Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    That teens will sometimes sneak out after curfew on their own. I normally play with autonomy off, I just recently turned it on and saw one of the teens sneak out after curfew with no input from me.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    One of my families, with four children and a toddler, went to the Festival of Youth. They were there for about four hours doing the Voidcritter Hunt and two of the kids succeeded in getting all ten. But because they had to leave early to go to scouts, none of them received a blessing (which I didn’t know about anyway). So the four children have been upset, and a couple of them angry, for five days now as every time they see their parents, it renews the hurt feelings. The oldest just aged to a teen and her hurt feelings seem to have gone away now, but the other three - I don’t know what to do! It shouldn’t take this long to get over the hurt from not receiving the blessing! And it’s not like they can avoid their parents in order not to continually be upset!

Apparently this is a glitch that has been around since November last year, which one would think would be fixed by now!!! I think I’ll have to avoid that festival until the glitch is fixed!
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Very nice attention to detail. I didn't expect the vampire lore in this game to be followed to the letter. Vampires don't project reflections in the mirrors.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Robotics engineers can craft computer glasses that allow them to access some computer functionality like browse simpedia. Very useful if you want to put them in a certain emotion. The anination is pretty cool as well.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited April 2021
    With vampire superspeed on you can traverse the whole jungle of Selvadorada in about 30 sim minutes (from the temple to the starting point). Favorite superpower ever!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    IVXXXVI wrote: »
    Found this some months ago and I was really surprised. In Discover University there is a lake in Britechester near the dorms of the Britechester University where sims can swim at, even without Island Living. :open_mouth:

HXctkjh.jpg

You might want to check out the lake or pond in snowy escape too. There is supposed to be a place to swim there too.

I posted this in the SE thread back then.
    Island Living X Snowy escape crossplay:
    Mermaids can summon dolphins in the Komorembi river.
    bPADOTL.jpg

I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    IVXXXVI wrote: »
    Found this some months ago and I was really surprised. In Discover University there is a lake in Britechester near the dorms of the Britechester University where sims can swim at, even without Island Living. :open_mouth:

HXctkjh.jpg

You might want to check out the lake or pond in snowy escape too. There is supposed to be a place to swim there too.

I posted this in the SE thread back then.
    Island Living X Snowy escape crossplay:
    Mermaids can summon dolphins in the Komorembi river.
    bPADOTL.jpg

It's not too cold to swim?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @MayaRose1138, Have your parents apologize to the children with hurt feelings. That should eliminate the sentiment, if it hasn't gotten worse.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sims can shower woohoo in shower/tub combos.

Sims can use spa soaks in shower/tub combos (this has been patched in at some point, because they couldn't before).
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Very nice attention to detail. I didn't expect the vampire lore in this game to be followed to the letter. Vampires don't project reflections in the mirrors.

Did you know that the stuffed animal toy from Vampires game pack also doesn't project reflections?

No, I didn't know that lol.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138, Have your parents apologize to the children with hurt feelings. That should eliminate the sentiment, if it hasn't gotten worse.

I tried that and the buffs would go away but then when they saw or spoke to their parents again, they’d come back :(. At least the teen is over it, and it didn’t affect the toddler, but the three in the middle will most likely be apologised to until they age up!
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    A lot things I didn't know. I didn't know you could make multiple outfits for different occasions. I didn't know you could just click the Needs icon to make the sim do what he needs.
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    It's not too cold to swim?

The lake is in the lowermost part, which isn't frozen all-year-long.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    One of my crazy hermits, who lives underground as much as possible, built his rocket ship in an underground silo putting off deleting the upper most ceiling and ground segment till he was ready to launch. Well, of course I forgot to delete that ground/ceiling when the time finally came to launch and the rocket just paused through, performed the mission, and passed through again to land down in the silo. Really expected the rocket to crash when it hit the ceiling, or blow away the ceiling and ground segment and leave a hole, or both. I'd say this is a bug, but until we get some sort of door that works for a missile/rocket silo I'll take it.
    The cake is a lie
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    First time I see this sentiment.

DJdPoFJ.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    Did you know - there's a gardening achievement called "Splice of Life" inspired by the Slice of Life mod

splice.png

There's also a whole set of items in Laundry Day inspired by a certain mod which shall not be named...

35.png
  • Dystopian_OverladyDystopian_Overlady Posts: 28 Member
    I didn't know that children can have completely random hair and eye colors. One boy born into my game has blue hair (his parents are both dark-haired), and another boy has striking green eyes (his parents both have brown eyes). Are those mutations? Recessive genes? I guess I am still in the process of figuring out the Sim genetics.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @Dystopian_Overlady Are you using any mods? Children and toddlers shouldn't be able to have unnatural hair colours such as blue, and the one time I had a mod installed that allowed it, it sometimes caused children's hair colours to change randomly.
    @GrumpyGlowfish Thank you for pointing this out, that must be it! I use a mod that lowers the chance of pregnancy because reduced fertility is part of the challenge. I am surprised that the mod is causing this but that's good to know. I've now changed the hair color to reflect the parents' hair color but I am keeping the eyes.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Dystopian_Overlady That shouldn’t be causing any problems, though. To affect your Sims’ hair colours, it would have to add different coloured textures for each hairstyle. Have you downloaded any kids’ hair recolours?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited April 2021
    @GrumpyGlowfish Thank you for pointing this out, that must be it! I use a mod that lowers the chance of pregnancy because reduced fertility is part of the challenge. I am surprised that the mod is causing this but that's good to know. I've now changed the hair color to reflect the parents' hair color but I am keeping the eyes.

I got the green eyes in a toddler recently, neither parent has these eyes and mom is the 3rd generation heir,
    these eyes are not from her family. That's mom on the left.
    Dad was a Uni student, he has no relatives. I don't use mods in my game.
    I'm very happy with her beautiful eyes, but it's strange.
    BUh1Q7S.png?1

Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    One of my Sims’ nooboos aged up with red eyes. The mum’s eyes were purple and the dad’s were brown, and neither of them had parents who they could’ve inherited a recessive gene from.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    > @AyKooChao said:
    > @Dystopian_Overlady That shouldn’t be causing any problems, though. To affect your Sims’ hair colours, it would have to add different coloured textures for each hairstyle. Have you downloaded any kids’ hair recolours?

I have downloaded some hairstyles, so maybe there were some hair recolours in those packages. I didn't actively seek those but it would explain the blue hair.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Did you know - there's a gardening achievement called "Splice of Life" inspired by the Slice of Life mod

splice.png
    Probably not the case - the achievement was these since forever, probably before that mod even existed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top