Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm not sure at 100% but I think MMO RPG give as much content for both genders.

They've been getting better, but a lot of the stuff for women in MMO's and CRPG's is really sexualized. So while the content may be equal, the usability depends on how much of an issue you have with chain bikini's counting as "armor"

Ironically, I've had the opposite problem in the MMO I play. Almost all the female armor is chunky ugly full coverage stuff that looks like your character is wearing a tin can xD And the race I like is short so they're forced to wear the male armor because short = child apparently, which massively offends me as a short adult irl. I wish they'd give both options.
  • exome5135exome5135 Posts: 5 New Member
    I agree we need more male items. I dress as many male sims in my game as I do females. The females have many items to choose from, but most are truly ugly. The males have less, but equally ugly items, to choose from. As a past apparel designer I wonder what qualifications these designers have as they create items that look pasted together from a trash bin. Really, what is the deal with the short pants? I do not think it unfair to ask for a "Manly pack", good God they give us every one of their "California-Dreaming-gender-bending- politically-correct crap packs hoping to turn everyone into mindless followers of their ideology. I just want to unwind from a hard day, and live in a fantasy world where everyone is nice, well-dressed and every male sim has muscles and positive traits.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited April 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm not sure at 100% but I think MMO RPG give as much content for both genders.

They've been getting better, but a lot of the stuff for women in MMO's and CRPG's is really sexualized. So while the content may be equal, the usability depends on how much of an issue you have with chain bikini's counting as "armor"

Mass Effect is good in that regard, with some flaws as Ashley design in Mass Effect 3 or some Miranda scenes in ME2.
    And, only ME1 is CRPG.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I agree that men need more clothes as they are so lacking but I doubt they would do a men's only pack. I would love to see an even amount of cas assets for both men and women come in future packs. So an X amount of female assets and then match the amount with the male assets.

But there is so much for females in CAS that an SP would just be trying to catch up and why not let females bow out just this once, since they have so much already.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 454 Member
    At this point you could do 5 expansions with only male clothing and no female clothing and after that women would still have more. It's that unbalanced.
  • tx631292tx631292 Posts: 18 Member
    I agree yes yes and more
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I would love this. Male sims need more love! Give them some more facial hair options as well!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2021
    The Sims is like Barbie, for example Barbie careers are :
    • Doctor
    • Florist
    • Lifeguard
    • Pet Vet
    • Firefighter
    • Astronaut
    • Chef
    • Athlete
    • Dog Trainer
    • Barista
    • Teacher
    • Musician
    • Journalist
    • Coach

Maybe The Sims will bring Farmer too but Mechanic, Carpenter, Airplane pilot and Sailor careers are still missing.

featur11.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 454 Member
    For a full expansion such jobs could be nice yes, of course it shouldn't be called men's pack or such but just once it could simply be strongly focused on more masculine activities and clothes.

Like there could be this construction site neighbourhood where you'd need sims working in various jobs to build the place up. When off to work they'd work at a construction site, when work there's finished, they might get tasks at other places in the neighbourhood and it could also have the rabbit hole option if you don't want to follow them to work or when all neighbourhood work is done.
    But you'd need sims in the carpenter, bricklayer, electrician, plumber, gardener and mechanic careers to fully fix the neighbourhood. Aside from apartments, houses and public venues there could also be bridges, a bridge in need of a pier, some docks to build and maybe other unique locations.

And along with all that there'd of course be plenty of related clothing. Common jeans, overalls, company shirts, safety goggles, hard hats, gloves, etc.
    They could also toss in more facial hair at least, and body hair in a free update. More blue collar haircuts too, functional stuff good to work with. Like some new ponytails for men and women but maybe also more balding styles for men.

And new activities and stuff.. like bringing back the fixer upper car from Sims 2 to improve the mechanic skill for the mechanic career, and there could be several cars and bikes for this to fix up and customise in a few different ways. Like changing spoilers, bumpers, wheels, etc. You could really pimp out your car.
    And of course, regular cars could also be added in this expansion, maybe a few in the free update. And these cars could be taken to the mechanic to pimp them some, but sims with a high enough mechanic skill can do that themselves.

Carpenter could use a woodworking skill, not sure if that's in the game yet I haven't played in a while but they could practice this already as a kid by building a tree house. Other things they could build could be a dog house, garden furniture, various boats to use on the water too or just a raft.

Bricklayer could maybe just use handiness skill but there could maybe be some stuff to construct at home like a barbeque, a pizza oven and other stuff.

• BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    We defs need more masculine items. But I don't think the potential pack should have any gendered names in the title, like "man" etc. We're living in a woke generation, after all. Having the name "man" or "male" or whatever in the title name could imply that it's just for men and offend people.

These ideas aren't 'for men' they are masculine. Traditionally masculine interests and clothing/styles etc is needed in the game. It's not 'for men' though just as much as pretty pink stuff isn't 'just for women' etc. These things are just more popular with one gender or the other, but that doesn't imply that it's specifically for anyone... We had stuff like this in TS2 for example, with the car building thing and stuff. Could be cool to have more sports things too, which I think are still considered masculine today

Realistically speaking though, I don't think TS4 would ever make a gendered pack. Gendered jobs, for example, like claiming one job is for one gender and not the other, would offend a lot of people lol. We all know that it's a real thing that some occupations are more popular with men or women, but TS4 and the world is working towards a gender neutrality in things. I don't think it would be wise to separate the genders...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, it's a slippery slope to make a gendered pack. People will get mad

But TS4 needs more male hairstyles and clothes and aesthetic stuff. I just don't know about gendering jobs... I don't know. Seems like it would be a sensitive subject
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    So, instead of saying ''I want more hairtsyles for men'' I should say ''I want more short hairstyles with a straight/square hairline''? Because women hairline tend to be more round. Personnally, I want more clothes that are ample/wide and not just trendy tight crop tops and high waist pants.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    I add a Motorsports TV channel

hdtv-h10.jpg

As a big Formula 1 fan I love this!

Ontopic: Yes to more stuff for men, no to calling it a man pack
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    So, instead of saying ''I want more hairtsyles for men'' I should say ''I want more short hairstyles with a straight/square hairline''? Because women hairline tend to be more round. Personnally, I want more clothes that are ample/wide and not just trendy tight crop tops and high waist pants.

I want more hairstyles for men and clothes for men too, nothing wrong with saying that
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Yet another female career instead of Construction Manager/Architect

screen16.png

Men can design rooms too. There's an entire show about these two brothers who redesign houses, it's sorta popular, I used to see commercials for it all the time.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2021
    Definitely. We should have got a kit called "man cave" before getting the latest Game pack! ;)

Let's hope there's something to please men in it otherwise Bob will be upset! B)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Rather than just a big lump of male CAS, how about some kind of Manly Man Stuff Pack?

Alternately, this is the kind of thing Kit packs might actually be useful for - a big old lump of CAS. Unfortunately the latest Kit hasn't done anything to persuade me it'll be worth the money.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Another hobby that the men like : Build a model

hobbie10.jpg

It could come with the model train and ship in a bottle

ftren110.png
    c52f4110.jpg
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    It's already been said that they can't call it a "Man Pack" apparently. So I want a Garage Pack then.

There are garage bands. So yeah, give us bands already! DUDES LOVE BANDS!

I've known a few people who have converted their garages into bars. So give us pool tables and pinball machines. Maybe craft beer if you want to be super cool about it. DUDES LOVE BARS!

Restoration is often performed in a garage. So junk cars, but other junk would be rad too. I mean, there is handiness, but I guess I think of it as something different. I know a lot of dudes who are gearheads and love working on things like cars and music gear, but I don't know a single dude who is into woodworking. So yeah, more of a Restoration hobby is more what I would like to see I guess. Maybe the ability to restore more of the stuff you find dumpster diving. (If you don't have EL, some of that stuff is fixable, but some is unsalvageable like what happens after a fire.) DUDES LOVE RESTORING STUFF!

Sports equipment is often stored in a garage. So give us more sports representation. At least some decorations. Signed baseballs, trophies from their high school glory days. DUDES LOVE SPORTSBALL!

Yard working gear is often stored in garages too. So yeah, give us the ability to mow the lawn, trim hedges, etc. Even if it doesn't visually grow, you could give us some other indication that the lawn needs mowing. DUDES HATE LOVE YARDWORK!

BONUSES:
    Cars (some people want those badly)
    Mechanic and possibly also Refurbisher Careers. Those can go with the Mechanic Skill.
    Model building. Same vein, really. The guys I know who like to work on big cars, also like to put together tiny ones. :lol:
    I love the barber/shaving idea. I don't know how that would fit into garages, but I would love to see it.
    And of course, we finally need a rock/classic rock/arena rock radio station for them to blast in their driveways on a hot day.
    DUDES LOVE ALL THOSE THINGS!

Let's give the Dudes Garages some love! They've been waiting too long, and they deserve it. Most of my favorite people are dudes places are garages.

And yes, I've said most of it before, but it bears repeating.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    You have my vote. Sounds like a slice of perfection. <3
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Yes agree with the above comments. Love @OutlawWoman 's comments. Male gender, EA speaking, is overlooked so much.
    Bring on garage bands, tradies, creative guys etc and stop with the YF target in regard to clothing plus.
    Tired of scouring the internet for cas items plus gameplay that is more gender inclusive
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited May 2021
    I can easily think of all kind of packs for us dudes:
    • Dream Dude Decorator.
    • Dude Lifestyle.
    • Get Dude.
    • Realm of Dudes.
    • Dudes.
    • Bust the Dude.
    • Dude Adventures.
    • Dudes Escape.
    • Discover Dudes.
    • Dudes and Dudes.
    • Duderville.
    • Dudehood.
    • Dude Out.
    • Dude Day.
    • Dude Retreat.
    • Journey to Dude.
    • Tiny Dudes.
    • My First Dude.
    • Dude Night.
    • Vintage Dude.
    • Cool Dude.
    • Perfect Dude.

Etc.

You get the gist. C’mon Maxis, it ain’t that hard!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Hey Dudes, how about a Weredudes? :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2021