Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Agree or Disagree? Assumptions /opinions across the franchise.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It depends... Mods are essential to me but not because the vanilla game is boring but because they fix annoying bugs. But i own almost all the packs.
    I have no idea how is playing with only base game right now... assuming that it's boring, mods can really enhance the game.

Agree or disagree? We should have more control from the world manager. For instance we should be able to buldoze lots without having to load them.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Agree or disagree? We should have more control from the world manager. For instance we should be able to buldoze lots without having to load them.

Agreed.

The sims games should have life state toggles across all dlc.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I agree. I loved Supernatural for the world and build-mode, but without the little toggling ability we had I'd probably uninstall it.

Even if the world is closed, cars are still fun for our Sims to own.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Agreed - Cars are other vehicles are fun to have for our sims

Building in Sims 4 has some more options than previous games in the franchise did.

Agree or disagree
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I disagree. If we ever get cars, all I see is loading screens and rabbit holes. Time for work? Sim gets into car and rabbit hole. Time to teach your teen to drive? They get into the car and rabbit hole. Time for a family trip to Sulani? Everyone in the car and then loading screen. You dont actually get to see them drive around and dont think you'll actually get to control the driving. If that's supposed to be fun I just dont see it.

Agree or disagree? Sims having emotions should be a staple gameplay feature in future sims titles.
    edited April 2021
    drakharis wrote: »

Building in Sims 4 has some more options than previous games in the franchise did.

Agree or disagree

Agree, no doubt!

Agree or disagree? Sims having emotions should be a staple gameplay feature in future sims titles.

Disagree. I liked traits without emotions much more. At least i don't loke it how they did it this time... there are very few emotions driving autonomy, instead of traits. But i believe that devs are working on revaluing traits to overcome emotions in some situations and that might work...

Agree or disagree? It would be cool to have the option of playing our sim's kids at school.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited April 2021
    Agree. I would love to follow my Sims' kids to school. I might even get them up a grade or two that way. I keep forgetting their homework at present.

Agree or disagree? I would like the SimGurus to play with all the packs sometimes when introducing new packs and kits. It will show their faith in the game and help us Simmers with most or all of the packs to see the new options we would get too, other than the Base Game ones plus only the new one.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited April 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    Agree or disagree? I would like the SimGurus to play with all the packs sometimes when introducing new packs and kits. It will show their faith in the game and help us Simmers with most or all of the packs to see the new options we would get too, other than the Base Game ones plus only the new one.

Agree 1000%! I personally feel like that is part of the problem, when they playtest a new feature, they are only using the basegame to make sure it functions correctly, but the problem is a good portion of the fanbase doesn't have "just" the basegame, most simmers have bought some DLC and therein lies the problem. Just because object/function A works with the basegame, doesn't mean that ObjectFunction A doesn't break Object/Function B, C, or D (or all of them) from other packs when used together.

Agree or Disagree: Personal individual computer specs should be taken into account for TS4, so that features/functions are not limited to every single person just to make the game more stable for those low-end computer users. There should be better CPU/ GPU settings for those with higher end rigs able to handle ultra, other than just the "uncompressed" textures and the amount of lots you can view.

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited April 2021
    Simburian wrote: »

Agree 1000%! I personally feel like that is part of the problem, when they playtest a new feature, they are only using the basegame to make sure it functions correctly, but the problem is a good portion of the fanbase doesn't have "just" the basegame, most simmers have bought some DLC and therein lies the problem. Just because object/function A works with the basegame, doesn't mean that ObjectFunction A doesn't break Object/Function B, C, or D (or all of them) from other packs when used together.

Agree or Disagree: Personal individual computer specs should be taken into account for TS4, so that features/functions are not limited to every single person just to make the game more stable for those low-end computer users. There should be better CPU/ GPU settings for those with higher end rigs able to handle ultra, other than just the "uncompressed" textures and the amount of lots you can view.

I'm not on PC, but I have to agree. I don't think they should limit the next game. I think they should build it based on what's current, and by current I mean hardware released within the last couple years. It sucks to have to upgrade, but consoles have to as well. I'm still on an Xbox One S, but I know I'll eventually have to buy a Series X, or PS5 because they will stop doing updates and making games for last gen.

Oh, agree or disagree: Trying to re-model some of the pre-made lots is better than bulldozing for something completely new/different.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

Oh, agree or disagree: Trying to re-model some of the pre-made lots is better than bulldozing for something completely new/different.

