Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share stories from your game! (Picture heavy)

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 2
I know there must be more Sims 2 players! It's my favorite in the series and one I still regularly play. I used to spend hours of my youth using the in-game story album typing out mini-novels for so many families. Please share some stories and photos from your game.

I have quite a few to share so I'll try to keep it short. The first two are the stories I have the most enjoyment playing.

snapshot-45ce188d-068b7577.jpg

This was the first couple I made when I bought Sims 2 again. The husband is a famous doctor and the wife a renowned businesswoman. They were always deeply in love. As they aged, the husband started experimenting with concoctions to lengthen their lives and spend more time together.

snapshot-45ce188d-868b7cc8-Copy.jpg

However, despite his best efforts, his dear wife still passed away from natural causes. It drove the husband insane, and he became a bit of a mad scientist, even contemplating even more questionable ways of bringing back to life his true love.

snapshot-45ce188d-868b7d31.jpg

The horrifying results broke him. His wife only returned a shallow shell of her once beautiful self. Terrified of his own creation, he had her locked in his lower basement, trying to make sense of what was once his wife. Engaging with her haunted his dreams, though it was in some ways it was her, she was irreversibly changed forever. He tried his best to keep this secret hidden from this friends, children, and the community, yet it weighed heavily on his conscience. After some time, he died himself, but his "wife" remained in the basement. Even this became too disturbing to me, and I soon used cheats to delete the wife soon after and she was wiped from memory.

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited November 2020
    Delka has always had a knack for espionage. She is in the intelligence career, and uses various means of snooping to find out things people want to keep hidden. She has 2 german huskies that are at the top of their level in the Security career, and they scare off any angry simmers who may want her hurt. She also has a deep love for the stars above. She spends countless hours researching aliens and their powers. She'd love to one day harness it for herself. She'd do anything to get closer to aliens.

snapshot-cbcaf890-2bcafdc1.jpg

One night she got was she was asking for. She was whisked away in the stars by aliens. The probed and poked her. She was horrified, yet intrigued. And on board of a UFO, she learned something quite interesting. Male humans could host an alien lifeform inside.

snapshot-cbcaf890-2c0d2f55.jpg

Yet she was female. She needed someone.

Her best friend is in love with her, something she knows too. Yet she doesn't feel the same way. Pierre is a successful entrepuner, boasting a 3 million Simoleans mansion and owns multiple businesses around the neighborhood. He wouldn't be able to hold the responsibility she needed him too. He wouldn't take up the ultimate sacrifice.
    snapshot-cbcaf890-ac0d39b1.jpg

So she seduced another friend in her circles, and they promptly fell in love (moreso he than her) and married, much to her best friend's chagrin, who ceased contact with her. After spending so much time with these Alien lifeforms, she could even summon a ship herself. She arranged a night were they would abduct him, and they followed through.

snapshot-cbcaf890-6c0d3ade.jpg

Although he was terrified, he was deeply in love with her, and unknown of the results, soon a bump formed in his belly. They soon had a child, who he adored, but no one could love her more than Belka. Because of the successful impregnation, the Aliens and Belka have a strong repertoire, building relations between Alien and simkind, and awarded her with an alien formula that could extend her life.

snapshot-cbcaf890-ecc1a2c8.jpg

This is one of the bakeries in my game and where everyone buys their treats. Quite proud of this lot because I'm terrible at building! I used some mods to get more cakes and breads to sell.
    snapshot-ec4dbe09-8cc1a3fa.jpg
    snapshot-ec4dbe09-ccc1a449.jpg

This is an angry ninja who is crazy, money-obbsesed, angry, loves metal music, but sells children's toys. The malfunctioning ones are his favorite creations. >:)
    snapshot-eb8ba283-6cc19eea.jpg

I bought Seasons recently and I love it! Here is one family with the daughter outside playing with her friend on a summer day, after selling lemonade to the neighbors. The garden is in the background and the father recently harvested the fruits for the juice maker.
    snapshot-8ca85c91-2cb4268f.jpg

• Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Love your pictures! nice background stories for your sims, hope to see more.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Love the builds and the stories with your pictures! :heart:
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt

A little late to the party but love what you have posted so far. I love your Bakery style lot. I have an ice cream lot i love but cannot find it lol

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Great pic and stories. Thank you. That's one of my favorite parts about TS2, and miss the most in 4. I find that being able to make photo stories really increases enjoyment of the game and heightens creativity.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2021
    So I started playing the sims 2 with this family. The father is an aeronautical engineer, he is german and he's married to an ex- legal secretary. The mom has the family aspiration, loves to play piano and loves sewing. They live in desiderata Valley, (I gave it a rural makeover - vibe) and they have two children, Margo (now a teenager, loves planes like her father) and Arnie (Arnold) who's now a kid, he's hyperactive, and loves playing soccer. Mom is currently waiting her third child, a baby girl that's gonna be called Lillian, after her grandmother. They also have a cat named Susan. πŸ˜‚

When the kids were little:
    b96a7a2f3548ac465b32ec30487e804e6ea09aed.jpg
    260c6993d115b14e0a91c600cc9b68bfc9f82b99.jpg
    a2805067a0e311007845f47eb65252c00fdbe4be.jpg

Now:
    2ee04f507bf402dd09762de880c1f73d773432f4.jpg
    bc8da6e4ce4faf2e62a840f474a623906ca4126b.jpg
    2eceb7441e79b20869831d78ff4cbb7f884998d5.jpg

Post edited by Elisdream on
    @Elisdream love it! And love the mums dress too β™‘

edited March 2021
    Other stories in my game right now:

The Roopers

So I made a parody of Betty Cooper :D but her name is Betty Rooper. After a falling out with a certain redhead from Riverdale, she moved to Ravenwood to find a new life free from reminders of a confusing triangle. She worked hard on rebuilding cars and reached the top level of the Architect career. She met Charlie and they had two children, Ryan and Rue. Ryan loves science and wants to be a Mad Scientist. Rue has already maxed out the body skill as a teen and would like to be a dancer.

snapshot-cb86a5bb-4b892912.jpg
    snapshot-cb86a5bb-0c443e1b.jpg

Barrow

This was me using a sim to try a homeless challenge I seen on modthesims. Jasmine fell on hard times in Simcity and didnt have a place to go. She stays in an abandoned car lot, and spends time busking to earn money and befrending and getting to know the neighborhood. In this challenge I started off at $100 using cheats and have to earn my way enough to buy a home. I'm not allowed a phone at home, cannot own a business, and I cannot purchase anything that isn't portable (no buying beds, toilets, etc). You have to live off of the neighborhood and cannot build a shelter lot either. I got it from here:https://modthesims.info/t/335033 but tweaked the rules for what was more fun/difficult for me. This is Jasmine around the neighboorhood:

snapshot-cd2aab8b-6d2ac0d3.jpg
    Passed out because the rules won't let me buy a bed XD but I do use benches at the park now (That rule was too hard!)
    snapshot-cd2aab8b-2d2ac2f2.jpg
    Sponge bathing to get that hygiene up 😀😀

And here's another pic of my sims terrified from the fire when lightning stuck a tree at the community park:
    snapshot-0b9656b5-4d4fb7c7.jpg

Oh and here's this pic. I think her and her bulldog is just too cute <3

snapshot-0c4db028-8c503b51.jpg

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt

Fab stories and pics. I have just nearly finished tweaking a world I want to start playing in and I hope my sims are as interesting as yours :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Am lousy with photos, but in Pleasantview I use an overall story based on Cassandra Goth's job chance card regarding finding ancient ruins. Once that kicks in the story line is that the village is built on the site of an ancient magical civilization and her entering the ruins has triggered the dormant magic into activity. The premade sims now have to deal with this new reality, which is added to by new families and sims moving in that have the qualities of that ancient people.
    edited May 2021
    I'm playing with a new family I created, they're the McConnell's, and both of the parents have the family aspiration. Soon after the third child, both, mom and dad got the "have 10 children" want. I've pinned that, and accepted the challenge! So far they have three kids, and they're expecting a new baby. Is getting hard because I'm trying to play without any money cheats, and things got tough pretty fast; mom has to stay at home often to take care of the kids and dad has a small job in the mail, so I had to send webster to work too (The doggo πŸ˜­πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸΆ) But they're managing it. They're all happy and have lots of family fun together!
    The kids are: Rosemary (5yold), Oliver (3yold) Winifred (1yold) Mom and dad are Beatrice and Baldwin. Mom got the pregnancy notification today! <3 I'll leave some pictures of the kids playing in the garden. Mom loves gardering, and Rosemary takes after her mom her nature enthusiasm...! Loves to collect bugs, catch fireflies, water the plants, and harvest berries 🌿🐞
    20e07125e79afb6b30cb00a43b9b0dbad6dadccf.jpg
    6b0aad13fc53a8536869e04cf3e0d8814d061abd.jpg
    57ad3a926b1d598c90f6757854fdabb4db68642f.jpg
    7850d5a7d12384cb76fd576957af3f32d74a70d3.jpg

edited May 2021
    So the dad has been saving to buy a toy crafting machine, and he finally, finally got one! He's been really excited about this new hobby, and the kids love it too. It's windy season, and he's working a lot to try to make a kite to fly with his kids.
    He's practicing and making all kind of toys for his family. Henry (the toddler) particually seems to love the "clown in a box" toy :D .
    I'm also updating: Now they're five siblings! Henry and Abigail are the newest little additions to the family. I just love this family. I swear they're just adorable.
    24c74fded016424530b3a2caa409856b8830fcd0.jpg

06dc383ca7e735e7b78a6a918c428355da84369c.jpg

4ff4fb9c80afb946f530332c7ef959358d8f9762.jpg
  • Lady EmeraldLady Emerald Posts: 18 Member
    This is interesting :)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Is there a trick for screenshots in Sims2? It seems like I can only find the last 2 I took, in a file called Storytelling. I keep Story mode off because I don't know what to do with it.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited March 2022
    Is there a trick for screenshots in Sims2? It seems like I can only find the last 2 I took, in a file called Storytelling. I keep Story mode off because I don't know what to do with it.

It's terrible, what I do it's to take a screenshot, immediately go to the file, cut and paste the pic somewhere else, leave the file empty, and go to the game again and take another.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited March 2022
    & @Elisdream

Hi :mrgreen:

Each neighborhood has it's own Storyteller folder where the game puts pictures.

Pleasantview would be in Documents\EA Games\The Simsβ„’ 2 Ultimate Collection (or The Sims 2)\Neighborhoods\N001\Storytelling

*What is Story mode?
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    @Elisdream So cute! Which world are you playing in?
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    A dorm drama slapfest was inevitable when there were several of them with the "romance" aspiration. They couldn't learn to keep it on the downlow XD

sims2dormslapfest.jpg

so I had my laughs, then got their aspiration level to gold and stuck their heads in the recombobulator and got them more sensible aspirations both so they could think about something else for 2 seconds, and so they'd stop jumping one another out of jealousy.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg