Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career kits

Would you be interested in a career kit?
I haven't bought any kits yet and I won't be buying the current ones, I'm not against them though. But one kit I could see myself buying is a career one..maybe it could include classic careers from Sims 2 or completely new ones. I would really appreciate it as many of the career mods I use are not kept up to date. I'm a little bored of the careers in the game by now. What do you think?

Career kits 60 votes

Yay
61% 37 votes
Nay
38% 23 votes

Comments

• talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I think it would be a good idea. I don't have any of the current kits either, but I think that they are a great way to add in some things to the game without it coming in a large expansion pack. I certainly would love to see new careers, especially if they could be interactive like the ones from Get to Work! Those are some of my favorite careers to give my Sims.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd be interest in specialized kits. I feel career kits would fit into gameplay kits pretty well, be it handfuls of random careers or certain active ones. I'd like world kits to make an appearance, too, but it does not fit so neatly into the defined parameters.

The only real problem I see with career kits is they would have to base, namely. So something dealing with cross pack skills or themes might not be on the table.
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    yes for sure, I mean I feel like we don't have enough, also heres another idea is to add aspirations with that. So much potential, really......
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, i'm always ready for new careers, aspirations and traits. Actually the fact that BtD had 2 new aspirations was decisive to me to buy it...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love livable Singer/Band, Superhero, Supernatural Hunter & Inventor Careers.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Wow, EA/Maxis nickel and diming players and I say no why would I pay for an kit? almost every feature that was in the previous versions are/may be up for sale. No, I will keep mind on my money and not give into the game that may/is running.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited April 2021
    Nah, I would not pay money for just a rabbit hole. I also don't want them to divide up content and try to sell that to me for a game that has been running for 6 + years and has so many bugs. It doesn't feel right to me.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    These should be included as part of an EP, as they are in TS2. Alternatively, in a GP or major patch. The kit approach is just leeches on a victim.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Would love more careers aspirations and traits in the game either kit or pack
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2021
    They’d have to incorporate quite a few careers in a Kit for me to pay them $5. I can download 50 career mods in less than 30 seconds so it’s gotta be worth my $

But I guess it could be nice for console players lol
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Thank you for the responses everyone, I love reading your opinions!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2021
    I love the polls in this forum, I mostly click them without posting, so I actually don't remember what I chose this time!
    I bought the Dust The Bust and Country Chic Kitch Kits; but I don't think I would be interested in a career kit, I have the most fun in the game when I register my sims with Ministry of Labour making up a job description and giving them assignments to match. The careers can be somewhat fun, a bit too much on the jolly side though; but if there would be a serious addition I am not against throwing my money in the lake!
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I would prefer world kits
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes, but ... it would have to be one with a work-from-home option or active gigs like the Paranormal Investigator. It would have to come with "stuff" - either CAS assets or Buy items, preferably both - that you get for advancing in the career and completing gigs. And there should be 2 or 3 careers per career kit. Not branches, careers.

I also would be kinda miffed if a pack came along within 2-3 years that the career(s) would fit in. Careers that would fit in packs that are already out I'd be less miffed, as that's a lot to go back and add in to an existing pack, and I don't expect them to have a time travel device tucked away somewhere in the offices to go back and add it when it came out.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It would be nice with kits that improved the active careers
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I wouldn't mind the idea, as long as it added something I really wanted. Like you, I don't own any kits yet, but that's because I only shop during sales and they haven't been on sale yet.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2021
    I personally think the concept of kits should be kept more simple in my opinion, kits should be used to add more CAS, build & buy and a little bit of gameplay items, just adding a bit of extra to your game if you want too, careers I think should be in packs or updates, same as world's