Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to the gallery

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What would you change if you could?

I dont own much dlc and i rely heavily on the gallery for lots. But so many people own majority of dlc so its near impossible downloading a lot without having invisible objects, walls, plants, wallpaper etc that belongs to a pack I dont own.

I also try using the filters. If i put for example dine out, they will show lots that include dine out AND and other dlc. I want it to show lots that exclude all others except dine out. Otherwise the filter is useless to me.

Most of the time i just have to use "base game only" to find stuff.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Tweak the packs filter for sure. Even when you select to only show owned packs used, it still shows others as well.
    I would also like a world filter and a rooms filter. And maybe even an extra hashtag.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member

I dont own much dlc and i rely heavily on the gallery for lots. But so many people own majority of dlc so its near impossible downloading a lot without having invisible objects, walls, plants, wallpaper etc that belongs to a pack I dont own.

I also try using the filters. If i put for example dine out, they will show lots that include dine out AND and other dlc. I want it to show lots that exclude all others except dine out. Otherwise the filter is useless to me.

It's a marketing tactic. They want you to see beautiful builds that have stuff you don't own so you will buy it.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

It's a marketing tactic. They want you to see beautiful builds that have stuff you don't own so you will buy it.

Yeah but it only aggravates me not motivates me lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sort by pack filter would be nice. It would be nice to filter out if a cheat like MOO and motherlode were used too. I would like a sort by lot size, monochrome verses color filter, a dark mode option, and being able to upload outfit filter. I would like to be able to filter based on household size too. Filter for supernaturals would be nice too to turn it on or off in the Gallery.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited April 2021
    As I mainly upload stuff these are some things id like:

1. changing cover/first picture when uploading a lot... or anything really

there is times view is ruined by random objects from street blocking the view or its positioned weirdly so you can't get whole house in image or its like side of the house or something instead of front which just doesn't really give people best idea of what the house looks like

i would at very least like to be able to choose which side of lot picture is taken

but it'd be even better if i could use screenshot of choice for the cover/first photo if default is not working out
    (though i do maybe understand why it is not realistically possible cause possibility of misuse of that function)

2. possibility to choose which of your uploads show up on front page of your profile (those 4 spots that keep changing)

or organizing all your uploads showing order like "creators order" with filter or such

it just be nice way to showcase your best stuff for anyone wandering in

3.tick box for whether or not your lot/room uses moveobjects cheat and search filter for it

for people who don't like it to filter it out

and also as creator it just be neater and easier to tick box than write "please turn on moomoo" everytime you upload a thing

4. played tick box + search filter for it also be nice

5. uploading apartments as whole cause i swear its pain to do it as rooms
    especially with now having platforms

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's been almost 5 years since City Living, and we still can't properly upload apartments.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi @Simmingal just wanted you to know that you can change your gallery pictures by using the ( Sims 4 Tray Importer )
    Here is the link to the download if you want to use it but your lots will not get faved by maxis. You can take a nice in game screenshot of your lots.
    https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/
    Post edited by jaunty on
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • RiverNixRiverNix Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2021
    I would really like them to take another look at their banned words/names list.

Current example that's irritating me: I can't upload the Ayase Family from Yotsuba&! because the middle daughter's name is Fuuka (ふうか if it ends up getting censored here later). It's not inappropriate language, it's a common enough name to have an English wiki page. I've run into several other popular names the gallery will not accept. Some folks are awful yes and will try to get around the block list with alternative spellings but some of these are really a stretch.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I would really like them to take another look at their banned words/names list.

Current example that's irritating me: I can't upload the Ayase Family from Yotsuba&! because the middle daughter's name is Fuuka (ふうか if it ends up getting censored here later). It's not inappropriate language, it's a common enough name to have an English wiki page. I've run into several other popular names the gallery will not accept. Some folks are awful yes and will try to get around the block list with alternative spellings but some of these are really a stretch.

Oh, it's extremely overzealous, there's been times when I've had to comb through my descriptions for 5 minutes trying to find the so-called inappropriate language I used. Same goes for this forum, which I suspect uses the same set of banned words.

I've made some not-very-nice Sims, and I've been told that I can't call them "j e r k s" because somehow that is considered foul language. It's utterly ridiculous.
    wJbomAo.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It's been almost 5 years since City Living, and we still can't properly upload apartments.

Yes! When are they going to support this? Considering we can't build our own apartments, we have to work with the exterior of the same buildings over and over, why not supporting a better way to upload/download apartments?