Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

yay bunk beds are coming

1235...Next

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

As someone who's used CC bunk beds, it's a totally different situation. What makes them hard to create is the animations, the mesh is the easy part. I haven't seen a single CC bunk bed that has the quality of animation that an official bunk bed would need, most of them the sim just teleports up to the top which obviously wouldn't be good enough for an official version.

CC creators haven't come close to the standard of what bunk beds should be in 7 years, so that just shows how difficult they are to animate and create. It's a complex thing to make and we all know how much EA restricts their resources, they've had to work up to bunk beds with ladders into water in 2019, full ladders in 2020 and now bunk beds this year.

Have you seen Pandasama's? It does have a climbing animation. I have just used the toddler/child one though. It looks fine.

It's ok for CC but the climbing still looks pretty weird though, it'd have to be way more polished for an official animation and the textures are pretty alpha
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Not to be "that person" but CC creators already made bunk beds possible so while I am excited for those who haven't gotten to try them out for me it just feels like just another thing EA was going to let go by the wayside until CC creators showed it was possible. Maybe with modders figure out how to get babies out of those bassinets then we'll get that update as well lol.

As someone who's used CC bunk beds, it's a totally different situation. What makes them hard to create is the animations, the mesh is the easy part. I haven't seen a single CC bunk bed that has the quality of animation that an official bunk bed would need, most of them the sim just teleports up to the top which obviously wouldn't be good enough for an official version.

CC creators haven't come close to the standard of what bunk beds should be in 7 years, so that just shows how difficult they are to animate and create. It's a complex thing to make and we all know how much EA restricts their resources, they've had to work up to bunk beds with ladders into water in 2019, full ladders in 2020 and now bunk beds this year.

Have you seen Pandasama's? It does have a climbing animation. I have just used the toddler/child one though. It looks fine.

It's ok for CC but the climbing still looks pretty weird though, it'd have to be way more polished for an official animation and the textures are pretty alpha

Well of course it looks off, they had to create the animations from scratch; which is pretty amazing in itself.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Where are the bunk beds? Did I miss an update?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Where are the bunk beds? Did I miss an update?

Yes. If you have the update, they will appear in build/buy mode under the regular bed menu
    I just gave one of my Sims a bunk bed for the first time (the one that has only the top bunk, no bottom), and I must say, it looks like kind of a chore for her to use. The ladder is at the foot of the bed, so after she gets to the top, she has to crawl on her hands/knees until she gets into sleep position
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    bonk beds
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I just gave one of my Sims a bunk bed for the first time (the one that has only the top bunk, no bottom), and I must say, it looks like kind of a chore for her to use. The ladder is at the foot of the bed, so after she gets to the top, she has to crawl on her hands/knees until she gets into sleep position

Isn't that how bunk beds work in RL? Or do you think it takes to much sim time? I just installed the patch last night and bought a bunk bed but had no time to test it yet. Looking forward to give all household members a bed in my smallest houses, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Isn't that how bunk beds work in RL? Or do you think it takes to much sim time? I just installed the patch last night and bought a bunk bed but had no time to test it yet. Looking forward to give all household members a bed in my smallest houses, LOL.

It's probably how they work in RL, I don't have any experience with them. It looks like torture, though---if I'm tired, the last thing I'd want to do is climb a ladder and shimmy into position to sleep lol
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

It's probably how they work in RL, I don't have any experience with them. It looks like torture, though---if I'm tired, the last thing I'd want to do is climb a ladder and shimmy into position to sleep lol

well it likely why its mostly used for kids @Nate_Whiplash1
    more for sim kids and more drama please