Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least fav CAS trend?

Comments

• LilMoonLilMoon Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2021
    -Unproportionately large eyes/lips/boobs/hips.
    -Unproportionately small noses.
    -Super red cheeks like they have been slapped for hours.
    Lx0wdtT.png
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    sunblond wrote: »
    The use of hashtags like, hot, sexy, model, on every single sim a creator makes whether they apply or not, in fact anyone who spams hashtags that are not applicable to that household.

YES to the incorrect hashtags. I hate when people upload Sims with incorrect tags because that completely defeats the point of the "search" option.

I'm also not fond of the popular uploads as they are all clones of each other. It's boring. I do make a lot of my own Sims, but it gets tiring and sometimes I want to stick some interesting townies in my save. It's really hard to find average Sims that look like the creator put thought into making them.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I've only made 2 sims in the CAS and I don't download any, so can't say I've noticed any trends.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've never downloaded a sim from the gallery. I tend to just play with what the game has or my own sims. I think the maxed skills thing would probably annoy me though.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hate it when people use custom poses so that their obviously cc sim shows up even when cc is supposed to be hidden. I see a lot of sims that are really obviously using default replacements, and that means you can’t tell what the sim is actually going to look like. I use default replacements, but I make and save/share sims with those out of my mods folder.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    -When creators only edit the everyday outfit and not the other ones. It makes more work for me because I'd have to add makeup to other outfits, remove excessive accessories, and fix mismatching clothing items.
    -Sims that appear beautiful with a custom gallery pose, but when you give them a child, a parent, or a sibling, the genetics end up looking weird.
    -Using hashtags on a Sim that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for.

Those are reasons why I try to find base sims or create my own Sims from scratch.

Look up netz-à-porter on pinterest or google, that might help you.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    -When creators only edit the everyday outfit and not the other ones. It makes more work for me because I'd have to add makeup to other outfits, remove excessive accessories, and fix mismatching clothing items.
    -Sims that appear beautiful with a custom gallery pose, but when you give them a child, a parent, or a sibling, the genetics end up looking weird.

Those are reasons why I try to find base sims or create my own Sims from scratch.

Base sims...that's a trend I love! 💕
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

That's a shame, is that really what "skilled" means? I use that hashtag for Sims I think would make good townies, but I don't make them "Supersims".

Regarding a "least fav CAS trend", that would probably be most Alpha CC in TS4. It just doesn't work for me in my game - although I have seen very nice fashion shots on the forum. What I see a lot though on Social Media are Sims with Alpha hairstyles. really long nails, flimsy outfits and the tiny waist + huge backside combo ... and it's really not for me. I don't mind what other players do with their game, but that aesthetic just doesn't speak to me at all.

Bout like how i feel. Don't mind some alpha as a lot looks pretty but wouldn't use it, but seeing these 'Instagram baddie' sims. Always think it seems so fake opposed to looking realistic, much like what I see on the platform and it always seem to be such a trend.

Always seems so boring to me and at times pretty tacky.

5vJrxmT.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Fully skilled sims. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I like to play the game and over time build up my sims skills, if they're fully skilled already they're just unplayable for me :s
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

And I also have a thread on the forums, which is where the pictures on pinterest come from. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member

And I also have a thread on the forums, which is where the pictures on pinterest come from. :)

No way! I don't think I've come up with my own outfit for a long time. Thank you for making that thread.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Tumblr sims. Basically this, an exaggerated one:

8dagpin66gp21.png

Red cheeks, thick lips, vitligo, heterochromia etc all in one

I avoid that website like the plague. I once got called racist because i was playing a black legacy as a white simmer.

My sim married the black premade from discover university because I thought he was cute and I liked his major.

I believe they said I was basically doing digital blackface 🙄

Toxicity thrives on tumblr and twitter lol. I avoid all the text and just download cc
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

8dagpin66gp21.png

I avoid that website like the plague. I once got called racist because i was playing a black legacy as a white simmer.

My sim married the black premade from discover university because I thought he was cute and I liked his major.

Holy heck...they surely wouldn't like my colorful world of sims of all races that I play.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    What the actual ffff? I’m so sorry you had to go through that @Zeldaboy180

@StrawberryYogurt lol tumblr Sims are just a whole other breed imo. Like duplo to lego lol. I honestly don’t want to know what thought processes they had to lead them into making—err stylistically varied Sims unless they replace every other townie with those buck-toothed, beady-eyed bobbleheads with a bus horn for a nose.

Back to the topic, that would be my least fave CAS trend. In hopes of simulating a tween life-state, some Simmers have resorted to presets that shorten the Sim and make their heads larger I guess it looks ok for storytelling? But don’t you have to like manually set them back to regular presets once they age into teens? I imagine it being hella annoying to do to everyone.
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    What the actual ffff? I’m so sorry you had to go through that @Zeldaboy180

@StrawberryYogurt lol tumblr Sims are just a whole other breed imo. Like duplo to lego lol. I honestly don’t want to know what thought processes they had to lead them into making—err stylistically varied Sims unless they replace every other townie with those buck-toothed, beady-eyed bobbleheads with a bus horn for a nose.

Back to the topic, that would be my least fave CAS trend. In hopes of simulating a tween life-state, some Simmers have resorted to presets that shorten the Sim and make their heads larger I guess it looks ok for storytelling? But don’t you have to like manually set them back to regular presets once they age into teens? I imagine it being hella annoying to do to everyone.

I tried out that preset and yeah, my sim aged to teen with the weirdest proportions and his head was HUGE! I had a heck of a time getting him back to normal proportions and he still doesn't look right. I think I ruined about 5 of my favorite kids with that stupid preset.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I think I ruined about 5 of my favorite kids with that stupid preset.

Oh no. Those poor kids! Now that is a trend that needs to go.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    edited April 2021
    I would say cc skin overlays. The problem I have is that not everyone has that overlay and when you download it the sim won’t look like how you see it in portrait. That includes cc pieces. I use custom poses but that’s only because more people seem to gravitate towards sims with custom poses. (I’m really good with CAS *knocks on wood* but custom poses gets them attention). I do not understand why some people are popular on the gallery when all they make is something deceiving. I kinda dislike custom poses (even though I use them) because they seem to make your sims LOOK better than they actually do.

And what in the WORLD makes people download clone like sims off of someone’s catalog???
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)

8dagpin66gp21.png

🤨 People are so weird. I don’t even know what to think of tumblrites. I stay far away from that site and also Twitter.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    Skilled Sims. I don't want max'd out sims in my game. They're not fun to play. Wish they could be dialed back but then again it's not the end of the world not to use a sim.
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    I would say cc skin overlays. The problem I have is that not everyone has that overlay and when you download it the sim won’t look like how you see it in portrait. That includes cc pieces. I use custom poses but that’s only because more people seem to gravitate towards sims with custom poses. (I’m really good with CAS *knocks on wood* but custom poses gets them attention). I do not understand why some people are popular on the gallery when all they make is something deceiving. I kinda dislike custom poses (even though I use them) because they seem to make your sims LOOK better than they actually do.

And what in the WORLD makes people download clone like sims off of someone’s catalog???

It's the presentation. People, no matter who or what, will always choose the thing that is presented better, even if the item is actually worse. Pictures matter. I don't understand why Maxis made the gallery pictures so awful.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    iamoz96 wrote: »

It's the presentation. People, no matter who or what, will always choose the thing that is presented better, even if the item is actually worse. Pictures matter. I don't understand why Maxis made the gallery pictures so awful.

I agree. The default pictures are hideous.