Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of sims player are you?

The last time I made this post was 2 years ago so since we have new faces around let's try it again. I mean hey even with some of the old faces your answer may have changed :)

There are types of simmers so which one are you? (Borrowed this list off a Google search) :)

Also if you are more than one (which most will be) select the poll option you relate to the most, and feel free to comment the different ones you are. I only get to make 10 poll options so didnt have enough room for "Other".

As for my answer...I used to be the builder. I really enjoyed it but I am now more a completionist. I am working on my super sim and want to have all the challenges/aspirations completed. I am also a deviant. I mean no chaos makes a boring gameplay haha.

Differrent types:

*Builder: replace all items in the world with player's own creations
*Colonist: replace all sims currently prepopulated in the world with their own creations
*Completionist/Challenger: completes all game "goals" such as careers & aspirations. Also/or enjoys doing sim challenges.
*Deviant: performs interactions just to see what may happen and / or creates a bit of chaos in their sim world
*Laid-back: does not take the game seriously, plays for leisure and enjoys using cheats / cc depending upon the necessary purpose
*Legacy / Family Player: creates an extensive family tree using only one sim
*Role-player: takes on a personal role through their sims lives
*Rotational: rotates from household, to household
*Storyteller: performs actions in-game to create a story of which is written / depicted later
*Woohoo hound / partyer: enjoys woohooing, enough said :)
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

What type of sims player are you? 175 votes

Builder
7%
jeepjeepcatAllearslisamwittsherrylynn8779keenowLustianiciaDragonAge_300905GirklSailorCetifoxybillyghamrick75ClousinatorsHauk150 13 votes
Colonist
4%
GoddessBylineYautjagirlskybird14Missmagoo2Destin2016StrawberryYogurtj1z1SERVERFRA 8 votes
Completionist/Challenger
9%
simgirl1010cchant86SimplyJenAquariusMomhunniboo1OnverserKarababy52SheepilingArmika74comicsforlifeBubblegumjonahEllupelluelluFlikka_Flikka[Deleted User]pieka33EternalSunshineDystopian_Overlady 17 votes
Deviant
4%
phantasmkissadele_katScobreNate_Whiplash1Elisetomtalongirl6sofiathesimhead 7 votes
Laid-back
15%
mcruddMeteoraStormSageRainWillowPipersfun2freindlylolTorieKennziKaigemitchiebanjodoogerieLoriTSpfiercephoenix91MarkwilsonDoodlyDoofusColton147147logionGlacierSnowDaWaterRatbella_gothCangwenm4rta1985 27 votes
Legacy / Family Player
20%
Akl500Pmlnov39SamadamsPlayerPseudonymsAlexaiHowGreatThouArtPlayerSinger2010kokoro80fruitsbasket101DarkLady2788xXPandoraXxKhrisstynePlumbobCrossingwiredhanna67benson2006KurotardSindocattexxx78Sigzy05SimKonfetti 35 votes
Role-player
5%
overonZidienKironidekeene61ThriorCattyBetsyBrisa3467MeowchaFrappejenny090620 9 votes
Rotational
25%
Mstybl95JueJueTheSpotted_CIsb917DOLLDRMS1NyxLunaStarluthienrisingsimplyzoeblueyblueskyEmmaVanesnoepjes1210DoloresGrey83bienchenRedDestiny92joleacoEnkiSchmidtgarapoesSheriSim57musteniDeeTsims 45 votes
Storyteller
6%
GalacticGalimhappyBluelleSjofntaydevmrkingvluxsylvanSims4MagicalTalesMendotasunblondQueenofMyshunoLilMoon 12 votes
Woohoo hound / partyer:
1%
InuMiroLovertemporalgod 2 votes

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited April 2021
    Rotational
    I am mostly a rotational player.

I have a lot of different types of families which enjoy different things. I am not really a storyteller ( I don’t write plots ), but I do micromanage and have a preconceived notion of who the sim is and what they will do, so, I guess you can say I am a role player too. I have a pretty large rotation, many of my sims interact and are friends or enemies with other sims in my rotation. I use some pre-made sims, but most of my favorite sims are my own, or gallery sims from very early In the game. A few sims appreciate some collections more than others. I have one sim that works towards completing them all ( but is not even close! ). I do use money cheats with some sims that are supposed to be rich like the Landgrabbs, I will set up businesses with them. And I will download collections and put them in stores to sell for the many sims who aren’t collectors. So, I guess I can be laid-back too. Legacies don’t appeal to me, I get too bored of playing one family. I rarely test out things, but on occasion I do. I love downloading lots from the gallery and tweaking them. But if I can’t find what I want, or want something real particular I will build. I have been doing a bit more of that lately. You also forgot to mention CAS player.... once in awhile I do like making a sim or household, and I often go in and change townies clothes, hair etc. or get rid of townies I don’t want in my game.

