Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get rejected (romantically)?

I need a clip, just one clip of my sim trying to flirt with another sim and getting rejected. Doesn't even matter which interaction, as long as it involves a bit of physical contact. But no matter how bad I cheat their relationship, no matter if the target sim is tired or sad or tense, she always reciprocates.

So yeah, stupid question that nobody would have needed to ask pre-TS4, but... how do I get rejected?? :heartbreak:

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Well, my Sim got rejected repeatedly yesterday. She and the sim had flirted successfully before, but she had just gotten the "incredibly friendly" trait from the rewards store and he has the evil trait, so I assumed that was why. You can try assigning those traits.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Have you tried the 'slap 'em silly' interaction?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    With a new relationship, I usually see rejections if I try to use the "pick up line" or "confess attraction" socials while the pink bar is still really low, assuming the receiving sim is not in a flirty mood. Maybe also "caress cheek" or "embrace."

How high the pink bar needs to be for the action to be accepted does vary not only by mood but by individual. Pierce Delgato took forever to warm up in my game but Evie was practically engaged a few hours after she met my sim. Other than unflirty I'm not sure if any traits affect this, or if it's mostly random.

With established relationships, the only time I've seen romance interactions rejected is after one was caught cheating - while the very angry response was the dominant emotion the cheated on sim would reject all romance socials. But if the cheated on sim has the romantic trait in my experience they get sad instead of angry and may not reject flirts.

I have never seen the "flirt" or "compliment appearance" socials rejected except by cheated on sims and only for that first 24 hours or however long the angry response lasts. Or "Offer Rose" either.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    When it is available, try flirting with a celebrity who is full of himself t.u.r.d. I know this works as my sim who had a half full romance bar tried to first kiss her celebrity squeeze and he put his hand in her face to stop her! I could have I would have reached through this monitor and snapped his little head off. :D But back on subject, sorry, I would try a celebrity to flirt with, and so forth.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    If you use any romantic interaction apart from compliment appearance flirt or the flirty emotion interactions when the romance bar is at zero there is a fair chance that your sim will get rejected. Also try making your sims unflirty. Tgat also helps.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Try doing mean interactions to get them really, really angry. Then do a romantic interaction.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited April 2021
    Have an idle third person around. They will randomly interject, turn the conversation awkward, and nothing works for a bit even when I furiously attempt to delete said intruder. Hence why I hate 4's conversation mechanic.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I need a clip, just one clip of my sim trying to flirt with another sim and getting rejected. Doesn't even matter which interaction, as long as it involves a bit of physical contact. But no matter how bad I cheat their relationship, no matter if the target sim is tired or sad or tense, she always reciprocates.

So yeah, stupid question that nobody would have needed to ask pre-TS4, but... how do I get rejected?? :heartbreak:

make him uncomfortable or unflirty
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    What I did before was make one sim angry, the other embarrassed, and made sure the Romance bar was very low, then try a strong interaction like Confess Attraction. Seems to work pretty reliably.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    If the other sim is in a bad mood. (sad, uncomfortable, tense etc)
    and the pink bar is not too high.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't have much of an issue with that, it's always been the same come on too strong, or mix mean interactions with flirty ones right after the other pause and queue it up if you need to. Asking a risque question always fails for me before the pink bar or when it's practically empty.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I think Zulf did a mod for no rejection mod or maybe it was one of Zero's mods.

Zulf's mods
    https://www.patreon.com/cepzid/posts

Zero's mods
    https://www.patreon.com/zer0_Mods_

Which traits are you using? Any objections to using custom traits. Some traits including custom traits work better than others. I would use the romantic trait and custom trait Pretty to help. The other custom traits like Aphrodite haven't been updated and might not be. I used to use the Aphrodite trait because it had a broadcaster to make other sims around them flirty which aided in romantic interactions. The custom traits: pretty girl and pretty do the same thing but to a lesser degree.

Chingyu custom traits
    https://www.patreon.com/chingyu1023
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    My sims almost always get rejected with the confess attraction interaction
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Not sure if Feng is her real last name because she's married, but look for Lily Feng. She has the unflirty trait.

Otherwise, just try Romance social actions right off the bat with a sim that has 0 friendship/relationship.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    When it is available, try flirting with a celebrity who is full of himself t.u.r.d. I know this works as my sim who had a half full romance bar tried to first kiss her celebrity squeeze and he put his hand in her face to stop her! I could have I would have reached through this monitor and snapped his little head off. :D But back on subject, sorry, I would try a celebrity to flirt with, and so forth.
    This is the one idea suggested in this thread that I haven't already tried, but I realised after reading it that the flirting sim himself is famous... Could this be the reason? Are ordinary mortals just so infatuated with celebrities that they can't even grasp the concept of rejecting one?

drakharis wrote: »
    I think Zulf did a mod for no rejection mod or maybe it was one of Zero's mods.

Zulf's mods
    https://www.patreon.com/cepzid/posts

Zero's mods
    https://www.patreon.com/zer0_Mods_

Which traits are you using? Any objections to using custom traits. Some traits including custom traits work better than others. I would use the romantic trait and custom trait Pretty to help. The other custom traits like Aphrodite haven't been updated and might not be. I used to use the Aphrodite trait because it had a broadcaster to make other sims around them flirty which aided in romantic interactions. The custom traits: pretty girl and pretty do the same thing but to a lesser degree.

Chingyu custom traits
    https://www.patreon.com/chingyu1023
    Thanks, but I was actually looking for the opposite, I wanted my sim to get rejected. Perhaps there's a mod for that, too?

As for the Unflirty trait that has been brought up: That was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't quite work as intended. All it did was give the target sim a tense moodlet afterwards, but she did still reciprocate the romantic interaction while it was happening. I also tried playing around with the friendship and attraction bars, making both sims miserable emotion-wise, giving them opposite personality traits, removing any traits and skills (such as Charisma) that could have a positive effect on flirting, cheating a negative romance-related sentiment... Nothing worked.

The one thing that did work in the end (after one and a half hours of desperation) was making both sims embarrassed before trying to flirt. Then, and only then did the target sim finally refuse to have her hands kissed. I tried the mistletoe kiss right afterwards, just out of curiosity, and suddenly she was receptive again (despite still being embarrassed), but I only needed one clip and I got it. Still, what a strange game. If only romance was that easy in real life...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I do know that if a sim makes a flower arrangement and scents it with tulip then gifts it to their spouse, the spouse cannot flirt with another for a certain period of time.
  • SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    Getting rejected in game is my specialty. I usually get rejected without even trying, but if you want it guaranteed have two sims in the room and make sure you have romance up with both of them. One of them needs to be your boyfriend/girlfriend and the one you want to reject you. Kiss the sim that is not your boyfriend/girlfriend in front of your boyfriend/girlfriend. He/she will become jealous and angry. Try to propose to him/her and he/she will reject you.
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Get an unflirty sim, even if she is a duplicate for one scene. Eat microwaved food, this will give you a poor mood all together.