Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are always inspired after Bust the Dust

Hey Simmers!

There’s a issue happening in my game.

After I started playing with Bust the Dust kit, my Sims are always with the inspired emotion, hiding other emotions they could feel. That happens because the floor in my game is almost all the time clean, so Sims get the inspired moodlet because of this.

Have you noticed that? Is there a way to prevent this?
Zvt4d0O.gif

Comments

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes i have noticed that. i feel that it gives the sim a nice boost.
    Not really sure if there is a way to prevent this except for turning in off. To do this go the pack settings and uncheck the bust the dust kit.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    If you have the snowy pack, (can't remember the name) read a book until you get fine +10. Then surge your sim's emotions and what you pick will override the inspired moodlet.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    go to the bug forum and report it so it can be fixed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The constant inspired moodlet is perfectly normal for Bust The Dust.

Hence the reason I disabled the kit. I wanted other emotions back.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't understand this design choice....
    There are mods to remove it if you are a mod user.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    The constant inspired emotion is what bothers me most in this pack, even more than dust bunnies bringing back insane amounts of money. Let's just say this pack expanded my mods needed to play the game. I really dislike the design choice to have sims constantly inspired.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I love the concept of the Bust the Dust Kit because I like my Sims to be bogged down with mundane activity which then makes watching TV/playing outdoors/skill building more fun.

But it needs a LOT of tweaking! The moodlet boosts need to be seriously toned down, the dust bunnies should be a rare occurance and the dust needs to be more cohesive with the rest of the "mess" which accumulates.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    What I do is to let house get dusty, so that +2 moodlet is replace with +1 moodlet. I agree that constantly inspired +2 moodlet isn't good design.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I had to download a mod because the moodlet was getting real annoying. Even the pets were inspired!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2021
    The sims4 all is about emotions.

So we made all other emotions pointless because your sims are constantly inspired...unless you do not clean your floors.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    This really annoyed me so I got a mod to get rid of the sparkles and the moodlet.
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    I don't understand this design choice....
    There are mods to remove it if you are a mod user.

Yes, I am.
    What’s the mod?
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2021
    @auricio288 Personally, I like the design and gameplay choices they made for this kit. The key is to understand the gameplay aspect of the Bust the Dust Kit.

So, feedback came from Simmers and the TS4 team decided to fine tune the little bite sized kit. The result: the dust and dust bunnies will accumulate much much slower, no more automatic money, your Sims will not autonomously vacuum, and you will only get items and simoleons if you ask the dust bunny to search for items for you. I still would not keep the vacuum in their inventory. Your Sim will only have the Inspired Emotion when the house is clean because there are various levels to dust within the home and each story you have in the house functions on its own dust level.

I've always kept my Bust the Dust kit enabled; didn't need any mods before or after the change.

I've been playing in a two-story house and decided to let the 2nd floor stay clean so as to keep the Inspired Emotion. The 1st floor is kept in a more normal state because after all house do have some level of dust. There will be no Inspired Emotion as you can see from the picture below. The Inspired Emotion never comes back because I never let this level get to that clean state.

I watched things for a whole Sim month, hired a maid and this is what I noticed (Some points were mentioned above):

1. No more automatic money.

2. When you ask dust bunnies for things, they might bring you anything and I mean anything. 🤣 So far, I got various toys, food, an upgrade part, §8 in simoleons, and that trash looking food you see if you have Dine Out and Eco Lifestyle.

3. The dust takes much longer to accumulate and so do dust bunnies.

4. You don't have to vacuum as often and the Inspired Emotion does not remain. The Inspired emotion goes away when the dust is at a certain level. You can control this.

5. I'm happy they kept the Sparkles.

6. Maids:I never had a problem with the maid cleaning other things. She would vacuum, of course, but she always cleaned the house. Some days she just cleaned and only vacuumed once. One day, she cleaned everything I made dirty except she did not mop up one water spot which happened after she cleaned the toilet. I wouldn't have a maid if you want to keep whatever floors neutral because they will vacuum at get the house back to the state that enables the Inspired Emotion.

The picture shows my 1st floor normally. No Inspired Emotion as you can see; I never get one on this level. You can step on a dust bunny when they appear and pick up accumulated dust on the floor. When the dust gets noticeably dirty, just vacuum once and it will return to how you see it in the picture. It takes time for the house to get to this level from the sparkle/clean state.
    1st-Floor.jpg

My 2nd floor is where I keep my chess table and other things including my vacuum in the utility closet. Typically I keep this level sparkling clean because I want the Inspired emotion on one level.
    2nd-floor-inspired.jpg

I hope you try this as it does work because mods are not needed imo.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I can't post the exact URL because it has a swear word in it (but like a mild Irish swear that's really more like punctuation) but you need Zero.

https://www.patreon.com/zer0_Mods_

Zero is always free; subscribing is optional, btw.
    Scroll down a wee bit and you'll find her Bust the Dust masterpost.

Best. Modder. In. The. Community.
    wJbomAo.png
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I found out that if you make a room with an exterior wall being a half wall the sims can't vacuum in the room.