Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next world should be...??

Β«13
I just adore The Sims 4 and would love it to continue growing until we have more content than we know what to do with it! Which world would you like to see next??

Next world should be...?? 137 votes

Italy - Italian based vineyard and winery, timeless villas, lush mountain scape and farmland, pizza ovens, brilliant sunsets, perhaps horseback or rowboats
21%
redrogue60Monet11danacnbrettAuroraBoreallisKatzcKennziKaigeKironideKhrisstyneTurloughdudeteamjenLemon405garapoesJon the WizardFreezerBunnyCowplantEvilyn_1007llejenaRememberJoyDaWaterRatClousinatorsMyriadSims 29 votes
New Orleans - All things music, especially jazz, different instruments (saxophone and trumpet), a speak easy, maybe some voodoo, incredible foods (cajun blends and beignets), The French Quarter and Bourbon Street and Lafayette Cemetery
8%
PlayerSinger2010TrowiciaBMSOrjssimMrsC1990AuroraskiesnerdfashionLJKthatpinkcoconutamaniaaaMissCrackenthorpe 11 votes
Egypt - Pyramids and epic museums, archeological digs, colorful homes, an active marketplace, and camel rides, of course! (not an adventure world, just different lots incorporated)
7%
friendlysimmersHimRumiNeashaleighFroilSimtarris22SERVERFRAsuvoltaEliteGirlSimmingalRamiSamii 10 votes
Farm Life - Full of all the things, pigs and sheep and horses and chickens, canning and shearing sheep and learning to ride horses, animal fairs to show off your livestock, lemonade stands, orchards, barnyards, and Farmer's Markets (we could also throw in a grocery store here)
40%
crocobauraIcewolfBloodC24Isb917SavorySagecleo224BluelleStinalinaashcrash19davina1221Mizzila1297Serendipity38jcp011c2wormofthebookmmb_abrkristenleighwhitelovemy4sJMEllis2020reesabertottiNationalPokedex 56 votes
Other (please let me know the world you've dreamed up)
22%
LeGardePourpreBluebeard45kemowerycatloverplayermatheus_mar_1999BabykittyjadeFreechheitCAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78ChadSims2HermitgirlBriana2425comicsforlifeddd994GrumpyGlowfishMs_MikaPeralNikkihghamrick75SimmerGeorge 31 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Can't choose between italy, new orleans and farm life. Would love to have nectar making, horses, pigs... and all the new orleans theme... i love it :)
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    @texxx78 I forgot about making nectar! That should definitely be included!! and to be honest, I can't quite choose between them either!! heheh!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    New Orleans - All things music, especially jazz, different instruments (saxophone and trumpet), a speak easy, maybe some voodoo, incredible foods (cajun blends and beignets), The French Quarter and Bourbon Street and Lafayette Cemetery
    All of them sounds delightful.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited April 2021
    Egypt - Pyramids and epic museums, archeological digs, colorful homes, an active marketplace, and camel rides, of course! (not an adventure world, just different lots incorporated)
    I've been vibing with egypt lately like despite that we have deserts i feel we sort of lack the super sandy and dangerous edition

i like gameplay listed for most of these though but as far as worlds go idk its kinda meh

like to me new orleans jazz could just as well be newcrest jazz or willow creek jazz so i dont feel i need new orleans as just world

and for farm life i do happen to live at countryside so it just doesnt feel all that "fun new world" to me like i get if they make farm pack there will most likely need to be one but idk im just uninspired about the theme

and for italy im bit half and half i can't quite decide if im into it or nah

i feel europe in general has this problem for me where id much prefer the ancient versions of regions and then its just always disappointing that its actually not the ancient version

like if one really wanted to make me happy with new world it be ancient worlds or fantasy/dark fantasy or like idk creepy circus or something

I just want something fun and interesting enough
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
    @Simmingal So what if we used some of this game play but made an ancient Greece or Rome, perhaps just a world with Mediterranean vibes??
    @Simmingal So what if we used some of this game play but made an ancient Greece or Rome, perhaps just a world with Mediterranean vibes??

yes please that would be lovely
    9b1521ac4582b020e320c698c5fda597.jpg
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Italy - Italian based vineyard and winery, timeless villas, lush mountain scape and farmland, pizza ovens, brilliant sunsets, perhaps horseback or rowboats
    Genuine question: why is the fourth option farm life and not a location? We could have any of its listed gameplay features work in any of the other worlds too.
    edited April 2021
    oh actually now that i think of it how about Venice and masquerade balls

bb326704a4b4b602de917d5258475851.jpeg
    Okay Italy I'll accept you
    orenjiAi wrote: Β»
    Genuine question: why is the fourth option farm life and not a location? We could have any of its listed gameplay features work in any of the other worlds too.

Honest, I just couldn't decide on a specific location we could model it after!! heheh! There are so many incredible places to choose from. Though, my inspiration stemmed from the Southern United States, Arkansas specifically- lots of rivers and plenty of farm land. My other thought was Idaho, land of potatoes. I was also thinking as an additional game play option, especially if farm type crops were added (wheat, cabbage, corn, ect...) we could have windmills and make flour, ultimately make our own bread???

In my mind I saw the world as three parts- big lots for farming, smaller lots for simple and rural housing, and a town center with a small doctors office (it could even be split as a vet as well, lots of small towns have businesses that function in tandem), farmer's market, grocery store (feed for animals included), and perhaps a country-western clothing store for everything from boots to a cowboy hat.
    oh actually now that i think of it how about Venice and masquerade balls

bb326704a4b4b602de917d5258475851.jpeg
    Okay Italy I'll accept you

what if we kept the original Italy one, but with changes

1. One part of the map be a huge lot high on a hill, a villa or castle overlooking an endless vineyard
    2. Surrounding that lot could be several sized lots specific for farming, orchards, or vineyards, even distilleries
    3. At the base of the hill/mountain, can be a simple Italian village along the river - a pizzeria, a bakery, vary shops for cheese or wine or candles, a dock to go on a rowboat or canoe down the river, perhaps a coffee shop with elderly men playing chess or cards
    4. Additional thought - if we included Venice themes, could we incorporate glass blowing somehow?? If the pizza ovens were made, essentially the glass blowing ovens are the same shape and could be reprogrammed to do the glass stuff??? (just a thought...so random...heheh!)
    5. Then we transition into a Venetian cityscape on the opposite side of the map from the vineyard- lots of canals, colors, sculptures- truly Venice in all its glory! There can be a church based off of Saint Mark's Basilica, a square to feed birds or make a wish in the fountain, perhaps a sports venue modeled after the Colosseum, the canals for romantic trips in the gondola, (the glass blower stuff could be here), then a large hall for opera and art and balls, like the masquerade.

Whatcha think?? Or would you like it to be more ancient??
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Theme park/carnival world. One neighborhood area is set up with a few lots, but it's all "inside" a carnival/theme park setting (for rides/games/arcades). Another neighborhood down the street from the carnival/theme park area that's all for residential builds. Maybe one more neighborhood on the other side of the theme park for more residentials or whatever you want. I'd love that.

Whatcha think?? Or would you like it to be more ancient??

original.jpg
    Yes. Its perfect.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Would love a theme park world
    but instead of Italy I think a world that is pure Mediterranean world, mix of Portugal, Southern France, Monaco, Spain, Italy and Greece on the north west and on the south east we have Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt, Morocco with building both ancient and today also a cruise ship that visits each as a new destination world
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Honestly I would like see them put a full crew on fixing bugs before going any further. We don't don't need empty sales promises like a Laundry list. Adding another world is asking for more bugs that will never get fixed.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2021
    I know people keep asking for farm stuff and I would love to experience that, but I feel like the lots are just too small to incorporate farms there. Idk how it could work. The only way I could see it is if it’s like it’s own lot type. Then you can plop down a farm in the neighborhood, but I can’t see you being able to add those objects on residential lots because I imagine there wouldn’t be enough space.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    fairyland where your sims can be royle and there are poison apples and fairy godmother is a career
    warning results may vary that frog you found may not be a prince no refunds
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

I voted Italy but ideally, I would want some form of Mediterranean world influenced by Italy, Spain, Greece etc. Basically, kinda like a Southern European counterpart to Windenburg. I think it would work well as some form of romance/tourism pack.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It would have been Egypt if it inclouded adventures, but since it don't I would go with Greenland as another choice, with poolarbear, cajacking, ice, igloos and cultural things
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    In this order:

Farming
    Italy
    Egypt
    New Orleans
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2021
    I want three things!! A traditional cambodian or south Asian style village with jungle and beach. But most of all I want a dark cave world with swamps or an apocalyptic world in total ruins😈😈😈

Btw i also want to see game stuffed with tons of content🀭🀭🀭 I was just playing last night thinking about how much I love this game
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as this option is what I've dreamed of I'm going with a CAW tool that allows all the assets from older worlds with many templates for world sizes and layouts to choose from as well as apartment options and ocean swimming in these worlds. Yeah I don't want another one of their worlds seriously Del Sol Valley did not even have a beach/pier lot the choices they make are just sad I always end up disappointed in the layouts and design choices.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so want an ancient world for my Cleopatra, Hercules & Xena to live in.
    You folks are so insightful!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts :))
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Farm Life - Full of all the things, pigs and sheep and horses and chickens, canning and shearing sheep and learning to ride horses, animal fairs to show off your livestock, lemonade stands, orchards, barnyards, and Farmer's Markets (we could also throw in a grocery store here)
    Can I choose all of them? Lol. I would love something like World Adventures again, even if broken up into separate ones. Jungle Adventure and Strangerville somewhat scratch that itch but I'd love more!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Dystopian_OverladyDystopian_Overlady Posts: 28 Member
    I personally wouldn't want to see an idealized version of animal farming in the Sims. I work for an NGO that advocates for farmed animals and the realities of modern-day farming (spoiler: huge intensive farms that pollute everything around them, small farms going bankrupt, etc.) don't really fit into the Sim world, in my opinion.

Italy (lush mountainscape!) sounds amazing, though, and Egypt too.