Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 102 - Welcome to Drake Hall

pQb5Pee.png

Notes:
    Welcome to dorm life, Jules! I was a bit lazy with story telling for today, so I just moved her into the dorms and didn't get any goodbye screenshots with her and Ruby or anything, but we can assume they had a heartfelt goodbye. Upon moving her into her dorm and enrolling her in classes (3 this semester), it also automatically put her on the soccer team, which is fine by me, since I wanted to try that out anyway.

I spent a lot of my game time editing her dorm mates in CAS since they were sporting some interesting looks lol. I made the dorms at Britechester separated by gender, while the ones at Foxbury are co-ed. So all of Jules' dorm mates are girls - I will introduce them if necessary. For now, you'll just meet the one I ended up choosing to be her actual roommate.

Here's her roommate, Farrah Stokes. I gave her a makeover to achieve this adorable look, but I left her traits, LOL.
    LeHjwcK.png

And here is their dorm room
    Ke8HMSG.png
    Nr5osut.png

They seem to be hitting it off, but if any of Jules' stuff goes missing, I'll know who to blame :D
    d9pgjqc.png

It was well into Saturday evening at this point, so I didn't have Jules do too much. She got a head start on some homework and called Ruby up before bed, which was definitely hard :frowning:
    BsnXBeR.png
    acbyKGZ.png

In the morning, she went to the dining hall with Farrah.
    Hz1w8uh.png

And then got her daily soccer task done.
    WxlSgJ8.png

She has a bike in her inventory now, so there's some autonomous biking happening.
    943gMrE.png

And she got most of her homework finished.
    dTv7Fna.png

I sent her to a guest lecture then since I keep forgetting to do that during the proper time window.

While she was there, I spotted Jenny getting some work done, and poor Luna giving a stand up routine to an audience of zero.
    9HDOtOY.png
    Pv0plxk.png

When she left the lecture, I saw she had this little autonomous interaction, which she gets often about Dell and Ruby, which I think is super cute :)
    TNkeq8U.png

Farrah invited her to go out to Pepper's Pub after that. I placed a renovated version of the Pub from the gallery, just since the original felt a little blah.
    3Y5aOAw.png
    c72yOWH.png

Farrah disappeared after that, but I noticed Melody on the lot. Excellent, I can work with this :)
    6HPCJvk.png

She recognized Melody from Brittany's party, and the two got to chatting. After a game of pong, they were both feeling the effects of the drinks, and Jules found herself in a flirty mood once again.
    4GUidPP.png

And once again, she let herself go. Why not? It's not like she was tied down to anyone, and Dell had told to live a little and enjoy this time. Besides, Melody was super cute, and once again, it felt nice to be desired.
    etvMCa2.png
    jtqGk4c.png
    5qFt6q3.png
    y0ffHTR.jpg
    YP3sMgd.jpg
    4EA2C6J.png
    (They only did the 'make out' in closet option, for the record :smile:)

There were classes the next day, so they said their goodbyes. Jules was still feeling a little bit tipsy as she walked back to her dorm, letting her mind glaze over, because all this was just so much easier if she didn't bother to actually think too deeply about it.

Extra photo
    I'm doing what @SoulGal7 did with Sakura - asking some of these conquests to be her BF/GF even though it won't be officially part of the story, because realistically, there's no way that Jules is gonna have 8 serious relationships in her life as far as storytelling goes.

So Jules technically did ask Melody to be her GF and then this happened, and it gave me a good chuckle :D
    lsXLXZ2.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my April 12th post above! It has a new daily post pic as well. ;) This post is a little longer than usual too. I'll get started on comments next. Hopefully have them to post before I have to go. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52
    Ahhh, I love this update! I should have guessed you were gonna do the mountain excursion while you had them in Mt. Komorebi, and it was the perfect way to compliment their first journey up the mountain. I think it’s so funny how the bats fly out of the cave during the cave woohoo. Still totally awkward how they change into towels on the middle of the mountain, lol, but if you ignore those animations it’s a fun woohoo spot.

That’s really cool that the mountain preserves the snowpals and items you place there. That will definitely be special to revisit throughout their lives.

AND THEN JOSH GOT DOWN ON ONE KNEE 🥰😍😭😭 omg, that was just too perfect. This spot is so special for them, and I’m so glad you chose this for their engagement spot. Such a perfect moment, seriously. My heart is melting.

I think it’s a great idea to use free build and make a little cabin up there. Their own special spot for years to come ❤️❤️

I do like the sentiments that are specific to snowy escape - they tend to seem a lot more special and actually relevant than some of the base game ones. And now I can’t wait for this wedding!!!

Also that daily photo was perfect. They’ve come so far but also so lovely that this journey is just as special now (maybe even more!) as it was when the they first made it
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited April 2021
    Because there is so much going on at this party, I have broken it down into shorter parts.

March 19: Party Arrival

arrival-kitoshi-and-sakura.png
    When Sakura and Kiyoshi arrived at the party, Joaquin came out to greet them right away.

joaquin-greets-them.png

Joaquin: "Sakura! Oh my gosh, you look très élégante (very elegant). Is this the same fille (girl) who I met the first day she was here? It can't be! You look all grown up. And so suddenly. And look! See...the place is a party-zone! And I even bought more decorations. I hope you like it, and I've decked out a special chair for you to sit at in case you get tired...."

Sakura smiled at him and thanked him, "Joaquin, I'd like you to meet Kiyoshi Ito, my boyfriend."

the-olympic-boy.png

Joaquin: "Ah oui! (Oh, yes), the Olympic boy,"Joaquin held out his hand to Kiyoshi, "Excuse my English, sometimes my words are not clear...I am French. But, Kiyoshi, it is an honor to meet you, and I just want to thank you, merci beaucoup, so much for finding our little Sakura. And you know, I was on the phone everyday to that police department wanting them to continue the search for Sakura, but they said they had done all they could. Imagine! Pfft! Bureaucrats! But Sergio and I had organized a huge search for Sakura for the weekend. We had plastered flyers all around the ville (town) asking for les voluntaires (volunteers), all her amis (friends) were coming, but I know now that it might have been too late if we had found our dear, dear Sakura then..."

those-bureaucrats.png

Sakura looked surprised: "Oh Joaquin...you were going to do that to try to find me? That means a lot to me. But I was found...by Wolfgang and Kiyoshi...and that's all that matters now..."

Sergio came up to them then, "Sakura! You gave us quite a scare! I can't even begin to think of what it would be like without you here!" he said giving Sakura a hug.

sergio-hug.png

Sakura introduced Kiyoshi and Sergio shook his hand.

introducing-sergio.png

Sergio: "You'll have to forgive Joaquin and I. Sakura is like a little sister to us. We are very protective of her, but I feel we weren't protective enough for what happened to her. That place where you found her...The Bluffs...Joaquin and I knew of it, and thought the police had searched that area. Sims used to hold parties there, but it's been sealed off for years as being too dangerous to the public. I mean, you saw those sheer cliffs that went down to the rocks below. I shudder to think about what could have happened..."

WE-KNEW-ABOUT-THE-BLUFFS.png

Sakura looked at Kiyoshi in bewilderment.

WHAT.png

Kiyoshi: "I'm sorry, Sergio, but Sakura doesn't remember the place at all. She has had some memory loss...."

SAKURA-HAS-SOME-MEMORY-LOSS.png

Joaquin: "Well, that's good then. Don't remember that horrible time. Only remember the good times! Joie de vivre! (Enjoy life). Oui! And now, come to the bar. I have a special drink for you Sakura. Champagne! Oh...but are you permitted to drink?"
    YES-REMEMBER-THE-GOOD-TIMES.png

Sakura looked at Kiyoshi, "I think I could have one glass. I'll just make it last all night..."

CHAMPAGNE-FOR-SAKURA.png

Joaquin: "Ah oui...c'est une idée! (That's an idea!) But I am saving a bottle for your real birthday, then you can drink it all...! Or maybe I will save two bottles and I will join you. No fun drinking alone, oui?" he laughed.

ONE-DRINK-IS-GOOD.png

She looked up and saw Wolfgang coming towards them, and without thinking, she smoothed her hair and licked her lips softly.

WOLFGANG-ARRIVES.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, you're looking..." he said as he searched her face, "...very nice in something other than that hospital gown."

Sakura smiled at him and replied, "Yes, that hospital gown was a bit breezy at times..." They all had a good laugh.

YOU-LOOK-BETTER-THAN-THOSE-HOSPITA-GOWNS.png

Wolfgang turned to Kiyoshi and gave him a bro hug, "Sakura, I see Sofia and Luna are heading this way and they will probably want to find out everything about what happened. So, if you don't mind, I am going to take Kiyoshi away and introduce him to everyone..."

HERE-COME-LINA-AND-SOFIA.png

Joaquin: "Yes, go...go...shoo...Sakura will be fine here..."

Sakura glanced after Wolfgang and Kiyoshi and thought how strange it was that these two had become friends so quickly. And it was because of her.

i-am-worried.png

When Wolfgang had introduced Kiyoshi to everyone at the party, they got some drinks at the bar and Kiyoshi took a moment to talk to Wolfgang.

wild-times-at-the-party.png

party-other-way.png

Kiyoshi: "I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate all you've done for Sakura while I was away and for continuing to search for her. You're a good friend. And even though this has been a very traumatic time for all of us, it has brought Sakura and I much closer together. It is as if we never left each other, our bond is even stronger than before. You see, Sakura may appear weak to some, and they may see her as an easy mark, but she has great strength of character. When she makes a promise to someone, she keeps it. It was one of the reasons I asked her to be my girlfriend, because I knew she would always be true to me...and me alone..." he said as he looked intently at Wolfgang and sipped his drink.

do-i-ave-your-word.png

Wolfgang returned Kiyoshi's gaze, "Yes, Sakura is very special...and has strong morals."

Kiyoshi: "I am glad that you see it that way too. But, I am rather concerned about Sakura. Her doctor told me that she may become depressed and lonely while I am gone, and that in her emotional state of confusion, she might be convinced to do something, which would go against her character. If that should happen, the doctor believes it might have devastating effects on her recovery. Of course, after this month, Sakura will be moving back to Mt. Komorebi and I will be able to look after her myself. But until then, as her good friend, I am asking you to look after Sakura while I am gone, and let nothing happen to her to jeopardize her chance for recovery. Do I have your word?"

can-i-get-your-word.png

Wolfgang clenched his teeth, "Of course, yes, you have my word...Sakura knows she can count on me..." Wolfgang felt the anger start to build, "...hey look, I'll be right back...just have to attend to something for the party..."

wolf-beginning-to-feel-angry.png

Kiyoshi watched Wolfgang leave. He looked over to where Sakura was, and she looked up and smiled at him. Kiyoshi smiled back and thought, "She is mine again..."

she-is-mine-again.png

Wolfgang was so angry he went outside and kicked the trash can. Wolfgang thought back to the conversation he just had. Dang, that Kiyoshi was slick. How did KJyoshi know that Wolfgang had more than friendly feelings for Sakura? He was positive that Sakura hadn't told Kiyoshi anything. because If she had, Kiyoshi would have probably punched him out. But then, maybe Kiyoshi didn't work that way. Maybe Kiyoshi was just a good guesser and had seen how Wolfgang looked at Sakura in the hospital. Dang!

