March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Sims 3 EP/SP?

Hello Simmers!
So i asked this question in the sims 2 forum as well as the sims 4 forum. What is your favorite Sims 3 Expansion pack and Stuff pack?
Mine is:
Favorite EP: i don't have all of them but my favorite is showtime! i love signing up to perform and singing to the top of the ladder!
Favorite SP: Movie stuff!
Favorite EP/SP
Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Generations
My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    My favorite expansion pack is definitely Supernatural. It's the pack that made me buy the Sims 3, I love the victorian style buildings in Moonlight Falls, the references to my favorite vampire-related media in the pre-made families, the newly introduced fairy life state, and all of the items.

I don't have a favorite stuff pack because I didn't buy those, so instead I'll say my favorite Sims 3 Store purchase was Midnight Hollow for similar reasons as Supernatural.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    My favorite expansion is Ambitions. I like the inventing skill, I love the sculpting skill, and I enjoy having self-employed sims of all types. It's so much fun to have my sims make stuff they use, whether it's inventions or sculpted household furniture, or even more books to read.

My sims' favorite stuff pack is Master Suite Stuff. For, um, reasons.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Not sure which one can be my fav one. I think I’m using almost every expansion packs. For SP, high end loft, outdoor living, and master suite are my favorite ones. I can’t build a house without these stuff packs.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Generations and master suite stuff.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Tough decision I like them all but I love Island Paradise and Seasons best
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    I'd say Ambitions and UL are my favourites, though I'm coming to appreciate Generations more as well.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Whichever one I'm currently playing. Right now that's WA. I've never played it before and had no idea it was so much fun. I have all EPs and SPs but am playing them one at a time to really enjoy and learn about them separately instead of being inundated with too much to do!
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I would have to say my favorite EP is World Adventures. I've played it the most and got the most out of it. Can't imagine not being able to go on adventures.
    Favorite SP would be a toss up between Fast Lane and Outdoor Living Stuff. Loved the cars and the new outdoor kitchen.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hello Simmers!
    So i asked this question in the sims 2 forum as well as the sims 4 forum. What is your favorite Sims 3 Expansion pack and Stuff pack?
    Mine is:
    Favorite EP: i don't have all of them but my favorite is showtime! i love signing up to perform and singing to the top of the ladder!
    Favorite SP: Movie stuff!

This may seem silly, but my favorite EP is Generations. I love playing families.
    As far as SPs go..... I'm still adding to that collection, so I don't have a favorite SP yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I don’t have a favourite pack! I like World Adventures mainly for the martial arts skill, I like Supernatural for the fairies, I like Into the Future for the Plumbots and the lottery (once had a Sim win a million Simoleons thanks to checking lottery records :D ) and I like Generations for all the interactions and after school clubs, although I wish children had a bigger variety of clubs.
    I have all the EPs but I’ve never used any of the Showtime careers. I probably should hahaha :D I tend not to use the active careers much, my Sims are mostly in regular-type jobs or sometimes they’re self-employed.
    I love the sound of Island Living but unfortunately Isla Paradiso is way too buggy, I’ve never been able to play it for longer than about half an hour. I know there’s a “clean” version of the world by ellacharmed but I’m too technologically awkward to install it, I’d probably install it wrong haha. I could always place a custom dive lot in one of the other worlds, though.

As for SPs, I like High End Loft and Outdoor Living, I like the modern furniture style. I’ve also used Par Excellence Preparatory School from Town Life Stuff in a few of my saves, too.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Lucy_Henley I have the school in my current save as well! With Master Controller(or Story Progression from NRAAS) I can make it so students wear uniforms but I forget how it's done. @igazor any info? :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Fav EP: Ambitions/Late Night

Fav SP: Diesel Stuff
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I enjoy all the expanison packs and stuff packs. I think I use items from every pack.
    :) Smile!

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    My favorite EP is Ambitions - Why?
    Screenshot-25.jpg what else... det packs.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a favorite SP...I own too few of them to really be able to compare them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    My favorite EP is World Adventures. Favorite SP is Master Suite.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    My favorite expansion is the adventures, i loved going to those awesome worlds, and go to adventures or just vacation there :)
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited April 2021
    Definitely Seasons! I just get a kick out of all the little details in that pack.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited April 2021
    There are too many great expansion packs for the Sims 3! The best I can do is narrow it down to 3: Seasons, Generations and Supernatural.

As for SP, I don’t very many, but Master Suite stuff probably had the most bang for my buck of the ones I have bought .
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited April 2021
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I would have to say my favorite EP is World Adventures. I've played it the most and got the most out of it. Can't imagine not being able to go on adventures.
    Favorite SP would be a toss up between Fast Lane and Outdoor Living Stuff. Loved the cars and the new outdoor kitchen.

Same!
    I use WA worlds for skill-vacations, family get aways and for the venue lots and fun stuff that my sims don't have time to do in their normal routine.

I love having a variety of cars in the game and I move neighborhood sims out in edit town to place a driveway, trap their clunkers and give them an upgrade and move them back in. I am MUCH better at buying cars that suit the sims than they are :). I don't find as much use for the lots in Town Life as I do the furniture, which is great!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    > @jaletu2005 said:
    > I would have to say my favorite EP is World Adventures. I've played it the most and got the most out of it. Can't imagine not being able to go on adventures.
    > Favorite SP would be a toss up between Fast Lane and Outdoor Living Stuff. Loved the cars and the new outdoor kitchen.

Agreed. World Adventures was amazing and so unique. I loved the quests both great and small. Loved that it was "tomb raider lite", and I loved all of the international drama I could get involved in with lovers in different countries.
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Sims 3 had so many good expansions and stuff packs that it's hard to choose just one.
    But I like playing family style. So, I get a lot of use out of Generations, Seasons, Pets, and Ambitions. I actually use almost all of the expansions pretty regularly.
    For Stuff Packs, I think Diesel and Master Suite has some really nice clothing and I use them very often. Outdoor Living has some nice furniture, which I use a lot.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    My current favorite is world adventures. I love exploring the tombs and I'm a goal orientated played so I like having the adventure quests to follow.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited May 2021
    I always had a softspot for Late Night, a nice big Sims 2 styled Downtown you could live in, the classic vampires, and easily houses some of my favourite premades from 3 bar Island Paridise. Everyone there has extremely memorable faces, the penthouses are a fun idea, even if they're somewhat downgraded TS2 apartments, and even if the city lags beyond belief even with fixes I've found more to do there than I've ever done anywhere else. Although I'm not really a family player so I found it easier to keep getting my Sims out to venues.

I'd say my favourite stuff pack is Full Fart (Norwegian for Fast Lane) by name alone... Also cars, I love cars. I would've put High End loftstuff here because it had the Heart Bed from TS1, but Fast Lane/FullFart wins just for the sheer amount of cars.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My favorite pack is Supernatural with the Moonlight Falls world, Lunar Moon, Fairies & Werewolves.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I'm pretty biased for Seasons. That's just something I always seem to enjoy. In general, I favor packs which augment the core gameplay and don't require me to, for example, go to a specific location to get something out of it. (One reason why Generations is my next favorite.)
    Weather affects everything in day-to-day basis and has such a major part to play in immersion and overall enjoyment. Plus I personally love listening to the weather effects, especially rain, so playing the game with Seasons enabled has this sort of relaxing effect on me. I'm one of those weirdos who will go walking outside with an umbrella when there's a refreshing summer rain. (Though if it's light rain I sometimes go jogging without any protection. That weather just feels so fresh for your lungs so it feels like I do my best performances then lol.)