Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It's not looking good for a Gamepack since we only have 2 more weeks in April and it hasn't been announced yet so here is what I see for May. Maxis will most likely give us a Gameplay Kit in May to tide us over to to the June Expansion Pack to prevent a drought from happening. April has the patch with free content coming so May would be the filler with a Kit and June for the Expansion Pack.

May would be a great time for a Pool Kit just about a month before Summer.

I just want news even if we have to wait till june for anything I want to know what in the works
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I’m thinking we may not get a game pack, especially if they are working on freed babies and a generations pack. But for some reason I feel a big pack might be coming out the end of May. If Farming comes out at the end of the year I’m thinking a horse game pack will come out close to that ( of course thay might wait on that because of the fiasco they had with my first pet stuff.....by the way which I loved. It should have been brought out before cats and dogs, not after ). I would love a Romance/getaway thief pack too though it they do happen to put out a game pack close to this expansion.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope something is announced this week.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    They said kits would help with the droughts but they don’t IMO 😭
    Simskrista wrote: »

So far though no kits have released yet.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »

They shouldn't have released 3 kits at the same time...that was probably the issue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    With the April patch coming next week, I would assume no pack will be released until after the May patch (pre-release patch). We may still be a few weeks away from any sort of announcement.
    Holiday wrote: »
    With the April patch coming next week, I would assume no pack will be released until after the May patch (pre-release patch). We may still be a few weeks away from any sort of announcement.

Surly a Kit will be released in Early May if not next week. They promised kits for the dry months.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2021

How do you know it's coming next week? Did the Gurus confirm that and I just didn't see???
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

How do you know it's coming next week? Did the Gurus confirm that and I just didn't see???

Nope. They didn’t say anything about when the next patch is. They could even skip the April patch and wait till May for all we know.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    I don't think there will be another Gamepack before August now. EP is out in June.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I don't mean this to sound impatient (promise) but I would have thought that releasing Kits regularly (initially) would have been an ideal money making practice and generate interest in Kits where there's a drought of information on upcoming packs which is what they were advertised as.
    At the moment the general vibe in the community is on the potential "Generations" pack which may not even happen and patches to fix the game and less on the Kits.

Personally I'm not cross nor disappointed as I would prefer them to prioritise the fixes and improvements. But it does nothing to quash the fans who thought Kits were a bad idea....

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Kits were supposed to make up for content droughts but I think it didn't go over too well with the community (price & more) then when they were released the kits were and one still is broken, to some of us (which is why I say we need more toggles).

I think they need to figure out how much content to put in a kit and make sure it is fixed before release because Bust the Dust makes me not want any more kits when it was so disgustingly broken even though it was basically one gameplay aspect.
    I expect another gameplay kit to be broken upon release if they do another one. Honestly, I'd rather get anything but a kit. Bug fixes, pack updates/ additions like adding more stuff to the calendar and give bikes to kids.

As for the gamepack, I want a werewolf gamepack. It's long overdue. Which could come out just before the expansion in June or shortly after. If they are going to E3(or whatever they are calling it due to the pandemic) then they'll probably announce 3 packs like when IL & ROM. Just thinking..
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    Kits were supposed to make up for content droughts but I think it didn't go over too well with the community (price & more) then when they were released the kits were and one still is broken, to some of us (which is why I say we need more toggles).

I think they need to figure out how much content to put in a kit and make sure it is fixed before release because Bust the Dust makes me not want any more kits when it was so disgustingly broken even though it was basically one gameplay aspect.
    I expect another gameplay kit to be broken upon release if they do another one. Honestly, I'd rather get anything but a kit. Bug fixes, pack updates/ additions like adding more stuff to the calendar and give bikes to kids.

As for the gamepack, I want a werewolf gamepack. It's long overdue. Which could come out just before the expansion in June or shortly after. If they are going to E3(or whatever they are calling it due to the pandemic) then they'll probably announce 3 packs like when IL & ROM. Just thinking..

I think they learned their lesson with the Dust Kit. I think they'll test kits much better now before releasing them. In the mean time no announcement of any kind was made today on Twitter. The silence is killing me. I still think next week we'll get a Livestream Announcement for the Patch. I do think there will be a LS cause the patch will have new content. Already leaks suggest sectional sofas and a new trait slot then there are those 2 new hairstyles and the black hair color.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I think they learned their lesson with the Dust Kit. I think they'll test kits much better now before releasing them. In the mean time no announcement of any kind was made today on Twitter. The silence is killing me. I still think next week we'll get a Livestream Announcement for the Patch. I do think there will be a LS cause the patch will have new content. Already leaks suggest sectional sofas and a new trait slot then there are those 2 new hairstyles and the black hair color.

There's 6 new hair swatches not just a black hair color.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There's 6 new hair swatches not just a black hair color.

Even better.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I don't think there will be another Gamepack before August now. EP is out in June.

Same here. I would have like a GP in spring but I think the moment has passed. The next pack (excluding kits) will probably be an EP in June.

I am a bit surprised by the Kits. I thought we would have gotten one by now, or at least an announcement. Perhaps they are making changes due to the many simmers complaining about the price tag
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm hoping for a kit with the next patch... but honestly, I'm kinda hoping for a kit with every patch that's not a pre-pack patch.

But yeah, the next pack overall will probably be the June Expansion pack. Unless, for whatever reason, they decide to push that back to July and release a Game pack in May, but I'm not holding my breath.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a kit with the next patch... but honestly, I'm kinda hoping for a kit with every patch that's not a pre-pack patch.

But yeah, the next pack overall will probably be the June Expansion pack. Unless, for whatever reason, they decide to push that back to July and release a Game pack in May, but I'm not holding my breath.

If that was the case they'd release in August as an EP has never been released in July.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    I have been starved for news for the past week now. I just want something to nibble on.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited April 2021
    It looks as if Maxis is waiting for the FY21 financial results.

Depending on what Andrew Wilson will announce to the investors on May 11th. The fate of The Sims is in his hands.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hoping we'll get some sort of announcement early May like last year, so only a couple weeks away. Last year they started teasing Eco Lifestyle on May 2nd, and we're currently on the same pack release schedule so I'm expecting to start hearing more about the next expansion at the start of the month :)
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    We're facing another Sims drought... at this point they can announce a toilet kit and id buy lol.
  • EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all ! 😀
    I have also been waiting for several months for the release of new content (apart from the kits !) And I fear that now, we will not have an announcement before the beginning of May like last year for an extension ... Hope for the farm or something to do with the generations (although the gurus said they would keep us posted). I agree with you @Onverser ... You made me laugh @simmietime ! I could buy a toilet too. I ended up buying for Batuu... Yes... 😉 Bye !
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited April 2021
    I hope we won't be getting an EP that is as bugged as Eco Living was/is.

But in the end, no one can blame EA for releasing unfinished and buggy packs when we're all still buying them.

To my defence, I didn't buy EcoLiving and Batuu.
    But I did buy the Country Kitchen Kit and I'm interested in getting Bust the Dust, so I cannot say EA didn't get plenty of my money.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen