Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think we need more clothing for adult males, more dad type clothes that would be worn by middle aged sims. Many of the clothes we have now are only suitable for young adults with the hipster skinny jeans that end above the ankle. We also need some nice Hawaiian shirts and leather biker outfits.

Sadly, this is a massive flaw across the Sims as a whole, not just for men. It's EXTREMELY hard to make any Sim who looks conservative or even grandmotherly, because nearly all the fashion in the game is geared towards 20-30 year olds or specific cultures. Like for real, I want to make a little old granny in her flower print dress with a frilly apron and lace coming out of the sleeves to invite you over to tea, or a church lady with an extravagant hat and lovely dress that doesn't reveal like 50% of her back and upper chest. I just want diversity for older Sims.

I hate to say it but in part we can put that to the community too.

Take Nifty Knitting, arguably people wanted to allocate this for the Elder Age group, or to be able to create kooky items and which CAS items won the vote? Trendy looking knitwear like stylish cardigans, strappy tops and trendy looking boots.
    I think literally one kooky hate made the cut along with an oversized sweater which the community didn't vote for.

Not chastising people's preferences here btw. I'm just demonstrating that when they can't include everything, EA/Maxis will favour CAS items which look appealing and "current" as that's guaranteed to generate sales.
  • LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    expansion pack where man can shave, drink soda(beer) and do manly things to feel more confident, lol.. Hope sims walking up and down stairs one day will count as exercise too. Will be very beneficial for big houses. I got trauma when made my fort and saw, that to get from one corner to another it took my sim around half of the day :neutral: Now I making my houses as small as I can and put everything in same room if possible.. There should be more positive traits for big lots, or time running in different dimension- much, much sower...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    edited April 2021
    Lack of pink !

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Male is banned !

It would be about Masculine stuff for both genders.

?????
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I agree that men need more clothes as they are so lacking but I doubt they would do a men's only pack. I would love to see an even amount of cas assets for both men and women come in future packs. So an X amount of female assets and then match the amount with the male assets.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    It doesn't have to be male only, just focused much more on men. I mean, just one single pack that is not strongly focused on women, like every single pack and expansion released so far is.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Lack of pink !

Not sure which packs you have installed but there’s plenty of pink available for males.

In my opinion there’s no lack of pink at all, but I don’t wear it and my male sims rarely do so what do I know?? Pink swatches galore though.

However there’s clearly a lack of male content and at this point it’s a ...Cant believe I’m saying this: joke.

Take that 90s leisure KIT for example. This would have been a perfect opportunity to add some more stuff for males, but surprise surprise, the ladies get 4 crop tops (what’s this odd obsession with crop tops???) , 5 bottoms and 3 full body outfits.

Let’s see what the boys get: 2 tops. 1 bottom. 0 full body outfits and a hat and shoes to share with the rest of the family. Couldn’t even get him a pair of MC Hammer Pants. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why I ask. Why?

So much for inclusion and gender balance. Here’s something else I rarely say: LOL.

Not.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sims 4 is trying to go with modern fashion. Not everybody cares for modern fashion though.

And why bother with a male content pack? Why not just put more male content in in general?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited April 2021
    Build mode item … urinal (TS3 basegame)

Gameplay … Shaving beard, Barber shop

CAS item … Body hair (TS3 basegame)

header10.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    fae_brass wrote: »
    @TheGreatGorlon yes sorry maybe 'niche' isn't the right word. Maybe I mean more like specific. So it isn't something we will get an EP or GP and I'd rather they didn't do an SP for it but I'd be okay paying for a Kit of it. I've sort of given up waiting for free updates for things like that but maybe it will happen, who knows. I agree that it should be in the base game but if it's a free update maybe we'll just get a few bits but not a whole range. I'd also like to see them update the eyelashes for free because I hate how clunky they are and they really need to change. They look more like heavy eyeliner than eyelashes. Pretty envious of the mods out there for beautiful eyelashes because they really lift the whole look of a Sim.

I think it would almost have to be a base game update for body hair because they would have to make a new slot for it. But I definitely wouldn’t mind more variations in a SP or kit, or in EP or GP’s. I think we will get the base game update just before we get werewolves, and when werewolves come out, I bet they will throw some extra body hair In a werewolves pack too, to entice people not necessarily into occult’s to buy the pack. I hope they put a lot of new hairstyles in a werewolves pack too.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2021
    Lack of pink !

Not sure which packs you have installed but there’s plenty of pink available for males.

In my opinion there’s no lack of pink at all, but I don’t wear it and my male sims rarely do so what do I know?? Pink swatches galore though.

However there’s clearly a lack of male content and at this point it’s a ...Cant believe I’m saying this: joke.

Take that 90s leisure KIT for example. This would have been a perfect opportunity to add some more stuff for males, but surprise surprise, the ladies get 4 crop tops (what’s this odd obsession with crop tops???) , 5 bottoms and 3 full body outfits.

Let’s see what the boys get: 2 tops. 1 bottom. 0 full body outfits and a hat and shoes to share with the rest of the family. Couldn’t even get him a pair of MC Hammer Pants. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why I ask. Why?

So much for inclusion and gender balance. Here’s something else I rarely say: LOL.

Not.

Inclusion and gender balance that will be the day their idea of inclusion is tossing in a afro every month patch and adding in 80 or so dark skin tones not bothering to even add in more light skin or medium tones the selection is horrible and they don't care either because the Twitter warriors only care about dark skin tones as if they would ever even attempt equality especially with men.

Its their loss when they make a pack like the 90s pack and it basically has no male content I'm not buying it though their color choices did not hurt either. People complain a lot about the Sims 3 store but the one good thing is I could go and get hair and outfits for my male Sims not having to buy the endless content for females as the game has always supplied more than enough.

header10.jpg
    Oh a barber shop would be amazing maybe we would finally get a better selection of beards and stubble.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    agreed, the clothes for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    oh and voices.....I don't like the men voices that much, it needs an update.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Lack of pink !

Why I ask. Why?

Not.

Inclusion and gender balance that will be the day their idea of inclusion is tossing in a afro every month patch and adding in 80 or so dark skin tones not bothering to even add in more light skin or medium tones the selection is horrible and they don't care either because the Twitter warriors only care about dark skin tones as if they would ever even attempt equality especially with men.

Its their loss when they make a pack like the 90s pack and it basically has no male content I'm not buying it though their color choices did not hurt either. People complain a lot about the Sims 3 store but the one good thing is I could go and get hair and outfits for my male Sims not having to buy the endless content for females as the game has always supplied more than enough.

header10.jpg
    Oh a barber shop would be amazing maybe we would finally get a better selection of beards and stubble.
    Just a note..... the women’s pants look fine on the men too, I thought.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would love a men's pack. More beard options, body hair, and some basic jeans, or just basics in general.

Also would love for male child sims and male toddler sims to have some basic clothing options as well. And hair, more hair...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2021
    I went on The Sims Resource (TSR) just to see who the cc creators on TSR are making the most content for. Here are the results:

The-Sims-Resource.jpg

So, I'm not surprised that men get less content. Not saying it is fair or anything; it just is what it is. When I'm shopping for CAS cc, I personally spend way more time shopping for female CAS cc.

If they did do something for men, it would most likely come in a kit. :#
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Sure. Seen simmers wanting traditionally masculine task, and more C.A.S. Sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I'm sure there will be back lash, some times things like this can translate to wanting less for women in other's eyes. Should have base game C.A.S. And the option for party bachelor, pack for more C.A.S. And cooler party bachelor. This update, pack, would be awesome for PS4 I can't have mods for this.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    We need body hair for men and trousers and Jean's past their ankles 😂, I personally dont think we need a full stuff pack for men, although I understand this thread

Every body would benefit from those trousers! Always wonder why they make this so short... :D
    They could still put some stuff for women in it, and it shouldn't literally be named stuff pack for men, it could simply focus more on men for just once, giving women a backseat for this single pack, with their content being the afterthought one time.

Men have been in the backseat since launch and in every single expansion, game pack, stuff pack and every Sim even moves and acts in a more feminine way regardless of gender.

Heck I'd also welcome some traits that might simulate a more stereotypical male experience.. like a trait that makes a sim less prone to changing emotions.
    Then again traits is a whole other discussion to have since all of them are pretty meaningless and all sims have the same personality anyway.

edited April 2021
    Men Stuff... Build a handyman's lair.
    (The Handiness skill really need more decorative objects)

They could also add the Mechanic career and Quad/Motocross hobbies.

fh10se10.jpg
    wall-g10.jpg

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited April 2021
    IDK why gender politics has to come in to it. Players of any type can have sims of any gender use it. Maybe call it, 'Traditionally thought of as masculine but really any sim can use it Stuff Pack', with a slightly smaller header of, 'Players gender does not effect ability to buy or use this pack'. SMH.

I'm happy for my male sims to knit or clean or whatever when the personality I make up in my head for them suits them and really, it's most of my male sims. Nevertheless, the rare few I would like to be stereotypically jock types would appreciate some man cave stuff.

AND JEANS THAT REACH DOWN TO THEIR FEET.
    edited April 2021
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'm not sure at 100% but I think MMO RPG give as much content for both genders.

They've been getting better, but a lot of the stuff for women in MMO's and CRPG's is really sexualized. So while the content may be equal, the usability depends on how much of an issue you have with chain bikini's counting as "armor"
    What other games do is their business though, I know with other games it's often enough the other way around with less good content for women.
    But this is all about the sims, a series known to neglect men for a long time, it already started with sims 2 where women already got way better options for separate top and bottom parts. And it's gone downhill ever since.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I agree with more masculine stuff in the game, as it's really unbalance with the feminine. However, why is this discussion turning into "we men need more stuff for us in the game" is beyond me. I play with all kinds of sims and use all kinds of clothes. So I'd welcome addition of masculine items for my sims that prefer masculine fashion. As for other stuff, like the mentioned car tinkering, I'd love that. And my sims would make use of this traditionally masculine hobby regardless of their gender.

But I think the trend of the Sims mirrors the real world. There is an abundance of feminine clothes in the stores, while not as much men-targeted fashion.

I'd love the addition of body hair and shaving. Here again I disagree with some of the posters that say hair for men. I want body hair for all sims. Women have body hair too.

The animations, that someone called "feminine", don't bug me at all. I think they are not supposed to be feminine, but overly dramatic. Think theatre acting. It's been like that since TS1. No one IRL flirts like sims do. It's just overacted for amusement. Also subtle flirting would not be so obvious in the game.

I'm sure there would be backlash if they call it "manly man stuff pack" or something like that. But there is a backlash for everything TS lately. But most people would still welcome it. The loudest people doesn't equal majority. When EL was announced, everywhere on the internet people were complaining. But I have yet to find someone who actually plays the expansion that would hate it.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head