Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least fav build trends?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    simlander wrote: »
    This thread makes me wonder what people would say about my builds...

I already know what they would say about mine:

“He didn’t use any clutter!”

“Windows with no curtains?”

“Where is the toilet roll in the bathroom?”

“No upper cabinets in the kitchen? Reported.”

🤣🤣🤣

"She didn't use MOO? And her walls still look decorated?? But how??!"

I don't build though, lmao.
    I know a lot of people use this mod to place clutter:
    https://pictureamoebae.tumblr.com/post/169988134879/omsp-shelf-release

A lot of people assume it is MOO cheat causing a lot of the Gallery issues when it is actually this mod being used.

I thought that thing broke years ago and the creator stopped updating it.
    People still use it and yeah probably why it glitches builds.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I want to make a late addendum to my other post in the thread. I normally don't much like these kinds of threads, as they often come off as complaints and little else. I realize now that I (unintentionally, mind you) made myself guilty of that with my previous post. So what I want to say now is a big thank you to everyone who does build for public consumption; your work is not unappreciated, even if I don't personally care for one particular build or another.

I don't share my own work with others simply because it's done only for my own personal tastes and needs. Also I use lots of CC, I keep MOO all the time (originally because I got tired of turning it on and off when I downloaded things from the gallery, lol), and besides those I'm aware that my tastes don't seem widely shared by others.

For the record, there are tons of builds I've downloaded that I absolutely adore. So thank you again, all you creative and hard-working builders!

Thank you for this. Unfortunately this thread "I hate this!" now. :/
    I want to make a late addendum to my other post in the thread. I normally don't much like these kinds of threads, as they often come off as complaints and little else. I realize now that I (unintentionally, mind you) made myself guilty of that with my previous post. So what I want to say now is a big thank you to everyone who does build for public consumption; your work is not unappreciated, even if I don't personally care for one particular build or another.

I don't share my own work with others simply because it's done only for my own personal tastes and needs. Also I use lots of CC, I keep MOO all the time (originally because I got tired of turning it on and off when I downloaded things from the gallery, lol), and besides those I'm aware that my tastes don't seem widely shared by others.

For the record, there are tons of builds I've downloaded that I absolutely adore. So thank you again, all you creative and hard-working builders!

Not hate just least favorite trends like the thread title. I tend to like the tiny home trend because it helps a lot with coming up with ideas for the tiny lots provided in the game. It is ok to not 100% like or dislike something. It what makes us human and not robotic having free will of different tastes in art. We aren't going to like the same music either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I'm incredibly thankful for builders as I have absolutely no interest in building from scratch. My one pet peeve would be lots that sit too far back from the curb but that's easily fixed with the move lot tool.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I really don’t like the trend of using columns as exterior siding. I really wish they’d just add some dedicated edge/corner pieces to the sidings we have. Especially the ones with the edges on both sides.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Too much clutter(inside and outside) and overuse of MOO. If my sim can't use something or its made unusable by MOO, my sims don't need it.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    You guys keep blasting MOO, but I always have it on in my game and I never have any routing issues. I don't overly clutter, but I do put plants and things close to chairs and decorations on desks. I don't think that's the issue.

And here's my contribution...it basically has all the building trends you hate...but I did do this one for a tiny home challenge.

IsEuIGk.png

edited April 2021
    You guys keep blasting MOO, but I always have it on in my game and I never have any routing issues. I don't overly clutter, but I do put plants and things close to chairs and decorations on desks. I don't think that's the issue.

And here's my contribution...it basically has all the building trends you hate...but I did do this one for a tiny home challenge.

IsEuIGk.png
    Yeah it is like as long as we playtest it with turning it off before uploading it to see what objects stay is a great tool. I have known several builds that don't use the cheat that clutter the builds just because they never play in live mode and know how patching works in the game. That is just poor planning. My current bedroom is not routing friendly in game because game square footage is different from real square footage.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

IsEuIGk.png
    Yeah it is like as long as we playtest it with turning it off before uploading it to see what objects stay is a great tool. I have known several builds that don't use the cheat that clutter the builds just because they never play in live mode and know how patching works in the game. That is just poor planning. My current bedroom is not routing friendly in game because game square footage is different from real square footage.

Love the house but in the UK we would lay claim to all the lot by putting a fence or hedge all around the whole of it! Rather like building a defence against invaders. :)<3
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

actually with the mostly bad curtain selection we have I don't blame u

choosing curtains in this game takes me ages and it always just ends with me using same basic ones in white or black every dang time.

well unless i have wall height 2 which lets me use vampy curtains that are somewhat more pleasing to eye

oh and i guess new beady one is kinda cute for some windows though it never sits right unless i moo it in place p_p

I always play with walls down so I never decorate walls since I won’t see them anyway lol
    simlander wrote: »
    This thread makes me wonder what people would say about my builds...

I already know what they would say about mine:

“He didn’t use any clutter!”

“Where is the toilet roll in the bathroom?”

“No upper cabinets in the kitchen? Reported.”

🤣🤣🤣

"She didn't use MOO? And her walls still look decorated?? But how??!"

I don't build though, lmao.
    I know a lot of people use this mod to place clutter:
    https://pictureamoebae.tumblr.com/post/169988134879/omsp-shelf-release

A lot of people assume it is MOO cheat causing a lot of the Gallery issues when it is actually this mod being used.

Is that the infamous red shelf? Lol
    I still think the game should make people play test builds before uploading to the gallery. And if someone consistently uploads unplayable lots, they should be barred from posting.

Idk how they’d implement a feature like this but I would definitely support it.
    I still think the game should make people play test builds before uploading to the gallery. And if someone consistently uploads unplayable lots, they should be barred from posting.

That'll take all the fun out of seeing some fantastic builds though and I like to download and wander through those to admire the imaginations that dreamed them up. Not to play them.

Maybe Maxis could divide the Gallery up somehow for those checked out and get them marked as "play tested" for you.
    Simburian wrote: »

That'll take all the fun out of seeing some fantastic builds though and I like to download and wander through those to admire the imaginations that dreamed them up. Not to play them.

Maybe Maxis could divide the Gallery up somehow for those checked out and get them marked as "play tested" for you.

I can’t wrap my mind around uploading or downloading lots that aren’t meant to actually be played.

I can’t wrap my mind around uploading or downloading lots that aren’t meant to actually be played.

I do it all the time, look around them, then delete!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

actually with the mostly bad curtain selection we have I don't blame u

choosing curtains in this game takes me ages and it always just ends with me using same basic ones in white or black every dang time.

well unless i have wall height 2 which lets me use vampy curtains that are somewhat more pleasing to eye

oh and i guess new beady one is kinda cute for some windows though it never sits right unless i moo it in place p_p

I always play with walls down so I never decorate walls since I won’t see them anyway lol

well that surely spares you some annoyances :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm incredibly thankful for builders as I have absolutely no interest in building from scratch. My one pet peeve would be lots that sit too far back from the curb but that's easily fixed with the move lot tool.

Lol, I don't like Lots that sit right by the curb. Easily moved unless they have a pile of stuff out back.

I do that. I play one family. Everyone else is in homes I download because they look good. :p My family does visit other sims but so far I've not run into any annoyances while visiting.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I was just looking at some houses and remembered another thing - when there is only one set of stairs in the build and they are on the outside. I don't like sending my sims up or downstairs out in the rain and the snow.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited April 2021

I personally don't think this would be good because well its actually rather subjective what is playable and what is not and there is lots of builds that fall in between and itd just be awful if say you uploaded some cool tombs and then gallery be like ok ur posting nothing never again cause u didnt allow sims to walk right inside your treasure chambers and routing is tricky!

u kno...
    i think it'd just make gallery real boring

i do think they could add check box for playtested though so gallery could filter out things that are not playtested from your results

or there could be 3 star functionality rating people could optionally vote after downloading lot

as in
    ☆☆☆fully functional
    ☆☆partly functional
    ☆ not functional

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2021

Not hate just least favorite trends like the thread title. I tend to like the tiny home trend because it helps a lot with coming up with ideas for the tiny lots provided in the game. It is ok to not 100% like or dislike something. It what makes us human and not robotic having free will of different tastes in art. We aren't going to like the same music either.

You haven't said anything less than nice. I can't remember if it was this thread, but I've had to report some nasty comments... Edit: You haven't said anything bad.
    Post edited by BettyNewbie1 on

IsEuIGk.png

Love the house but in the UK we would lay claim to all the lot by putting a fence or hedge all around the whole of it! Rather like building a defence against invaders. :)<3
    I miss being able to fence around the edge of our lots. It helped a lot having that extra routing room especially with the small lots. Small lot trend bugs me because it ends up causing the worst routing issues.
    edited April 2021

You haven't said anything less than nice. I can't remember if it was this thread, but I've had to report some nasty comments...
    Lol what? So you got a personal problem with me ok? Don't know why you would destroy this perfectly "positive" thread with your hate towards me. Put me on ignore if you don't like me and sure feel free to report anyone including me for not floating your boat. Shame because Betty Newbie was actually nice in the first Sims game and actually was married to someone opposite to her. I guess the username doesn't fit oh well, c'est la vie. By the way thanks to me and others you hate you are able to play on console asking the Gurus who actually worked on that team to do it because console has a more unified processing system.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited April 2021

You haven't said anything less than nice. I can't remember if it was this thread, but I've had to report some nasty comments...
    Lol what? So you got a personal problem with me ok? Don't know why you would destroy this perfectly "positive" thread with your hate towards me. Put me on ignore if you don't like me and sure feel free to report anyone including me for not floating your boat. Shame because Betty Newbie was actually nice in the first Sims game and actually was married to someone opposite to her. I guess the username doesn't fit oh well, c'est la vie. By the way thanks to me and others you hate you are able to play on console asking the Gurus who actually worked on that team to do it because console has a more unified processing system.

I read that as you personally have not said anything mean, everything you've said has been nice. And the part about having to report nasty comments was just in general, not about you.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited April 2021
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I read that as you personally have not said anything mean, everything you've said has been nice. And the part about having to report nasty comments was just in general, not about you.

That's how I interpreted it. You haven't said anything less than nice. Meaning you've only said nice things in this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top