The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have to choose 12 objects for Farming/Country EP, tell us which and why

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
(Besides new harvestables, horses, NPCs or build mode features)

1. Butter churn: to made homemade butter

2. Canning station: to made jam, pickles and other canned food

3. Sheep corral: to have fiber

4. Chicken coop: to have fresh eggs and face Charles again

5. Cow dairy: to have fresh milk

6. Compost bin: to store manure and make and sell fertilizer

7. Grandpa tractor: to control pest and weed to many plants at once

8. Forging station: to fabricate tools, horseshoes and other steel based crafting items

9. Axe throwing: to have another outdoor activitie besides farming animals

11. Gardening station: without a greenhouse proper tool, a item similar to TS3 Store

11. Loom: to use the sheep wool and craft new items.

12. Banjo: to play country style music

Bonus track. Nectar maker: similar to The Sims Freeplay one, off-the-grid
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I don't really care for a butter churn as you can make butter with a mixer and I don't know how much use we would get out of butter. A mixer on the other hand, could be used to create more recipes. I would much rather prefer a juice extractor to make fresh juice or a grape press to make nectar. Even a distillery kit for fruit would be nice. I also, don't want a tractor. We already have too many plants and nothing to do with them. Growing more plants wouldn't help with that. I would like something that would help to reduce the amount of fruits and vegetables our sims grow. A juice extractor or a canning station could help with that. The fizzy machine that came with Eco Lifestyle is useless in this regard as it gives you one bottle of fizz per one fruit or vegetable.
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think country band instruments would be fun such as a fiddle, banjo, acoustic guitar, double bass.
    A duck pond.

• Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    deeman190 wrote: »
    What about a fiddle?

There's six violin/fiddle in TS4 already
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't really care for a butter churn as you can make butter with a mixer and I don't know how much use we would get out of butter. A mixer on the other hand, could be used to create more recipes. I would much rather prefer a juice extractor to make fresh juice or a grape press to make nectar. Even a distillery kit for fruit would be nice. I also, don't want a tractor. We already have too many plants and nothing to do with them. Growing more plants wouldn't help with that. I would like something that would help to reduce the amount of fruits and vegetables our sims grow. A juice extractor or a canning station could help with that. The fizzy machine that came with Eco Lifestyle is useless in this regard as it gives you one bottle of fizz per one fruit or vegetable.

I've posted about a nectar making kit concept that can includes a juice extractor but it appears that content is too much heavy to be handed by a Kit, so I think both juice extractor and nectar maker (like TS Freeplay) can be added in a farming/country EP.
    Mak27 wrote: »
    What about a fiddle?

There's six violin/fiddle in TS4 already

I edited my response. I think country band instruments would be fun.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I love all of your ideas.

Personally, I'm hoping they will set it in an Italian inspired world, so I'd love it if they'd bring back nectar making as well as the pizza oven.
    I love all of your ideas.

Personally, I'm hoping they will set it in an Italian inspired world, so I'd love it if they'd bring back nectar making as well as the pizza oven.

A off the grid nectar maker like in TS Freeplay and another powered like in TS3, and of course the pizza oven and maybe a stove and grill that matches the oven swatches
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    The canning station and chicken coop are equally tempting...Right now it doesn't feel like you can do much with harvested fruits and veggies except use them as ingredients or quick snacks. I'd love to make jams, preserves and pickles.

Additionally, the presence of chickens and other poultry would diversify cooking ingredients with at least the addition of eggs, a lovely plus would be the ability to process meat. Feathers could be collected (sanitized! Mites, yuck) and used for projects. (Ooh, what if Sims could stuff their own pillows! If we had geese we could have goosedown pillows!)
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Items to create a vineyard for making my own wine and mead would be at the top of the wishlist for a Farming pack.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • tx631292tx631292 Posts: 18 Member
    . Chicken coop:
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2021
    The canning station and chicken coop are equally tempting...Right now it doesn't feel like you can do much with harvested fruits and veggies except use them as ingredients or quick snacks. I'd love to make jams, preserves and pickles.

Additionally, the presence of chickens and other poultry would diversify cooking ingredients with at least the addition of eggs, a lovely plus would be the ability to process meat. Feathers could be collected (sanitized! Mites, yuck) and used for projects. (Ooh, what if Sims could stuff their own pillows! If we had geese we could have goosedown pillows!)

BRILLIANT!!! Just, brilliant!

Also, I am greedy and just want ALL THE THINGS so... :D
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Butter could be added to recipes to make them richer/more satisfying perhaps.

I'd like a nectar maker (with the ability to make different ones depending on the combination of fruits) or a juicer (which could make fruit and vegetable juices); in both cases different blends could produce different effects, like boosting energy or staving off hunger or put Sims in a different mood like Focused or Energized, Or they could be sold (either direct from inventory, in a retail store if player has GTW, or the sales table if one of the packs that uses that is available).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think country band instruments would be fun such as a fiddle, banjo, acoustic guitar, double bass.
    A duck pond.

We have acoustic guitars and violins already (and I think one of the options for music is country as you level up the skill). Banjo and double bass would be fun, especially once they add the ability to form bands.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited April 2021
    A duck pond.

We have acoustic guitars and violins already (and I think one of the options for music is country as you level up the skill). Banjo and double bass would be fun, especially once they add the ability to form bands.

Electric guitar? Steel guitar?