Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 will be a Reboot

doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
Just think about this when Maxis/EA put up a job posting to the Sims4 they say Sims 4 but there are the other job postings the just say The Sims. I have been wondering why the 2 job different job postings. Now it could just be Sims 4 specific and more general Sims stuff but the passions that they were advertising for relating to The Sims were not the positions you would advertise for if you ere just updating a current game also should you would use a denotation The Sims 4 so I think the job postings for the Sims were for a new Sims game but as a reboot (like Doom2016) it will just be called the Sims it will in effect be the Sims 5 just not called that just calling it The Sims as a reboot that is something the franchise needs.

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    When the job postings say "The Sims" it just means they'll be hired to work on The Sims franchise. Not all TS4 jobs are specifically marked as "The Sims 4". There have been plenty jobs that were for TS4 but the job listing only said "The Sims".
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2021
    SimCity (2013) isn't a reboot of SimCity (1989).
    Need For Speed (2015) isn't a reboot of Need For Speed (1994).

The most of time they get rid of the number for marketing reasons.

macOS instead of macOS 11 or XI
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Also the Assassin's Creed Series. When Assassin's Creed IV came out in 2013, it become the last numbered AC Title because by 2014 next gen is coming and new players are going to play next gen. Since the Historical Part aside from Assassin's Creed 2 Ezio Trilogy can be played without missing anything, they dropped the number and go straight to Assassin's Creed Unity. That way, new players won't have the impression that they have to play each game before buying the latest one.

It will also become weird. If all the mainline series was numbered, it would have been Assassin's Creed 10 by now, and it will be hard to market especially since the last three games are prequels.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Both SimCity’13 and NFS’15 are reboots. SimCity was literally a dead franchise until EA rebooted the franchise as an online multiplayer game. NFS reboot was an always online game unlike the ones before it. It’s more than marketing that classifies those games as reboots instead of sequels, or spin offs.

OSX -> macOS is just branding. It’s not like you’re getting a completely new operating system when you update from one to the next.

Sims 5 will totally be a reboot. Best way to curtail expectations is to make it clear the game won’t be bound to the way previous games did things. Sims 4 is a literal sequel that’s been treated like a reboot and that’s why so many people have issues with it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Each Sims game is a reboot. I don't see them dropping the numbers just yet.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pretty much the Sims 5 plan so far is making a Sims Online reboot according the CEO Andrew Wilson:
    https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/ea-confirm-next-generation-the-sims-5/

"Typically, what The Sims has done is really focus on fulfilling the motivations of inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement, and not necessarily focus as much on social interaction and competition."

"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition - like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I hope we get sims 5 and a reboot of sims online (they get to make their sims online reboot and the sims 5 can still happen)

Granted EA and Maxis need to get their mojo back, sims 4 is fun in bursts but sims 1 changed gaming, sims 2 made such an impact people are playing it years later (and it’s the best sims game for many) and sims 3 despite not being able to run on computers, as well as prior games only had trouble because computers low end computers weren’t ready to handle everything it had to offer. (Unlike sims 4 which turned the sims into dolls)

Honestly give me the Sims 3 open worlds and lore with Sims 2 charm and depth.

Though if they are actually rebooting this game I hope it will be several years down the line because EA and Maxis need all the time they can get!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2021
    The Sims reboot should be without the Goth family or with an alternative version (For example a lesbian couple).
    In DmC Devil May Cry, Dante isn't the old Dante from the original game.

A reboot could also get rid of some Will Wright's ideas.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Pretty much the Sims 5 plan so far is making a Sims Online reboot according the CEO Andrew Wilson:
    https://www.heart.co.uk/lifestyle/ea-confirm-next-generation-the-sims-5/

"Typically, what The Sims has done is really focus on fulfilling the motivations of inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement, and not necessarily focus as much on social interaction and competition."

"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition - like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."

I really wish they'd abandon this idea that The Sims must be online to be enjoyable. It may work for other types of games, but the sims is different and so are its players. The game is an escape and I believe that most players do not want others intruding on it.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

This is why I gave up on TS5.