Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you usually do when you're travelling in the car, bus, train, etc?

Listen to music and use my phone to come on here, or Tumblr, or Instagram.

I live in too podunk a town to have any real bus service, and certainly no trains, so in the car, I listen to either the radio or my Spotify playlists. Can't do anything else because I'm driving.

Do you sing in your car during traffic jams? 😂 A lot of people do that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    edited April 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Use Google Autocomplete (or your phone's autocorrect) to fill in your imaginary The Sims 4 forum profile. XD

My name is ____________.
    My hobbies include ________.
    I joined this forum to ________.

My name is John Lewis.

My hobbies include a wide range of sports and entertainment.

I joined this forum to help me with the memes.

My name is the one who said that you are a good idea.

My hobbies include a lot of things that you can do to help you with your own business.

I joined this forum to share my thoughts and ideas on how to play with you.

😂 😂 😂
    Today's Q Q is:

Depends on who I'm with...
    If it's a family car ride with just my mom or my siblings, then we're probably jamming out to musicals or music while talking about something. Otherwise, I'll take a book or maybe some crochet so I can talk but keep my hands busy.

A bus ride like for swim my freshman year...it was either homework (reading a book or on laptop), reading for pleasure, playing something like Sims on my laptop, or I'd take my Nintendo 3ds along. Although, I did have a seizure on the bus once, so there's that, too 😅

Plane, like when I flew to NYC? I had both a book and my 3ds with me (it was during the summer, so no homework). When I flew to Colorado, I think I just played on my phone...but I was able to sit with friends that flight (swim vs. a handful of choir members) and it was my first time flying, whereas NYC was my second.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    My one brain cell to my other 34 brain cells.

tumblr_pmku9sm5eD1tccwhq_250.gifv
    tenor.gif
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited April 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

I live in too podunk a town to have any real bus service, and certainly no trains, so in the car, I listen to either the radio or my Spotify playlists. Can't do anything else because I'm driving.

In traffic jams (which don't last long here; it's somewhere between large town and barely-a-city) or even normal driving, if I really like a song, sometimes I'll rock out to it a bit, vocally, but I don't like to hear my own voice, so I kind of do it quietly so I can still hear the singer more than myself.

tenor.gif

Dang. The Flash is my favorite since I was a kid. In fact the only one I really liked and wanted to be like. I was usually tops at the hundred-meter dash. Couldn't run long distance but I could run faster than anyone else for short distances.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

In traffic jams (which don't last long here; it's somewhere between large town and barely-a-city) or even normal driving, if I really like a song, sometimes I'll rock out to it a bit, vocally, but I don't like to hear my own voice, so I kind of do it quietly so I can still hear the singer more than myself.

tenor.gif

Dang. The Flash is my favorite since I was a kid. In fact the only one I really liked and wanted to be like. I was usually tops at the hundred-meter dash. Couldn't run long distance but I could run faster than anyone else for short distances.

Flash is my fav too when I was younger but I didn't watch the cartoon TV show that regularly. :D But I just remember the first time I saw the cartoon, I was like, "This guy is cool cuz he's FAST." 🤣 And I can relate to the short distances too. I can sprint pretty fast but not run long distances cuz of my asthma. One time we had a baton relay for sports day and for my House, I was the last runner since that's where you usually place the faster ones who will just run straight till the end without any bends. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I like the Flash, but man, I am no sprinter 😅 let me swim the 500, 1000, the 1650 (which is a mile) or even a 200 fly before swimming a 50 sprint 😬
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    I like the Flash, but man, I am no sprinter 😅 let me swim the 500, 1000, the 1650 (which is a mile) or even a 200 fly before swimming a 50 sprint 😬

You're the best water sprinter. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Been looking at (possibly) getting an "All In One" desktop PC, but I thought I would ask if anyone else has any experience (good or bad) with these things, before I commit!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Been looking at (possibly) getting an "All In One" desktop PC, but I thought I would ask if anyone else has any experience (good or bad) with these things, before I commit!

If you want to play the Sims 4 on it, then don't. I don't have personal experience with it. But I know it's not very powerful and obviously won't have strong enough fans in it to handle heavy tasks. The good thing is that it does looks super cool and stylish and saves space.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited April 2021

What are the specs? My old Dell Precision M4800 laptop (from 2013 or so) runs all packs of Sims4 plus many packs all loaded at once on Sims3 (haven't tried them all yet but I will) all at max resolution and graphics settings, just fine.

It has over 16 gb ram, with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 CPUs), with NVIDIA Quadro K2100M for graphics.

ETA:465 gb of storage on C, of which 272 gig are free...you don't even need a terrabyte drive.

I haven't tried RedDeadRedemption2 for PC on it (yet) because we have that on PS4, but I would like to see if it would run on my laptop anyway.

What are the specs of what you're looking at, anyway?

Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Here we go -

HP 22 aio r3 touch 8gb/1tb desktop - D.O.M. 2020

Operating system: Windows 10 Home
    Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 3 3250U Processor
    Integrated display: 10-point touch-enabled 21.5" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit three-sided micro-edge display, 250 nits, 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
    Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM memory (1 x 8 GB) - expandable to 16
    Internal Storage: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
    Graphics: AMD Radeon™ Graphics
    Mouse and keyboard: USB Black Wired keyboard and mouse combo
    Webcam: HP Truevision HD privacy camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
    Optical drive: DVD-Writer
    USB ports: 4 (2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 2 USB 2.0 Type-A)
    Connectivity: HDMI Out
    Wireless: Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo, MU-MIMO supported
    Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty
    Specifications

:wink:
    Post edited by 5782341b77vl on
    Today's Q Q is:

If you could play a scene in a movie, what would it be and which character would you play?

I wanna play as Bucky in Infinity War where he held Rocket Racoon up and spun him around. XD

43d5ee451ef94054c563c8fcdd92f905.gif
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Here we go -

Integrated display: 10-point touch-enabled 21.5" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit three-sided micro-edge display, 250 nits, 72% NTSC (1920 x 1080)
    Webcam: HP Truevision HD privacy camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
    Specifications

That looks about as good, if not better then my laptop. Sadly, 8 GB of memory doesn't go very far for gaming or running programs like Photoshop 😅 but if it works for you, then I don't see why not! I just always try to push mine to the limit 😂
    Today's Q Q is:

If you could play a scene in a movie, what would it be and which character would you play?

I wanna play as Bucky in Infinity War where he held Rocket Racoon up and spun him around. XD

43d5ee451ef94054c563c8fcdd92f905.gif

Oh gosh, there's lots to pick from 😅
    7dW3gu7.gif
    edited April 2021
    @bellagorilla

Oh, hopefully I can still find one of them with that optional 16 GB of RAM memory instead of 8! :open_mouth: Thank you for your help! :+1:

I have to go back and see about the fans, but you might be right about playing on it for too long, @DeKay
    edited April 2021
    Here we go -

Specifications

If you're playing The Sims 4 in it, I would suggest getting a processor that has a HQ in it. The one with the U means it's not going to be powerful enough since TS4 sometimes use multiple cores.
    U is Ultra Low-Power consumption

M for Mobile

QM for Quad Core and Mobile MQ is the same (Mobile and Quad Core)

HQ is for High Performance Graphics and Quad Core

Each of these prefixes tell you what features are you getting. If you choose a Y (Extreme Low Power Consumption) processor, it is meant to have the very best battery life you may get and could be without any fans inside, but it may slowdown the clock and may had less Cores than the similar with H or HQ capabilities where it may be focus in get the best performance without considering the battery life (like gamming computers). U prefix is for Ultra Low power consumption and may allow better balance between performance and battery life, but would have less performance than the equivalent in H Processor but U allow to have a more thin and stylish laptop (about 2lbs only).

So is important to know what is your way of work ? is it better for you to have the best performance you can get (even if you have to connect the laptop to the power outlet: Select H combination or without any letter) or you like to travel and get many hours using your laptop without connecting it ? (Select Y type may give more than 18 hours of battery life) and maybe you may like to sacrifice some battery life but to get the most performance for your line of work? (U Type may give up to 12 hours or more) This is why you have to look on the processors prefixes.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-differences-between-U-M-QM-MQ-and-HQ-processors-of-Intel-to-consider-when-buying-a-laptop

And I also don't know what kinda graphics card this is. It just says AMD. I don't know which model of card which will matter as well. Is there a reason why you want an All-in-One? Is it a budget issue? Or a space issue?

But overall, sometimes I don't even like giving tech recommendations for TS4 cuz the game is just poopy and still plays like poop. My gaming laptop has a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1050, i7 9750HQ, 8GB RAM and it still plays like garbage on some lots. The game performance is so not up to my standard that I don't even bother playing the game anymore. Not too mention that I've bought 2 other gaming laptops too that exceeded the game requirements and they all still perform terrible. All together, I think I spent like S$5200 on computers just for this game and it still stinks. 😅 Maybe this is why I despise TS4 so much now. LOL.

But I'm glad I bought my current laptop cuz my drawing program I use is pretty heavy too and having a powerful laptop helps.

Roughly an All-in-One I can find that has similar specs to my laptop (apart from the amount of RAM and screen resolution) is this one:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-27-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-256gb-ssd-2tb-hard-drive-ash-silver/6221032.p?skuId=6221032

So you can imagine, looking at the price. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @DeKay

:open_mouth: WOW! I just major league learned something today! Definitely have to look at computer stats labels closer and ask the sales person more in depth questions.

