Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my April 16th post above! I apologize for it, but I won't be able to do comments until late this afternoon/early evening. I took way too long to write this and now I need to get some sleep. o.O Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited April 2021
    Update 106 - Words of reassurance

oy4kGCb.png

Notes:
    Jules was totally over this party. She didn't feel great after kissing so many people, even if nearly all of them had been part of a game. She was on her way to search for Farrah to tell her she was headed out, when she overheard her name in conversation, causing her to stop short.

"...and then Madelyn told me that she saw Jules sneak Terrell out of the bathroom one night. Can you even imagine? I heard she already has one kid, she's gonna get herself pregnant again at this rate...what a sl**."
    1gUTd5S.png

Jules didn't stay around to hear any more. Her chest twisted into an uncomfortable knot, and it took all her strength not to immediately burst into tears. She walked out into the night, not sure where she was headed. She just knew she couldn't stay there any longer.
    W7PAA0J.png

She walked aimlessly around town before heaving out a sob, letting her tears fall freely.
    2YHHCmJ.png

"Jules?"

She looked up to Emmett walking toward her from the direction of the town library.
    rauRzg4.png

"What wrong?" Emmett asked, stepping closer to her. "Did someone hurt you?" His voice was thick with concern and a touch of anger.
    CIqSZNM.png

Jules opened her mouth to speak, but she only began to cry again. Emmett wrapped her in a fierce and protective hug, holding her close, and for a moment, everything felt right in the world again.
    ffPcUt8.png

He led her over to a nearby bench, letting her catch her breath as she began to tell him everything.
    cd5OywY.jpg

"It's just...I feel like I've made so many mistakes," she concluded, her throat still tight. "What if Eva was right? What if I really am just a sl**." She repeated the ugly word, more tears welling in her eyes.
    wkKaq6c.jpg

Emmett reached to place a comforting hand against her arm. "It's taking all my willpower not to go back to that house and give Eva - and whoever else is spreading this nasty gossip - a piece of my mind," he said fiercely. "They have no right to talk like that, and I'm furious that their words are hurting you so much. Jules, you know you are so much more than your mistakes or short comings. You have to believe that. You're an incredibly strong woman who has been through a lot recently. None of us are perfect, and part of life is all about making mistakes and growing stronger from them, and no one should shame you for that."
    31vcI5C.jpg

What had she done to deserve a friend like Emmett? No matter how strained things were between them at times, he always pulled through and knew just the right thing to say. She gladly melted against him as he pulled her into another reassuring hug.
    aM2RSy9.jpg

After a little while, Jules' eyes began to flutter with exhaustion. They rose from the bench, and Emmett wrapped a supportive arm around her waist. "Come on, I'll walk you home."

Meanwhile...
    While Emmett was off being studious at the library, his girlfriend was not on good behavior....

sB1qJyA.png
    balceMm.png

Yep, that's Mario's cousin, Toby - also Emmett's roommate. They're successfully sneaking around for now, but I'm sure this affair will eventually come out in the open...

I gave Brittany the "noncommittal" trait when she aged up, so this was bound to happen eventually ;)
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 17
    PnlKKik.png

Bryons Diary
    We're about to visit the doctor. Naoki’s colleague gave us an address... But it got us to a... Weird place.

(Bryon) “Ehm... Are we sure we’re at the right place?”
    (Naoki) “Yes, this is it! Don’t you see the hospital sign?
    (Bryon) “Oh boy...”

3DDPfJm.png
    We stepped inside the ‘hospital’. This is fishy.

(Bryon) “Is that... Yoda??”
    (Naoki) “Heh, it is! So cute!!”

dWgiiYh.png
    There was like a little cabinet, which was the waiting room. My rational self doesn’t like this place at all. Why would someone recommend this?!

gk9sXrT.png
    Naoki on the other side seemed really proud that he found this place without my help, so I figured I should just keep my guard up for the time being.

LzXBOBM.png
    A female purple figure with blue hair then came out.

(Doctor) “Naoki Saito?”
    (Naoki) “Yes, that’s me!!”

I still don’t trust any of this.

JYF8eGZ.png
    While I just sat there on the chair, grumbling about how fishy this all is, Naoki was all fired up for the examination.

Ftgib73.png
    (Doctor) “No worries. This wont hurt.”

yLOsLRC.png
    (Doctor) “Well well. Congratulations!”
    (Naoki) “What?”
    (Doctor) “Not one, but two alien babies!!!”

1R9J2LH.png
    (Naoki) “So.. You are saying.. I’m really pregnant...? With... Twins...?”
    (Doctor) “Isn’t it wonderful?! Oh, I’m so happy for you!”

BN3usbT.png
    (Bryon) “Wait a second!”
    (Doctor) “Whoa!”

DQ1Jsvv.png
    (Bryon) “Do you have ANY idea what you’re saying?? That’s MY boyfriend over there, you know? How can a guy possibly have babies?! Explain!”
    (Doctor) “Please calm down. I’ll explain.”

RNA98mf.png
    And so the doctor explained that she's actually an alien too (explains the purple skin), that this is an alien hospital (explains the fishyness) and that how in the alien world (apparently named Sixam) it’s tradition that not females, but males get pregnant. It’s different from a normal pregnancy, since they have a lot of advanced technologies to make this happen without any problems for the male.

JX9ZhWh.png
    (Bryon) “Okay. Assume I believe you. What next?”
    (Doctor) “Naoki just has to come to his doctor appoints with me so I can check up once in a while. Everything will be fine.”
    (Bryon) “This place is a little too far away for us to come that often. Can you come to our place instead for those check-ups? It’ll make Naoki feel more comfortable too.”
    (Doctor) “Well, if you wish...”

znkuHqV.png
    (Bryon) “That’s settled then.”

gFZ92hD.png
    (Naoki) “Thank you so much for your hospitality, doctor.”
    (Doctor) “No problem at all. I’ll see you back at your place in a week then, Naoki. If something happens, call me.”
    (Naoki) “Of course, I will. Have a nice day!"
    (Doctor) "You too."

7MyhuHd.png
    (Naoki) “You okay? You were really tense back there.”
    (Bryon) “I’m sorry. I just.. Didn’t like the atmosphere.”
    (Naoki) “It was a bit crowded, indeed... Good thing to let the doctor come to our place.”

CgrFi4d.png
    (Naoki) “So... Twins...”
    (Bryon) “Oh please, don’t talk about that.”
    (Naoki) “Why not? We’re going to be parents now!”
    (Bryon) “Why are you suddenly so exited?”
    (Naoki) “Because the doctor assured me everything would be alright!”
    (Bryon) “You are unbelievable... You know that, right?”
    (Naoki) “I know, but you like that, right?”

And so, I slowly got to the senses that we, a gay couple, were actually on our way to become parents... Of alien twin babies. So weird.