I do think collections is one of the better aspects of the game, that and the variety of ways you can make money ( without a job). I also love the active careers, especially the ones with workplaces with objectives.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Rotational
    I fall into a bunch of categories, but I'd say the majority of my play is rotational. I like playing families and even though I don't do legacy challenges, I do play generations upon generations of the same families. Tis why family portraits are so important to me.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    All of the above to various degrees in different saves (and often various things within the same save), except for the Completionist/Challenger one. That's one thing I care little or nothing about in most games because I play them for the journey instead of the destination.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    edited April 2021
    Builder
    I build more than I play, so naturally I selected that.
    When I'm actually playing, I'm also a colonist, which necessitates playing rotationally from time to time, and very much a legacy family player. I'm not normally a completionist, but the matriarch of my family has completed almost all of the aspirations I have just because I've had her around for a year and a half irl.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I have one family that I play. Mom, Dad, teen, child, toddler, and a dog. The mom is my super sim and is completing all aspirations, skills, careers, degrees, etc. In between that they're just a normal family doing normal family stuff.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,859 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I have my main save, where I play mostly with one family only, that one includes my most skilled sim. Then i have couple of different challenge saves.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    • Builder.
    • Deviant.
    • Laid Back.
    • Role Player.
    • Rotational.
    • Storyteller.
    • And that last one but let’s not talk about it.

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm a family player always. I love both rotational play and legacy style play.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited April 2021
    I find it hard to fit myself in a box here so let me just explain it awkwardly

I relate:

Builder
    I do eventually work towards having built something of my own on every lot in the game but its not only thing i play and sometimes i just don't build cause no need
    Completionist
    I have a legacy family that has few sims that are there to be perfect at everything
    Deviant
    I enjoy chaos and i often seek things that are on the "wait is this even possible" side of the game but also i do feel it has to make sense storywise to be fun like say donny boi won't just make nooboos with everyone even though he could and it be lovely chaos

no there has to be story on why each nooboo was made and connections between the sims and idk drama
    Legacy / Family Player
    I have one bigger legacy family but i play lots of side families in same save
    Role-player
    I have one sim i consider to be almighty "me" sim that i play bit more personally though we don't have much in common
    Rotational
    I play many households for random amounts of time at random times but I'm very biased with some of them so some also just get ignored 99% of time
    Storyteller
    I do share my save a lot lately but its more me playing and taking screens and then sharing if its fun and idk i just can't imagine writing full stories or making elaborate sims movies or such i don't have that type of patience

Only ones I don't really feel i relate to at all:

Woohoo hound / partyer:
    actually I quite avoid making my sims woohoo unless its for a reason which well is ironic cause I'm trying to play Don Lothario atm and... :sweat_smile: Let's just say his views on woohoo are bit different from my own crumplebottom ideals
    Laid-back:
    I don't think micromanagy me qualifies :lol:

Unsure if I relate:

Colonist
    ... I don't make many sims of my own but I've had to make quite many lately to fill my world with premades from ts2 and existing premades with makeovers and such

so that is happening..
    and yes i delete every useless annoying randomized townie that hits corner of my eye only to have game spawning more

= I'll go with mutant
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I love following the arc of a character and seeing what happens to them. So far I've been doing this with multiple generations of a family, which started as a legacy challenge and I guess still is.
    I could say storyteller as well, but I don't pre-plan a story and then use the game to stage the story; I am mostly commenting on what the gameplay turns out to be. Sometimes I do have a general idea of where I want to take a character, but the gameplay surprises add a lot more fun and creativity than I ever thought up on my own. It's more improvisational, less plotted in advance.
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I became a legacy player with Sims 3. I stick to the same household until I get bored. A lot of times I'll come back to them or branch off and play their kids or something. I'm constantly reshuffling households to add members or take members out that I know longer want to play to keep it interesting.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited April 2021
    Most of them, except role player, laid-back and deviant
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I try and have lots of different approachs, but my favourite and the one i have great fun playing are legacies.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Rotational
    I'd probably consider myself a cross between rotational and completionist. (And a sprinkling of role-player) Initally I stuck with only a few households within the Sims 4 and rotated between them but even then I got bored. So I rotate now between ALL households, those I previously set up with video game characters I like (and can accept aging on, for the most part) and all of the many premades. So I have an attachment to a lot of premade households. And of course, this being the Sims, drama and the unexpected can and will ensue sometimes as I chase aspirations of the various households.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Builder
    Mostly builder, but occasional a family. But right now, I’m not doing anything. I’m waiting for certain game related things to get fixed.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I say "Legacy/Family" but totes on my own terms. That is, I started with a couple that I created & placed, and am playing them, their children & spouses, their grandchildren and the first of their grandchildren's spouses, in an ongoing save. I could also call this "Storytelling", as I get to know my Sims through play, or "Roleplay" as I have my Sims act according to their preferences, goals and interests. I could say "Laid Back" as I don't mind using cheats if they help me along with what I am doing. I am a generational, family, sandbox, story player.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Rotational
    I picked rotational, since that is my primary way of playing. I also love my Not So Berry legacy challenge, family play in general, and I'm a bit of a completionist as well.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Great thread! Love this question, and enjoy reading about all the different play styles simmers enjoy.

I chose legacy/family player as that is what I have been doing for the last couple of months, with a little building in-between. But I would describe my play style as a healthy mix of family/rotational/building.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited April 2021
    Woohoo hound / partyer:
    I like woohooing, so what I'm a 🐸🐸🐸🐸* and I'm not ashamed of that, however I'm also a Deviant, a Laid-back player, a Role-player, a Rotational player and Storyteller, but at my core I'm a Woohoo Hound, It's the reason I started playing the sims, it's also a good way to experiment my obsessions with death and immortality.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Deviant
    I know, big surprise, right? lol
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Role-player
    Mix between roleplayer/storyteller and deviant I think. Roleplaying to me means playing a role which has nothing to do with me, kind of like creating characters and playing/interpreting them in a certain way which might heavily differ from how I play "normal" sims. (I like to play RPG games you know so this is no surprise.) Depends of the household/sim though. I do like to kind of create these stories and quirks in my head but some sims just lacks the spark for it and don't inspire me enough to do so. However, those that do are pretty much always my favorites.
    Deviant because I love a bit of chaos, drama and overall weirdness. Pretty much all my families tend to have something going on. I also love to do challenges like the Homeless challenge and mix things up to make it more obnoxious/hilarious. When I do challenges I'm really not into it to be a completionist. I just like the chaos they can create.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited April 2021
    Woohoo hound / partyer:
    Woohooing and more is a significant part of my sims' lives. ((All hail the mighty mods!)) But I also fall under Deviant, Laid back and Builder. I find I have alot more fun in my game when my sims are using my own builds, so I dont download from the gallery much.

• TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I'm a mixture of everything. Depending on the mood I'm in. Lately I've been more of a Legacy player/ Builder, but I tend to take breaks from the main part of the family and play other branches for a bit. I don't use the auto aging features or have any mods for story progression. I like being in full control of my game even though it can be a lot of work sometimes.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Deviant
    I have a tendency to be more of a Deviant, but my way of playing is also kind of Laid-back. I mostly play just to see what happens in my Sims lives and to maybe have horrible things happen to them, depending on the situation. I really enjoy randomly causing Sims to die just because I find some of the death animations to be funny, but I usually don't save when I do this unless I really wanted that to happen in my Sim's story. My personal favorite death animation is the pufferfish one just because of how there are three different animations for it. I usually only do that when I'm bored though. I also like to have a lot of drama happen, so sometimes I'll cause fights between family and friends. Families are something I rarely play with, as I dislike using toddlers and children, but I do play with them on some saves. I guess I mostly play to tell a story, but I always make it dramatic because that's the kind of fictional content I enjoy the most. I do play challenges sometimes, like the 100 Baby Challenge, but I don't do that very often.

However, I do also love to use romance interactions since they are my favorite type of interaction in the game, so I suppose the Woohoo one could also fit depending on which save file I'm on. :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Colonist
    Builder
    Colonist
    Laid-Back
    Family
    Rotational
    Partyer