KICK-THE-CAN.png

How did Wolfgang get himself in this situation? He was in love with a girl who was obviously in love with another guy, and the other guy was obsessed with her. And Kiyoshi wanted Wolfgang to 'look after' Sakura for the next month so she doesn't do anything 'out of character' and Wolfgang had agreed. Dang! The only thing that Wolfgang wanted to do was hold Sakura in his arms and kiss her again and tell her that he loved her, and somehow Kiyoshi knew this. Wolfgang felt that this was the worst news yet, because at the end of next month, Sakura would be gone...out of his life...forever. He couldn't bear the thought of Sakura being with someone else. "Oh my plumbobs," he said and kicked the garbage can again.

IM-INLOVE-WITH-SAKURA.png

KICK-TEH-CAN-2.png

Kiyoshi saw one of Sakura's friends come towards him...he remembered her name was Luna, and he smiled at her.

Luna: "So, Kiyoshi...tell me all about the Olympic Snowboard Team..."

luna-and-kiyoshi.png

Luna and Kiyoshi chatted a bit about the daily schedule, what types of food Kiyoshi ate, and if they ever had any free time.

what-about-those-feelings.png

Luna: "...I heard that your ex-girlfriend is on the team, too...it must be kind of hard to be in those close quarters together..."

Kiyoshi laughed and said, "Well, we are a team, so we have to put our differences aside and get along with each other..."

you-have-to-get-along.png

Luna: "But...I mean, she's your ex-girlfriend...do you ever...you know...get those feelings for her again..."

Kiyoshi didn't answer her right away and fiddled with his glass, "Luna, I really don't wish to discuss anything about Kaori, especially here. If you'll excuse me, I have to see how Sakura is doing..."

i-dont-wish-to-talk-about-kaori.png

going-to-chat-with-jenny.png

Luna just raised her eyebrows and went over to chat with Jenny.

At the same time, Wolfgang had came in from outside and overheard the conversation between Luna and Kiyoshi. Wolfgang narrowed his eyes and thought, "That was kind of awkward. It's almost as if Kiyoshi was side-stepping that question. Kiyoshi could have just said no and be done with it, but he hadn't. Something was up with Kiyoshi and this ex-girlfriend. It sounds like something did happen at that camp. Sakura may be able to keep a promise, but could Kiyoshi?" Wolfgang felt that Kiyoshi had a deep dark secret which he hadn't told Sakura about.

why-did-this-happen.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52 - April Day 12 - I just love, love, love this update. So romantic...and Josh...it's about time you did this! And I love that sentiment...ahhh...this whole update is so...omg...what can I say? I just love this. Now, I need to know where that cave is on the summit! lol
    And a question, I had read somewhere that the 2nd time you went to the summit, there was a secret mountain cabin. Was it not there for you? I was looking forward to that when Sakura climbed up there again. Hmmm...

I know I haven't commented on everyone's stories lately, but I tend to write in the comment section, and then I can't comment as well. But, I am trying to get through the rest of my mini-episode with Sakura so then she can age up and finally go to uni.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 13
    1xHyC5s.png

Bryons Diary
    2t27UIc.png
    I only had one early class, but it still felt like today would be a busy day. As I was walking to the campus in the first snow of the year, I thought about my plans. Working on my presentation, Office Hours, Study Session with the Brainiacs, Tutoring, ... Yep. Busy day.

H5jotIR.png
    First: presentation. I actually worked on it the entire morning and finished the presentation around noon. Who would've thought that, hm??

wujprEX.png
    Since I already had planned to go to the campus, I decided to take my finished presentation with me to present it right after Office Hours. The professor told me I had already shown that I can get ahead. If I keep up with homework, attendance and studying, there shouldn’t he a problem. How nice of him!

rPHMclV.png
    By the time I came out of that school building, Study Session was about to begin. I traveled there, sat down at one of the desks and did my homework.

MMPfFvg.png
    I briefly saw one of the people I kissed a few day earlier. It actually made me feel sick, but at the same time, something else came to mind. I hadn’t seen Anas in classes anymore, like he just disappeared from the world.

z2vCjAv.png
    (Bryon) “I shouldn’t think about him anymore. I got Naoki back, and that’s all that counts... But, I am worried about him. Is he doing alright?”

wXWSoQT.png
    Since I still had a little time before my Tutor session, I decided go visit the Foxbury Dorms. River was standing outside on the balcony. I joined him.

(Bryon) "Hey, River. Have you seen Anas?"
    (River) “Didn't he tell you? He quitted."
    (Bryon) "He... Quitted?"
    (River) "Yeah. I thought you knew. I mean, you and Anas were good friends, right?"
    (Bryon) "... Yeah..."

Iydrb4r.png
    (River) "Anyways, I’ll get a new roommate soon."
    (Bryon) "That fast?"
    (River) "Of course! We can't have an empty bed! I'm sorry, but I have to do some stuff."
    (Bryon) "Oh, no problem at all. I know my way back down."

EYWESbj.png
    (River) “Oh, by the way... I know there was nothing behind that kiss a few days ago, but students have been gossiping about you lately... I thought you wanted to know.”
    (Bryon) “Oh man... I feel so ashamed for what I did that day. I really do.”
    (River) “I know. People just like to gossip, that’s all. Don't let it break you. Take care, man.”
    (Bryon) “You too.”

1xHyC5s.png
    *sigh*

(Bryon) “So, he quitted, without saying anything...”

4yXq1CB.png
    *beep beep*

(Bryon) “Oh no, my tutor session!!”

VZIGYVr.png
    I felt less tired today than I felt yesterday after my tutor session. That’s great. Time to go home! It's been a long day today.

Q4kWdcd.png
    From a distance, I saw that Naoki was very busy with... I have no idea. Where did that device even come from? Did he get it from work?

8x1Nvh6.png
    (Bryon) “What are you doing? It’s super cold.”

zn1sile.png
    (Naoki) “Oh, hello! I got this Analyzer device from work, but since there's no place inside, I just installed it here."
    (Bryon) "Andd... What are you doing with it?"
    (Naoki) "I’m trying to find out why I can’t remember Thursday until Sunday, but I have a theory, which I'm researching now!"
    (Bryon) "Tell me about it."

5COmnJb.png
    (Naoki) "My colleague thinks I was abducted by aliens. He had the same happening at work about a year ago. Other colleagues were witnesses. My colleague couldn’t remember anything at all, from the moment of abduction to when he returned.”
    (Bryon) "When did he return?"
    (Naoki) "26 hours later."

d0m9kKq.png
    (Bryon) “That’s insane. Aliens? Alien abduction?”
    (Naoki) “I know, it sounds weird, but it actually got my interest. Maybe I'll finally get an answer to my question!”
    (Bryon) “Well, don't stay out too long. It's really cold and I don't want you to freeze. I’m going to get myself ready for bed.”
    (Naoki) “Im almost done here. I can continue the rest tomorrow at work.”

EqL083U.png
    (Bryon) “Good. Don't freeze!”

TBemrpF.png
    (Naoki) "I'll try not to!"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @SoulGal7
    Joaquin being extra French was very entertaining, I definitely enjoyed that, haha. You seem to have a good grasp on languages and other cultures, so it's fun to see you include that in your updates when it suits a character! And uh oh, the tension between Kiyoshi and Wolfgang is starting to build. I'm wondering if this is going to end up in some kind of a physical fight eventually. And it looks like Kiyoshi won't be able to keep his secret about what he did with Kaori a secret for long - both Luna and Wolfgang are suspicious, and rightfully so. I have a feeling you have lot more drama packed into this party, and I'm excited to see how you have it all play out :)

@Skeilah
    My heart was sad for Bryon when River mentioned that people had been talking about him, and then when he saw that person he kissed and didn't feel good...so sad. You did a nice job squeezing this aspiration in, but it didn't come without its consequences. And smart idea to have Naoki start trying to figure out what happened to him...out in the cold lol. Britechester is gorgeous in the winter though!
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 13: "End of 2nd Term"

HAuQzFz.png

Notes
    k7wbv6X.png
    By the time Josh and Essa made there way back down the mountain and back to the house, it was late afternoon. Joel and Jon were thrilled with the news of their engagement, but not surprised. They already knew about Josh's plans to propose at the summit, it had secretly been the entire reason for their trip. Hugs and hearty Congratulations were shared all around.

Everyone enjoyed a celebratory dinner prepared by Joel, including a homemade Honey cake for dessert made with a recipe handed down from their Great, Great Grandmother, Hannah Hunter. Soon after, Josh and Essa went back to their home in Britechester.

Too excited to sleep, Essa decided to try her hand at an impressionistic painting, her first. It turned out to be her first Masterpiece. She hung it up on their bedroom wall.

qtJQqPr.png
    She did a little cramming after that for the first exam Monday morning and then chugged down a potion of Plentiful Needs before leaving for school. Her next exam wasn't until 1:30 p.m. that afternoon. To help calm her nerves, Essa picked up the violin and played a Concerto while Josh continued reading a Level 3 Acting skill guide.

Ca47lDW.png
    She crammed again for her last final exam of the term and left for class in a very confident mood.

cfr2Z06.png
    Essa returned home proud of herself. Second term was now over. All that was left to do was wait for her grades. She stopped just inside the front door and smiled upon seeing Josh sitting at the kitchen table, still studying the Acting skill book. He had such a thirst for knowledge on all kinds of subjects, she wondered why he didn't go to Uni too. Maybe one day he would. The couple walked back to campus so Essa could tutor yet another student waiting for her there.

kh9emB3.png
    While Essa was busy tutoring, Josh again grabbed a couple slices of pepperoni pizza from a food stall. He'd developed a taste for how they made it there and purposely skipped dinner at home to get some now. He wondered if they'd give him the recipe. Josh was always interested in trying out new dishes.

Finished with the pizza, he noticed the Foxbury students had again decorated the soccer stadium with their banners. He rushed over there and ripped them down and then made his way to the quad to play his guitar for awhile.

v2uznJN.png
    While he was playing, Essa's final grades for her second term of Uni arrived and she texted a copy of the results to Josh. Yay! All A+ again! Fantastic!
    (She'll get that Distinguished degree with honors, no problem. I'd bet my guitar on that. Oh yeah!)
    He texted back: "Congratulations Beautiful! I'm so proud of you! See you soon!"
    With an hour still to kill, Josh next headed back to the beach area.

wPTBpSE.png
    He decided it was a little too cold to do anything in the water, but he could still have a bit of fun making a Sand Sculpture using a discarded plastic bucket he found half buried in the sand.

dDNBkgc.png
    When he was finished, it was dark and he had just enough time to get back and meet Essa in front of the classroom building when she was finished.

3J2D6zK.png
    After a warm congratulatory hug and a kiss for Essa, the lovebirds walked hand-in-hand back home and continued the celebration there, long into the night.

r3TSS1g.png
    The next day was Tuesday and the first day of Essa's third and final term. After classes were finished for the day, the couple again walked back to campus so Essa could tutor her fifth and final student as required in order to earn her degree. Josh decided he would do some fishing while he waited for her.

fX87U6s.png
    Josh met Essa at the food stall this time. As he approached, he noticed she had a sultry smile and a playful look in her eye. He smiled and gave her his own sultry look when she said, "Hey Handsome, you come here often?"
    "Actually, I do! They have the best pepperoni pizza here. You should try it."
    "Sounds good, I'm hungry."

myIjeIh.png
    "One order of pepperoni pizza for me and one for the lady please."
    "I'm sorry Sir, we're all out. The chili is good though. Would you like to try a bowl of that instead?"
    "Aww, really? Dangit. Okay, two bowls of chili then. Thanks."

hKEXO7P.png
    "This better be good."

TwNHwW5.png
    "What do you think? I think it's pretty good."
    "Hmm, yeah, it's okay, really good actually, spicy. My lips are burning and my tongue's on fire!"

XD0PZ8b.png
    "Mmm, you can say that again..."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52 Just look at her showing off her new bling in your daily photo, I love it <3:)
    edited April 2021
    Update 103 - Questionable Choices

8ZUP6LM.jpg

Notes:
    Class is boring, no need to talk about that. Since I sent Jules from her dorm and not the commons, it was harder to spot your sims, and I must admit I enjoyed the super speed option since Jules is living in a household of her own again.

But after class, Jules decided to do a good deed and clean up the TPed statue. Gotta love the sims, only in this world would spraying toilet paper result in actually cleaning it up instead of soggy mess.
    JDzIsXY.png

Then she left an offering for academic success - a death flower, since that's one of the most valuable things in her inventory. (I'm just trying to explore all the features of this pack when I stumble upon them, so I figured I might as well try this one :smile:)
    KIWOYEC.png

Soccer practice starts at 6, and guest lectures start at 5. Can I squeeze in a guest lecture before practice? I'm sure as heck gonna try...
    snQcqwi.png

Argggg, no, I ended up canceling the lecture part way through to get her to practice on time. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until Sunday to complete this milestone unless she skips practice one night...
    EJcrLeM.png

After practice, she kicked around the ball with one of her teammates, Maribel (daily pic) since she needs to become friends with two teammates for promotion in this activity.

When she got back up to the dorms, Jules was ready to crash, but her dorm mates had brought up a keg and wanted to party. Farrah insisted she go shower and change so she could join them. 
    Rpt6kzL.png

So she did a keg stand.
    QHZu1qA.png

Farrah was pretty far gone by then and ended up stumbling off to bed.
    muTWOZz.png

But once again, feeling uninhibited, Jules ended up hitting things off with one of Farrah's friends, Terrell.
    HQdECw1.png

Kissing was nice, but she found she was suddenly desperate for more. It felt so nice to be desired, and she found herself wondering if she would ever have this again. Who would want her now, with the exception of moments like these, now that she had a kid and all that baggage to carry? Perhaps fleeting moments of anonymity were all she could look forward to now. 
    ZbH8qY7.png

Without considering her words any further, she whispered hotly into Terrell's ear, "Do you want to go somewhere we can have a little more privacy?"
    WXXk9Kt.png

S7cB1s6.png
    t73wkWb.png
    6D2RI2z.png

And in the moment, the rush of passion invigorated her, but as soon as he was gone, she felt an uncomfortable knot begin to form in her stomach. She felt a sensation of emptiness begin to expand inside of her, and suddenly, she had never felt more alone. What was she even doing? She felt like she hardly recognized herself anymore...
    OFupBJ4.png

--
    I wasn't really planning on Jules being intimate during this aspiration - I was gonna stick to kissing, but then I saw the woohoo in shower option pop up under romantic interactions, so I was like, what the heck, all of you will probably enjoy seeing Terrell in his towel anyway :D And don't worry, I checked, Jules is NOT pregnant ;) I don't know if she'll have any more one night stands though...this one really got her bent out of shape, and I don't know if she can handle much more of this :( I'm trying to stay true to her character but still manage this aspiration, so we shall see...

Post edited by permanentrose on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    April 14
    5P3KtNS.png

Bryons Diary
    Mom has been busy today. First she went out to buy a Holiday Tree. She even took the time to install it while I was at school.

mk02Im9.png
    After that, she went through the trouble of making an entire Grand Meal for tonight. Oh mom, you're way too good for us.

Eexm0OJ.png
    Naoki forgot he had a free day, but thanks to that he could now play with Kristine. Randi checked up on them once in a while, since her Grand Meal was now in the oven.

fjDNSUL.png
    Holidays apparently don’t count for university students. I JUST finished three classes and my next tutor session was already waiting for me...

GKkwb2F.png

N2GqRhv.png

I also want some Kristine-time, just like mom and Naoki ;-;

DWa0n6V.png
    (Randi) "Ah, this looks great. You exceeded yourself, Randi Barber!!"

f54WjYW.png
    When I came home from my tutor session late in the evening, I finally got my Kristine-time.

(Bryon) "Dinner looks great, mom!"
    (Randi) "Well, thank you! I hope it also tastes great."

CLiOByf.png
    (Naoki) "I don't think you have to worry about that, Randi."
    (Randi) "Aww, thank you!!"

dI89kbS.png
    Time to eat.

hVp8r4L.png
    In the meantime, Father Winter came over and had a nice conversation with Kristine. I didn't really give the man the attention he deserves, I'm sorry. But at least Kristine had a nice talk with him.

1wkpblj.png
    (Naoki) "Oof... I suddenly don't feel so good..."

PUSiC1a.png
    (Naoki) "Oh no, I gotta throw up..."

qHiCRbe.png
    (Naoki) "I'm so sorry, please excuse me!"

(Randi) "... Was my food that bad?"
    (Bryon) “No, your food was delicious, mom. Naoki probably ate too much once again... I’ll go check on him”
    (Randi) "Please do."

IMTaHVS.png
    (Naoki) “This isn't good... I was feeling just fine a few minutes ago...”

C7k9jD4.png
    (Bryon) “Naoki, are you alright?”
    (Naoki) “Yeah, I'm better again. I don't know what just happened."

fB7VlIZ.png
    (Bryon) “Oh my.. That toilet...”
    (Naoki) “I’m so sorry, I’ll clean that right away.”

xiinWSl.png
    (Bryon) “No worries, I’ll clean that. I was just worried.”
    (Naoki) “Really?”

1mPZa7p.png
    (Naoki) “That makes me really happy.”

I caught myself staring at... Something that wasn't there before.

fnA3WUx.png
    (Naoki) "What are you looking at?"
    (Bryon) “Ehm...”
    (Naoki) “What?”

F9B43Fq.png
    (Bryon) “Just where did that belly come from??”
    (Naoki) “Belly?! Are you calling me fat now?”

TkC6Zi1.png
    (Bryon) "No, I'm not calling you fat! You literally have a belly right there!"
    (Naoki) "Oh. I guess I do. Heh. Maybe I ate too much of your moms dinner because it was so delicious."
    (Bryon) "You need to work out. That belly isn't going to stay. Nope!"

azv9zJl.png
    (Naoki) "Work out...? Really...?"
    (Bryon) "Yes!"
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Karababy52

Oh my gosh, Essa and Josh are engaged! I'm so happy for them, and what a wonderful way to propose! Is the 'mother of my children' a hint, by any chance? Either way, what a romantic getaway and wonderful proposal - I couldn't be more ecstatic for Essa and Josh.

@SoulGal7

March 18th - Poor Sakura, she really is having a hard time. It's really not fair on her, huh? On the one hand, she has guilt from kissing Wolfgang, and on the other, she has heartbreak from her unresolved stuff with Kiyoshi. I really love how you lay out her emotions, it makes for such a good read, and she looks gorgeous in that outfit!

March 19th - Oh, how lovely that they were going to do that for Sakura! And it's great to see Jenny in her party gear, along with everyone else's Sims! And props to Luna for trying to protect her friend - Kiyoshi should definitely confess to what happened already, rather than just sweeping it under the rug like that. I'm worried now about what Wolfgang might do. Also, Kiyoshi, people don't belong to people! Just because you love someone, it doesn't make them 'yours'.

@AnnoyingTiger

I hear you on catch ups! I really need to write my posts ahead of time. It's just too much to try each day! Astrid looks to be getting along well, though.

@permanentrose

101 - That was as cute as it promised to be! You can arrange play dates in game now, right? I loved seeing the kids interact with each other like that at the beach, it was absolutely adorable, and seeing Ruby and Kristine getting to play together just melted my heart as it always does. They're so cute!

102 - Aw, poor Jules missing Ruby! At least she can call her and visit loads. Farrah is definitely a cute roommate!

Great to see Jenny! She looks pretty happy - I wonder whether she's still dating Rohan in this world or not?...

Woah, Melody and Jules! Didn't see it coming, but they're pretty cute together!

@Skeilah

It's quite sad about Kumiko, because of course, she went through so much towards the end. I love that Randi is doing her best to keep her memory alive, and to make sure Kristine knows who her mother is.
    And the party is getting into full gear now with The Plumbobs in da house! Yes!

March 20: Party Surprise!

surprise-cover.png
    After hearing the conversation between Luna and Kiyoshi, Wolfgang wanted to confront Kiyoshi and find out what exactly had happened at that camp with the ex-girlfriend. But he didn't. Instead, he took a deep breath and walked into the house and over to where Sakura was seated.

wolf-look.png

She had a small group around her and she was laughing at some joke that Astrid had just told. She looked so happy sitting there, and gosh, she looked so beautiful. He saw Kiyoshi sitting close to Sakura and Wolfgang noticed that Kiyoshi had a fresh drink in his hand.

laughing-at-story-sakura.png

River stopped him in mid-stride, "Hey Wolfgang, everything is set and everyone is here now. Sakura's gonna be so frickin' surprised..." he said smiling. Wolfgang could tell by the way that River was slurring his words, that he had made a few trips to the bar.

everything-is-all-ready.png

Wolfgang: "Hey bro, maybe you should take it easy on the juice...."

River: "Wolfgang, bro, this is a P-A-R-T-A-Y! And Sakura's been found, dude. This is EPIC! We need to celebrate. Like my man, Joaquin over there says...Joivie la vivi...Joivie la tootoo...Joivie la peepee,,,,no...no...no....some French saying, bro...celebrate life! Yah! And that's what we all need to do! Woot! Woot! Now get up there and sing that song with YOUR girl..."

everythings-ready-dude.png

Wolfgang looked around, "River, she's not MY girl...remember her boyfriend is here...keep it down..."

River: "Wolfgang...you've been crushing hard on Sakura for a long time now...everyone knows it...and bro...she's got eyes for you, too...plus dang, she's a frickin' hottie...whatcha waiting for, dude...?"

we-all-know-you-crush-sakura.png

Sakura had looked over to where Wolfgang and River were standing and was wondering what was going on because she thought she heard her name mentioned.

SAKURA-LOOKING-IN-WOLFS-DIREECTION.png

Wolfgang saw her and waved, and then did a motion that indicated that River had a bit too much to drink.

too-much-take-2.png

Wolfgang: "Look, River...just try to behave. I don't want any trouble for Sakura..."

River: "Okely Dokely. My lips are sealed..." he said making some wild expression and then pretending to zip up his lips and throw the key away.

okey-dokey.png

["Dang!" thought Wolfgang looking at River, "As if I don't have enough problems already!"]

as-if-i-dont-have-enough-probs.png

Just then Joaquin called everyone to attention and said he had an announcement to make.

joaquin-lets-hear-them-sing.png

Joaquin: "Ce soir (tonight), we have a BIG celebration for la belle (the beautiful) Sakura, who we thought was lost to us, but was found by her boyfriend, Kiyoshi and her best friend, Wolfgang..." *clapping and hoots were heard in the house* "...and this is also an early fête d'anniversaire (birthday party) because Kiyoshi has to leave demain (tomorrow) for the Olympic camp again. So tonight, Wolfgang has organized a little surprise for Sakura. Some of you may not know that Sakura is famous...yes! She wrote a song called "Who Knows" that is now being played on the radio. C'est vrai! (It's true). And so, tonight, Wolfgang has arranged for her band The Plumbobs to be here, and so now we will go outside and Sakura will sing her song for us..." *loud clapping and whistles from everyone*

surprise.png

Wolfgang: "Surprise, Sakura!"

Kiyoshi looked at Sakura, "Sakura, I didn't know you wrote a song..."

Sakura: "Yeah, I did. Actually, Wolfgang helped me write it..." she said as she got up from her chair, and gave Kiyoshi a hug, "I'm glad you're here to hear me sing it..."

SAKURA-AND-HER-2-LOVES-BDAY.png

Kiyoshi gave her a kiss on the cheek and then Wolfgang brought her up on stage with him.

kiss-on-cheek.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, are you okay. You're not going to have stagefright again, are you?"

ARE-YOOU-REDY-SAKURA.png

Sakura: "No, I'm okay this time. I'm okay singing in front of friends..."

River from the audience: "You rock Sakura!"

you-rock-sakura.png

Sakura laughed nervously. Wolfgang motioned for Roxanne to start...

GUITARS.png

WATCHING-THEM-SING-KIYOSHI.png

When Sakura heard the music start, she was suddenly transported back to the night of The Plumbobs concert. And then she heard Wolfgang start to sing...

Wolfgang: "I'm in like with you...not in love with you...just yet..."

LOVE-TRIANGLE-SINGERS.png

Sakura looked up at him and her eyes started to get moist, and she wiped the tears away. And suddenly she started to sing, and when she looked out she saw Kiyoshi staring at her and she blew him a kiss. He smiled back and she saw that he had another drink in his hand.

KIYOSHI-WATCHING.png

STRINGS.png

LOOKING-AT-EACH-OTHER-SAKURA.png

SINGERS-IN-LOVE.png

moody-koyishi.png

plumbobs-side-2.png

When the song was over, Sakura and Wolfgang stood looking at each other smiling.

KISS-THAT-GIRL.png

And then suddenly, from the audience, River shouted: "Kiss her bro....let's see THAT kiss..."

KISS-THE-GIRL-WOLF.png

Sakura stopped smiling and paled instantly, and everything seemed to spin around her, but Wolfgang came to her aid.

Wolfgang: "River, bro...you're cut off from any more juice tonight..." Everyone laughed at that, especially when River called Wolfgang a poopie-head.

you-are-cut-off-wolfgang.png

BRYON-LAUGHING-AT-POOPIEHEAD.png

Wolfgang looked at Kiyoshi sitting there staring at the two of them and then at Sakura who had a look of pure horror on her face,

KIYOSHI-WATCHING-PERFORM.png
    look-of-horroe-SAKURA.png

"I do believe that Kiyoshi needs to come up here and give his girl a kiss for that great performance. Right, everyone? Oh yeah, Sakura did great!" he said motioning for Kiyoshi to come forth. Everyone clapped and cheered,.

Kiyoshi came and stood beside Sakura, and took Sakura in his arms. Kiyoshi felt Sakura trembling, as he held her close to him. Kiyoshi kissed her, and he could taste the salt tears that were rolling down her cheeks.

scenic-kiss-sakura-kiyoshi.png

When they parted, he said, "Sakura, you have an amazing voice. I am so happy that I was here tonight to hear you sing."

YOU-ARE-A-GREAT-SINGER.png

Sakura smiled at him and gave him a hug and seemed to cling to him.

DONT-LET-GO.png

Kiyoshi: "It's okay, Sakura, it's alright...we'll talk later...just enjoy the party..."

ITS-OKAY-WELL-TALK-LATER.png

Sakura released him. She nodded her head and wiped her eyes and thought, "Kiyoshi knows something happened at that concert. Somehow he has figured it out. I'm not sure when he did, but he knows that Wolfgang and I kissed. I feel horrible. But, yes, I need to tell him when we get home so that there are no more secrets between us..."

SOMEHOW-KIYOSHI-KNOWS.png

Kiyoshi then high fived it with Wolfgang and thanked him for arranging the surprise.

hi-five-with-wolf.png

River walked into the house carrying Pumpkin, talking to the cat, "...and they laughed at me...." Pumpkin purred..."...life is so unfair...I knew you'd understand..."

pumpkin-came-to-party.png

Sergio came over and helped Sakura back to the living room and everyone seemed to head inside once again for another round of drinks.

more-boozing.png

Everyone, that is, except Kiyoshi who stood outside by himself thinking about what he had just witnessed and trying to remain calm. And it seemed to Kiyoshi that he "knew" what had happened at that concert between Wolfgang and Sakura. Oh yes, he knew.

mad-kiyoshi.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    April 10-14
    3BHwu7X.png
    Since I'm cramming in so many days I'm just going to put them under spoilers with the highlights.
    April 10
    Pn2GAU8.png
    Roxanne finally made it to the weekend. She attended the School Spirit event and had to make friends with two soccer team mates. I didn't know that the best way to find them was to look at coworkers and had to look that up. Either way she made her friends!