Behind the scenes
    Do you still remember these people? As you can see, the doctor is actually part of this group. Of course, Anas is behind this. Also... Naoki's 'colleague' is actually the last person in line (right). IT'S ALL PLANNED! (of course, he's in his disguise when at work)

DGahNhR.png

---

4nZZnN9.png
    (Anas) “So, Naoki and Bryon came here for a check-up, and they have twins?”
    (Noelle) “Yes. It’s going even better than we thought it would. I do have to go to their place for the other check-ups.”
    (Anas) “That’s okay. Just make sure that the babies stay healthy, and keep reporting to me.”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    April 17
    4NJgvyE.png
    On Friday late night and basically all through Saturday and even into Sunday Roxanne tutored. I think this was the worst part of the aspiration for me. It was so grindy and to me and it took way too long for each tutoring session. I didn't time it precisely but what? At least 5 hours a pop? I could have understood two hours... but sheesh. Anyway, she did get through the 5 students and I was so ready to quit playing. I guess your suppose to draw this part of the aspiration out maybe.. but since I didn't look ahead to see what came next I just barreled through it.
    On Sunday morning she contributed knowledge again to a research archive machine and already had her research and debate skill maxed so two dings happened quickly. All that's left is to earn a degree and get a job using the degree.
    She also was promoted to "Playermaker" on Saturday after practice which is the top level for soccer so she won't need to chance getting hurt playing anymore. Time to slack off and just do all those mountains of school work! I hope the Pro Athlete Career rank 5 is still available to her later if I don't choose to do that right away. I'm pretty sure it will be.
    XyZb0ir.png
    rg1ITdh.png
    egTcBMc.png
    @SoulGal7
    For the last two posts... You really know how to make me go back and forth here. They all seem to be good people. But the heart wants what it wants.. This is a very good love triangle. It really is hard to root for anyone because someone good is going to be hurt. I still see Wolfgang as more of a match because of the passion felt ... lol but in real life that fades a bit. Personalities have to mesh. Mostly I love Wolfgang's family as you have made them and his unflagging support and determination to help her, even if that means denying himself and that just seems like such a true love story to me. Your story really did make me break out the kleenex!
    @Karababy52
    I can almost hear the violin in your shots it is a beautiful place for a wedding! Also thanks for the "chesty" shots!
    @permanentrose
    Ohhhh the sl** word pops out! Anndd further ohhh about Brittany sneaking around!
    I like how you had Emmett respond to Jules pain though. Giving me those good feels for him!
    Also the tears cc is great. I don't use cc and don't plan on starting but for telling a story it's perfect.
    @Skeilah
    What a great set up an alien hospital for an alien baby... opps make that babies! Love the way you used the alien powers as a diagnostic tool for that scene!
    Oh man of course it can't just run smoothly... can't wait to see what evil plan is hatched lol.
    egTcBMc.png
    @Hermitgirl
    Oh man, I'm really not looking forward to the tutoring part of the aspiration. 5 hours each time??? Nice work on plowing through all those stages with Roxanne though. It's nice to be able to play without those milestones hovering over your head

@Skeilah
    Your update made me chuckle - I loved that Naoki was eager to trust and accept what they said, while Bryon was skeptical as usual. These two are such a cute pair and they end up complimenting each other so well. That hospital build was a good find too, I loved baby Yoda just walking up the stairs :D And the plot behind the scenes thickens...I love that your story is always throwing us for twists and turns :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh man, I'm getting more torn between Kiyoshi and Wolfgang each time you post. Kiyoshi is really redeeming himself, and I feel like things are actually starting to work between them again. I guess only time will tell. Being separated isn't going to be easy, they already struggled with that. How much longer is Kiyoshi at training camp? Will Wolfgang be attending university with her? I feel like those two factors might determine her final choice :)

@Karababy52
    Wow, that daily shot is truly gorgeous and magical! Nice angle, only getting that gorgeous sky in the background, I can almost picture that Essa has truly just lost herself in her music and this is what it looks like instead her mind, if that makes sense.

Aw, that's too bad you forgot a nice camera and easel. I keep forgetting to put an easel in Jules' inventory, but she keeps her nice digital camera in her inventory, as does Dell, so I can try to get some pictures on the go when I think of it. I think it's a really great idea for them to get married there, and I'm glad you've chosen to have her come back here for it! Is there an editable lot space that you can put a wedding arch where you need it? I still know nothing about this world, sorry, haha.

Cute that Josh talks to his brothers so much. And I like that when you had Essa use the "show photos" animation, it was to show her picture sof Mt. Komorebi. Also sweet that L offered to let Josh call her 'mom' too, especially since he lost his parents too. And wow, you just dropped a whole backstory for Josh in one line unless I missed that in another update. So sad they never came back from Selvadorada....unless they are still there, lost in the jungles...and Josh and Essa might find them one day :)
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 17: "It's over, Beautiful."

FfwfjdI.png

Notes
    oQkuWJ1.png
    Back home Sunday late afternoon/early evening, Essa finished her homework and then did some studying for finals the next day. Josh was intrigued by the Robotics research he'd done on the machine in the Commons and decided he wanted to learn more. He bought some skill books and kept himself occupied with those while Essa continued to study.

Essa went to the basement to take care of the garden and hang some photographs she'd taken before visiting the Realm. She heard Josh enter the Art Gallery room and turned around to see him pointing a weird looking gun at her.

"It's over, Beautiful. I know you know I'm an alien and plan to tell the government. I can't let that happen. You'll never take me alive!"

HHpxyWp.png
    "AHHHHHH! NOOOOO! Oh-- well your puny gun didn't hurt at all. I'm immune to your powers as a Spellcaster. You'll have to fight me to the death before I'll let you go."

Q15a0F4.png
    *BIFF* *WHAM* *POW* *BANG* *KAPOW*
    "Take that alien scum!"
    "I'm bigger, I'm stronger...and...and...okay, that's enough. That was fun! Wow, you're really good at this roleplaying/acting thing."
    "Did I hurt you?"
    Josh just gave her a questioning look with one eyebrow raised and a smirk on his lips.
    "Okay, silly question. Hey, let's go for a walk around the neighborhood. I haven't taken many night time shots."

A7El7Ig.png
    "I bet that's a great shot, with the ducks, the bridge and the canal boat."
    "Thanks, I've never seen that boat in the river before, have you?"
    "Nope, I haven't. Pretty cool though."

The couple went home after strolling a little while longer. Essa stayed up to do more studying and Josh went to bed.

0pn1Qfa.png
    Essa took both her finals the next day and she felt confident she did well on them. Now, just as twice before, it was a waiting game. This time was the last though. Hopefully her grades were good enough to graduate.

Josh read more of his robotics guide and Essa decided to paint.

wXBo0Zf.png
    Essa was hungry and asked if Josh wanted anything. He said he was fine, so she went downstairs to grab a serving of Chicken Stir Fry and brought it back up to the stair landing. When she was finished and went to take care of her plate, her final Uni grades arrived.

auH7oTX.png
    All A+s again! Essa would graduate with an A+ 4.0 grade point average. She was sure now that she'd earned a Distinguished Degree in Fine Arts and most likely with honors. To celebrate and relax, they decided to have a soak in the hot tub and listen to some music.

fVxm1t1.png
    "What a great idea... I can't believe it's over. It seemed to go by so fast. Thanks again Josh, I couldn't have done this without you."

kWegctI.png
    "Yes, you could've. You didn't really need my help, but I'm glad I could be here to do what I could anyway. You're so smart Beautiful, and I know I keep saying it, but, I'm proud of you."

xfAYe6l.png
    "I love you so much...come here, let me show you."

wuKQgJw.png
    "What time is graduation again?"
    "It's at noon, but I have to be there by 11 a.m. to get my cap and gown and instructions on the ceremony."
    "I wish I could be there to see you accept your diploma."
    "I know, I do too. You can still come, but they won't let you inside."
    "I'll wait for you outside, it's okay."

W3nAL9b.png
    "Oh look at you in your cap and gown. My Beautiful graduate. I remember when you would wear your hair like that. It's cute."
    "Yeah, I guess they thought I needed the clips to keep the cap on."

UklvrMF.png
    Essa led all her classmates waiting with her in a Britchester School Spirit Cheer as Josh stood beside her.

"Let me hear you ROAR! Go Britechester, Beat 'em up, Beat 'em up, RAWR RAWR RAWR!"

dhiMdaC.png
    "Go Britechester! Beat 'em up, Beat 'em up, RAWR RAWR RAWR!"

kpprZbN.png
    And then one by one, they all went inside the stadium until Josh was left all alone outside.

(*Note - this makes me so dang sad! Why can't our Sims' friends/family go in the rabbithole with them? :'( )

KxYykl1.png
    Josh is a trooper though, taking it all in stride, accepting the rules without question. He sat on a nearby bench to wait and studied his Robotics guide until graduation was over.

nTKkA1k.png
    "YIPPEEE! YAY! WOO HOO! WE DID IT! WE DID IT! CONGRATULATIONS EVERYBODY!"

AvSKucp.png
    Josh ran over to give Essa a congratulatory kiss.

1hju9DK.png
    "Congratulations Beautiful! I knew you could do it. How does it feel to be one of the smartest in your class? Maybe the whole school!"
    "I feel great! Especially having you here to share it with me. It wouldn't be as special otherwise."
    "It's my pleasure, I wouldn't have missed this for anything."

yBu81nY.png
    "Wow! Is that real gold and silver?"
    "I don't know, maybe. It's pretty anyway."
    "Love the photo they took, you look fabulous."
    "Thanks...you know what this means don't you? I have to get a job."

EsEM4ee.png
    "I'm so happy for you Beautiful. You don't have to get a job though if you don't want to. We don't need the simoleans."
    "I know, but I want to. Just to see what it's like...maybe."
    "I'll support whatever you decide."
    "You always have, one of the things I love about you."
    "Let's go to bed."
    "Okay, I'm sure you're tired after staying up all night studying the night before finals."
    "I'm not tired Josh..."
    "Oh...OHHH! Well, let's go then, race you!"
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2021
    And her "Big Brother" Joaquin comes to Sakura's rescue with champagne, of course!

March 24 - Joaquin's Visit

all-gone-joaquin.png
    After Kiyoshi had left, Sakura walked back to the house and sat in her garden. She was feeling so down and didn't want to do anything.

sakura-sitting-in-garden.png

She thought she heard someone at the door, and went around to look and found Joaquin lugging a huge garden wagon laden with her gifts. Oh gosh! She had forgotten he was coming over.

Joaquin: "The gift bearer has arrived! Look at all these cadeaux (gifts) you got! Sergio had something to do, so I just loaded this cart and voilà! here I am!"

coming-over-with-gifts.png

Sakura helped Joaquin unload the gifts and thanked him so much for bringing them over. He came in the house carrying two bottles of champagne.

i-am-here-with-the-gifts.png

Joaquin: "Sakura, pardonnez-moi (forgive me) for saying, but you look so pale today. Did your copain (boyfriend) leave already? Maybe that is why you look so sad."

chat-4.png

Sakura: "Yes, he left not too long ago..."

Joaquin: "Oh, pauve (poor) Sakura, you are missing him, non?

Sakura just nodded her head.

Joaquin took out a bottle of champagne and found two glasses in the cupboard, "Come, we will talk all about this copain (boyfriend) together..."

sakura-awkward-face-cover.png

Sakura: "Joaquin, it's 10am in the morning! And my birthday isn't until tomorrow..."

Joaquin: "Sakura...when your anniversaire (birthday) is on a weekend, you celebrate all weekend long. Oui! And the time...well, Sakura, it's always 5:00 o'clock somewhere!" he laughed as he poured two glasses.

joaquin-and-sakura-chat.png

Joaquin: "That boy, Kiyoshi, he is so good-looking and polite. And the girls they all go ga-ga over him. I mean, he is famous Olympic snowboarder. And that Luna, did you see her face when he showed her his muscles? It was like she never saw a boy with muscles before. Ha! It was très drôle (very funny). Look I have the photo here."

chat-3.png

kiyoshi-showing-off-muscles-to-luna.png

Sakura didn't say a word and just looked at the photo in silence.

Joaquin: "Oh, Sakura, do not worry about those girls...your boy only has eyes for you. Oui! I see him follow you with his eyes all night. He is....how you say...smitten...yes...that is the word...with you, Sakura...."

Sakura looked up and started to cry.

sakura-chat-cry.png

Joaquin: "Oh, no, mon petite fille (my little girl), do not do the waterworks...what is wrong? Did I tell you something you did not know? Oh yes...Sakura...he is goo-goo-eyes for you this boy of yours..."

Sakura said quietly, "He cheated on me, Joaquin..." and then she buried her face in her hands and cried.

chat-he-cheated-on-me.png

Joaquin: "Oh, Sakura...when did this happen? How? What did he do?"

he-did-what-chat.png

Sakura told Joaquin the whole story and Joaquin filled his glass up again, "The boy is a couchon (pig)! He is no good for you. How could he do this to you? You are so sweet...and so smart and belle (pretty). He is a blind bat that one! I would say more words, but they are forbidden words, even in French..."

chat-he-is-a-pig.png

Joaquin patted her hand, "Sakura, did you scratch the eyeballs out of him? Did you kick him in the...um...ooh that would hurt... That would have been fun to watch...and then SimTube! Oh oui! All the filles (girls) out there would be cheering for you! He is a crétin! (douchbag). You told him au revoir (goodbye), too,...oui?"

Sakura: "No...I didn't tell Kiyoshi to leave...I'm...I'm trying to forgive him...but I did something, too, Joaquin...and I told him...I kissed someone...at the concert...."

chat-10-noone-has-said-they-love-me.png

Joaquin: "You? Ah oui...I remember now...with that boy...he was there at the party...your ami (friend)...un beck (a kiss)...what is that? Nothing! I kiss everyone all the time...on each cheek...it is nothing..." he looked closely at Sakura, "Oh...je comprends maintenant (I understand now), This beck (kiss) with your ami (friend), it was...how you say...the fiery kiss...he has la passion (passion) for you...and you have la passion (passion) for him. I see that last night...he has the goo-goo eyes for you too. And ooh-la-la, Wolfgang is so hot for you. Est-ce vrai? {Is that true?).

chat-9.png

Sakura: "Yes..."

sakura-yes.png

Joaquin poured another glass for himself, "Your copain (boyfriend), he does not know how you feel la passion with your ami (friend)? I think I know...I see the circle...or the triangle...I don't know what I see...but it is that ma petite fille (my little girl) elle t'aime deaux amoreaux (she loves two loves). And Sakura, you are in a puddle over it...no, not a puddle...a muddle...I don't know the word...but Sakura...your heart is torn...that is what I see...you are torn up inside..."

chat-6.png

Sakura nodded her head.

chat-2.png

Joaquin: "Ah, ma petite fille (my little girl), and so they have both told you they love you?"

Sakura told Joaquin that neither one had told her they loved her.

why-is-the-room-spinning.png

Joaquin downed the glass of champagne, and went to open the other bottle, "Sakura...these boys...these boys...they are foolish boys...you need to get away from both of them. I tell you now about Candy Behr. Mon cheri amour (my dear love), Candy. When I first saw Candy...ooh la la...I say to myself, Joaquin...this one is for you...and so, I go up to her and tell her how belle (beautiful) she was...and her hair...I have never seen hair like that before...and we talk...and then I tell her that I love her. She knew how I felt about her, and she was happy. Now, we are engagé (engaged). So you see, it is easy. These boys they just need to say it. Because if they do not, you will be snatched away by a man who is not afraid to tell you he loves you."

these-boys-joaquin.png

Sakura smiled at Joaquin. He had her best interests at heart, even though he was talking nonsense.

you-drink-all-the-champagne.png

Joaquin: "Yes, that is it! You need a man! Oui, that is the solution. You need to...you need to...j'ai une idée (I have an idea) ...go to university! You finish high school soon, and oui, you are good with the studies...I see you all the time with your head in a book...and you cannot stay on this island...there is no-one your age here...well there is...but no, not Luna's brother...the older one...did you see him walk? He is a slouch-potato...you need better...Oui! That is what you need to do. You meet someone there at university and he come to you and tell you right away he loves you...no boy for you...a man...yes...a man who knows that YOU are the one he wants. Enough of this boy llama-drama-rama! There! It's settled then...you go and meet the man of your dreams...he is out there...not here on this island...he is at university...we get started on the paperwork right now..."

chat-8-sakura-wide-eyed.png

Sakura: "But Joaquin, I can't just leave here. I disappeared and I'm on medical leave from school. The deadline to apply for university may have passed. And what courses am I going to take? And then there's Kiyoshi...and Wolfgang...I don't know..."

chat-11-oh-life-is-so-unfair.png

Joaquin tried to stand up and looked a bit dazed, "Sakura...the champagne...it is all gone...you drank it all? I will buy more...no worries...oui...for ma petite fille (my little girl) who is going to find her love at university. You cannot stay here Sakura and mope about these boys...go and have some fun and be YOU again. Not this sad fille (girl) that I see in front of me. It breaks mon coeur (my heart) to see this sadness. And these boys...they need to chase you...you will be busy,,,new friends...fun things to do...you do not need them...they need you...these boys will want you more. And then, one of these boys will tell you that they love you...but if they don't, then Sakura, they are not the one for you..."

chat-5.png

Sakura listened to what Joaquin had said. Maybe Joaquin was right. She had been thinking of calling her music teacher on Monday to talk about the work she had missed. Maybe she could talk to him about university, too. But leave Windenburg? Well, she was going to leave Windenburg for Willow Creek when she had gotten that co-op program. Maybe going to university wasn't such a bad idea. A fresh start. Meet new friends. She had always liked school. Maybe take some courses towards a career. And maybe she could apply for some scholarships. Didn't Sofia tell her that she was going to university? Oh she was getting excited about this...she wanted to look at a university brochure...maybe there was one on-line. And Joaquin was right, she couldn't sit around here waiting on Kiyoshi and Wolfgang, she had her own life to live!

Sakura: "Joaquin, you're right! I am going to go to university! Make a fresh start..."

im-going-to-uni-sakura.png

Joaquin: "That is so good, Sakura...you will be happy then...I know...but why is the room spinning so fast...are we on a carousel? I think I need to go home now and lie down..."

spin-spin.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    *Updated my April 17th post above! I'll have my way behind replies/comments ready to post soon! I promise! <3
    @permanentrose
    Very clever idea @SoulGal7 in suggesting Spin the Bottle for Jules to get the kisses she needs for the aspiration, and good idea about doing Truth or Dare. I didn't know college kids would play either of those games. I thought it was just something for middle/high school age. I learn something new every day I guess. :) I thought the Adrian Horn part was hilarious! The look on his face... LOL

Yes, it was Josh's 'official' first time in the Realm with Essa. I hope I can pull off the wedding there, it would be so beautiful! I think there's room on the lot for a wedding arch. If there isn't I'll make room! lol The only thing I worry about is how to get his brothers there. I had to use 'bring here' to get Josh there with Essa. I can't do that for his brothers. I might have to add them temporarily to the family or something. I don't think that would be considered cheating to make their day special. He NEEDS his brothers there.

Doing Uni Rags to Riches style is extremely tough, not for the faint of heart, but it can be done! Good luck if you try it yourself some day. :)

Ah man, poor Jules overhearing those girls gossiping about her and calling her that name. She doesn't deserve that. Glad Emmett was there to comfort her though. *gasp* Oh no! Brittany! And Mario's cousin too? Sheesh! What a piece of work! I can see how you're perhaps setting up for Jules and Emmett to finally get together some time in the future, maybe? That would be cool. I guess we'll have to wait and see, because there's still Lydia on the backburner as well.

Yes, that was my intention with those screenshots. I wanted to show just her and the colors streaming through the sky to reflect how she's feeling while playing. One of them still has plants/flowers in it, but I still love how she's smiling and bending into the blue stream of color. Never thought of them being the music though, but that makes sense. Nice catch! :)

I've never talked about Josh's background or story in this challenge, so it was the first time he's said anything at all about it. His older brother Joel is also an explorer, and world famous Survivalist/Author. He's been to Selvadorada many times looking for their parents already. Jon is the youngest, more of a bad boy type, doesn't really know what he wants out of life yet. He looks up to his brothers though. He wears an earring given to him by Joel. It was found in some ancient ruins during one of Joel's explorations. He treasures it. So there's a little bit more for you about the Hunter brothers. :)

@SoulGal7
    o.O Here's Sakura pouring her heart out, so upset, trying to tell Kyoshi she'd kissed Wolfgang and when she finally does, all he has to say "Is that it?" Like he was disappointed she didn't mess around with him. Yeah, we know why Kyoshi, because YOU did with Kaori and you're desperately hoping Sakura messed around too, so you're 'even." Gah! Kyoshi, that's so, so wrong!

Thanks for the Congrats on Essa and Josh's engagement. :) Yeah, he got a little hot and bothered watching his girl using her magic in that way. He's seen her do other stuff, but not that. I couldn't believe it when I heard someone complaining in the bathroom while Josh and Essa were in bed. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from at first. I thought someone was in the room! Panned around and found Astrid in the bathroom with a broken toilet. That's the real reason she was complaining. But I couldn't help using the animations she did to my advantage. It was fun! LOL

Yep, I knew the name was French, I just didn't know he was supposed to BE French. I like that you ran with that. Makes sense. :)

So now she knows...well that was heartbreaking to read, for Sakura. I have no pity for Kyoshi, he shouldn't have done that with Kaori and now we find out it wasn't the first time they'd been together. Like Sakura said, that just makes it worse. Wow, I'm speechless...

That goodbye was so sad, just like the title says. I liked how Sakura gave him a hug and a kiss though. That shows just how mature she is and that she really cares for him. Made me want to cry though when she realized that he didn't say he loved her. :( Of course, maybe Kyoshi does say it in the note he left for Sakura that she hasn't read yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I just love Joaquin, he's such a good big brother to Sakura! So sweet of him to bring over all her presents and the champagne! He's right, it is always 5 o'clock somewhere. I've always liked that sentiment. LOL So cute how they get a bit tipsy together and he talks her into going to Uni to forget about those 'boys' and find a man to love her. Great segue for Sakura going to Uni!

@Skeilah
    So sweet of Bryon to stay up and comfort Naoki even though he had exams the next morning. I mean, of course he would. He loves Naoki. And in the end it didn't matter, he got all A+s! Yay! Congrats to Bryon, he's killing it! Oh dear, he's deeply connected with all those Sims he kissed? o.O I hope that doesn't come back to bite him one day. Naoki still doesn't know about that, right? Yay for being on the last aspiration milestone too! I never turn on the capture UI thing, it messes with my screenshots. I just do a printscreen if I need to capture the entire window with the UI or for milestones if I remember. :D

Oh I love that Alien hospital! Great idea using that and having Naoki see an Alien doctor. Wow! Twins! Gah! That's going to be a trip for both of them, and lots of work. But they'll get through it, together! :) What!? Oh man, it's all a ruse, everything, it's all part of Anas' plan. Lovely, just lovely! No way will they ever get those babies though. Both Naoki and Bryon will fight them with everything they have before that happens.

@Hermitgirl
    Wow, Roxanne is grinding along nicely. Good job handling a full load plus soccer too. It's not easy, but doable, believe me, I know. ;) I had a Sim that had a full course load, was in a club, and had a part time job as well! She graduated with all A+ with a Distinguished Degree in Fine Arts with honors. She didn't have any fun though, always had her nose to the grindstone, except on weekends she'd sometimes go to festivals. So fun how she used the duplicato spell to have 'herself' give presentation feedback. Great idea! Wish I'd thought of that. :) You know, I have never had my TS4 Sims juggle. I did in the TS2, but not TS4. I keep forgetting that's an option. Thanks for the reminder. Great job to Roxanne for making the winning goal!

Oh that's a great idea to use the dazed moodlet to get a ghost! I'll have to remember that for the future. ;) I adore the potions and spells, I adore Spellcasters, period! I would cry if they ever tried to bork those, like they borked vampires so they don't break in now. Yes, Essa is thrilled there's something she can win over Josh. He always wins, at everything. I mean, he's a Super Sim afterall. But not in Debate! :D He will be soon though, he's currently Level 9 from reading skill books! ;) Ohhhh good! I'm so glad to hear someone else likes to see Josh in all his chesty glory! I'm enjoying having body hair now, so I take advantage as much as I can to show it off on Josh. LOL I can't even imagine what that would be like to have to listen to a couple doing that...yeah, I'd be a bit annoyed as well. o.O

Congrats to Roxanne for grinding through all that. I was shocked once I found out how long those tutoring sessions actually were. I'd done them before, but didn't remember them being THAT long. o.O Thank goodness I had Josh to play with while Essa was doing those. Made the time go just a little faster. I'm sure that level in the Pro Athlete career will always be available for her after she gets the degree. She won't have to take the job right after graduation, she can take it any time during her life. Congrats to her for being promoted to Playmaker too! Yay! No more injuries!

Thanks about the screenshots of Essa playing the violin. I had fun trying to get just the right angle to take those. I ended up taking way more screenshots than I should've before I was satisfied, but I always do that. It's fun experimenting, turning the camera this way and that until I find a view I like or might be special. About the 'chesty' shots again, LOL you're welcome! ;)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    This is such a super cool idea
    Update 107 - Welcome home

mDH8GLZ.jpg

Notes:
    "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" Ruby shrieked, running toward Jules, still in her jammies, as Jules arrived home the following morning.
    O3r9Mgb.jpg

"I missed you so much, baby girl," Jules said, bending down to envelope Ruby into a hug.
    ESuOhqr.png
    iLbsPtx.png

Though autumn had begun, the days have still been pretty warm, so Jules spent some time splashing with Ruby in the kiddie pool that morning.
    rHHYBTr.png

Emmett called later that morning and asked if he could pop by, wanting to make sure she was okay. He said he'd been fighting with Brittany a lot recently, so it was nice to get away from that stress for a bit as well.
    bKDP4SG.png

Since Emmett had so many younger siblings, he was really great with kids, and Ruby simply adored him.
    HQgvelf.jpg

I was even able to snap a few photos of him playing with her too, and got one to hang up in Ruby's room <3
    EHKxH0a.png

Getting photos of Emmett and Ruby reminded me I wanted some of Jules and Ruby as well. So Dell suggested that since it was such a nice day, they head on to campus for a bit to enjoy the gorgeous weather, and that Jules and Ruby could wear some fancy clothes and Dell would bring her nice camera and get some pictures of them together. This one was my favorite :)
    jIpFHPY.jpg

Jules had to head to her soccer game soon after, but since there was still some daylight, Dell snapped a few pictures of Ruby too. Look at this sassy little girl. (It is VERY hard to get a good angle when taking in game photos of toddlers since they are so short, I've always been annoyed about that.)
    PlLJTlw.png?1

And Jules' soccer game was a success!
    AjqEx9O.png

That night, Jules let Ruby have a special sleepover in her bed with her, and as she watched her daughter sleep, all the worries from the night before began to melt away. This was all that truly mattered <3
    efiIZSM.png

Ruby's room is filling up with some lovely photos as well.
    xx9Ej3V.png
    iXSa1Ya.png?1

And some for the downstairs of the house as well.
    Z27637d.png
    @Karababy52 - April 16 - That cover shot of Essa playing the violin in the Realm, absolutely beautiful! I love the bridge location with the cheery trees. I am hoping they get married there, but there seems to be so many beautiful spots around, anywhere would be a gorgeous backdrop. Nice they had some family time and that Josh even made some roast chicken for everyone Nice visit before Essa has to take her finals.

April 17 - I knew that the title of this chapter was fake! lol You gave us fake new...it's over Beautiful lol As if we were going to fall for that one! hahaha! No way! These two are too close and in love to ever end things between them. The only way this would happen is if somehow Josh was taken over by an evil alien clone and became someone else. Yep. But I was worried there that he was going to freeze Essa, but I guess she has more power than the freeze ray. lol Is that the play fighting interaction, or did they actually fight each other? Beautiful shot of the canal boat on the river.

@permanentrose - Update 106 - Oh that made me mad to hear those two girls talking about Jules and calling her the "s" word. And Jules looks so sad in the background. Poor Jules. Her self-esteem was already bad because she didn't think any guy would want her because she had a child, now, and then, just for fun, she was playing a game, and then she overhears this! People can be so cruel. And then Emmett is walking home from the library and sees her and gives her the emotional support she needs, and thankfully Brittany doesn't interrupt them this time. Oh, but, wait! No wonder Brittany isn't there...OMG...she is doing the deed with Emmett's roommate and Mario's cousin! Okay, Toby is totally hot, but Brittany...you know you are cheating on Emmett here don't you. And in this small world, with everyone knowing everyone else...you don't think that someone is going to find out? Now I feel so bad for Emmett, because he has been the caring bf all along, thinking about Britanny and her parents' divorce, and putting up with her mood swings, and then she does this to him. Well, I can't say that I am all sad that they might be breaking up...and they should...because this isn't a one-time deal. But then it paves the way for Jules and Emmett to be together,,,because seriously, they do belong together. Yep, Emmett has known Jules for a long time, was - is? her BFF, and really doesn't care if she has a child or not...although I am sure that Emmett will want children with Jules...okay, I am planning their life already together! lol But yes, I am shipping Jules and Emmett. Can someone just push Brittany in the river or something when she is all dressed up looking like the bi*otch she is!

Update 107 - Love the cover shot. What a nice welcome home greeting. By the way, Jules is looking super fab in her clothes...she really lost all the baby weight. Must be from all the soccer she was playing. And having some fun in the kiddie pool...and we can't forget that cute dog Lenny. And you see, here is Emmett again, being the total friend, seeing if she was okay...and then playing with Ruby. He's going to be such a natural Dad. I just love all the photos that were taken, and that Ruby...oh my gosh...such attitude! She's going to be a heartbreaker! And go Jules on the soccer game victory! And woot! Essa takes her exams and gets all A+s. Congrats to be the first to graduate! The photo on the wall of Essa with the diploma, is that an in-game photo you get, or is that something you did? Since I have never graduated a sim from uni, are these just random sims that are with you on graduation day? I love the shot of them tossing their caps in the air...like every movie I've seen where they do that. Too bad you don't actually get to see the ceremony. But congrats to Essa for getting her Distinguished Degree in Fine Arts With Honors. Woot! And Essa knows just the way to celebrate! hehehe

@Skeilah - As soon as I saw that hospital - I knew that was an alien ship. lol And I love the diagnosis that Naoki got - mind probe! Yep - twins! Twins? And alien twins? Naoki seems to be taking this all in stride and yet Bryon is kind of freaking out about it. I wonder if they are going to keep these alien babies or send them back to SIXAM? And the question everyone wants to know...what color will the alien babies' hair be when they are toddlers? lol I loved the ending when the doctor said they would make a house call. I already know what that means...Naoki will be getting "beamed up" for that doctor's appointment. lol Why does Anas want these babies? As if Bryon doesn't have enough problems. lol

@Hermitgirl - Congrats to Roxanne for getting to the top of the soccer career and getting a trophy to boot! Yes! To be honest, I haven't even looked at the uni aspiration in detail. lol So, they have to tutor, well, that will be rather boring. Well, Roxanne is almost there, too. She is just doing so well!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Seeing how well everyone is doing at uni and the progress they are making, and there are only 14 more days until the end of the month and Sakura hasn't even started uni yet, let alone age up to YA, I am feeling a bit depressed here. Sylvan Glade was going to be my equivalent of Glimmerbrook, which worked out rather well, and I had a lot of fun with that, but then I had to tie-up some loose ends in my story. Anyway, I have some major plans for who Sakura is going to choose when she goes to Mt. Komorebi, and I am not sure how I am going to get this all done. I love writing the story; however, it takes me forever, with the writing and the screenshots. And since my work year-end is this month, there is that extra work to do as well. Anyway, maybe it is the horrible, rainy weather here today, and how dark it is at 9am in the morning, but, yeah, feeling a bit down that I may never catch up. Anyway, everyone is doing so great. Keep up the good work and I love reading all your stories. Have a great day/night everyone.
    edited April 2021
    @Shadami - You can join the fun, if you want, just hop on in at the start of a month, and continue along with the group in the world they are playing in.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'd love to, but I think it's something I'll start next year. See if I can finish up some of my other stories first. It's certainly inspired me for how to play a sim I just spent a month creating. XD
    edited April 2021
    April 18
    UUIv4fu.png
    Roxanne's Sunday evening through Tuesday.. I just decided to focus on who stops by because it is pretty much her at home just going to school, completing homework, and juggling! (it's the new fishing!) She did have some guests though... So here's Archie playing on the porch. I thought he had brought his own violin... I think he has one. I know he's skilled in it for sure. I do like that there is a tv and stereo in her house and he choses to do that autonomously. Probably the inspired mood from the lot being clean.
    CAdxqhX.png
    Lol.. is it terrible to say I can't remember this townies name even though he's in one of her clubs? He was the librarian from the first month in the challenge that I gave a makeover too.
    ltxfryl.png
    Roxanne just playing chess alone. I'm not sure if she has to study logic since she's maxed in it but I understand you might have too to get good grades. I have her spend some time on that and her other skill for her classes... charisma.

