Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    @Lilacsky22 To this I say:

ejIDTfj.png

"We agree"

Right on!!!!!!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't like how people confuse EA and the developers as the same thing and blame the sims team a lot for things that aren't their fault.

The Sims team aren't perfect and there's a lot of valid criticism against how they've managed the game, but many things they're blamed for are above their control and the decisions are made by corporate higher ups at EA. Like the developers have restrictions on packs, set by EA. It's not their fault that packs are lacklustre because they're given very limited time and budget and that's something that they physically can't do anything about. On the Paranormal livestream the developers actually said that they finished early so they made sure to use their extra time to add more to the pack and they've talked numerous times on how they're restricted with packs (especially stuff packs). For the most part the developers do want whats best for the game (although they have made some bad choices which they're to blame for), but it's pretty hard to make it the best game possible when you're stuck under the most hated video games company in the world who's widely known for ripping off consumers and ruining games franchises.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2021
    Unpopular opinion but growing, especially the last three years of it, TS4 is the worst representation of a life simulator in the series. It's filled with nothing but clutter, redundancy, money grabs, and most annoying panders and manipulates people's sympathies to make a buck.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion but growing, especially the last three years of it, TS4 is the worst representation of a life simulator in the series. It's filled with nothing but clutter, redundancy, money grabs, and most annoying panders and manipulates people's sympathies to make a buck.

But that's a very popular opinion. 🤔
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member

Especially since I dought you get attacked and called an ea bootlicker who doesn't understand how ~perfect~ TS3 is when you say that. The real unpopular opinion is loving TS4 and thinking TS3 is annoying and has microtransactions. (Which I do) 🙄
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

Especially since I dought you get attacked and called an ea bootlicker who doesn't understand how ~perfect~ TS3 is when you say that. The real unpopular opinion is loving TS4 and thinking TS3 is annoying and has microtransactions. (Which I do) 🙄

The most unpopular opinion is to love both i think. They're really different games.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    Unpopular opinion, I hate it when builders get all fancy-dancy with their lots. I also hate it when there is no in-between with lots, like it's either a single bedroom lot or a mini-mansion with 5+ bedrooms. Also just because my sims just happen to be living on a 50x50 lot doesn't mean I'm looking for a mansion, sometimes I just want a nice 30x20 or 30x40 lot with three bedrooms and a back yard.

Sorry to say, but that's a very popular opinion, at least here in the general discussion. There a a lot of complaining/hate threads how awful builders are and that they should shame to the ground that they used moo and don't playtested it. So here is my unpopular opinion for this case, anyone who complains about builders and their builds, should stop complaining and make it better. Why waste so much energy with complaining, if you can do it better? Start to create your own things for your needs, you know yourself and needs better than anyone else. :p
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I think "both sides" are equally popular. Thats my unpopular opinion lol😆
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021

on this forum it's not
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    UO: I think Sims 2 sims with CC are stunning, and I'd even go as far as to say I like how they look more than Sims 4 sims with CC.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    UO: I think Sims 2 sims with CC are stunning, and I'd even go as far as to say I like how they look more than Sims 4 sims with CC.

I have to agree with you! I once saw a video of a person making the same sim in every game, and was shocked at how beautiful the Sims 2 cc was- the sim ended up almost looking like a piece of art rather then a regular ol' sim.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited April 2021
    Daravi wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion, I hate it when builders get all fancy-dancy with their lots. I also hate it when there is no in-between with lots, like it's either a single bedroom lot or a mini-mansion with 5+ bedrooms. Also just because my sims just happen to be living on a 50x50 lot doesn't mean I'm looking for a mansion, sometimes I just want a nice 30x20 or 30x40 lot with three bedrooms and a back yard.

Sorry to say, but that's a very popular opinion, at least here in the general discussion. There a a lot of complaining/hate threads how awful builders are and that they should shame to the ground that they used moo and don't playtested it. So here is my unpopular opinion for this case, anyone who complains about builders and their builds, should stop complaining and make it better. Why waste so much energy with complaining, if you can do it better? Start to create your own things for your needs, you know yourself and needs better than anyone else. :p

I'm aware it's not an unpopular opinion, I was being sarcastic in calling it one. My apologies if it didn't come through.
    However that doesn't excuse the fact that is it's becoming increasingly annoying that builders go full ham on their lots, yes it looks nice and I can see the time and effort that goes into the build, but when they post it to the gallery they often forget to tag that MOO has been used or that it's not been playtested. Going for aesthetics alone is fine, but just tag it in the plumming description so people know before they download the lot and waste time.

I say this as I'm not a builder, I can't build for poop, which is why I rely on the gallery for lots, literally the best I can do is fixing builds if they come with missing stairs or a foundation isn't quite right. So as much as I'd love to build my own lots, I can't. There's also no harm in leaving a comment on the gallery creation saying that there's something wrong with the lot/build because I feel creators should know if say the kitchen is completely unusable because of an error when building (like the way how the roof is slanted or a wall is slightly misplaced.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I think "both sides" are equally popular. Thats my unpopular opinion lol😆
    LOL I agree with that too. Yay for being unpopular not choosing a political side!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I do too. Nouk has my favorite hairs in the franchise and been neat to see them replicated with the other games too.
    https://modthesims.info/m/23182

I really like the fun gameplay mods too:
    https://modthesims.info/d/501526/the-sim-bouncer-a-trampoline-for-fun-and-body-skill.html
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    ]

I'm aware it's not an unpopular opinion, I was being sarcastic in calling it one. My apologies if it didn't come through.
    However that doesn't excuse the fact that is it's becoming increasingly annoying that builders go full ham on their lots, yes it looks nice and I can see the time and effort that goes into the build, but when they post it to the gallery they often forget to tag that MOO has been used or that it's not been playtested. Going for aesthetics alone is fine, but just tag it in the plumming description so people know before they download the lot and waste time.

I say this as I'm not a builder, I can't build for poop, which is why I rely on the gallery for lots, literally the best I can do is fixing builds if they come with missing stairs or a foundation isn't quite right. So as much as I'd love to build my own lots, I can't. There's also no harm in leaving a comment on the gallery creation saying that there's something wrong with the lot/build because I feel creators should know if say the kitchen is completely unusable because of an error when building (like the way how the roof is slanted or a wall is slightly misplaced.

No worry, I'm not a native speaker in english, so it's very easy that I miss something in the tone and nobody had to justify his/her opinion here.

What you have explained doesn't came in my mind and I don't understand such mindset. Why people do think so bad from themselves and their skills and give up so easily? The hardest skill a human has ever learnt was to walk upright on their feet. Everything else is much easier, it just takes time to learn it and every sim builder has started with a door on a square box and became better with the time and have adapt knowledge from other builders.

Building takes much time, some of the biggest building take over 80 hours. The amount of time is sometimes very impressive and that's why I find the harsh and generic critics unfair towards the builders. But I agree, a fair comment on the build itself and mentioning the errors are helpful, just most of the people are to lazy to do this.

I'm a builder, but I don't upload anything anymore, because of these generic complains in the forum and I use much cc's in my game now. Most of the time I am not in the mood to bother and annoy someone, I don't want to do that, so it's better just to make pictures and post them in my favorite thread.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    The fact that you people are willing to spend money on these enrages me to no end. Don't any of you even think for yourselves? Make your own decisions? Or do you just immediately pull a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" whenever these people who call themselves "developers" dangle a new shiny in front of you?

How dare kits be successfully marketed to an audience that enjoys the content offered!

I'm not a big fan of the kits, so I didn't buy them, that was my decision. If people want to drop five dollars of their own money on content they'd like on their game, that is their decision. Take out your frustrations on EA, please.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    The "kits" that were recently released are just microtransactions with cute names (anyone who doesn't like me constantly saying that can block me). The fact that you people are willing to spend money on these enrages me to no end. Don't any of you even think for yourselves? Make your own decisions? Or do you just immediately pull a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" whenever these people who call themselves "developers" dangle a new shiny in front of you? It's the reason why we got those microtransactions in the first place.

You know what's funny, I actually went and bought a kit because of posts like these and I originally wasn't going to buy any of them, lol.

I guess I just don't like being told what to do. I wonder...does that count as independent thought?
    #Team Occult
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    The Dine Out pack is not broken. Player built restaurants are. They generally have too many tables, too much clutter and not enough space left between tables, at the hostess station in the kitchen to avoid pathing issues and bottle necking.

I learned this a while ago from an old post somewhere. They said to keep the build one-story - no basements, no stairs, etcetera. Like a diner pretty much. Don't build with move objects on, leave 2-3 squares between the tables/chairs, leave plenty of space in the kitchen, around bars, hostess stand, etcetera. I also don't build on huge lots, and keep seating generally in one space. Ever since I've done that I've had no issues with restaurants.
    edited April 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    The "kits" that were recently released are just microtransactions with cute names (anyone who doesn't like me constantly saying that can block me). The fact that you people are willing to spend money on these enrages me to no end. Don't any of you even think for yourselves? Make your own decisions? Or do you just immediately pull a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" whenever these people who call themselves "developers" dangle a new shiny in front of you? It's the reason why we got those microtransactions in the first place.

You know what's funny, I actually went and bought a kit because of posts like these and I originally wasn't going to buy any of them, lol.

I guess I just don't like being told what to do. I wonder...does that count as independent thought?
    I think that would be like anti-peer pressure or what I like to call being a deviant. Not like it isn't something I do as well because I do. So yeah that is thinking more independent choosing to do the opposite of what someone tells you to do because you choose to do. Interesting, there are six peer pressures and one I found is the most common is negative peer pressure which is ironically the opposite of what people on forums think of pretty much doing things because you think it is the popular choice aka followers of game changers or the toxic positive choice even if it harms "you and others" the person causing the behavior. https://www.talkitoutnc.org/peer-pressure/types-of-peer-pressure/ Unpopular opinions tend to fall under positive peer pressure which is nice to see. I guess unpopular thing is I am glad I am not in high school anymore. Teens and twenties are such a tough time of unknown identity and trying to figure out what type of person a person will be for the rest of their lives. I didn't get any of the kit kat packs myself.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Which one did you buy? Are you enjoying it? I'm still on the fence about the country kitchen one.
    Scobre wrote: »

I think that would be like anti-peer pressure or what I like to call being a deviant. Not like it isn't something I do as well because I do. So yeah that is thinking more independent choosing to do the opposite of what someone tells you to do because you choose to do. Interesting, there are six peer pressures and one I found is the most common is negative peer pressure which is ironically the opposite of what people on forums think of pretty much doing things because you think it is the popular choice aka followers of game changers or the toxic positive choice even if it harms "you and others" the person causing the behavior. https://www.talkitoutnc.org/peer-pressure/types-of-peer-pressure/ Unpopular opinions tend to fall under positive peer pressure which is nice to see. I guess unpopular thing is I am glad I am not in high school anymore. Teens and twenties are such a tough time of unknown identity and trying to figure out what type of person a person will be for the rest of their lives. I didn't get any of the kit kat packs myself.

Honestly, I'm not concerned about how people want to label me for what I do or say, whether they want to put a "toxic positivity" stamp on me, paint me as an "EA sheep", "dev defender", "complainer" or call me immature. I'm comfortable with who I am and what I choose to do and others obviously don't really know me anyway, so why should their labels matter? Sometimes I have strong convictions and something to say about them and other times I don't care. I'm not the sort to be influenced by peer pressure so sometimes I'll go against the general tide. Sometimes I ride the current. If I like something I'm not afraid to say so and if I don't like something, I'll say that too. I don't care if what I say is popular or not, if it's my truth, it's my truth. And sometimes my opinion of something changes because I try to leave room for flexibility.

...And then sometimes I'm just in a silly mood and not taking things too seriously because where's the fun in that? 😁
    #Team Occult

Which one did you buy? Are you enjoying it? I'm still on the fence about the country kitchen one.

Ha! That's the one I got!

I like the black swatches and the clutter items a lot. I'd been asking for more black swatches in CAS and B/B items for years, so I'm pleased to see that they've been providing them with most objects these days. 🙂
    #Team Occult

Honestly, I'm not concerned about how people want to label me for what I do or say, whether they want to put a "toxic positivity" stamp on me, paint me as an "EA sheep", "dev defender", "complainer" or call me immature. I'm comfortable with who I am and what I choose to do and others obviously don't really know me anyway, so why should their labels matter? Sometimes I have strong convictions and something to say about them and other times I don't care. I'm not the sort to be influenced by peer pressure so sometimes I'll go against the general tide. Sometimes I ride the current. If I like something I'm not afraid to say so and if I don't like something, I'll say that too. I don't care if what I say is popular or not, if it's my truth, it's my truth. And sometimes my opinion of something changes because I try to leave room for flexibility.

...And then sometimes I'm just in a silly mood and not taking things too seriously because where's the fun in that? 😁
    I never thought you had a label either. Just riding the current in the middle which is a pretty sweet ride. I'm glad you don't. :) I figure we are too old for the high school dramas. XD
    edited April 2021

I never thought you had a label either. Just riding the current in the middle which is a pretty sweet ride. I'm glad you don't. :) I figure we are too old for the high school dramas. XD

😄 Yes, haha. I do think we all end up falling into a drama here and there, but that's okay, it happens, because we all have a common passion. We're the Sims Community after all.

Drama Llama ding dong. 😆)

(Lol is that word really censored? Hahaha)
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top