Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there any up to date mods that lower your salary or increase your bills?

Its way too easy to make money. Any mods that do this or features of another mod that can do this?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    It's not specifically for lower payments (though these are lower at starting levels, but can be higher at late) but this mod makes careers harder overall - Career Overhaul by Kuttoe
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    You could also create a locked basement and store a ton of violins down there, so your Sims have to really struggle to pay the bills. Or shrink them down and hide them under things.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Not exactly what you're asking but SNB mod has one part that increases taxes and applies several fees to services, like usage of phone, internet, cable tv, premium cable tv, electricity, water... It gets more expensive than normal taxes and you can opt which services you want in your home and which will be disabled.

I know there's one for lower salarys. I've used it but can't remember the modder...

I also use one mod that makes me pay 150 simoleons every time my sims travel anywhere.

And i always replace broken objects instead of repairing or calling mainteinance. It's way more expensive (will make my sims repair if it makes sense).
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    Here's a mod by Zero: https://www.patreon.com/posts/career-salary-50-31600242

If your ever looking to spend more money in the sims check out these: basically it makes stuff like daycare cost money and also has entrance fees.
    https://adeepindigo.tumblr.com/post/644602388494336000/sims4simulationisnotfree
    https://adeepindigo.tumblr.com/post/646812789353103360/simulation-is-not-free-part-two-venue
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I use MCCC to increase my bills.

Use the computer and choose MCCC Settings > Money Settings > Change Bills Percent

I think it's too easy to make money in the game, and nothing to really spend it on. So I increase my bills by 700%. Apartment bills are separate and can also be increased or decreased.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Thanks!

texxx78 wrote: »

I know there's one for lower salarys. I've used it but can't remember the modder...

I also use one mod that makes me pay 150 simoleons every time my sims travel anywhere.

Do you know what mod that is? Or one that costs a lot to travel inbetween worlds (like an airplane fare?)

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt

Zero made a Simple Pay to Travel from Phone: https://www.patreon.com/posts/bg-simple-pay-to-49304352
    Thanks!!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Do you know what mod that is? Or one that costs a lot to travel inbetween worlds (like an airplane fare?)

It's the one from Zero that Nightlycoffe linked above.