March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I will definitely buy paralives because I've seen so much of the development. It looks amazing. I would consider TS5 still, but like I did with all the other sims games, I'd wait awhile because the price is cut in half after 6months-year and I love sims but it's not going to be different enough from the others that I need it asap. Plus when 4 came out I was pretty miffed about everything that had been left out, so I'd just be waiting to make sure it was a game I wanted to play that suited my play style.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Other
    I want to see what the offer first
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Other
    I pick Other, because I never buy games on release. You have to pay full price (somewhere in the $50-60 range) for a game that may be semi-playtested with tons of bugs and glitches due to the developers' oversight.

If you wait 5 years after the initial release, then the Paralives or The Sims 5 may be bundled together with an expansion pack, so your base game has a much more richer game experience.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Lilacsky22 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Paralives will indeed be a subscription

There's no hint of that anywhere in the Paralives website or their Discord.

• bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I plan to buy Paralives upon release, and I have no interest in Sims 5 if it is an online game, MMO, or whatever you want to call it. I will leave behind The Sims forever if they go that route. I'll stick with Paralives if it fits what I want from a simulation game, but I'll continue playins Sims 4 if they ever get around to fixing the major issues in the game. I'm feeling pessimistic about that right now and don't see much hope of the game improving. I guess I could've picked Other.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'm going to give Paralives a go, it would be rude not to lol. Sims 5, I'd like to think I'd buy it having bought all of the others in the past, but to be honest it would have to be something spectacular and have excellent gameplay. It would have to have a single player mode because there isn o way I'm playing it on line. It will have to have had rave reviews from other simmers before I part with another penny to EA. Don't get me wrong, I love building in the Sims 4, but the gameplay is lacking, the animations are lacking, the love is lacking as soon as I go into live mode. I fell out with S4 after the release of snowy escape where I bought the pack and couldn't play it, so basically I'm hoping TS will get it's act together and be more like the game it was rather than the game it has become.
  • LynxKitty66613LynxKitty66613 Posts: 11 New Member
    Playing sims with friends online would be cool, but I don't like the idea of it being a MMO, or having a sub. Plus paralives looks really really cool. Especially the furniture sizing and placing feature.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I would by both, if at the time of release, they had appeal to me.

If TS5 has the ability for multi-player gaming, I would still hope that there is the option for single-player gaming as I have no interest in other people visiting my worlds or having the ability to visit mine. The other thing that would really put me off is if the only way to play was via a subcription based service simply because The Sims is the sort of game that I dip in and out of and I would rather not be paying a subscription for a game if I'm not using it for a while.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,966 Member
    Fully agree! Simmers are individuals with own play styles and habits. No one configuration fits all.
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    I'll give Paralives a try, but if it isn't my cup of tea, I'll stick with Sims 2 and Sims 3. Not gonna bash people that like Sims 4, but it is not the game for me. I can see the amount of creative energy put in 2 and 3; 4 just isn't it.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Other
    It's difficult to say what I might do in the future. My game preferences are varied, but The Sims franchise was, at one time, my favorite. My battle with Sims4 has left me wondering if EA is capable of creating another iteration without altering it into something I don't recognize, or might want to play at all. We know basically nothing about Sims5 except it might be an MMO, filled with micro transactions. And given the amount of glitches and bugs we've seen in Sims4, my faith in the EA teams has dwindled significantly in the last three years. Paralives looks interesting, and I have helped support his efforts, but I'm a bit reticent about blindly buying anything new no matter how good it looks in short teasers. I am hoping Paralives gives EA a lot to think about, and drives home the point that ignoring the fact it's game has problems yet refuses to give the teams the resources to fix those problems, has given some of us long-time Simmers a glimpse into the future of the franchise. And I don't like what I am seeing. So, my answer to the question is simple. I'll wait to see how good these two base games are before I commit to purchasing either one.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Other
    I'm not buying neither, I bought every sims game in past and spent hundreds on the sims 4 and it's still going , I've spent that much on this game, I don't want to go through all this again 😂
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 875 Member
    Other
    I put other, because I have heard of Paralives, but haven't looked into it in a great amount of detail. So, I will probably watch people review first before buying it, if I buy it.
    As for Sims 5, I don't plan to buy it on the release date. Also, if it is a pay to play type thing, I may not get it. I know we have to buy packs to play the pack, but what I mean is that I don't want to pay a monthly fee just to access my game.
    Also, I bought Sims 4 around 2018-2019, and I am glad I waited, because when it released in 2014, people didn't have even half of what we have now. So, if Sims 5 does that, i will rather wait.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I.D.K. Was planning on sticking with The Sims 4, 100% sure the community will stay active. Think I will try out Paralives, but never getting The Sims 5.
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    Other
    I haven't really been following the Paralives development. I don't play a lot of games (read: any) besides the sims, and I am very loyal, so the idea of me starting a new game is kind of unlikely, but I am vaguely interested. However, I have very, very little interest in MMOs. It gives me anxiety to even think about it. I'm guessing it wouldn't necessarily be forced on us? Maybe as an option? But who knows - I mean we know very little at this time still. If TS5 is like TS3 and TS4 combined, I'll be happy honestly. I waited a long time after it was released to even start playing TS4, so most likely I'll do the same regardless when TS5 drops unless it looks seriously amazing. Realistically, I might have to give in and buy an actual desktop computer because I'm pretty sure my dainty MacBook will implode if I even think about adding another game to it. Even more realistically, if I do buy a desktop, I'm probably going to go back to TS3 :#
  • LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    Other
    I'm interested in both, but I can't say I really "plan" on buying either at the moment. I'll see how they turn out and then decide. Also, no matter which I buy, if either or even both, I won't stop playing Sims 3.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Other
    I'd rather wait to see if Sims4 will finally improve their game before deciding on Sims5. As far as Paralives is concerned, I do not plan on buying it because quite frankly, the graphic design on the characters looks a bit too weird and unrealistic. Also, it's world looks too limited and boring. I do applaud their effort though so I will keep a look out for improvements in the future for Paralives.

Yeah it's the art-style that does it for me. It's like a mobile game, or in the same vein as Animal Crossing. Not saying that's a bad thing, just not for me. Although I miss Animal Crossing on GameCube :'(
  • johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    When Sims 4 first came out, pretty much the entire forum exploded with how it looked to "cartooney"
    But, having seen the extensive Art Style of Paralives, this is defiantly more "cartooney" than Sims 4.
    It reminds me of those paper dolls, you used to see in old magazines/films from the 40s & 50s.

And as they are only showing off the Art and some building/clothing videos - with not much about the actual game-play and/or what they are actually planning in terms of story/traits/emotions or any semblance of what the game is beyond the art - I fear, that many are going to be in for disappointment, as they are making huge speculations on what they game is going to provide.

Or if its even going to be a "proper" alternative to the Sims.

Everyone is falling into the same trap that they did when EA announced Sims 4. They had high expectations of what they wanted or though the game was/should going to be.

I will wait until both games are finished/released, before making a judgement call, but either way Paralives/Sims 5 may not live up to any of the expectations, that everyone is having.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Other
    I'll take the wait and see approach. We still know far too little information about the game to make any sort of informed decisions. It does look promising so far with the increased flexibility with the decorations but everything else is limited just from what we know.
    A1hnP0t.png
    amberlunez wrote: »
    I haven't really been following the Paralives development. I don't play a lot of games (read: any) besides the sims, and I am very loyal, so the idea of me starting a new game is kind of unlikely, but I am vaguely interested. However, I have very, very little interest in MMOs. It gives me anxiety to even think about it. I'm guessing it wouldn't necessarily be forced on us? Maybe as an option? But who knows - I mean we know very little at this time still. If TS5 is like TS3 and TS4 combined, I'll be happy honestly. I waited a long time after it was released to even start playing TS4, so most likely I'll do the same regardless when TS5 drops unless it looks seriously amazing. Realistically, I might have to give in and buy an actual desktop computer because I'm pretty sure my dainty MacBook will implode if I even think about adding another game to it. Even more realistically, if I do buy a desktop, I'm probably going to go back to TS3 :#

DO IT!!! TS3 honestly is FANTASTIC on a new desktop!!!

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Other
    Paralives is a no for me, and I don't care for an online subscription game. If that is the wave of the future TS4 will ne the last Sims game, but I will reserve judgement for when TS5 is a reality.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Other

They'll have to follow some guides and extra steps to properly install TS3 since TS3 does not support new graphics cards and needs some mods to make it stable, including an auto-save mod for when things bork up, but after putting in the work, it's a great experience.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    troshalom wrote: »
    Paralives is a no for me, and I don't care for an online subscription game. If that is the wave of the future TS4 will ne the last Sims game, but I will reserve judgement for when TS5 is a reality.

It is not going to be an online subscription game. Stated in the Paralives FAQs page of their site. Single player, off line, no subscription. But TS5 might be from what we can gather from the type of positions and requirements for a job on TS5. ETA: reread your statement, if you meant TS5 as a subscription, yeah, I agree that's a no from the go.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    LJK wrote: »

They'll have to follow some guides and extra steps to properly install TS3 since TS3 does not support new graphics cards and needs some mods to make it stable, including an auto-save mod for when things bork up, but after putting in the work, it's a great experience.

Yes, good advice! Follow those guides and extra steps - it doesn't take long and you only need to do that once per installation. Then TS3 and the new computer will work fantastic together!

Other things to consider:
    • When considering buying a new computer, get one with an SSD - the game loads so much faster on it and if you have Origin's TS3 version 1.69, you will no longer be restricted to only loading 3 packs at a time - with the game installed to the SSD, you can load ALL the packs, both EPs and SPs!
    • Try installing a game booster (like Razer Cortex for example, or your own favorite) that manages the memory of the game and the computer so it works even better. I found that my game doesn't get that build/buy lag at all and don't get Error #<whatever> messages at all.
    • Combining the two advice above, I also noticed that loading patterns in CASt is much faster. Also toggle CAS in Compact Form with MasterController so CAS will only show one of each clothing piece instead of the default color choices they each come in as well.
    • If the game is lagging, more likely than not, it's because of some routing issue - NOT the open world system. If you get a new computer, you will have a large enough RAM that Windows 10 will not be taking over much of it so TS3 will get the full 4GB RAM it wants. Install Overwatch which will notify you if a sim is stuck and will automatically reset them to a safe location (normally their home lot).*

*-Here is an example of a routing issue causing lag and how it was fixed: When I first created an island for the science career, it caused a lot of lagging because everyone was boating to the same landing spot on the island at the same time for work. The lag pretty much went away when I added other forms of transportation to the island. I added a subway system and LLAMA transport system to the world, and added a subway station and LLAMA transport device on the island. So now there are three ways to get to and from the island which are all autonomously used by everyone including your active sims and inactive/townies/tourists.

Another way to fix this is also moving the science lot to the main land so no one has to go boating. I LOVE the concept of the island though so I didn't choose this option, but it is an easier solution to consider.

• Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    I'm willing to give Paralives a shot, but I want to wait for people to talk about it once it's out first.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top