Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite expansion apart from seasons?

Someone asked to do the same poll without seasons so here it goes. What is your favorite expansion apart from seasons?

Favorite expansion apart from seasons? 199 votes

Get to Work
4%
DarkLady2788marcel21CheekybitsSunflowergal227SheriSim57WolfiumMagicaCatchonkieRay_Trace 9 votes
Get Together
25%
CK213Sara1010PSimmervilleAyradyssimhappyIsb917justChrisUkelanorbretonAnmirlaSjofnLustianiciasimmietimeemereCsibeubi3benson2006ThaPhoenix1snoepjes1210DoloresGreyQueenMercyChadSims2 51 votes
City Living
15%
BloodC24CynnaKironideKhrisstyneLisamango0NetzspannungReading_Corsairpandie00Jon the WizardMDianaSimsHopeyStarrEvilyn_1007MondaySharonianetney52amp107Brisa3467bookish_sammyGirafHuntrSayNoToGnomes 31 votes
Cats and Dogs
15%
Akl500PBluegayleIcewolfMi9shaoscarsimgirl1010cchant86BluelleKennziKaigeSimplyJenashcrash19jcp011c2wiredhanna67SajahiMoonfoxNightcrydoogerieannaliese39AngelEb95SheepilingAlanSimsRedShoe7 31 votes
Get Famous
5%
windweaverihavesorelegsnowalanmichael1Evaliynj1z1InuMiroLoverskelebeeTwinkiesLALilMoonwonderwypolishsimme 11 votes
Island Living
9%
Paigeisin5mitchiebanjoGlimmer50fiercephoenix91lenorcaOnverserEnkiSchmidtLiELFSimsSlayAbbyZAkilWispyeAvis_pixieClousinatorsm4rta1985KerriganinkyvioletSaveirx 18 votes
Discover University
7%
jeLlyBeAn1573overonSimChic1Zeldaboy180bixtersSindocatDevilNDisguiseFlewingJemmaTheSimmerChazzzybirdonawireGalaxySimsGirlIVXXXVIkdlax10BabblingStacey 15 votes
Eco Lifestyle
10%
freindlylolMoon_WillowRamblineRoseLenaDieterskristenleighwhitetexxx78Sigzy05CattyBetsyAugustoPlainevilTTNsimmerCelSimsDaWaterRatKathMHughesVyollaEliasVersaceorenjiAiZoeyevesterCrunchieGoosePepperpretzel 21 votes
Snowy Escape
6%
JueJuePlayerSinger2010MaryVanntaydevhalloweenchildOldeseadoggeMissimay94GrumpyGlowfishGlacierSnowErsa_MiddletonTARDISgrademeowgix 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I did a poll without seasons because it is by far everyone's favorite expansion. This way we can get a better idea of what the community likes in terms of expansions.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    I chose eco lifestyle because it has the most fun gameplay out of all the expansions. I also love the sense of community it gives.
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    Get Together

Get Together. There is no question about it.

The club system is a gamechanger. I can't imagine the game without it. Plus, in my opinion, Windenburg is the best world there is. It actually feels like a real world as it is large, varied and historic.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Island Living
    Seasons definitely isn't my favorite expansion, never gonna be happy about them cutting base game content out and slapping a 40 dollar price point on it.

For me my favorite has always been Island Living, but recently Cats and Dogs is overtaking it as I love the world and the gameplay it adds :)
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I think polls are fun! So I really want to answer, but so many are asking about a favourite, and I don't really think that way; all the expansions, and the other packs, add to the game, and I think i would miss a lot of things about them if they were not there, even if some of them seem more thought through than others.

One way to answer the question would be to say Get Together though, since I would really like it if more of the packs had features that were so useful and flexible and non-intrusive to gameplay as the Club System.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    Eco Lifestyle
    It has a lot of features i love: dumpster diving, the fabrication and candle making, naps and eco footprint, bb, cas...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Get Together
    I had to smile at the title. Seasons is a favourite for many simmers. For me seasons ties with get together. The club feature and windenburg, my favourite world, are the selling points of this EP for me.
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Get to Work
    So right now i only have Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, and Get To Work. I choose get to work because you can play as a scientist and a doctor- where you can join them at work. now of course it would be pretty great if all the careers had this- but however it works! it is also a tie between Get to work and discover university!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    Island Living
    I was torn between Island Living and Get to Work. Island Living surpasses Get to Work a little bit because of the world. Magnolia Promade was a pretty weak world from Get to Work. Sulani was beautiful. Both of the packs give good gameplay though. Island Living wasn't my favorite pack overall, Vampires is but since that isn't on the poll I'm going to go with Island Living. I would say all of the packs on the poll are worth it but that depends on what gameplay you like.
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Get Together
    I would vote for Get Together and Pets, i think both are awesome in their own ways, and both also adds beautiful worlds, Windenburg and Britechester
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2021
    Get Together
    It is just really great. Game play is awesome, new socials, every little aspect is improved. As for the world, I'm not sure how true, but I've heard it is meant to resemble Germany. Does not look like Germany... ROFL! Very pretty nonetheless.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Snowy Escape
    Snowy Escape, with a close second by Get Together. And for me those actually are my favorites, even if Seasons were in the list.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Discover University
    2 staples regarding Sims games for me are weather and university. So this poll was an easy one lol
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    Get Together
    Still the same favorite, seasons or not :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    City Living
    On the one hand, I rather enjoy the premades of Get Together. But I really adore living in an apartment, especially as someone not ultra-big into building. And the festivals are still the best in all the expansions.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    City Living
    I was torn between City Living, Island Living and Cats & Dogs but I chose City Living because I enjoy playing in the city sometimes and I love the San Myshuno festivals.
  • Options
    BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Get Together
    I've voted for get together because of beautiful worls+cool townies but cats and dogs EP is also equally good, i just don't like its townies except Lynx. Both are much better than seasons tbh.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together ties with Snowy Escape. They have the best worlds with fun gameplays.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Get Together
    Not an easy choice. I love parts of each one I own and there are parts of all of them I rarely use... I went with Get Together because the clubs tie in well with so many of my other packs. And also I love the Munch and Fyres families.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work is my favorite, just because I enjoy the activity of following your Sim to their career and hey, I can be a police officer and that is something super cool in my book.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I voted Cats and Dogs altho I also like Get to Work. I want Vampires next!! :D
    ~Z~
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    City Living
    I don't own all of the expansion packs, including Seasons, but even if I did I think City Living would be difficult to beat for me.

San Myshuno is probably my most used world, I love decorating apartments and filling the city with restaurants, cafés, and shops. I also really enjoy the festivals, especially the spice one.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    City Living
    It’s always been city living for me. Personally it’s my favourite expansion pack which I have been so surprised at as usually I don’t like the city packs.
  • Options
    zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Does Sims 4 have "City Living"? I see a lot of people talking about it.
    ~Z~
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work and Get together are my two favorite packs sometimes I would pick one, and sometimes the other, Get to Work gives me retail, and 3 fantastic jobs with work places, Get together gives me a wonderful new world, the club system and a lot of fun objects. Season I could actually do without, but I do enjoy the holidays with seasons. Sometimes the weather is quite annoying to me, especially if I go on a vacation, and the weather is bad.

RANTS: There needs to be a way to check the weather in a different place before going there, bad weather can spoil a vacation, or even a days outing. Get to works retail should have been like Dine out where you don’t have to own the business to set objects for sale....... I wish they would change that as many of my sims go to a retail store to buy things, but I really don’t like having to set the retail stores up initially having some one buy them, make the food etc. etc. I also would rather be able to buy each piece in an outfit off of a rack, jewelry case etc, and keep it in my dresser, closet, hat box or jewelry box, instead of an entire outfit off of a mannequin. Retail outfit buying used to be so much more fun when you had to pay for them, even if you bought them from the buy mode. You couldn’t just go into CAS and change everything for free. But that is probably more of a problem of how outfits were set up in the first place in this base game. I can’t remember if it was sims 1 or sims 2 ( or both) where you had to buy outfits, jewelry, etc. before you wore them, just like you do furniture. That made the game so much more fun using retail clothing stores and jewelry stores. And with all the pieces there are to buy now, you could have all types of clothing stores, outfit stores, jewelry stores, hat stores, shoe stores, underwear stores, swimsuit stores, you just clicked on a rack at a store, or a jewelry counter and all items in that category came up for you to buy. The game could still be made in a different mode if you wanted to be a seller where you had to buy certain pieces to sell them, actually in both clothing and furniture. It would be more work for EA, but so much more fun for the player.