Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name the best builders

I was watching some challenges on YouTube and noted some ID's from builders they showed.
There are some amazing builds but I noticed the most beautiful builds are the most difficult to live in. They obscure the camera from every angle with lots of little stuff that is nice to watch at but is not practical to live in. The trend seems to be the house as small as possible and details all over the lot.
I was wondering: who does the best builds? Name them and the why you like they're builds.

Comments

• PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2021
    Builds done for challenges are designed usually for aesthetics and not gameplay. You want to focus on the visual if the lot is being toured on stream or featured in a youtube video. I recently did a shell challenge where we only had a 20k budget, so my build had more decor rather then skill building items.

My favorite builder is @DevonBumpkin . I can look at one of his builds and vividly imagine the type of sim who lives there, he really nails the environmental story telling. Beautiful exteriors and interiors, he lays out furniture like an interior designer. Devon also has quite a range, creating everything from little cozy cottages to sleek brutalist builds. I really really hope he is selected to design lots for the next expansion pack.
    Post edited by Pickledtiara on
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    There’s one YouTuber named SatiSims; they make complex high fantasy builds with lots of details. I have no idea how playable their builds are but I enjoy watching the build videos. Tbh they have so many details and often take up the entire lot which tends to be the bigger lots, so I have a feeling they’d be a pain to play in.

But, I just really enjoy the idea of having a medieval village (something SatiSims has built) and being able to live there while also having other Sims live there while also having things like a tavern or a blacksmith or a bakery or whatever other kind of communal building all on one lot.

I really like the idea of centralizing a lot of stuff into one space. But because of the way the lots and worlds are setup, I don’t know how well these things run in-game.

I don’t actually download any builds from the gallery so to an extent playability doesn’t actually matter to me. I just enjoy the creativity from non-traditional residential and community lot builds.

Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thank you for creating this thread, I think it is very constructive in its approach.

I don't remember account names, but here are a few things I usually look for:

Builds that don't have too many floors, since there is no gameplay for it, and the sims take a lot of time wandering the stairs. Lifting the camera takes time as well.

Floor plans that are compact, thought through in regards to routing, and that takes actual gameplay into account. I like playing the game, but not to wait for my sims to go around the bend :)

Beauty, which is very subjective. To me it often means generous colour use combined with colour coding, and using complex shapes (that still are see through whith walls half down), and to think as a builder who builds for a game with its own mechanics, and not a real house architect.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    My favorite that I've found is @CatSaar. They have tons of gorgeous builds which also play really well. Wanted to share specifically this build which I love
    It's sort of an Italian farmhouse which I love the style of and it has a big garden which is perfect for gardener sims
    04-16-21-4-50-16-PM.png
    04-16-21-4-50-25-PM.png

Screenshot of it in game for reference, it's great to play in, nothing obstructing the view of any part of the house

04-16-21-4-50-59-PM.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    My favorite that I've found is @CatSaar. They have tons of gorgeous builds which also play really well. Wanted to share specifically this build which I love
    04-16-21-4-50-16-PM.png
    04-16-21-4-50-25-PM.png

Screenshot of it in game for reference, it's great to play in, nothing obstructing the view of any part of the house

04-16-21-4-50-59-PM.png

Ooh I love that home. Thanks for sharing. I’m always looking for nice builds that are functional.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    There’s one YouTuber named SatiSims; they make complex high fantasy builds with lots of details. I have no idea how playable their builds are but I enjoy watching the build videos. Tbh they have so many details and often take up the entire lot which tends to be the bigger lots, so I have a feeling they’d be a pain to play in.

But, I just really enjoy the idea of having a medieval village (something SatiSims has built) and being able to live there while also having other Sims live their while also having things like a tavern or a blacksmith or a bakery or whatever other kind of communal building all on one lot.

I really like the idea of centralizing a lot of stuff into one space. But because of the way the lots and worlds are setup, I don’t know how well these things run in-game.

I don’t actually download any builds from the gallery so to an extent playability doesn’t actually matter to me. I just enjoy the creativity from non-traditional residential and community lot builds.

I've tried some of SatiSims builds. They're playable enough, but there are many annoyances. Stairs can be in weird places, there can be hidden walls or in order to get to a room, you have to walk up a flight of stairs, through a hall, down a flight and then up a different flight. They're gorgeous builds, but not always functional.
    I am not the op but I would love to see this thread be about celebrating creativity. There are already so many threads picking apart what builders do, it would be nice to have one space where they could visit and feel that their work matters and is appreciated.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    trophy wrote: »
    Builds done for challenges are designed usually for aesthetics and not gameplay. You want to focus on the visual if the lot is being toured on stream or featured in a youtube video. I recently did a shell challenge where we only had a 20k budget, so my build had more decor rather then skill building items.

My favorite builder is Devon Bumpkin. I can look at one of his builds and vividly imagine the type of sim who lives there, he really nails the environmental story telling. Beautiful exteriors and interiors, he lays out furniture like an interior designer. Devon also has quite a range, creating everything from little cozy cottages to sleek brutalist builds. I really really hope he is selected to design lots for the next expansion pack.

Never heard of him, but I just googled him and watched one of his youtube vids and like what I see. Thanks for sharing.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @emere makes beautiful lots and every one I've used has clearly been thoroughly play tested so no issues with routing.
    edited April 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    trophy wrote: »

My favorite builder is Devon Bumpkin. I can look at one of his builds and vividly imagine the type of sim who lives there, he really nails the environmental story telling. Beautiful exteriors and interiors, he lays out furniture like an interior designer. Devon also has quite a range, creating everything from little cozy cottages to sleek brutalist builds. I really really hope he is selected to design lots for the next expansion pack.

Never heard of him, but I just googled him and watched one of his youtube vids and like what I see. Thanks for sharing.

Your welcome! He is also entertaining to watch on his streams. I love that his content caters to more of an adult audience, nothing vulgar but cheeky fun. @CatSaar is amazing and I also love PugOwned. She is known for her beautiful pets but she is a fantastic builder too.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    jenba-sims Gallery ID: silrosse
    Beatdoc Gallery ID: Beatdoc16
    ratboysims Gallery ID: ratboysims
    Roxxy Sims Gallery ID: RoxxySims
    Peaches Place Gallery ID: PeachesPlace
    Peacemaker_ic Gallery ID: peacemaker_ic
    simsontherope Gallery ID: simsontherope
    SimplyMandy Gallery ID: Mandykay77
    Gallery ID: ruthless_kk
    Gallery ID: NSProduction99

I made a list of a bunch of builders I follow on the gallery because I'm currently replacing every single lot in the game.
    My favorite is Beatdoc. She renovates a lot of EA lots with no CC and never overdoes it with objects. Silrosse is also a favortie. She creates save files with lots + households and every lot is playtested.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's sort of an Italian farmhouse which I love the style of and it has a big garden which is perfect for gardener sims
    04-16-21-4-50-16-PM.png
    04-16-21-4-50-25-PM.png

04-16-21-4-50-59-PM.png
    I also found this creator recently and they are very talented. I really like this Newcrest High School they built. Honestly, the screenshots don't do it justice.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Simschicc. I've watched her on you tube since she had twelve or fifty subscribers.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    @emere makes beautiful lots and every one I've used has clearly been thoroughly play tested so no issues with routing.

Oh yeah I love @emere’s showcase thread.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member

But, I just really enjoy the idea of having a medieval village (something SatiSims has built) and being able to live there while also having other Sims live there while also having things like a tavern or a blacksmith or a bakery or whatever other kind of communal building all on one lot.

Im going to second Satisims. Iirc, they did a build based on the home city or main city for the Alliance from World of Warcraft. *chefs kiss* absolutely brilliant!
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I love many of the ones mentioned here---@silrosse and @CatSaar lots populate all my worlds, but I also want to shout out @moonlightowl-es. They do really complex fanciful lots but they also have these amazing seasonal lots for parks. I change up all my parks each season with their lots.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @TheDismalSimmer is a genius at builds.
    Also KateEmerald, check out her YouTube channel, Idk how these builders just have soooo much creativity.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    DrGluon, eimajunknown, Kippsidaisy, withlovejulian, IvoryM13, ropodog, Drutrubuilder, michele_blue, and flubber32c4 just to name a few.

This is a really fun build collab too:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    I love ruthless_kk, she makes the most adorable and pretty starterhomes.
    Also a big fan of plnch25, her youtube is Pch Sims. All her houses look so beautiful from the outside and also the insides are very detailed and well furnished.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,463 Member
    Me. Because I know exactly what I want and how I want it! 😂

K dude. Calm down.

The one who stands out for me is Sati Sim. Some of you already mentioned them.
    I don’t believe all their work is functional, but their creations are often literally out of this world. Hands down one of the most talented content creators for the sims 4. I sometimes watch Kate Emerald’s tutorials too and I think they’re great.
    Other than that....😬

I absolutely love building but I’m a bit ashamed of myself that I don’t download many builds and therefore not know a lot of great creators.
    Gonna spend time looking up some of the creators mentioned here and check out their builds. Cheers! 👍🏼
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited April 2021
    Me. Because I know exactly what I want and how I want it! 😂

K dude. Calm down.
    :lol: I was also debating myself if i should throw shameless self promo for a joke

but yeah I tend to just build my own stuff so idk many builders
    aside from well very known wise teachers of youtube like kate emerald and such
    but also like i wouldn't really normally play in the cool houses like those
    cause if it glitches idk even where to start solving the problem :sweat_smile:

so for that reason i shall be my own best builder instead :lol:
    though skills are highly inferior to probably 99% of builders i could be mentioning :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited April 2021
    I use my own but I love downloading different lots and checking them out. You can learn so much, one of my favorite things is discovering a swatch I didn't know existed. A recent one was a rug piece in Get Famous that has a very traditional design for the default, I did not realize that there were more modern geometrical patterns too.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2021
    I would say in no particular order

Kate Emerald
    Devon Bumpkin
    HeyHarrie
    Her Majesty Builds
    Soulsistersims - I found them one day on my YouTube feed for recommended videos and have been a fan since
    There are more but I didn't want a long list
    Though I like Lilsimsie and James Turner I wouldn't equate them at the same level as the other builders mentioned.

I rarely use the gallery and build for myself. I don't think of myself as one of the best but I do a good enough job. Devon Bumpkin's builds have taught me to do better landscaping with my builds. Kate Emerald has shown me how to use the T.O.O.L mod in her builds that some of the best of the best use to create amazing builds.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I love Kate Emerald's builds, they are so beautiful & extremely so detailed. I watch her build videos & think so pretty but very exhausing. However, some of the way she uses the roofs for her designing inspired me for some of my builds. She's very cool. B)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I would say in no particular order

Kate Emerald
    Devon Bumpkin
    HeyHarrie
    Her Majesty Builds
    Soulsistersims - I found them one day on my YouTube feed for recommended videos and have been a fan since
    There are more but I didn't want a long list
    Though I like Lilsimsie and James Turner I wouldn't equate them at the same level as the other builders mentioned.

I rarely use the gallery and build for myself. I don't think of myself as one of the best but I do a good enough job. Devon Bumpkin's builds have taught me to do better landscaping with my builds. Kate Emerald has shown me how to use the T.O.O.L mod in her builds that some of the best of the best use to create amazing builds.
    I love HeyHarrie's builds. I met her through two other great builders that taught me how to landscape LeaMorgana and
    chloessims.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller