The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Vlad Ever Come Back After One Bite?

I've had two sims get bitten before by Vlad, but I'm just wondering does he ever come back?

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I wish I could answer that, but in more than 2000 hours spent on this game, I have yet to have a vampire break in and actually BITE anyone unless I played them and made them do it. Wish I knew how I got such rotten luck with wanting vampires to do that and never having it happen.

Do you just leave your Sim asleep and the vampire breaks in? Do they knock first? The rare times when one even comes by, they always knock and patiently wait and if no one answers, they go away. So I started inviting them in. Then, whether my Sims stayed awake or went back to sleep while the vampire was there, the vampire would just read a book, play computer or chess or watch TV or something til about 4 am and then leave.

Is there something I might be doing to wreck it this way?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    I wish I could answer that, but in more than 2000 hours spent on this game, I have yet to have a vampire break in and actually BITE anyone unless I played them and made them do it. Wish I knew how I got such rotten luck with wanting vampires to do that and never having it happen.

Do you just leave your Sim asleep and the vampire breaks in? Do they knock first? The rare times when one even comes by, they always knock and patiently wait and if no one answers, they go away. So I started inviting them in. Then, whether my Sims stayed awake or went back to sleep while the vampire was there, the vampire would just read a book, play computer or chess or watch TV or something til about 4 am and then leave.

This is exactly what happens in my game. I never have a vampire break in. I did in the past, once or twice when the pack came out. But never ever again...
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member

Actually what happens is Vlad will send your sim a text about "how lovely your neck is..." and he'll show up if your sim isn't a sleep he won't come in, but if your sim is he'll do his creepy dance walk like and come to your sims room which where he will use the mind power to manipulate your sim to wake up.

After that he leaves and never returns.

Actually what happens is Vlad will send your sim a text about "how lovely your neck is..." and he'll show up if your sim isn't a sleep he won't come in, but if your sim is he'll do his creepy dance walk like and come to your sims room which where he will use the mind power to manipulate your sim to wake up.

After that he leaves and never returns.

I wish my game would do that. What happens is, I get the "nice neck" message, then he either never shows up, or he shows up, knocks, waits outside a while, then leaves. Not sure why he never breaks in. I have tried leaving my Sims asleep, and he'd give up and leave after standing at the door, or if I wake up my sim and have them invite him in, he is nice company and even if my sim goes back to sleep, he just leaves around 4 without doing anything. I'm gonna open a new save and have a Sim asleep by 21:00 each night and see if I can get this to work. In fact, to make it a good test, I'll disallow mods first and do it vanilla.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SofiaPlaysSimsSofiaPlaysSims Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Nushnushganay said:
    > I wish I could answer that, but in more than 2000 hours spent on this game, I have yet to have a vampire break in and actually BITE anyone unless I played them and made them do it. Wish I knew how I got such rotten luck with wanting vampires to do that and never having it happen.
    >
    > Do you just leave your Sim asleep and the vampire breaks in? Do they knock first? The rare times when one even comes by, they always knock and patiently wait and if no one answers, they go away. So I started inviting them in. Then, whether my Sims stayed awake or went back to sleep while the vampire was there, the vampire would just read a book, play computer or chess or watch TV or something til about 4 am and then leave.
    >
    > Is there something I might be doing to wreck it this way?

I can answer that. Usually my two sims are asleep, and Vlad comes to the front door. He uses his vampire magic to open it, then compels one of my sims out of bed. He drinks the plasma then leaves.
    > @Nushnushganay said:
    > I wish I could answer that, but in more than 2000 hours spent on this game, I have yet to have a vampire break in and actually BITE anyone unless I played them and made them do it. Wish I knew how I got such rotten luck with wanting vampires to do that and never having it happen.
    >
    > Do you just leave your Sim asleep and the vampire breaks in? Do they knock first? The rare times when one even comes by, they always knock and patiently wait and if no one answers, they go away. So I started inviting them in. Then, whether my Sims stayed awake or went back to sleep while the vampire was there, the vampire would just read a book, play computer or chess or watch TV or something til about 4 am and then leave.
    >
    > Is there something I might be doing to wreck it this way?

I can answer that. Usually my two sims are asleep, and Vlad comes to the front door. He uses his vampire magic to open it, then compels one of my sims out of bed. He drinks the plasma then leaves.

I wish this had ever happened once in any of my games or saves. I'm going to try again, while all my mods are removed, now, before updating any, in a new save, and see if the Vampire gods smile upon me this time. Fingers crossed! Vlad always knocks, never breaks in, so I have to invite him in, or he just knocks, waits, and leaves. So sad!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I came back to report having started a new game after removing my mods folder. I was pleased that Caleb came knocking the first night. But that's all he did, was knock and wait. As he was looking ready to leave, I had a Sim wake up and let him in, then went back to bed. Caleb took out the trash, watched TV, and left.

The next night, we got a visit from Vlad! He also knocked politely, and waited. I gave it a chance, but he was about to leave also, so I had a Sim invite him in. I put both my Sims back to bed, but Vlad decided TV was better. He left without taking a drink from the sleeping sims.

Neither of them attempted to break in.
    I want to try it again but I feel like I have a curse. I want vampires to act like vampires in my game, so of course they act like well-trained poodles.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @Nushnushganay you have to have your sims asleep and get a random text from Vlad.
    @Nushnushganay you have to have your sims asleep and get a random text from Vlad.

I"m gonna try again, then! I keep hoping to have a normal Vampire experience in this game. Hoping I can manage it this time! Mods off, gonna watch that clock and make sure they're asleep by 8! Wish me luck!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    It's probably just my luck, but up until the update for Snowy Escape that added the ability to add "No Trespass- Vampires", Vlad would literally come and bite one of my Sims EVERY NIGHT...

I played for 4-5 generations, and every sim in the household EXCEPT MY HEIR (my luck) would not get bitten even once. Every single night, long lifespan, 4-5 generations... It drove me crazy to the point I used MCCC to "Humanize All Vampires"!
    edited May 2021
    Great news! After 2000+ hours of gameplay on Sims4, I finally did it, got Vlad to come bite my sim at night! It was so cool watching him do that silly "creepy" walk, and amusing that my Sim, who had gone to bed after skinny dipping, was still in the buff when Vlad dragged him out of bed. I had assumed he would be in pajama pants, which is his normal sleep outfit but never fear, pixels were there (because I disabled all mods).

I was also surprised that Vlad didn't turn into his Dark Form at all...unless his Dark Form has been changed and is no longer the bald Nosferatu-looking creature he used to turn into?

Anyway, it finally happened for me in game! Huzzah! ETA: Vlad also said he was stuffed, but that this Sim was so delicious, he'd be coming back for more when he was ready. Nice bonus, this sim has Delicious Plasma so I can have more Vladdy visits.

UKvT19D.png

xicwqMCm.jpg