Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

Comments

• FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    It's definitely hard to slow down and accept the limitations but after a few hours you (almost) forget that you can do so much more in TS4 (plus I have a much huger screen now than I had back in 2000 that's for sure).
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Yes, for free though, it's pretty old.
    I would definitley love to play it for a bit again, but because it is so old and hasn't aged well, it would be every few years for the nostalgia I would play it, so I wouldn't be willing to pay too much.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I would play it. I only ever had the base game. I tried to buy Sims Unleashed from a second-hand shop but there was no manual/installation code, so I couldn’t actually use it. So it’d be cool to experience all the expansions, and have a larger selection of lots/houses than just the ones that came with the base game.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I'd be happy to get it for free but I'm ready even to pay for it. Provided it runs well on my Windows 10.
  • WDStudiosWDStudios Posts: 3 New Member
    I do not ant ANYTHING on any online distribution platform if it's possible to get the same program on a disc on a box.

Get off my lawn.
  • WDStudiosWDStudios Posts: 3 New Member
    *want
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I've got about 3 different starter packs for Sims 1 including the 4 set disc set so would just like to have an emulator for Windows 10 that will allow me to play it and on a 1920x1080 setting as well. I have so much in the way of mods and cc for it on CDs.

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    If it was updated for Windows 10 absolutely! I was five years old when it came out so I was too young to play it, and even if I knew about the game, my parents would never have let me play it.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • MoofytheManMoofytheMan Posts: 16 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I've played every other flagship game but never Sims 1. I'd be willing to pay for it as long as it's not like $60. In fact it probably wouldn't even need to be any more than $10 for how old it is. I even got TS2UC for free lol
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    That game is awesome. I wouldn't mind paying money, this is what every body else did to get the disc.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I think that it would be fun to play again, but because it is so old, I probably wouldn’t play it enough for it to be worth paying for.
  • Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    > @EricasFreePlay said:
    > I would pay $20-$30 for a digital copy of the Complete Collection but I also would want any bugs fixed. We already have 3D versions (TS2, TS3 and TS4).

$20 for the digital complete collection with fixes. Under $20 without.
  • Whisper15Whisper15 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would be for it. If they can get that old SimCity game working through Origin, they can do Sims 1. I love playing it. Having it through a modern system would make it more accessible and easier than having to keep pulling out my cd drive.
  • WafflezxlolzWafflezxlolz Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! Sorry, but I don't know where else to post this, new to this site. Does anyone know how to add a New Sim to an already existing Family in The Sims (2000)?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Not on Origin, though! Steam, please! Otherwise yes, would want to play it again, would even pay. Once. Not an ongoing subscription, not online-only. I'd pay $20 or $30 to have a version of Sims1 that is compatible with current equipment, that can be played offline, that does not require microtransactions or any kind of ongoing renting-of-access BS.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • beathappeningbeathappening Posts: 11 New Member
    I already have it installed but it'd be pretty nice if it was on origin.
    WOuldn't pay for it since it's so outdated.
  • ilove2314ilove2314 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    ID love to have it again :(
  • Dukemon20Dukemon20 Posts: 38 Member
    I'd like a 3d version instead. Update it a bit.
    Either they release the Complete Collection on GOG or they better release a special edition on Origin.

On GOG, EA only releases games they don't want to have anything to do with anymore, that they don't want to patch or remaster. See releases like Dragon Age Origins, from which EA is distancing itself noticeably. It would be the minimum. Runs on current operating systems from Win8.

The special edition for Origin, on the other hand, would be awesome. Something like the Complete Collection, but with all GetCoolStuff content, as well as promotion content.
    • Pepsi Vending Machine
    • the BigM Booth
    • Additional Skins from TV commercials (HotDate, Vacation, and so on)
    • the additional Skins for Pets from Unleashed
    • additional TV Spots for the televisions
    • SSX and Command&Conquerer content (Skins and Heads)
    • Super Deluxe Content
    • GetCoolStuff Content
    • GetCoolStuff Tools

Did I forget something?
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    This is the sort of thing for which GOG was originally created. No reason to bog down either Origin or EA staff with a 20 year old game. Let somebody have access to consolidate the tools people use to get it running on newer machines, give them a small percentage of the revenue to maintain customer support, stick it up on GOG, and enjoy about 75% profit per dollar received.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Why GOG doesn't have it yet? Is EA refusing to give it the rights? Or is it too buggy?

The irony is that I wouldn't probably play it that much once I have it...

And we kind of paid amply for it with all the money we invested in the game with all its expansions/packs/kits, etc.

And yes, a special edition would be sweet. Too bad they haven't made it for the 20 years of the Sims... 25 years, maybe?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Just make Sims 5 where you integrate all the stuff from sims 1 to 4.
    While I love the older Sims games, I am now more into the improvements and certain aspects of the newer ones despite their flaws (Sims 4 and Sims 3).

I can’t really go back to Sims 1 now. I used to play it recently, but I missed too much of the improved family play and occult play features since then.

I just want a Sims 5, or more stuff added to Sims 4 nowadays.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I'd be wanting 2, not 1, but I'd settle for either, but would rather do it on Steam. I would play Sims 1 to get mesmerized by the music and find all the easter eggs but gone are the days when Bella Goth taking a pixelated bath is interesting to watch. Though I still recall loving how relaxed she sounded, sighing happily in her bath.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DrusillaDrusilla Posts: 155 Member
    I've been wanting to replay Sims 1 for soo long. Tried to download it once but didn't work very well. Come on EA!
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Yes, if it's not expensive. Better if it's free. Definitely won't pay 20 for it.
  • Veemo8Veemo8 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would love a digital release of the sims 1 on origin along with the sims 2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top