Creepy stalker?
    dPBbcYq.png
    9OJsPob.png
    Yep, our old pal Geoffrey sniffs around her door frequently. I know it's been more than these shots. She doesn't answer the door because I don't want her to spend the time... they are friends since she was a teen, but with no interaction for a few months in the challenge at least.. but he comes over, knocks on the door, and waits around enough to give me a creepy vibe :D.
    egTcBMc.png
    April 18
    o3mGNYo.png

Bryons Diary
    xyBDKvs.png
    Mom recently joined a club named Avant Gardes. She always had this thing for art and literature, so yeah, it’s a good thing she found a hobby.

K4Xl8oj.png
    (Randi) "Be good to Naoki when I'm away, okay?"
    (Kristine) "Yes mom!"

Mom found it really difficult to leave Kristine behind, but Kristine is already so independent and Naoki is really good with kids. They'll be fine. Mom asked me if I could join her, since she was a little nervous. Yeah, of course. I'll join.

Aa1twPE.png
    I took my laptop with me. While mom was at her meeting, I started writing my term paper.

8Ywt0yH.png
    But then... The unimaginable happened. Ibara, Lanuola and Quintin stood there. While Lanuola and Quintin looked a little embarrassed for making a scene, Ibara went all out. He's mad. Real mad.

(Ibara) “Look who we have here. Our so-called ‘boyfriend’. That I believed you even one second... I mean, three? Or should I say... Four?”

rJA7ij3.png
    (Ibara) “Hello?! I'm talking to you!”

JjaIrr0.png
    (Ibara) "Don't you have a tongue anymore?!"
    (Bryon) “No worries. I heard you, and I still have a tongue. What I did was a mistake. A big one. You really don’t need to rub it in for me.”
    (Ibara) “Oh, but I’m only getting started, actually! I mean, you asked me to be your boyfriend!”
    (Bryon) “That wasn’t intentional. We both drank too much! We all did!”

0DAVrZ4.png
    (Quintin) “Can we maybe please fix this without yelling...? I'm really getting embarrassed here... I really don't want to make that much of a problem... I mean, Bryon's right. We were all drunk. Super drunk."

X83t9r2.png
    (Ibara) "No, I'm NOT okay with this! Lanuola, you're not okay with this, right?!"
    (Lanuola) “Well... The only reason I joined you is because I found out Bryon is actually gay, but he still kissed me. A girl. Did you confuse me for a guy? I mean, I know I look kinda guy-ish, but well... Should I take that as a compliment or not...?"

(Bryon) "Ehh, I-"
    (Ibara) “That doesn't matter! Bryon. I know that you actually have a serious relationship with some guy named Naoki. What will he think if we tell him this story? Does he know?”

5fPRszY.png
    And when he said that, I just exploded. Don't involve Naoki into this. In a reflex, I grabbed a drink and threw it over Ibara.

(Ibara) "Whaa!"
    (Lanuola) “Ibara.. Stop it. You're going too far.”

H35KPMk.png
    (Ibara) “I'M GOING A LITTLE FAR? HE HAS A RELATIONSHIP, THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT IT, HE ASKED ME TO BE HIS BOYFRIEND AND NOW HE THREW A DRINK IN MY FACE! WHAT HE DID IS A LITTLE TOO FAR!! I'M IN MY RIGHT HERE!!!"

(Bryon) “Naoki doesn't know yet, indeed, but that's my own business and not yours. Get the frick out of here before I really get mad. Don't play with me, dude.”
    (Ibara) “What are you gonna do, potato? You don’t even have one muscle in your arm.”
    (Bryon) “You.... You’re dead meat, Ibara."

BDyirTx.png
    And so... It begun.

8PUTyij.png
    (Quintin) “This is actually pretty entertaining, hehe.”
    (Lanuola) "Really. I hope Bryon wins. Ibara is out of his mind."

x0ySz76.png
    (Hugo) “Huh? Isn't that Bryon..? Oh boy, I gotta get Randi.”

gO78Eoy.png
    (Ibara) "Is that all you got, potato?!"
    (Bryon) "I'm just starting, airhead!!"

5XlwIjB.png
    (Bryon) “Not one muscle in my arms, right? Get out of here!!!”
    (Ibara) “You just got yourself an enemy, Bryon Ellison...”
    (Bryon) “I don’t care. Leave me, Naoki and everyone I love alone, or else....”
    (Ibara) “I get it, I get it. But still...”

Eb7VXX7.png
    Ibara left the scene, and Lanuola and Quintin were actually really supportive towards me. They also thought Ibara went too far. I mean, we all made a big mistake on a party. It got out of hand because of what was going on at that time. I still regret it all, but at least, everything is solved now. Well. Everything except that I now have 1 enemy... And that I have to tell Naoki what happened.

mlACbGR.png
    Mom arrived not much later and asked me what happened.

(Randi) “Oh, my little boy got into a fight... Come here...”
    (Bryon) “Mom...”
    (Randi) "No worries, Bryon. Whatever happens, I'm right beside you."
    edited April 2021
    Shadami wrote: »
    This is such a super cool idea

I'd love to, but I think it's something I'll start next year. See if I can finish up some of my other stories first. It's certainly inspired me for how to play a sim I just spent a month creating. XD

Thank you so much for your comment! I'm enjoying it so much and I believe the others playing along with me are too! :) I'm happy to see you're considering trying it next year for yourself! I'll look forward to reading about your try with this if you do. Thanks again! :)

@permanentrose
    Such a sweet, sweet reunion for Jules and her baby girl, Ruby! Very cool that Emmett stopped by the check on her too and played with Ruby. I really like this Sim! You know I would love to see them together as a couple one day and have my fingers crossed that happens. :) Great photos too, so fun taking and displaying those eh? One of my favorite things our Sims can do in the game. Congrats to Jules for making the winning goal too! :)

@SoulGal7
    I adore those violin screenshots, two of my new favorites I've taken in the Realm. It's such a beautiful world. I hope I can pull off a wedding for them there, you're right, near the bridge would be perfect, but anywhere really that I could place an arch would make for some beautiful wedding screenshots. I want to make this as special as I can for these two. I'm glad Josh was able to meet her family and get to know them a little bit.

I really didn't think it would fool anyone, but it was fun trying anyway! :D That was actually something I found out Josh could do from learning the Acting skill. I clicked on him and it said, 'Perform scene...' It was SO funny watching them act out a dramatic scene and then a romantic one. :D So yes, they really did fight, but it was just playacting. I saw that canal boat moving through the river and was very surprised! I've seen them just sitting around, but I thought they were just static decoration.

Aww, I understand about being depressed with the weather, work, etc. and how it can color everything else you're doing. Don't feel bad you're behind, just take all the time you need, you'll get there. Like I've always said, real life responsibilities always come first. This is supposed to fun, not stressful, so try not to stress if it takes longer than you'd like. This challenge isn't going anywhere. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Love that Archie played that violin autonomously. Supposedly the Devs tweaked Sims to do things more in relation to their skills instead of always drinking water, trolling teh forums, etc. Looks like perhaps in Archie's case it's true! Oh gosh, I don't think it's weird at all you don't remember that Sim's name. Roxanne has interacted with so many, you're bound to forget. Good job having Roxanne do skills for her class even though she's maxed them out. It will definitely help towards her grade. Lots of Simmers think just because their Sim is maxed in a skill for a class, they don't have to do anything and then wonder why they get lower grades. That's why, they have to actively do those skills to get the hidden points for the grade. Oh man, Geoffrey Landgraab is such a stalker! I do anything and everything so my Sims never meet him. If they have even just a little friendship with him, he's always calling, always visiting, etc. Ugh! Go away! :D

@Skeilah
    Oh I love that Randi joined the Avant Guards, perfect club for someone as artistic as her. Kristine looks adorable in her new hairstyle. Such a cute hug between her and Randi. Oh boy, could've seen something like this happening a mile away with one of the 'boyfriends' confronting Bryon. Glad Bryon stood up for himself and beat the stuffin's out of that guy! They're all aliens though, right? I know Bryon was probably at some point planning to tell Naoki about what happened while he was 'missing.' But now he doesn't have a choice. Aww, Randi, she is such a good Mom! *Hugs for Bryon*

Headed offline to play my game for today's post in a bit, but wanted to comment on your posts as long as I was here checking things out while waiting for Hubby to go to bed. I'll be back later tonight. Hope y'all had a fabulous day/night!
    edited April 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Thank you for your kind words about my story! I wish I could just push Brittany into the river too, lol. But you are correct, I am slowly paving the way for Jules and Emmett to eventually have the option to end up together :) And yes, Emmett would make a very good father figure to Ruby in the future - though not to replace Mario of course. Mario is a great dad (at least I pretend he is off screen since I don't have the time to actually show their full relationship), but Ruby can maybe have an awesome step dad in the future too :)

Ooh, nice work using the MOO cheat to have Joaquin bring over a wheelbarrow of her gifts! And it's nice that she can confide in him and seek some advice from him as well. And good segue to get her interested in university life. College really is a good time to discover yourself and figure out what you might want in in life :) Gotta love it when Joaquin said "enough of this boy llama-drama-rama!" LOL

And my advice to you regarding feeling behind in this challenge - I have two thoughts about that. One, you could continue at your own pace, and since you don't have the vampire pack, if I recall correctly, you'll eventually have a month of catch up time built into this year that way, so if you don't mind going at your own pace, that could definitely be an option. My other suggestion is to plow through several days of sims play, get Sakura accepted to uni, and kind of do a time jump of her moving in and getting settled, and then if you continue to play more than one sim day at a time, you could totally get uni done in the second half of this month. Good luck with whatever you decided to do though!

@Karababy52
    Wow, you have two replies in before I can even manage my daily one! You're on top of it today :)

First, comments on your story. Cute that Josh and Essa are roleplaying. Could make things a bit spicy in the bedroom too ;)

And yay, Essa is the first to officially graduate! She did amazing work over the course of her degree, and it's amazing that she graduated with such phenomenal grades. That is rather sad that friends and family can't go into the rabbit hole of graduation. Does graduation just come up as a scheduled event once your sim earns enough credits? I have never made it that far before, so I was just curious, though I suppose I could also properly look it up as well :) Lovely graduation phot of Essa to add to your collection of photos as well.

And on to replies to your comments - I totally thought of the fact that college kids probably wouldn't play truth or dare and spin the bottle, they are rather juvenile games, but it was such an easy way to plow through this aspiration that I decided to go for it. In my experience, college students are eager to play any party game that can also be turned into a drinking game, so we can assume that there was a lot of juice involved as they played haha. I did actually play "never have I ever" at college parties back in the day, which is kind of on the same maturity level as those other two games, so who knows, maybe college students would play? Lol.

You should for sure add his brothers to your family to make sure they can attend the wedding. I know that I tend to play with my own rules, LOL, but I add people to my household ALL THE TIME to make sure I get screenshots and interactions I need without wanting to rip my hair out, since sims are notorious for not listening when you can't control them, lol. So in my book, it's definitely fine to add them to the household to make sure they're there to support Josh and Essa. And thanks for the Hunt brother history, I definitely appreciate it when people write back stories for their sims :) And I was actually just thinking today how I couldn't remember Josh's last name, so thanks for the reminder. Is Essa going to be Essa Hunt soon, or will she keep her last name?

And I really did enjoy the reunion with Jules and Ruby. It didn't feel right to have Jules continue to live in the dorms when that beautiful little girl is there at home and they should be living together <3

And on to the topic of Emmett - I have been pretty committed in my mind to get Jules and Emmett together, eventually, even with Lydia still on the back burner, as you mentioned ;) I do think in the end that Emmett is Jules' soulmate, while Lydia was just a passionate fling that came at just the time she needed it. But of course, Lydia isn't gone forever, since the forgotten hollow month will need a storyline in the future...I do have a vague plan, but only time will tell how it all actually plays out. I thought it was super nice that Emmett called Jules and asked to come hang out the next day too, it almost made my game play from the night before feel like it was actually meaningful LOL. I love when the game works out like that :)

@Skeilah
    The avante gardes club is really perfect for Randi, and it was nice that Bryon went along to support her, though things got a little crazy, but that was a nice way to tie up your serial romantic aspiration. And I was laughing that Ibara's choice of insult was "potato." :D And Randi was cute, being such a mom as she hugged him and was like my little Bryon, getting into his first fight :D

@Hermitgirl
    Nice to see Archie again! And that librarian townie is super cute! No so cute though - that stalker Geoffrey Landgraab :D Deleted that dude from my game YEARS ago :joy: It is always interesting to see what sims are most likely to show up at our sims' doors unannounced though.
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 18: "Master of the Real...or not?"

sXD8vGE.png

Notes
    5AJfjDp.png
    Just to fulfill the aspiration, Essa took a job in the Master of the Real career. She started at Level 8 with a big bonus, you can see how much in the lower left corner. Plus, she was given 3 vacation days and all the career rewards from Level 1-8 as well.

9uCPint.png
    She starts on Thursday and works from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. I'll wait to see what mood she's in when returning from work the first day to make a decision whether she'll keep the job or not.

rMdzZ21.png
    I put all her career rewards on the upstairs landing, at first. It seemed way too cluttered though, so moved them down to the basement. She also received another easel, but I sold that since it was a Level 5 easel and the one she's using is a Level 8. Josh is only 25% away from maxing the Robotics skill in this screenshot.

o1VT4qu.png
    Essa received a notice the diploma she'd earned was put in her personal inventory. By hovering over it, you can see exactly what degree your Sim has earned.

RdcPISU.png
    In addition to Essa's career rewards, Josh has a new Robotics station down in the basement too. He's making mechanisms and computer chips needed to make the robotic arm. The ultimate goal is to make a Servo Robot! I've never had a Servo before, so I thought Josh might enjoy making one. He maxed the Robotics skill.

Essa's new aspiration is Painter Extraordinaire. She's worked on that a little bit, but has mostly been painting medium size Classics. There's a particular rare one in that category I adore! I have special plans for where it will hang in their home if she paints it.

5V7Hbw3.png
    Essa's also been working to complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration and finally reached the last task, growing a cowplant. She fished up this cowberry in Mt. Komorebi and it's been stored in household inventory until needed.

nZZ7FHq.png
    The two worked on their projects all through the night Tuesday, and all of Wednesday. Essa was hungry, but all the food was finally gone in the fridge. They don't eat very often, I've been using Plentiful Needs potions for both of them. When she finished making this Chicken Stir Fry, she maxed out the Cooking skill.

ZNlk4UM.png
    TA DA! Look at Mr. Handsome sporting his new Robotic arm.

G6UKke2.png
    Here's what the back looks like. It's not just the arm, it's an entire shirt.

YouPd7b.png
    It glows in places with a green light too. Is it just me, or does he look sexy wearing it?

MK90Dzl.png
    Josh continued making parts for the Servo and I noticed Essa was doing the painting I wanted. In case you're wondering, it's a Freezer Bunny in a forest of trees, peeking from behind one of them. It's adorable! I always try to get one of those from my painter Sims.

eJXppmJ.png
    I gave my couple a present just for fun. Took me awhile to find a place to put it. It's at the bottom of the basement stairs.

Ze9Djb7.png
    I think they enjoyed the gift, but I mostly just wanted to show a side view of that Robotic arm. Essa left for her first day of work soon after.

yx9K5BW.png
    Wow! She came home with a promotion! She's now at Level 9!

gkE64cw.png
    She doesn't look very happy though, her eyes are crossed. Why? She should be thrilled!

hDcKSPM.png
    But when I unpaused, she looked very happy. Essa will keep this career at least long enough to reach Level 10. It's only three days a week. She has the 'Slacker' reward trait, so she won't get demoted or fired if she doesn't go to work anyway. Perhaps she'll just keep the job as a back-up plan in case something happens to the garden. Speaking of which, half the plants reverted to dirt piles again while she was at work. *sigh*

fyaXe9N.png
    Along with the promotion and simoleans, Essa also received this ballerina statue which gives a level 9 inspired moodlet. She already gets very, very inspired from the other career rewards, so I put it out by the front yard walkway. Those flowers are red/purple. Imagine how pretty that's going to be once they bloom.

This was mostly a filler update, but there is more interesting things to come now that Essa has graduated. ;)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52 just real fast - those three are not prt of the alien gang. They are just strangers😂 I’ll make soms pictures of the alien gang with their disguises this evening :)
  • KanindotaKanindota Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi all! Sorry I've disappeared, university has been really hectic as exams and essays and my dissertation are converging into one big stress ball. I'm gonna have to take a pause on the challenge, I haven't played since early April at all so I push back and pop a hiatus on here for now. APologies it's taken me ages to put up an update but I'm still around, trying to manage my occupational stress as uni student and being a mum.

But I hope to join in again soon hopefully next month, fingers crossed as I don't have two exams in May and a dissertation to work with. Until then guys, I'm on hermit mode for university. Hope you guys are doing well, until I come back* I hope you all take care <3

EDIT: Massive typo, excuse that. I still want you guys to do well and take care regardless of when I come back...oops
    Post edited by Kanindota on
    edited April 2021
    Update 108 - The beginning of a new term

1JifWcl.jpg

Notes:
    The next morning, the Sunday before term started, Jules decided to get a head start on her presentation boards since she had two to complete this semester.
    JmX3Pp0.jpg

Meanwhile, Ruby was having her breakfast, her dirty diaper stinking up the place.

"Jules, we really need to work on potty training," Dell frowned, wrinkling her nose. "I've tried, but she's been very stubborn. Maybe you'll have better luck..."
    7KAiWGr.png

So after working on her boards a bit longer, Jules decided to tackle some more potty training.

"Okay, Ruby, let's go on the potty."

"No, no, no!" Ruby screamed, throwing a tantrum at even the mere suggestion.
    tUAXR2v.png

Jules took in a deep breath, willing herself not to let her frustration get the best of her. She bent down, speaking calmly to Ruby on her level. "Please, Ruby. You have to try." Ruby glowered at her. "If you go on the potty, you can have a cookie," Jules added, feeling desperate.
    emPMr23.png

And Ruby's face says it all. I'll do it for the cookie, but I'm not gonna like it. :D
    845jzLP.png

"Yay!" Jules praised, once Ruby had successfully gone, and she had changed her into some clothes for the day. "You can go ask Aunt Dell for a cookie."
    BBgqgo6.png
    PxjRj4t.jpg

(Potty training is for sure the skill I've had to take the most active role in for Ruby, which I appreciate as far as realism goes. I've potty trained a few toddlers in real life, and it's usually not an easy task :D)

After working on some homework, Jules met Kaori at the Foxbury campus to attend a guest lecture with her. (Finally finished that milestone since Jules doesn't have soccer on Sundays!)
    lnf019c.png

Afterwards, they hung out at the commons for a bit. Kaori had told her that they could earn some extra money by sharing their knowledge using the research machine, so they both tried it out.
    x2fUPS2.png

"That was a bit rough," Jules admitted, feeling a bit dazed, but grateful to have earned a little extra cash for her efforts.

Before heading home though, they decided to play around with robotics work table. (I realistically won't have time to build this skill much, but I figured now is the time to experiment with it a bit :smile:)
    73BktXs.png

After following some detailed instructions, Jules was able to craft a chatterbot. She found him rather cute. Perhaps Ruby would enjoy him.
    9eJOCyj.png

And the next morning, before classes, she gave Ruby the bot to play with while she got some more school work done (daily pic).

While Jules was at class, Dell helped Ruby max out her thinking skill.
    sUSW3BH.png

And then bless her little heart, she has decided to potty train herself :joy:
    qdwX083.png

After classes and soccer practice, Jules headed to the town library since I haven't had her study there yet. She got her research and debate skill up to a level 7. If I have time, I might try to have her max this skill out by the end of the month, but for now, a level 7 will be enough for this aspiration.
    6LDfoMq.png

I noticed she had a book in her inventory too to study soccer strategies (I had just been using the computer or talking to teammates until now), so she ended the evening doing that.
    asyBlOK.jpg

And with that, Jules in the full swing of things with term #3 :)
    *Updated my April 18th post above! Comments coming up next, after I feed my cats and grab a bite to eat. :) Hope y'all are having a great day/night! <3
    @Skeilah

Ohhh, okay, thanks for letting me know. I think I knew that already, but wasn't thinking straight at the time. :)

@permanentrose
    Well, they weren't really roleplaying, just performing some acting scenes. :D Would be fun though if they could do some roleplay foreplay though eh? ;)

Thanks! I'm very proud of her, she did a fabulous job. :) For graduation, they'll get a notice about it and yes, it does show in the calendar too. But they will also get a pop-up telling them when it's an hour away from time to go, and then you get another pop-up when it's time asking if you want to send them or cancel. Either way they still get their photo and diploma, plus the extra Distinguished object if they earned that type of degree.

Ah, yeah, I understand. It was a good way to get Jules the kisses she needed. Maybe college kids would play those games, I have no idea.

I'm thinking that's exactly what I'll do to get Josh's brothers to the Wedding. You're welcome, I usually like to write long involved back stories for my Sims, but haven't been doing that lately. Essa will become Essa Hunter or Mrs. Josh Hunter when they get married. So yes, she'll take his last name of Hunter.

Okay, I was wondering if Lydia was just someone Jules needed at the time or someone more special that she just couldn't be with right now. Glad to hear that Emmett will be in her life as more than just her BFF at some point. :)

Bribery, works every time! :D My DIL uses M&Ms and stickers for potty training, but mostly just the stickers now. Congrats to Jules for getting through the lectures. Those are SO long. Ugh! Sharing knowledge is a good way to earn some extra simoleans for Sims that need them, but it looks and sounds so painful when they do it. Plus it's dangerous. I only have my Sims do it for the aspiration and that's it. Those chatterbots are really cute toys for kids. Fun that Jules made one for Ruby. So many great things can be made on that Robotics station. Glad Jules found that book in her inventory, will make things easier for her. :)

@Kanindota

No worries, we all understand. You have a lot on your plate right now. Glad you've decided to concentrate on your studies, it's the right thing to do. This challenge and all of us will always be here waiting for your return. I'll look forward to reading more of River's story in May or June. Good luck on your dissertation! *Hugs* <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top