I'm also done with Sims4 - can't get it to run anymore! :(

Thank you for your help there!
    Today's Q Q is:
    What food do you dislike the most and why?

There's too many. Mostly most veggies. And then spicy stuff cuz my tongue can't handle them. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

There's too many. Mostly most veggies. And then spicy stuff cuz my tongue can't handle them. LOL.

Spicy food just kill me! I get really bad case of heartburn from eating that stuff, and it's game over for me!

I've tried Vegan stuff (my mom-in-law is Vegan) and it wasn't my favorite, but at least I can say that I've tried it.
    @DeKay

:open_mouth: WOW! I just major league learned something today! Definitely have to look at computer stats labels closer and ask the sales person more in depth questions.

No need to give up on things, though: my laptop as described above, cost a grand total of $400 on Ebay. I've never had any problems running ALL the packs on Sims4, plus Sims3 with about 4 packs running, currently (haven't bought them all yet, so I'll know if it runs well with all of them, when I find out).

Just saying you don't have to spend a fortune to get, not a top gaming laptop, but a good one that runs anything Sims dishes out, without a hiccup.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

I haven't been able to eat spicy food lately 😅

Meatloaf 🤢 just...ew.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Anything that's too sweet makes me sick. I don't get how people can eat raisins on their own, or jellybeans. Also, while I like them fine fresh or frozen, cannned carrots, beets, or spinach, are terrible. And pickled beets are in their own category of nasty, to me.

Do you like any punk bands?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited April 2021
    DeKay

No need to give up on things, though: my laptop as described above, cost a grand total of $400 on Ebay. I've never had any problems running ALL the packs on Sims4, plus Sims3 with about 4 packs running, currently (haven't bought them all yet, so I'll know if it runs well with all of them, when I find out).

Just saying you don't have to spend a fortune to get, not a top gaming laptop, but a good one that runs anything Sims dishes out, without a hiccup.

Luv ya but I find that hard to believe. Did you check the fps on the game? Are you playing with laptop mode off or on? Did you try to zoom out on the lot and then try to rotate the camera really fast and see how the fps is like? Did you play on the Windenburg World? Cuz that's the laggiest world I know. XD Honestly, it's also not the number of packs you have but more on which lots you play. Like the desert type worlds have less lag but the one with more moving trees in the backgrounds are the worst.

Last time we had a tech section on this forum, and a lot of times I realized people don't know how bad the game is until I tell them to look at the fps count. And also there have been times where some players didn't want to listen to us and still played the game on their laptop and then totally damaged it. My uni friend was also one of them.

Maybe you got lucky with your laptop but I wouldn't recommend people to play it on a non gaming laptop unless you turn on laptop mode but laptop mode looks kinda ugly. 😂 But it does give a smooth experience.
    Today's Q Q is:

Anything that's too sweet makes me sick. I don't get how people can eat raisins on their own, or jellybeans. Also, while I like them fine fresh or frozen, cannned carrots, beets, or spinach, are terrible. And pickled beets are in their own category of nasty, to me.

Do you like any punk bands?

Not really. Kinda ironic for someone who has the word "punk" in all their social media. 😂 I'm more into 2000's pop punk/punk rock.

Eddie is just a talented Sensei. XD He is an amazing violinist, singer, screamer and actor. What can he not do...? D:

Warning: If you don't like blood, don't watch this vid.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0LeILiafiA
    Post edited by DeKay on
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited April 2021
    I am not lying about the specs of my laptop, or its age, or what it cost to buy secondhand, or how it performs at highest resolution and graphics variables in the game. ETA: I have never had to use "laptop mode" with this.

Here are the details again, taken from the diagnostic (I of course removed some information such as machine name and ID):

System Information
    Time of this report: 4/21/2021, 18:37:00
    Machine name: [censored]
    Machine Id: {censored}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Precision M4800
    BIOS: A15 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16290MB RAM
    Page File: 8847MB used, 9873MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported

Display Devices
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)

Yes, I play it on the highest available resolution, with highest settings available for distance, reflections, etc. and this runs without problems, other than a UI so small that I have trouble reading the print and have to resort to reading glasses sometimes in Sims3, whereas in Sims4 I can put the UI at the upper range of proportionate to the highest resolution, and then it's fine.

I do know that the laptop was optimized for use as an architectural workstation, previously, so maybe there is something additional not shown in the specs above, but I searched the diagnostic and couldn't find anything else I thought might be pertinent.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you like as toppings on your ice cream?

Those small crumbly peanuts but I'm not very picky when it comes to toppings. I can do without them too. I just want the ice cream. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    What do you like as toppings on your ice cream?

Those small crumbly peanuts but I'm not very picky when it comes to toppings. I can do without them too. I just want the ice cream. XD

Oh I don't think I really have toppings, although the chocolate sauce is nice when I do have some.
    L9q8VGi.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top