As part of the building community, I would say both though some builders may disagree.

It depends on the game. For example, if I'm doing a historical game I might bulldoze everything that doesn't fit that era and remodel other lots. In some worlds like the one in Snowy Escape I bulldoze everything and rebuild the entire world with Japanese gardens and traditional Japanese homes. Sometimes I simply remodel the lots in the worlds to work with the style of the area. I remodel parks more often than not instead of bulldozing them completely.

Agree or disagree Townies are ugly and don't know how to dress.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Agreed. I give each one a makeover lol.

Eco Lifestyle was the most innovative/ambitious/ different (out there) expansion to date. What i mean is EA tried something completely nee.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Agreed. I give each one a makeover lol.

Eco Lifestyle was the most innovative/ambitious/ different (out there) expansion to date. What i mean is EA tried something completely nee.

agree it was the most new
    sims need more whims wants and fears both long term and in the moment in order for there personality to be better
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Agree. I really want them to fix the whim system. It's a shame it stopped being supported and are disabled by default.

Premade sims in the Sims 4 are very uninteresting and extremely forgettable.
    he/him
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »
    Agree. I really want them to fix the whim system. It's a shame it stopped being supported and are disabled by default.

agree you get way more out of this game if you make your own sims
    the game needs more teen things to do
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Agree. Teens need more things to do that are specific to their age.

Agree or disagree? Toddlers and children also need more things to do. Gameplay becomes very repetitive...
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Agree. Teens need more things to do that are specific to their age.

Agree or disagree? Toddlers and children also need more things to do. Gameplay becomes very repetitive...
    Agree! not entirely sure what though.
    Agree or Disagree: university is hard especially when trying to keep up with the needs (like becoming very exhausted) without mods and should be a little easier.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    disagree. I like the challenge of university across all the games. The only thing I'd tweak (and usually do w/mods) is make total time spent at university in Sims 2 shorter.

A/D: We need more subculture representation, especially for teens. Sims 2 BODIED this, and 3 and 4 need to step up their game a bit imo
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    weird... i actually think that uni sims in sims 2 are better and less exhausting. i'm actually talking about TS3/Ts4 in that one. As sims do get really tired easily it seems.
    Anywho.
    Agreed: perfect example ts2 had teen style stuff and that added teen things like Goth Style. Sims 3 and 4 didn't really have any particular one style. part of being human i feel is having lots of representation and some choose to represent themselves as Goth (when in fact they could not be rebelous and be the nicest person!)

Agree or Disagree: There should be more aspirations and they should be more long term. For instance Ts2 Romance Sim- however she wants to be in the top of the slacker carreer instead of 4 Bfs/GFs at once. (although have tried this and achieved having 4 bfs/gfs. )
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Agree. So many recent aspirations are basically just tutorials for whichever pack they came in, which kind of puts me off using them.

Agree or disagree: The Romantic trait would work better as two separate traits (Hopeless Romantic and Flirty) like in TS3.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    edited April 2021
    Agree. They'ld also represent better the two romantic aspirations.

Agree or disagree: occults feel more alive in sims 3 than in any other iteration.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Disagree. Vampires are much better in Sims 4.

Agree or disagree: The quality of stuff packs for TS4 has greatly improved in the last couple years.
  • simmerannsimmerann Posts: 24 Member
    Agree. I particularly liked Moschino, as I enjoy the objects and the career. More stuff packs should have added gameplay. I don't do occults so haven't played with Paranormal. Laundry day should have had a little more testing as the actual doing of the laundry has to be modded to be not annoying.

Agree or disagree: the treatment of elders in the game reflects ageism - ie they are not interesting- and needs to be updated so they are full complex characters .
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2021
    Agree! Same with all life stages that are not young adult or adult.

Agree or disagree: We need separate bank accounts for household members instead of one pot (without having to use mods).
    I agree so much! This is one of the things i want more. I want my sims to spare their own money for when they leave the legacy house.

Agree or Disagree: legacy play needs story progression.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Disagree legacy play needs story progression. I would hate to see my adult Sim kids go on without my input.

Agree or disagree, dead relatives should leave an inheritance or insurance to other family members and friends. Like in TS2. One gets more than the other etc. This should be taken with the Sim who moves out if it was part of their inheritance or insurance benefit.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.