Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post your Roller Coaster/Gondola/Bakery/Old mill/Resort or Savvy Seller builds here

KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
This thread has always been in the first page or two of the store. It has been sufficiently popular and has been getting new builds posted to it for years I am surprised EA have now decided they don't want us to access it any more. Since new posts are no longer possible it will gradually sink into oblivion. Now I know this is EA's intention. But we are the ones who are constantly looking for builds to download and add to our games so I thought, we might turn this thread into a place to post future builds, if anyone has any please post links and pictures here. We can keep the link to the old thread here so people can still find it.

I'm thinking we could expand the types of builds in this thread. I'll change the title when there are a few posts as no one may post anything at all. I hope you do though.
I will try to maintain a table of contents with headings to make it easy to find what's in this thread.

The Table of Contents is a few posts down. There are more headings in it than mentioned here so go down there and check it out if you're looking for something specific. I'm hoping to get some worlds in here too.

This thread is in the Store section. I started it years ago and it is still active. I see @Sandraelle just posted two of her recent new builds.

I thought I'd post a link here just in case you are interested and don't visit the store section often. Some of the older posts no longer have working pictures but most builds are linked to the Sims 3 Exchange so you can still get them. People do still add new builds occasionally so towards the end of the thread is where you'll find the new builds.

Roller Coaster Carnival and Amore Builds

This one is Bakery and Old Mill builds
Bakery and Old Mill Builds

Now and Then Century Manor and Amore builds in this one

Now and Then Century Manor and Amore Builds

This one was started by someone else. I think it's in the Worlds section. It is Savvy Seller Shops

Savvy Seller Shop Builds

Happy Simming
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ah, nice Karritz, thanks :)
    I've been looking for a few builds like this for one of my worlds, and actually building one myself was a bit daunting to me, since I'm interested in having one in the world, but not interested in building it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thanks @Karritz

I have saved every link for these long list of builds as I revisit them frequently when I start placing lots in new worlds but it's great for players who might be looking as I believe the pages on this forum were changed around a while ago making it hard to find anything even with a link.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Thanks @Karritz

I have saved every link for these long list of builds as I revisit them frequently when I start placing lots in new worlds but it's great for players who might be looking as I believe the pages on this forum were changed around a while ago making it hard to find anything even with a link.

Thanks @SPARKY1922 . The first post on that thread has an index that I wasn't able to update because the amount of characters in it is more than is allowed in this new forum. So any attempt to edit it will result in losing information.
    @Karritz

I learn something everyday I wonder why they did that have you any idea?
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @Karritz , thanks for posting the link to my lots, however, I just noticed that they locked that thread because it's considered an inactive thread. :#:o Well that's a shame!!
    edited April 2021
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @Karritz , thanks for posting the link to my lots, however, I just noticed that they locked that thread because it's considered an inactive thread. :#:o Well that's a shame!!

Thanks for the info. It has been in use for years. I suppose they just dont like us supporting their store.
    Post edited by Karritz on
    @Karritz

I learn something everyday I wonder why they did that have you any idea?

Progress. Its locked now anyway so we cant add any more to it now.
    edited April 2021
    @Sandraelle

Thanks annoying..

@Karritz

Progress is not the word i would use lol
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    @Karritz Cool, thanks!!
    ~Z~
    edited April 2021
    Sandraelle wrote: »

I thought about this sad occurrence and have changed the initial post to encourage people to post links to their builds in this thread in future. What do you think?

Maybe I ought to change the title to this thread too?
    @Karritz

I think that's a fab idea do your think they would stickie it? (i think thats what its called but you know what i mean-)
    @Karritz

I think that's a fab idea do your think they would stickie it? (i think thats what its called but you know what i mean-)

Thanks @SPARKY1922 . We might have to wait a while for it to be pinned to the top here. There are no posts of anyone's builds yet. I might reserve a couple of posts for a possible future index just in case and I'll start things off by posting one or more of my roller coasters here.
    edited June 2021
    Menu/Index

Bakeries

Page 2
    LA BOULANGERIE DE JOSETTE by Sandraelle

Bowling Alleys

Gondolas (Amore)

Page 3

VICTORIAN VILLAGE (GONDOLA LOT) by soocoolsim

Now and Then Century Manor

Old Mill

Residential

Page 2

The Lizzie Borden House by GraceyManor
    Residential or B&B - need to add rabbit hole rugs to convert to a B&B

Resorts

Page 2

PARROT CAY RESORT by Sandraelle

ISLANDS OF THE SUN RESORT by Sandraelle

EL CORDOBA RESORT by Sandraelle

TROPICAL DREAMS RESORT by Sandraelle

Page 3

HOTEL UNIQUE RESORT by soocoolsim

NAUTICA RESORT by soocoolsim

ROYAL PALM COURT RESORT by soocoolsim

Roller Coasters

Page 1
    Bluewater Fun Park by Karritz

Page 2

GRIZZLY BEAR ROLLER COASTERS by Sandraelle

CITY ROLLERS ROLLER COASTER PARK by Sandraelle

CARROUSEL DE CIRQUE PARK by Sandraelle

ISLAND TROPICS ADVENTURE PARK by Sandraelle

OCEANFRONT ROLLER COASTER PARK by Sandraelle

Page 3

PUPPY BOWER PLAYDIUM (ROLLERCOASTER LOT) by soocoolsim

"CAT"ITUDE WATERPARK (ROLLERCOASTER LOT) by soocoolsim

ROCKET COASTER SPACE STATION (ROLLERCOASTER LOT) by soocoolsim

TEDDY BEAR PICNIC ROLLERCOASTER PARK by soocoolsim

UNIVERSAL ADVENTURE PARK by soocoolsim

HAPPY EASTER BUNNY PLAYPARK (ROLLERCOASTER LOT) by soocoolsim

CARNIVAL ON THE WATER by Karritz

Savvy Seller Shops

Page 3

MUSHROOM TOWN CENTRE (INCL SAVVY SELLERS) by soocoolsim

Worlds

Other...

If you post something and I don't add it to the table of contents after a few days - please send me a message as I might have not seen it.

Please make suggestions for other appropriate headings for build types you would like to see in this thread.

Please let me know which heading your build needs to be placed under. I'll do my best to guess but if that doesn't come out right please let me know.
    Reserved for future index (second page) just in case people actually post their builds here.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: May it be any builds or just roller coasters?
    :) Smile!

Roller coasters in Sims 4? How do I get this? hehe
    ~Z~
    edited April 2021
    Here is my Bluewaters Fun Park. I use this in my videos when I want a couple to get married and so far they are just friends. There is a romantic dance floor in it as well as a lot of other delights.

It's on a 64x64 lot.

You will need most, or possibly all Expansions, stuff packs and lots of store content released before December 2013. There is no third party Custom Content in this build.

Sims 3 Exchange Link
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7880852

RC_Blue007.jpg

More information and pics here...
    It was my Christmas build and in my mind represents Christmas Day in Australia. That's why there is a Christmas tree in it. Think beach, sun, sand, bar-b-ques and lots of water fun. Plus a roller coaster of course.

I sometimes amended the roller coaster for my videos. In one world I removed the Family Fun Water Arena and replaced it with the Carousel. And, when using this venue for my videos I remove all of the supports so my roller coaster in the videos is floating in the air. The supports are not really needed once the build is done. The coaster will stay put without them. I didn't need to remove them when not making videos but the supports just got in the way of all of my shots of the sims having fun.

RC_Blue017.jpg

This is the romantic corner - Love Inspectors can be found here. I think the Love Inspectors came with Seasons Expansion.
    RC_Blue012.jpg

There are at least 3 love inspectors in this area. This is one of them.
    Love-Inspector01.jpg

The love inspector is next to a long narrow building that's at the edge of the 64x64 lot. This building has 4 useful levels. The fifth level can't be accessed by sims and only contains a few balloons. There are no actual walls in the building so when sims are inside the game treats them as if they are outdoors. The apparent 'walls' are actually fences.

First level is the café area. It has a barista bar from University Life and a food register. Tables and chairs and some fridges.
    Cafe-Area001.jpg

The next level up is the romantic dance floor and a professional bar from Late Night.
    Professional-Bar-And-Dance-Floor001.jpg
    Sims can order food and drinks from the professional bar and sit at the tables provided to eat.

The level above the dance floor has a variety of arcade games.
    Games-Level001.jpg

Then there is the place the sims need to use to get on and off the roller coaster.
    Top-Floor-Roller-Coaster-Entrance001.jpg

If your sim gets the urge to buy some souvenirs there is a Savvy Seller shop above the main entrance.
    Savvy-Seller-Store001.jpg

There is a barrier to entry system used for the front gate/entrance to the park. That's just in case your sim wants to own it and run a business having townies pay to visit the park. I tend to remove that barrier to entry system and just have fancy archways to allow sims freedom to enter and exit. I've never been very interested in running a business with this park so don't know how it would work in practice.

RC_Blue018.jpg

Sims can go surfing too. (I put the Carousel near the surfing pool when I removed the Family Fun Water Arena for my videos. I don't always do that. I think for my current video the water fun arena is still in place. I won't be changing the version on the Exchange which has the Family Fun Water Arena in it.)
    RC_Blue013.jpg

Nothing like a cool ice cone on a hot day. I had the venue in Lucky Palms when I got this shot. This came with Seasons Expansion.
    RC_Blue011.jpg

And a smallish swimming pool with a bar attendant just in case your sim gets thirsty during their swim.
    RC_Blue010.jpg

The Christmas Tree - of course this can be removed if you don't want it to be there.
    RC_Blue009.jpg

The romantic dance floor. The gobos (lights) can be set to have random colours or specific colours and there a lot of patterns available too. They came with Late Night Expansion.
    RC_Blue015.jpg

If you do download it and enjoy it I'd appreciate a Recommendation of it on the Exchange. I am after another badge and am a few rec's short of getting it.

Enjoy and happy simming

I've got several more roller coaster builds on the exchange. I'll try to post more of them in this thread. Hopefully others will also post theirs here too.

@Karritz

As I said earlier great idea and wonderful pics of your builds. I hope more creators join in we need more of these threads again :)
    edited April 2021
    @Karritz

As I said earlier great idea and wonderful pics of your builds. I hope more creators join in we need more of these threads again :)

Thanks. I've got a few of these types of threads over in the store general forum. But if I link to them they will probably be closed too. They are usually on the first 2 or 3 pages over there.
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: May it be any builds or just roller coasters?

I've set this up as a replacement for my Roller Coaster and Gondola builds but, I see no reason it can't be for any builds at all. We need somewhere to share that sort of thing. I've saved two posts for an index just in case it grows. I can add headings to it to show the type of build so if people are looking for something specific they shouldn't have to look too far for what they want.

I need to change the name of the thread to indicate what it's for. I haven't done that yet.
    zoldos9 wrote: »

I have no idea. Are there roller coasters in the Sims 4? The roller coasters posted here are all for the Sims 3.
    Karritz wrote: »
    zoldos9 wrote: »

I have no idea. Are there roller coasters in the Sims 4? The roller coasters posted here are all for the Sims 3.

My bad. I didn't realize this was a Sims 3 area. :)
    ~Z~
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    These look great! I always love theme park type of lots! Wish they had more attractions in game like a Ferris wheel or carnival games
    though. :D
    These look great! I always love theme park type of lots! Wish they had more attractions in game like a Ferris wheel or carnival games
    though. :D

I have a ferris wheel but it's custom content.

douglasveiga_FerrisWheel_v1.1.package

I have it in my dome and my sims ride it. He said he could make it work but not look very pretty so it's a bit plain but it works.

I put it inside my Dome

TheDomeFromAbove001.jpg

Ferris-Wheel.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I think that looks pretty!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top