Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC - can no longer add/remove buffs

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
Hi!

I just updated MCCC and a few other outdated mods today, and now MCCC doesn't work as it used to. I am having a hard time figuring out how that happened.
I've been using MCCC to edit my sims roommates' hidden buffs (deleting and adding quirks, archetypes and interests, for example I've deleted the breaker archetype and added the fixer archetype to make it less annoying).

After I updated MCCC I can no longer browse the buffs (click roommate > MCCC > MC Cheats > Cheat Sim Info > Mood/Buff Control > Add Buff/Remove Buff), I only get an option to search for the buff. I used to get a new window with all the buffs the sim currently has (when clicking remove buff), and when adding buffs I'd get a super long list of every buff in the game. When I try to search for the archetype I know the sim has, nothing comes up.

To be able to edit the buffs of the roommates is crucial for me to enjoy the game. It is super annoying to get 5 roommates with mealmaker/breaker/music interest, the dorm is a horrible place to be in, dirty dishes and spoiled food everywhere, several broken toilets and sims playing the violin horribly all day long..

Please help <3

Comments

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    There was an update to 8.1. Not sure if you updated but the option is still there for me.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    plau wrote: »
    Hi!

I just updated MCCC and a few other outdated mods today, and now MCCC doesn't work as it used to. I am having a hard time figuring out how that happened.
    I've been using MCCC to edit my sims roommates' hidden buffs (deleting and adding quirks, archetypes and interests, for example I've deleted the breaker archetype and added the fixer archetype to make it less annoying).

After I updated MCCC I can no longer browse the buffs (click roommate > MCCC > MC Cheats > Cheat Sim Info > Mood/Buff Control > Add Buff/Remove Buff), I only get an option to search for the buff. I used to get a new window with all the buffs the sim currently has (when clicking remove buff), and when adding buffs I'd get a super long list of every buff in the game. When I try to search for the archetype I know the sim has, nothing comes up.

To be able to edit the buffs of the roommates is crucial for me to enjoy the game. It is super annoying to get 5 roommates with mealmaker/breaker/music interest, the dorm is a horrible place to be in, dirty dishes and spoiled food everywhere, several broken toilets and sims playing the violin horribly all day long..

Please help <3

If you click on the OK button without entering anything into the search box, you should see the list the same as we all did before MCCC was updated to 8.0.0. If you're not seeing the OK button at all, then you likely have some kind of UI issue not directly related to MCCC (especially if you have a UI mod that hasn't been updated).
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited April 2021
    Omg, thank you @VeeDub ! Why didn't I think of that before, I always just clicked "back", haha. Thanks again :)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    plau wrote: »
    Omg, thank you @VeeDub ! Why didn't I think of that before, I always just clicked "back", haha. Thanks again :)

You're very welcome. I'm still getting used to the newer menus myself. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)