Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite thing to do in the game? and what packs help that?

As the title says. do you enjoy building if so what packs do you like most, if you like random play which packs appeal to you the most?

The reason I ask is because I am all over the place in this game, I just can't focus on one thing it seems and I love rotational playing but my stories are all in one save, I even created Jack Black just to have some fun and of course I love him, but lately I have been trying new careers out and things and I have been enjoying myself. I guess when I started the game I just worked on skills mostly and building which I truly enjoy as well. I just get lost, too many things to do I think once I bought many packs, it just became overwhelming for me. hahaha and boring sometimes.

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    My favorite thing used to be gardening, but it's been ruined, first Seasons ruined crafting plants and later when they fixed it we had a new bug that makes the plants revert to dirt piles frequently. I hope it gets fixed some day.

I think my favorite thing nowadays are pets, I love cats & dogs in Sims 4 and I also love rodents. The vet career is amazing, it works so well, there's no bugs and it's just so much fun to treat adorable pets.
    It gives me so much joy to watch the pets playing together and I always seem to catch new interactions between them. When my Sims are doing work tasks or something else that takes a lot of time I used to fast forward a lot, but now I just put the camera follow a pet and I'm entertained. :)

I play so many random households and I have a lot of saves, I enjoy a lot of things in Sims 4. I guess I'm also very much all over the place in my game.
    I love all the packs (except Eco Lifestyle), but my favorites are Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Snowy Escape and Vampires. I like family play a lot, but I'm not into realistic play, I love occults as well. I like relaxing and slow paced gameplay, I'm not in a hurry.
    Among animals, toddlers are amazing in Sims 4, they're adorable and very entertaining, I love their temper tantrums and happy giggles and everything. <3
    I guess Parenthood and Toddler Stuff pack are very important packs in my game too.
  • Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My favorite thing used to be gardening, but it's been ruined, first Seasons ruined crafting plants and later when they fixed it we had a new bug that makes the plants revert to dirt piles frequently. I hope it gets fixed some day.

I think my favorite thing nowadays are pets, I love cats & dogs in Sims 4 and I also love rodents. The vet career is amazing, it works so well, there's no bugs and it's just so much fun to treat adorable pets.
    It gives me so much joy to watch the pets playing together and I always seem to catch new interactions between them. When my Sims are doing work tasks or something else that takes a lot of time I used to fast forward a lot, but now I just put the camera follow a pet and I'm entertained. :)

I play so many random households and I have a lot of saves, I enjoy a lot of things in Sims 4. I guess I'm also very much all over the place in my game.
    I love all the packs (except Eco Lifestyle), but my favorites are Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Snowy Escape and Vampires. I like family play a lot, but I'm not into realistic play, I love occults as well. I like relaxing and slow paced gameplay, I'm not in a hurry.
    Among animals, toddlers are amazing in Sims 4, they're adorable and very entertaining, I love their temper tantrums and happy giggles and everything. <3
    I guess Parenthood and Toddler Stuff pack are very important packs in my game too.

Thank you for your reply, you sound like you play much like myself, I do love seeing the toddlers as well and just the chaos they can bring, I had 4 at one time and that was just insanity. hahaha. I always go back to my single gal whom is almost maxed out in all skills. I guess I wanted to create one master of all. but I love all of it. I just get bored and then I put on some music and log out, hahaha. or I build things which I love. I just think I suck at real story telling. hahha
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have about 400 played Sims now, so you can guess I pretty much do a little of everything. :)

I seem to use City Living, Get Together, and Go to Work more than anything else. My Sims always join clubs and go to festivals, and I use the science career a lot. I also use Strangerville in a lot of different ways. Strangerville can be helpful with paranoid conspiracy theorist Sims, Victorian houses, and cowboy clothes, in addition to the great world. I love retro styles so I use Go Bowling a lot too.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm all over the place since 2000 :lol: what i like more is to play legacies and watch kids grow, become adults, follow their desires, get a family and make the family tree keep growing.
    But i also love to play in rotation and have everyone's stories connected to each others.
    Recently i have been playing some kind of colonizing game: start in a blank save and only my sims home until all worlds are full.
    I also like to throw a challenge here and there, like the asylum challenge or so many others...

I change between this kind of playstyles all the time. I'm super inconsistent :lol:

ETA i need all the packs so that i can change playstyle with no problems. I like to have all content around.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I love rotational play and creating different kind of families to play. For that all packs help, I really use them all :smiley: Just recently I've been setting up my third retail store and it has been lots of fun, so I feel like I should give a special mention for Get to Work. In normal gameplay I probably use City Living, Seasons and Get Famous the most.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like to play a lot of ways so I'm not boxed in.... but if I want giggles... and often do, I sometimes default to making over the top characters and play in a deviant(ish) black comedy way.
    I really need packs like Get To Work for mad scientists, Strangerville for infection/possession and sci-fi, military presence and paranoia and ROM for making good and bad witches.

Nearly every pack though has something that furthers what kind of characters I can have and what they can do. What hobbies or careers they have, their hairstyles, even the types of home and decor they have. So I need and want it all basically and more..
    I do tend to cheer more though when I know a pack will have some really weird element or a new death type ect. Like I haven't played around much with Eco Living still but I dove into meat walls and bug farms quick. I wouldn't say I need it as much, but it has added in fun possibilities. I might not play with the CAS aspects or use much of the furniture in My First Pet, but a lot of sims have gone down to rabid rodent fever... ect. I could go on but I'm picking and choosing little things as examples.

I feel like I can just play sims normally also ... but for limited times. Like day to day family play or sending sims to work to see what happens and just further them in their life or career, or even just to see how some new gameplay item or element works can be fun for awhile. Also my sims not having a career or being tied down can be a favored way to play. Sims that just bounce around in life and in the world(s) and doing everything but career aspirations.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    I like to turn real famous people in to sims and make them populate my game. I use Get Famous for that and Get Together to organise lavish parties with the stars.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I use eco litestyle, city living and get together the most. I like rotational play and my sims usually join clubs and go to festivals. I also like rom and vampires because of occults. You could try and turn every lot in one neighboorhood green. I think its pretty fun.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2021
    Antwerpo wrote: »
    I like to turn real famous people in to sims and make them populate my game. I use Get Famous for that and Get Together to organise lavish parties with the stars.

I love playing real famous people too, but I don't usually like them to be famous in my game. I play them mostly because it cracks me up to see things like Queen Elizabeth rummaging through a dumpster in Evergreen Harbor.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I like to make single sims and run very short stories. I like to try out all of the careers, and I like to see what happens with different trait types. I really enjoy when funny moments happen and that is my most favorite thing to do right now, create odd moments. I probably use Get Together, and Spa Day more than any other packs. I just love spas. And I love to use the calendar to create holidays, so I guess Seasons is a top use as well.

I rarely play villains, but I decided to make a smooth talking scoundrel. His adventures began with a very, uh, welcoming welcome wagon and then progressed thru the upper echelon of the simworld's best known citizens. Now he is the father of 15 lovely children, including twins with Bella. Once the Caliente triangle of doom is delivered, he will be the father of 18. I don't know how much longer this story will last as Nancy Landgraab is currently plotting his demise. But man, those lounge scenes with 5 or 6 pregnant ladies just standing around staring at each other while he chats up the bartender have been entertaining.
    It sounds like my play style is " similar" to all of yours. Haha. I guess I just love doing it all, and maybe I would benefit from getting all packs eventually. I just thought it was an interesting question to ask rather than asking what is your favorite packs. It's great insight and helps me to decide which ones I should get next, plus I love hearing the stories. I do love story telling but I get side tracked fast in this game. :)

I think I would enjoy Get Famous, but I'm always worried the famous people will take over my game like in sims 3.

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    I love off the grid, living off the land type of gameplay. Foraging, fishing, mining for collectibles. I really enjoy having the whole day with my Sim just trying to get by, as opposed to having them have jobs where they are gone half the day.

One of my favorite saves focuses on two Sims who live on the Crumbling Isle in Windenburg and they fish everyday for their food and they go out to harvest the surrounding land and dig for stuff. They do wellness activities and woodworking and sometimes they go to the pool at the ruined areas and they do laundry by hand, and that’s basically it. They do not even have a house; they sleep in a tent. I am trying to build up the island as little villages for them as the population grows. One day it will be a full civilization if only they could master the technology of agriculture.🙂I’ve made up a bunch of rules for it like I can’t build a full structure unless a certain number of Sims have a certain Handiness skill, or they can’t establish a farm until a certain number of Sims have a certain Gardening skill, etc. It’s a very slow paced gameplay but it’s one I enjoy. Although one time, one of the Sims was bitten from the Creepy Crawlies lot trait and she was poisoned and I’ve never had that happen before so I thought she was going to die. So, I had to find them a bunch of money to travel to Selvadorada so they could find the antidote deep in the ruins. It was a race against time and it was so fun.

In another save, I’m sort of playing rags to riches as my Sim is trying to build a grape farm. She has a lot more freedom to travel to other lots than my other save, so she mostly spends her day going to the park to fish, going to the gym to workout and shower, searching around for stuff.

Some of the packs that I’ve bought have been to help support this kind of gameplay. I bought ROM, OR and JA for the fact that they are more natural world settings and they help add to my OTG aesthetic. The build/buy from OR and JA help too. And the fish, harvestables, and recipes add more variety. I could not play this kind of style without Seasons definitely. The world of Windenburg is a nice world to have for this as well, so Get Together is nice to have. Laundry Day and Spa Day which provide more for my Sims to do OTG. Oddly enough Eco Lifestyle which I would think would add to my game, is one I’ve purposefully avoided buying.

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I play rotational and everyone is involved in a soap opera. Romance triangles, murders, etc. I use Get Together for the club system.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2021
    Get Famous has a toggle for fame, in game settings. I have this turned off, and plan to later on let individual sims get famous by 'stepping out into the light', in their personal menu. The premades from the pack I will remove from the world by gameplay.

I mostly build and plan my worlds, and use all packs I have, which is almost all of the ones available. I like them all, for the worlds and items in build/buy mode and all the small interactions added; and some of them for their added features useful in a large way across the save, for example Get Together with its club feature, Eco Lifestyles for NAP's and Footprint, Parenthood for generational play. I like City Living very much for the apartments in the accompanied world.
    Lilacsky22 wrote: »
    It sounds like my play style is " similar" to all of yours. Haha. I guess I just love doing it all, and maybe I would benefit from getting all packs eventually. I just thought it was an interesting question to ask rather than asking what is your favorite packs. It's great insight and helps me to decide which ones I should get next, plus I love hearing the stories. I do love story telling but I get side tracked fast in this game. :)

I think I would enjoy Get Famous, but I'm always worried the famous people will take over my game like in sims 3.

I enjoy Get Famous. I deleted Baby Ariel right away because I don't want real people in my game. I am only annoyed by Brytani Cho. I would delete her, but my scoundrel is trying to get her attention. If you use mods, there are some that stop celebrities from showing up on certain lots. They do love the festivals though. I am not sure what would happen if you delete them all. Someone else may know.

I let my style influencer get a little bit famous, it adds a bit of flavor since she does spend a lot of time on social media. The fame system can be toggled off when you don't want to use it. There are several CAS options that I use regularly. And I think the buy/build objects are fantastic. In my opinion, it is absolutely worth getting when it's on sale.
    I love off the grid, living off the land type of gameplay. Foraging, fishing, mining for collectibles. I really enjoy having the whole day with my Sim just trying to get by, as opposed to having them have jobs where they are gone half the day.

One of my favorite saves focuses on two Sims who live on the Crumbling Isle in Windenburg and they fish everyday for their food and they go out to harvest the surrounding land and dig for stuff. They do wellness activities and woodworking and sometimes they go to the pool at the ruined areas and they do laundry by hand, and that’s basically it. They do not even have a house; they sleep in a tent. I am trying to build up the island as little villages for them as the population grows. One day it will be a full civilization if only they could master the technology of agriculture.🙂I’ve made up a bunch of rules for it like I can’t build a full structure unless a certain number of Sims have a certain Handiness skill, or they can’t establish a farm until a certain number of Sims have a certain Gardening skill, etc. It’s a very slow paced gameplay but it’s one I enjoy. Although one time, one of the Sims was bitten from the Creepy Crawlies lot trait and she was poisoned and I’ve never had that happen before so I thought she was going to die. So, I had to find them a bunch of money to travel to Selvadorada so they could find the antidote deep in the ruins. It was a race against time and it was so fun.

In another save, I’m sort of playing rags to riches as my Sim is trying to build a grape farm. She has a lot more freedom to travel to other lots than my other save, so she mostly spends her day going to the park to fish, going to the gym to workout and shower, searching around for stuff.

Some of the packs that I’ve bought have been to help support this kind of gameplay. I bought ROM, OR and JA for the fact that they are more natural world settings and they help add to my OTG aesthetic. The build/buy from OR and JA help too. And the fish, harvestables, and recipes add more variety. I could not play this kind of style without Seasons definitely. The world of Windenburg is a nice world to have for this as well, so Get Together is nice to have. Laundry Day and Spa Day which provide more for my Sims to do OTG. Oddly enough Eco Lifestyle which I would think would add to my game, is one I’ve purposefully avoided buying.

Yes I love this as well!!! I created my boyfriend in real life as a living off grid person and it was a challenge for sure, I had him in Oasis springs first but, omg it was hard to keep up with the water supply so I moved him to the island , the volcano lot and he can now take showers in the waterfalls, and fish all kinds of things. I love your input on a very unique style of playing the game, thank you. Also love the stories, keep them coming guys! I have yet to buy eco lifestyle too and I think it would make it a bit interesting for living off grid but also a bit easier, I love the challenge of living off grid. very cool.

Also the grape farm idea sounds really cool, I never thought of creating a farm of some type, that would be cool to try.I have yet to buy laundry day and I have spa day but yes I get how those packs would be helpful in OTG gameplay, something to think about for sure. Thanks again for the insight.
    Monet11 wrote: »

I enjoy Get Famous. I deleted Baby Ariel right away because I don't want real people in my game. I am only annoyed by Brytani Cho. I would delete her, but my scoundrel is trying to get her attention. If you use mods, there are some that stop celebrities from showing up on certain lots. They do love the festivals though. I am not sure what would happen if you delete them all. Someone else may know.

I let my style influencer get a little bit famous, it adds a bit of flavor since she does spend a lot of time on social media. The fame system can be toggled off when you don't want to use it. There are several CAS options that I use regularly. And I think the buy/build objects are fantastic. In my opinion, it is absolutely worth getting when it's on sale.

Do you mean toggled off like the weather system , like having thunderstorms etc? Well that would be cool then because if the fame gets out of control, that would make it worth while I think. I hate how in sims 3, they just take over your game also the vampires too, but I also love it because random people are becoming vampires. hahaha! I think I seen you can have a coy pond *spelling* with get famous? That is really cool, and I love the idea of actor career and maybe even building your own sets???? I just would like more details if you guys can tell me the little details that makes the packs stand out.

With Get together, I feel it is the best pack ever because you can control a group of sims and make them do things, it is A MASSIVE GAME CHANGER, imo. I think it is number one with packs, it is so cool and I am so happy I bought the pack sooner than later. I mean you can make clubs that go out and do things and that creates chaos in the game. for example. I made a vampire club that go's to any bar and they just want to blood suck, hahahaha!!!! I feel like people are not experiencing the depth in this game because they don't have the right packs and are not really playing the game to it's full potential...is it is just me??? I am starting to see that this game has everything we need to create our own worlds, and It's just all there but what are the major things that comes with a pack that helps change the game...?

Thank you all for your insight, It is really cool to learn about things in the game that I may be missing.
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    for me it changes from time to time. at first my favorite thing was gardening (I guess using features from seasons) and I used to play legacy style. and I liked making my legacy family do impressive things, like maxing careers and reach particular milestones. but that bored me quite quickly...

then, I got more into gameplay centered around a storyline that I made up as I went, more or less. I believe I managed time poorly, my sims barely aged and I kept getting bored of the same group of sims. I still play that save but I do get bored of it sometimes.

however, my new favorite thing to do is playing entire nbhs. by that I mean playing all the 4-5 households in one particular nbh (while the rest of the save is managed by mccc - rather chaotically but I don't mind that). I play 1 week per family and with aging on for everybody (long life span) - this for me has been a game changer, since managing aging has been a problem for me before. I feared my sims aging and dying, but in turn it caused me to get bored of them at some point.

Having all those households interact with each other, forming a variety of groups (get together), focusing more on experiences with those families (with the holidays in seasons and vacations to different destinations and going to restaurants) and less on reaching some arbitrary milestones in terms of their performance or money, having sims have casual hobbies (from any pack, really). Something I also enjoyed was taking things slow and not rushing relationships of any kind, promotions or skill improvement... I also play with the mod wonderful whims, which has an attraction system, which can create some potential mess, because sometimes sims are more attracted to some nbr than to their spouse, so that's a fun thing to keep in mind.

I plan on playing this way throughout another generation or two, keeping my favourite sims from those families and moving them to a different nbh once I get bored of this particular one, fill the rest of the homes with some new sims and starting this process again in that new nbh. I have to say I still have a lot of exploring to do, as I haven't tried out some features of some packs, like the actor career, or off the grid life in sulani. I'm also excited to recreate this gameplay style in some nbh of san myshuno and mt. komorebi.

something I guess is important too is having very different households, I wouldn't enjoy this play style with 4-5 functional, conventional families, I enjoy some variety. as an illustration, right now I'm playing a single dad with his toddler, the bff household, a single lady in a haunted house and a lesbian couple who adopted a toddler who all live in Foundry Cove, Willow Creek. the 5th lot there is a community park filled with activities for toddlers and children, stands with food and the voting thing from Eco Lifestyle.

one last thing. I used to not like toddlers and kids, but I found it's more enjoyable for me to not really control them directly, rather have the parents or siblings take care of all their needs (which is how it happens irl). the parenthood pack is amazing for this, imo. you can encourage kids to do things, punish or encourage different behaviours with a variety of reactions depending on the kid.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    My favorite thing lately has been Rags to Riches challenges, and Eco Living has been an absolute godsend for those. Doing a Dumpster R2R is so much fun, and the Community Spaces are great ways to help out your Sims who can't afford to buy crafting items yet. Nifty Knitting and Paranormal also help out a lot too - not only with the knitting and the treats the spectres leave, but also with Plopsy.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I don't build very much, so most of what I do has to do with gameplay. I usually tend to use the singing skill a lot because I find the bad singing to be hilarious, so City Living is definitely a favorite of mine. Of course, I also love the good singing, but it's just really funny when they sing terribly. I also love the dancing skill from Get Together since you can have a group of Sims all doing a dance at the same time. I find it fun to make a club dedicated to dancing and then having them all dance. I did just get the Vampires pack, so maybe I'll find something fun from that pack too!

Other than that, I mostly use romance interactions with Sims because I like to play as a matchmaker in my games. I like to pair as many Sims together as possible because I just find the romance to be so cute! That's why I really want more romance interactions in the game.
    Monet11 wrote: »

Do you mean toggled off like the weather system , like having thunderstorms etc? Well that would be cool then because if the fame gets out of control, that would make it worth while I think. I hate how in sims 3, they just take over your game also the vampires too, but I also love it because random people are becoming vampires. hahaha! I think I seen you can have a coy pond *spelling* with get famous? That is really cool, and I love the idea of actor career and maybe even building your own sets???? I just would like more details if you guys can tell me the little details that makes the packs stand out.

With Get together, I feel it is the best pack ever because you can control a group of sims and make them do things, it is A MASSIVE GAME CHANGER, imo. I think it is number one with packs, it is so cool and I am so happy I bought the pack sooner than later. I mean you can make clubs that go out and do things and that creates chaos in the game. for example. I made a vampire club that go's to any bar and they just want to blood suck, hahahaha!!!! I feel like people are not experiencing the depth in this game because they don't have the right packs and are not really playing the game to it's full potential...is it is just me??? I am starting to see that this game has everything we need to create our own worlds, and It's just all there but what are the major things that comes with a pack that helps change the game...?

Thank you all for your insight, It is really cool to learn about things in the game that I may be missing.

There is an option in the game pack setting to turn off fame for your sim and sims who are not yet famous. It does not turn off fame for anyone already famous, like the celebrities. Your sim can autonomously gain fame while you play unless you turn that off. Once you do that, there is an option to let your sim "step into the limelight" and become famous, but other newly created sims won't be. The lot traits that are in the pack are supposed to attract more celebs, so you wouldn't want to use those in many places. I use mods by Bienchen to keep celebs under control and townie reactions to them at a minimum. But if you prefer to play without mods, I am not entirely sure what kind of experience you will have with the celebrities. I have read that the game likes a certain number of them to always be in game, but I don't have personal knowledge of that.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited April 2021
    Like most on this thread I play rotationally, and I have a pretty big rotation. Most of my sims know several other sims in my rotation, and do things with them. I love the active careers, and have a sim at the top of each of those and a sim at the top of several of the original rabbit hole careers. There are still several careers I haven’t explored yet. I have all the packs, but don’t use CC or mods.

Each of my households are different, most all belong to clubs, either for family gatherings or various other things. I find each pack adds something else for my sims. I think it’s cute how my Doctor Sim delivers all of the babies, I have a musician, ( mostly guitar player ) working on fame, and a football player living with a media person both notables in fame now, both are active sims who love vacationing in Sulani and Mt. K when they can. By the way, you can opt each person out of fame if you want to. I also have a hot headed painter, along with various other career sims. My photographer, my boss ( criminal sim ) with his jealous wife...... a scientist, police detective, politician, and recently been working with my DJ and style influencer who live in the party house with a couple of others. And there is my military hero sim in strangerville too, and that’s just a smattering of them.

Probably the most important Expansion packs for me are Get together, and Get to work, and because of fame Get famous, but the vacation packs, Island living, Snowy Escape, Outdoor retreat and Jungle adventure are important too. I have families with toddlers, children, and teens too so parenthood , children and toddler furniture and toy packs are important too. I have a few sims with animals too, from cats and dogs to rodents and even frogs and insects. Occult’s are probably the least important in my game, but spellcasters, vampires, and aliens all have their minor place in my game too. The Goths had to move to forgotten hollow....And I love the furniture in Realm of Magic. All of the worlds are different, and I love each one. And what would a game be like without restaurants, and spas? Backyard stuff is one of my favorites too. Every pack has it’s place in my game. They add clothes, hairstyles and objects.

Lately I have been updating my buildings for Eco lifestyle, and am going to concentrate on the naps coming up, wish I had more room for community lots. I still need to update a couple of lots to community space lots, but wish I had room for more.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I do a lot of building, but also family storytelling and rotational gameplay.

My must haves for building&interior are Get Together, Tiny Living, City Living, Cats and Dogs. For gameplay/storytelling it would be Get Together, City Living, Eco Lifestyle, and Cats and Dogs.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    My favorite thing lately has been Rags to Riches challenges, and Eco Living has been an absolute godsend for those. Doing a Dumpster R2R is so much fun, and the Community Spaces are great ways to help out your Sims who can't afford to buy crafting items yet. Nifty Knitting and Paranormal also help out a lot too - not only with the knitting and the treats the spectres leave, but also with Plopsy.

Recently started a R2R and Eco Lifestyle was essential. I saw James Turner play an extreme version where you could not sell items directly out of inventory. City Living made it possible to sell collectibles at the Flea Market, this made the gameplay so much more immersive.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    My favorite thing to do in Sims 4 is make up my own stories. But I feel like this breaks down into four major components that many people often seem to treat as separate things:

1) Creating characters. I love making sims in CAS and I have made hundreds and hundreds of them. Most of which are intended as background characters in the games I play rather than as sims I will be playing. Some will be main characters or side characters though. Packs that help with this: All of them. In order to be able to create a huge range of different characters with the appearance of different personalities, lifestyles, and life histories, I need a lot of options for clothing, hairstyles, and accessories, The more the better.

2) Creating sets. I love building, and I can easily spend hours or days working on one lot, but I am almost always building for a purpose. I have a scenario in mind that I want to take place in a particular setting. Once I've built the lot, how much I use it depends on how big of a role that location plays in the story. Packs that help with this: Again, all of them. See point one.

3) Creating stories. This may be casual and meandering, just playing with my main characters and seeing what develops, or it may involve elaborate planning and writing of SimLit. I have saves on both ends of that scale and nearly everything in between. Packs that help with this: obviously all of them, but in particular I find Get Together's club system an extremely useful tool. It allows me to have some control over the "walk-on" and "supporting" characters who are not in my active household. I can give two lots of the same lot type, for example, each a completely different feel by using the club system to influence who shows up there and what they do while they're there. I can also use it to make a specific sim show up at lots that my main character sim goes to, ensuring that they will cross paths in certain key places.

4) Taking screen shots. I take a lot of screen shots. I can easily take a hundred or more screen shots in one play session. I spend huge amounts of time with the game paused, moving the camera around to get exactly the angle I want, making minor adjustments to the scene to make it look the way I want. In my most extreme planned out SimLit saves, I'll replay certain story scenes over and over, screen-shooting them until I get what I need for the story. Packs that help with this: Pretty much all of them. Plus, for the more planned out stories, I use a lot of custom poses, most of which I make myself.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".