Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

any one else have Stupid sims

Comments

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes, they have been real dumb, like taking naps instead of sleeping even though sleep is what they needed. I dont know if they are still that idiotic after the latest patch because i have been cheating their needs and i dont trust them to take care of themselves anymore haha!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Cloud gazing during a thunderstorm seems to be a favorite choice for some of mine. But I lock the doors so they can't get out. :lol:

My last household was obsessed with sun lounging and gardening during thunderstorms. I was seriously worried for them.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    When my corrupt cop Sim gets to the police station, the first thing he sets out to do is "browse the internet"
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    All the time. Especially the guys. So much for the claim of 'smarter sims'.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Honeydew wrote: »
    does anyone ever feel like they have the stupidest sim?! I do Like when mine go to work all he or she want to do when I tell them to do their job is either play on their phone or read or if there hungry they'll make food but won't eat it then complain about being hungry are anyone elses as stupid as mine? :D:p

I love autonomy and would honestly love to see more in the game. However, I want "smart autonomy" If they are hungry I want them to make something to eat and eat it afterwards. If they are tired I want them to go to bed. I want them to go to work or school on their own. I want them to take a shower and pee on their own. I think we should be able to train our sims. I think etiquette should be a skill. Yes, I've had my share of both stupid and rude sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Vampire teens taking their time (mood swing/weird walk) getting into the house after school.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Oh yeah, my Sims are dumb. In one Save, I've got the Sim who is cooking, who has tons of countertop space in the kitchen, but goes all the way to the basement to the laundry room to chop up the food, to travel all the way back upstairs to cook. Like literally, cooking/eating for Sims is like this 5 hour endeavor lol. Or my Sim who will stop doing anything I tell her to do, to go vacuum & the house isn't even dirty.

& then in my other Save, my vampire who doesn't have sun protection loves to just stand in the sun and burn. I literally scream at my computer, because dude will die and it's like go inside you idiot, but better yet, why are you outside without your umbrella or sun protection. Gotta love it! LOL
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    True but these sims are the only thing that makes me feel smarter.
    That is such a fun way to look at it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I've noticed that some autonomous actions towards filling needs are a little bugged at the moment. This is especially noticeable with NPC's, I had three celebrity sims, while at the Starlight Acoladies, pee themselves, one of them died from embarrassment.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sims 4 were supposed to be smarter. Yet I find them more stupid. Actually the most stupid of all iterations.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    Sims 4 were supposed to be smarter. Yet I find them more stupid. Actually the most stupid of all iterations.

Sad but true. Was it always this way or did they just get more stupid over time as more content was added to the game? I didn’t really start playing the Sims 4 properly until seasons released so I don’t know how smart they were before then.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    They were dumber from the get-go. The 'smarter sims' was just propaganda as part of the sales pitch. The EA version of 'How do you know when a politician is lying? Their mouth is moving.'
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    mine for some reason become obsessed with the pool when it’s cold out. i swear when it’s hot they will rarely use it but when it’s cold i keep having to stop them from swimming.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I feel like the odd one out here, my sims are pretty good at things, keeping themselves occupied and living on their own. I had a thread where I had accidently left the game running for 3-4 hours, when I saw it I almost had heart failure, lol. The sims were sitting on the couch in the living room watching tv, all needs up and I thought wow. THEN, I started looking around and was aghast!! There was trash, dirt everywhere, lol. They hadn't bothered to clean up anything, but they were still alive. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Everybody has stupid sims!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Not very often thankfully because of mods. MC Command Center and Bienchen's and littlemssam's mods have helped me keep my sanity over the years.

They help me remove stuff from the autonomy list, remove idle animations and they fix bugs that Maxis take too long to fix themselves.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Dangit...you guys are making me want to dl MCCC.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Dangit...you guys are making me want to dl MCCC.
    Won’t play without it!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Yes. One of them seems especially obsessed with cooking new meals (doesn't have any food aspirations/traits though I don't know if it even matters). When she's hungry she goes and cooks... then derps out, sets the ready meal on the counter, doesn't of course eat it, but instead starts cooking another. All the while the fridge is full of perfectly good leftovers. I recall in TS3 my sims pretty much always autonomously went for the leftovers but this particular sim in TS4 is so stupid I bet she'll one day starve to death while surrounded by food.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    sims 4 sims... where to start. one thing that bugs me is that they always nap, where sleep is actually what is needed- and they are still exhausted after their nap... lol and the recent bug where sims make food, make food but don't eat it..
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
    A better question would be does anybody not have stupid sims. :D
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    All of my Sims are stupid. They always have been. My stupid little computer robots.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited April 2021
    I used to give RL people far more credit than they deserve. Sims are very much like real people. We're all given to bouts of stupidity. And you know what? You can't fix stupid.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    All the time. Especially the guys. So much for the claim of 'smarter sims'.

Gosh, I first discovered that back in Sims3 when one of it's claim to fame was smarter A.I. . Really? I mean, really?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    Yes. I will have them make a perfectly good plate of mac n cheese, and then they'll go to the fridge and waste their money to make something else. And don't even get me started on how they make everything around them flammable.
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber