Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hi, I joined this forum to start a thread to ask a specific question but I can't seem to start a thread to ask?

Is there something I am missing?

Hello @jayniesimmer :) Welcome to the forums!
    New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread when you become a full member.
  • jayniesimmerjayniesimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @jayniesimmer :) Welcome to the forums!
    > New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    > You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    > You will be able to start a new thread when you become a full member.

Thank you for responding however I am not going to be spending my time doing that. I came here for a very specific issue regarding toddlers and potty skills. The only existing thread which comes close to approaching this issue is from last year - which apparently would make me guilty of "necroposting".

I have made a thread over at EA for Sims 4.

I'm sorry but I find these rules tedious.
  • qpenthosqpenthos Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone! My real name is Eda and I'm 19 years old. I enjoy playing games, reading, etc. ( it feels kind of weird to write these things :smiley: ) I really love animals and of course, talking about them too. I believe with time we all get to know each other because i think about being here for a while :blush:
    qpenthos wrote: »
    Hey everyone! My real name is Eda and I'm 19 years old. I enjoy playing games, reading, etc. ( it feels kind of weird to write these things :smiley: ) I really love animals and of course, talking about them too. I believe with time we all get to know each other because i think about being here for a while :blush:

Hello @qpenthos :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you like animals. You would also be enjoying having your sims have sims animals as a part of their household. Sims cats and dogs are cute!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads.
    Happy simming! :)
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Hi everyone,

Figgy here, I have been playing The Sims since 2000 on and off. I still remember my mind being blown at how wonderful the game was, when I was just a little kid. I was only allowed to play games for 1 hour a day and my cousin was the only one who had the game and a computer that could run it well in the old times in Czechia.

Fast forward to when Sims 2 and all the wonderful extensions came out, I was so impressed. I remember spending hundreds of hours on Nightlife, University and Apartment life gameplay.

I loved the Sims 3, but I was getting "too old to play" by that time and the laptop I had was slowly dying under the pressure of the game. I still think TS3 is the best of all, but it's so system heavy that it's not even funny.

I took a break from Sims for a bunch of years, being busy with life. But flash forward to the lockdowns and having a lot of time on my hands and nowhere to go to spend it, I looked into the wonderful world of The Sims 4. I started playing TS4 around the time when Eco Lifestyle was announced and I was so excited for the expansion, as I thought it was the best idea ever. I was so shocked by how much the other simmers on social media hated the idea of eco living in TS4.

Before the lock down, the game was something I enjoyed on my own and never searched to connect with the community, but all things considered with the world being shut down, I really enjoy connecting with other simmers through gallery, reddit, and now on the forums that I newly discovered.

Here's to a many many more years of Simming!
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
    figglene wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Figgy here, I have been playing The Sims since 2000 on and off. I still remember my mind being blown at how wonderful the game was, when I was just a little kid. I was only allowed to play games for 1 hour a day and my cousin was the only one who had the game and a computer that could run it well in the old times in Czechia.

Fast forward to when Sims 2 and all the wonderful extensions came out, I was so impressed. I remember spending hundreds of hours on Nightlife, University and Apartment life gameplay.

I loved the Sims 3, but I was getting "too old to play" by that time and the laptop I had was slowly dying under the pressure of the game. I still think TS3 is the best of all, but it's so system heavy that it's not even funny.

I took a break from Sims for a bunch of years, being busy with life. But flash forward to the lockdowns and having a lot of time on my hands and nowhere to go to spend it, I looked into the wonderful world of The Sims 4. I started playing TS4 around the time when Eco Lifestyle was announced and I was so excited for the expansion, as I thought it was the best idea ever. I was so shocked by how much the other simmers on social media hated the idea of eco living in TS4.

Before the lock down, the game was something I enjoyed on my own and never searched to connect with the community, but all things considered with the world being shut down, I really enjoy connecting with other simmers through gallery, reddit, and now on the forums that I newly discovered.

Here's to a many many more years of Simming!

Hello @figglene :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since 2000, started by playing the original The Sims. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years and households that you have played.
    It is great that after a break, the lockdown has brought you back to simming, and playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers on the threads and enjoy posting about what is happening in your game.
  • EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone ! 😀
    I am a new member on the forum ! My name is EpsiPlay, I'm French and I am a huge Sims 4 fan. I created a youtube channel and can't wait to share my passion for the game with all of you !
    See you soon 😉
  • Fake_PersonFake_Person Posts: 12 New Member
    Um hello? when am I allowed to ask questions?
    My name is Fake person. I feel protected behind my computer. anyway I never thought I would like sims till tried sims Freeplay on the phone
    EpsiPlay wrote: »
    Hi everyone ! 😀
    I am a new member on the forum ! My name is EpsiPlay, I'm French and I am a huge Sims 4 fan. I created a youtube channel and can't wait to share my passion for the game with all of you !
    See you soon 😉

Hello @EpsiPlay :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have a simming YouTube channel! Simmers would enjoy watching your videos that you post. You may to read and post on the threads in the video haven section of the forums.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/artist-haven

Um hello? when am I allowed to ask questions?
    My name is Fake person. I feel protected behind my computer. anyway I never thought I would like sims till tried sims Freeplay on the phone

Hello @Fake_Person It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!

New members are unable to start new threads until they become full members. You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    You will be able to start a new thread when you become a full member.

• EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @EpsiPlay :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have a simming YouTube channel! Simmers would enjoy watching your videos that you post. You may to read and post on the threads in the video haven section of the forums.
    >
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/artist-haven
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Hi Rosemow ! Thank you for this very friendly welcome ! 😀
    This forum does not work the same as the French forum, so I thank you for explaining to me how to post videos for Youtubers. 😉
    Happy simming too ! 👍
    EpsiPlay wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @EpsiPlay :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have a simming YouTube channel! Simmers would enjoy watching your videos that you post. You may to read and post on the threads in the video haven section of the forums.
    >
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/artist-haven
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Hi Rosemow ! Thank you for this very friendly welcome ! 😀
    This forum does not work the same as the French forum, so I thank you for explaining to me how to post videos for Youtubers. 😉
    Happy simming too ! 👍

You’re welcome :) Thankyou!
  • SimDerekSimDerek Posts: 2 New Member
    Just me... a resident of the Pacific Northwet, anime blogger, photographer, and The Sims player.

Started with Sims 1 way back when, spotted a bundle for sale at Costco and had a Christmas check from my grandmother burning a hole in my pocket... Migrated to TS2 when it came out and eventually owned all the expansions. Had a huge multi-generational neighborhood that I played for the better part of a decade until... I lost it in a hard drive crash. And because I'd gotten lazy about backups my newest backup was a (real life calendar) year old.

I didn't restart, I just didn't have the heart, and I didn't touch the Sims again for almost eight years.

Then, last week, EA had TS4 for sale on Steam for $5, and I just couldn't resist. Now I'm hooked again.
    SimDerek wrote: »
    Just me... a resident of the Pacific Northwet, anime blogger, photographer, and The Sims player.

Started with Sims 1 way back when, spotted a bundle for sale at Costco and had a Christmas check from my grandmother burning a hole in my pocket... Migrated to TS2 when it came out and eventually owned all the expansions. Had a huge multi-generational neighborhood that I played for the better part of a decade until... I lost it in a hard drive crash. And because I'd gotten lazy about backups my newest backup was a (real life calendar) year old.

I didn't restart, I just didn't have the heart, and I didn't touch the Sims again for almost eight years.

Then, last week, EA had TS4 for sale on Steam for $5, and I just couldn't resist. Now I'm hooked again.

Hello @SimDerek :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, and that you bought it from money that your Grandma gave you from Christmas <3 It is great that this then led you on to playing Sims 2 also. I am so sorry that you lost all your work when your hard drive crashed :( It would have been so very upsetting for you :(
    It is great that due to the sale on Steam you are back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4 :)
  • mayhopesmayhopes Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello :D I'm a psych student and love playing Sims 4. I used to play Sims 3 with my sister and have not stopped since. Now I have found this forum and am very excited to see what you guys are up to!
  • alejandroalejandro Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, my name's Alejandro.
    I love listening to music of all kinds and genres, I love writing short stories and watching MCU movies and anime.
    I have a huge fear of rollercoasters; I stick to carousels, and I really enjoy playing the sims!
    mayhopes wrote: »
    Hello :D I'm a psych student and love playing Sims 4. I used to play Sims 3 with my sister and have not stopped since. Now I have found this forum and am very excited to see what you guys are up to!

Hello @mayhopes :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that your studies are going well. You would enjoy simming as an enjoyable break from your studies. It is very lovely that you used to play Sims 3 with your sister <3 It is great that you are now also enjoying playing Sims 4.
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
    alejandro wrote: »
    Hi, my name's Alejandro.
    I love listening to music of all kinds and genres, I love writing short stories and watching MCU movies and anime.
    I have a huge fear of rollercoasters; I stick to carousels, and I really enjoy playing the sims!

Hello @alejandro :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy listening to music. Music is great to listen to however we are feeling that day. It helps to cheer us if we are sad or in pain, and when we are happy or glad it adds to the happiness we have. It is great that you enjoy writing short stories. You would be enjoying making up stories for your sims.
  • MissCrackenthorpeMissCrackenthorpe Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi everyone! I've been playing The Sims since the very first version came out in the year 2000, and I've been playing Sims 4 on and off for years, but it's only been since the pandemic that I've been playing Sims 4 nearly every day, and getting really into renovating and decorating. I also love playing with single Sims in tiny houses, as I am able to ramp up their skills easily, and work their way up through a full career ladder.
    Hi everyone! I've been playing The Sims since the very first version came out in the year 2000, and I've been playing Sims 4 on and off for years, but it's only been since the pandemic that I've been playing Sims 4 nearly every day, and getting really into renovating and decorating. I also love playing with single Sims in tiny houses, as I am able to ramp up their skills easily, and work their way up through a full career ladder.

