Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Seasons Calendar might be coming to the base game

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    logion wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna buy any DLC from The Sims anymore. Who knows because maybe Maxis will patch it these things in the base game down the line :D

Let's make a prediction what else they will make free (or release a similar free version of) further down the line shall we?

I predict...
    • Baking from Get to Work.
    • Clubs from Get Together.
    • Karaoke from City Living.
    • The Ice Cream maker from Kitchen Stuff.
    • The fame system from Get Famous.

I don't think, maybe something else.

For example :
    - Freelance DJ career (Update for Showtime EP)
    - Beach lot (Technically it's already a basegame feature)
    - Lifestyles
    - Fame (Update for Showtime EP)

Yes, lifestyles are probably going to be free at some point, they probably want to add more and they don't really feel unique to the snowy escape EP. Beaches will probably be featured in other packs, I don't think they will be free, we can't create our own beaches in the game (with an actual ocean or lake) and I don't think we will ever be able to.

Fame feels likely because I'm guessing that they at some point want to make a pack (like a band pack) or something else that needs to use the fame system.

Fame won’t be patched in free, it’s the main feature of Get Famous and they have already put features in other packs where they say in live streams that “you can gain fame, if you have the Get Famous expansion”. The calendar wasn’t the main feature in Seasons, the weather system was and to some extent the gardening overhaul was also.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited April 2021
    I can't imagine band without gigs and fame.
    What the point to become a rock star if you can't be famous. It's similar to Snowy Escape and snowstorm.

Even if it's not a free patch, it's possible this feature will come back in another pack.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Lunar cycles for werewolves maybe??? *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited April 2021
    I can't imagine band without gigs and fame.
    What the point to become a rock star if you can't be famous. It's similar to Snowy Escape and snowstorm.

Even if it's not a free patch, it's possible this feature will come back in another pack.

You get fame if you have the Get Famous EP, if you don't you don't get any fame, simple. The packs have to stand by their own, so instead of giving us fame and perks and quirks a band pack should focus on other parts and give fans what they want. I can imagine that fans of the sims3 probably want concerts for example.

They have to stop reusing features from older packs, otherwise new packs like generations will feel no different from the parenthood pack.
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I am not much bothered with the calendar being possibly patched into the base game, even though I just got the Seasons pack this month on sale. The calendar is a very nice addition, but I am missing the inclusion of the events from the other packs, like festivals, or possibly being able to plan a regular club gathering. SO I guess it all depends on HOW it's done. If done well, it will be a nice addition even for the owners of Seasons.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    A calendar would also be useful for some kind of moon cycle feature if we were to ever get some kind of werewolves pack.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited April 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lol. What's the point of buying packs if they patch in all the selling points of EP's in for free anyway?

I just can't anymore with their plum practices.

What's the point of buying a movie ticket if they just air the movie for free on tv 3 years later?

EA, simultaneously the greediest company that charges too much, but also how dare they give away content for free that I bought 3 years ago.

Who cares? How does it affect you in any way if a calendar, which is most likely just for schedules and not holidays, was made free 3 years after it was introduced?

I wouldn't care if the entire pack was made free. I bought it 3 years ago, I've more than made my moneys worth since then. Somebody else getting something for free 3 years later had absolutely zero effect on me, and to pretend otherwise is silly.

It's not because of the calendar only. They did this with objects and hairstyles in the past too. It's the idea of them 'giving away' content people paid for. Not because it is ''just a calendar''... Where does it stop?

If this thing was supposed to be Base Game, they should have patched it in immediately for free for everyone, and not use it as a marketing feature for the Seasons EP itself imo.

Fine you don't mind, but I surely do.

I certainly don’t mind if they have more functionality for it, which I’m sure is what they plan. If it improves the game, I’m all for it. Beats having to contend with 3 or 4 calendars for different things. I hope they put all the festival dates in there. I haven’t been able to catch a festival in Island living since I got it A calendar being base game could be so much more functional. I own all the packs and if they can make it functional for more than one pack it would be great.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm not sure. Practically everybody bought Seasons anyway as it's an incredibly important pack...

But it goes to show that some things absolutely should be base game.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd love it to be a way to check for upcoming festivals as so many have mentioned.. that would make that part of the game easier for me to plan for. I really don't like when I have to travel to a certain world to look at a board to see when the next festival is.
    As long as they aren't giving away Seasons or weather I don't see a problem on my end. I have to say I wouldn't even mind if they gave away some holiday making functions but I'd really doubt that would happen. Mostly because I'd love to see new activities being added to holidays from other packs instead of it stagnating in one pack or with one pack and just the packs that came prior to Seasons being included in it.
    If they add calendars to base game they can continue to use it for cross pack reasons and keep it updated to be a useful tool for those that play the game instead of one of many systems we have to look at to get the information needed.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Will the Base Calendar override the Seasons Calandar?
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Adding the base functionality of the calendar to the base game will allow them to add on it with each pack. Maybe we'll be able to see when the festivals occur in the future. I'm all in for that.
    I highly doubt that it means everyone will get holidays or weather for free just because you can see those in the calendar.

The calendar would be much more useful for me if I could get more information into it so for my part I would be happy to see the calendar as basegame.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope they patch in more fun events with especially the Sims 4 and the Sims anniversaries so they don't keep forgetting those each year. I would love if the Extra Life event got patched in too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I'm not gonna buy any DLC from The Sims anymore. Who knows because maybe Maxis will patch it these things in the base game down the line :D

Let's make a prediction what else they will make free (or release a similar free version of) further down the line shall we?

I predict...
    • Baking from Get to Work.
    • Clubs from Get Together.
    • Karaoke from City Living.
    • The Ice Cream maker from Kitchen Stuff.
    • The fame system from Get Famous.

I don't think, maybe something else.

For example :
    - Freelance DJ career (Update for Showtime EP)
    - Beach lot (Technically it's already a basegame feature)
    - Lifestyles
    - Fame (Update for Showtime EP)

Yes, lifestyles are probably going to be free at some point, they probably want to add more and they don't really feel unique to the snowy escape EP. Beaches will probably be featured in other packs, I don't think they will be free, we can't create our own beaches in the game (with an actual ocean or lake) and I don't think we will ever be able to.

Fame feels likely because I'm guessing that they at some point want to make a pack (like a band pack) or something else that needs to use the fame system.

Fame won’t be patched in free, it’s the main feature of Get Famous and they have already put features in other packs where they say in live streams that “you can gain fame, if you have the Get Famous expansion”. The calendar wasn’t the main feature in Seasons, the weather system was and to some extent the gardening overhaul was also.
    There is still time it could. Nothing is off the table for patches.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope they patch in more fun events with especially the Sims 4 and the Sims anniversaries so they don't keep forgetting those each year. I would love if the Extra Life event got patched in too.

What's the extra life event?

I also want dates and vacations patched in. Would be nice to plan them in advance. They also need to update the locations where we can throw specific parties. Right now it's so restrictive and the lots where I want to throw parties are usually not available.
  • Options

Extra life event?
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

I also want dates and vacations patched in. Would be nice to plan them in advance. They also need to update the locations where we can throw specific parties. Right now it's so restrictive and the lots where I want to throw parties are usually not available.

I love the fact you can take a vacation anytime you want with the seasons calendar without having to worry about children and sims who are supposed to be working having to call in.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

I love the fact you can take a vacation anytime you want with the seasons calendar without having to worry about children and sims who are supposed to be working having to call in.

You can do that without the Seasons calendar.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I'm not surprised when people are upset when they patch in existing ,paid for content. What are people who paid for the content getting for "free." You add the calendar, are you going to add more holidays or some other update so they feel included as well? I think that's the real issue why people don't like when they patch things in for "free."
  • Options
    simmerbin16simmerbin16 Posts: 46 Member
    I wouldn't mind if the calendar was added to the base game, what they are trying to do is bring back old players by introducing new things to the base game. They are trying to sell the game by adding more "free" stuff, so that players with base game and some packs, may end up buying other packs. They are not appealing to the loyal fans (who buy everything), but to those who have not yet played the game or those who have stopped playing. Nevertheless, these are only speculation and are not yet confirmed.

Though I like the idea of being able to see when festivals will occur, maybe plan out birthdays, vacations, etc. Also if they would add the calendar to the base game it becomes a system in which they could add more upon in upcoming expansions, as mentioned by almost everyone hehe. (kids/teen school pack anyone?)

• Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    Personally, I paid for seasons, and don't mind people who don't have it getting the calendar. It's obviously not gonna be used for holidays and weather forecasts, guys, and those are the main features it's useful for in the expansion. What is more bothersome is when they make furniture and/or hair of game packs and expansion packs base game available. Not so much because I paid for the content and other people get it for free, but because it's incredibly lazy. Just make something new for base game folks! I do understand the base game needing the calendar for features to specific for a different addition to the mechanics.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don't think it's okay that they give out things for free that others have paid for previously. You pay for it to get it, and then it's free? This company, man... It's just not right.
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I'll have to wait and see, but if it's just the calendar for an upcoming game feature then I don't really see a big deal with it. I place a lot of doubt in the Sims team but I don't think they'd willingly add holidays and seasons into the base game (even though it should've been a base feature from the very start).
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    [quote="Bubblegumjonah;c-17866514"]I'll have to wait and see, but if it's just the calendar for an upcoming game feature then I don't really see a big deal with it. I place a lot of doubt in the Sims team but I don't think they'd willingly add holidays and seasons into the base game (even though it should've been a base feature from the very start).[/quote]

Yeah, this. It's just not a feature they would add with base game, so in this case, i feel like the people who have seasons (like me) still get what we pay for.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm hoping for a lunar calendar. It plays a much more prominent role in my own life and I identify more with my lunar sign than my sun one :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ooo, a Lunar Calendar. I can so see a new Moonlight Falls world in Sims 4 with a Playable Hidden world that has Lyan Werewolves. Way too cool.