Hello @MissCrackenthorpe :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have been enjoying spending many happy and enjoyable hours over the time playing,creating sims and building/furnishing homes! Simming is fun!
    Your enjoyment of playing with single sims in tiny houses, is great! It is very nice seeing how their sims life develops.
  • Dystopian_OverladyDystopian_Overlady Posts: 28 Member
    Hi everyone, I started playing The Sims in 2000 after my uncle gave the first version of the game to me as a Christmas present. I continued playing The Sims throughout my teenage years but stopped playing in my 20s. I rediscovered The Sims recently as a way to cope with my country's lockdown. I love that Sims do not have to wear masks in the game, that they can hug, travel, throw parties...

Another element I've discovered are Challenges. I didn't play any Challenges as a teenager and didn't even know they existed. After finding them, I immediately tried out the Legacy Challenge and the Asylum Challenge. Both of them turned out to be a fantastic experience. Currently, I am working on my own dystopia-style challenge, which combines the 100 Baby Challenge, the Alien Repopulation Challenge, the Legacy Challenge, and several Rotational Play Challenges. The working title is "The Children of Men Challenge." This probably won't be the last challenge I am developing. I've never had so much fun playing The Sims :smile:

I am glad to have found this place and want to thank all of you for the creative work you are doing! I was amazed to see all the fan-generated resources when I rediscovered The Sims 20 years after I first started playing the game. You rock!
  • CrunchieGooseCrunchieGoose Posts: 56 Member
    Hello all

I've been playing sims on and off since the first generation of the game. Sims 3 is where the height of my love for the game truly shined by owning every expansion possible (still have all the CDs too i won't part with them). I took a long break after get-together came out. (the only reason I know it was this title was because my sister bought it for my birthday back then and never installed it on my laptop!). Life was filled with adulting and 2 Kids and no time/bad laptops unable to cope with the game.

We finally built a decent PC last October and I've been into sims again ever since. This time however I'm more into the building rather than gameplay atm. Also very happily introducing my 10yr old daughter to the game and shes loves it. (need to teach her how to build smaller houses though so she has backyards but each to their own i guess lol)
    Hi everyone, I started playing The Sims in 2000 after my uncle gave the first version of the game to me as a Christmas present. I continued playing The Sims throughout my teenage years but stopped playing in my 20s. I rediscovered The Sims recently as a way to cope with my country's lockdown. I love that Sims do not have to wear masks in the game, that they can hug, travel, throw parties...

Another element I've discovered are Challenges. I didn't play any Challenges as a teenager and didn't even know they existed. After finding them, I immediately tried out the Legacy Challenge and the Asylum Challenge. Both of them turned out to be a fantastic experience. Currently, I am working on my own dystopia-style challenge, which combines the 100 Baby Challenge, the Alien Repopulation Challenge, the Legacy Challenge, and several Rotational Play Challenges. The working title is "The Children of Men Challenge." This probably won't be the last challenge I am developing. I've never had so much fun playing The Sims :smile:

I am glad to have found this place and want to thank all of you for the creative work you are doing! I was amazed to see all the fan-generated resources when I rediscovered The Sims 20 years after I first started playing the game. You rock!

Hello @Dystopian_Overlady :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1 and that you received it as a Christmas gift from your Uncle <3 It was a very special gift that would have been fun for you to play through your teens. It is great that after a break you are back simming again. Many simmers have found that simming has helped them as they go through lock downs.
    It is great that you are enjoying doing challenges and are developing one yourself. That is great!
    Hello all

I've been playing sims on and off since the first generation of the game. Sims 3 is where the height of my love for the game truly shined by owning every expansion possible (still have all the CDs too i won't part with them). I took a long break after get-together came out. (the only reason I know it was this title was because my sister bought it for my birthday back then and never installed it on my laptop!). Life was filled with adulting and 2 Kids and no time/bad laptops unable to cope with the game.

We finally built a decent PC last October and I've been into sims again ever since. This time however I'm more into the building rather than gameplay atm. Also very happily introducing my 10yr old daughter to the game and shes loves it. (need to teach her how to build smaller houses though so she has backyards but each to their own i guess lol)

Hello @CrunchieGoose :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming on and off since the original Sims 1. Simming is fun! It is great that you own all the Sims 3 expansion packs. Expansion packs add great features, activities, themes, works and cas and build items to the game.
    It is great that you now have a computer that can handle the game and that you have enjoying simming on it, and it is very lovely that your daughter is now a simmer too <3 You would enjoy chatting about The Sims and simming together :)
  • SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone! I didn't see this thread before so I didn't immediately go to this, but I'm here now! I'm Saveirx on The Sims 4 gallery.
    I've played The Sims 4 for years now and have almost all the packs.
    I played on and off over the years but now I've been very active in the game, so I decided to join the forums.
    Anyways nice to meet you guys!
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top