April 11
    hhIfUPt.png
    Roxanne added some information to ERAM and got paid for it. I put that under the main picture. She also met Rubanoid at the Utili-bot Contest. She didn't enter even though she is also studying Robotics on her own, but it was fun to look around. I wanted to get in some guest lectures and this was the only day of the week Roxanne didn't have Soccer practice. She and Rubanoid became good friends and even started flirting. Then attended the lecture together.. . Oh my heart be still!

April 12
    XdA5ydV.png
    Roxanne only had one class on Monday and had turned in all her work and of course took notes during class. She attended another lecture then went to soccer practice late. Then she had a date with Rubanoid and he became her boyfriend! Thennnn.... yes, yes they did!
    In the middle of the night she e-mailed all her professors again and was told she was a stellar student in all but one class. Uggh she was doing satisfactory! She drank a potion and studied for the rest of the night for that class. It was Psychology II and I think it might be because it starts immediately after another class. She's often a few minutes late because the game makes her walk into her house before I can make her go to class! Eeek!

April 13
    ylr9pJb.png
    Tuesday... Roxanne had her other 3 classes and finals. I'm so anxious on this day for her but she was as prepared as I knew how to make her. She even did some focusing yoga before heading out!
    She was also promoted to Starter on her Soccer team later that night!

April 14
    UHhjQdp.png
    On Wednesday she only had one class and I was stressed for Roxanne but... awww yeah! Roxanne finished her classes and re-enrolled! No rest for the wicked!
    Gotta look to see!
    ImXNefo.png
    I3OeSmt.png
    LOFlUJH.png
    I gotta catch up on reading everyone's stuff!
    egTcBMc.png
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    April 11th

Finding the Right Words

04-14-21_8-21-09_PM.png?width=721&height=577

This was harder than she’d imagined. Jenny sighed as she stared at the words on her screen.

Jenny knew that Ekram likely would stand by the family he knew, in a pinch. She knew the man was very traditional, and loved his family, and she couldn’t vouch for his reaction if she had revealed to both grandparents that they were now great-grandparents to her daughters.

However, thinking it over, she hadn’t been able to discount Eleanor. Eleanor had great strength of character, and she knew that she’d at least want to know.

04-14-21_8-21-59_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Dear Eleanor

I am writing to let you know you are a great-grandmother to two wonderful girls…

She deleted it, groaning. How were you even supposed to do this? She tried again.

Dear Eleanor,

I know you might not want to hear from me, but I have to tell you something very important--

“Too dramatic.” She sighed. “This isn’t going to work.”

She stepped away from the computer, trying not to feel defeated. Of course, she didn’t want to deprive them of getting to know her daughters, but at the same time, she and Rohan hadn’t ended things amicably. She had found out his true character – someone who couldn’t handle the slightest responsibility or even take the blame. Of course, she loved her girls, but she very much wished they had a different father.

He still hadn’t contacted her. She regularly tried to reach out to him, but it was more of a chore she had to do than something that she felt would actually have a result. The babies remained blissfully unaware they even had a father, cooing at her and crying for her. They didn’t even know another parent was a possibility.

But she wasn’t an idiot. She knew that when they were old enough, that would change, and they would want to know where their father was.

She turned back to the computer, and sat down. Maybe she should write for her girls, instead. Not Eleanor.

“Maybe if I write it like…” She mused to herself.

04-14-21_8-22-54_PM.png?width=721&height=577

Once upon a time, there was a Mama Bird and a Papa Bird, who loved each other very much.

One day, the Mama Bird decided to build a nest in a lovely little town. She had flown over it and thought it was a lovely place to build her nest, but the Papa Bird didn’t like it.

“Why don’t you build your nest in the mountains?” he asked. “The Auntie Bird lives there, and I could fly there all the time.”

“I want to build my nest here,” the Mama Bird said.

“Well, if that is what you want.”

The Papa Bird watched as the Mama Bird built her nest, but he did not build it with her. Instead, he stayed where he was, and flew to visit her from time to time.

One day, he found she was sitting on two beautiful eggs.

“Are these our eggs?” he asked the Mama Bird.

“Yes, but it is hard to keep them warm.” The Mama Bird sighed. “I need someone to help.”

“I cannot leave my nest!” The Papa Bird shook his head. “I cannot join your nest. You were the one that built it.”

With that, he flew away, and –

Jenny deleted the words, staring blankly ahead of her. No, that would be awful. What a thing to read for a child! In fact, it was just the rephrased argument that her beautiful daughters never needed to know about. How would she even explain this to them? That Rohan didn’t care about them? She never wanted her children to know that. Celeste and Iris were just too precious to ever be hurt that way.

04-14-21_8-23-15_PM.png?width=721&height=577

04-14-21_8-23-43_PM.png?width=721&height=577
    @lilypadmeulin - April 11th - Love the Mama BIrd Story :smile: What a way to tell Rohan's Grandparents, though, I guess the letter writing might not be the way to go for Jenny. Rohan....come around...geez...I know that probably he was informed of their birth already via text or something. I am sure you have a plan for all of this, but it is just so frustrating that he won't even come and see them. *hugs to Jenny*

@Hermitgirl - Oh my gosh! I had to laugh that Roxanne is in love with a robot and that he's her boyfriend. Can they have robot babies? lol Okay, Roxanne, do not woohoo in the shower, girl, it will just drive that robot berserk, and his love or lust for you will sadly die. And congrats to Roxanne for completing term 1 with an A+ Woot!

@Skeilah - I have been following this storyline and oh no...Naoki is starting to show and Bryon thinks he needs to exercise. lol Poor Naoki. They all think he ate too much of Randi's food and that's why he was feeling ill. Little do they know...hehehe :) And Bryon wants to work out....and Naoki is only thinking of um...you know..."working out" lol

@permanentrose - Update 103 - The answer has now been solved with what happened to all the toilet paper during the toilet paper shortage crisis. Jules, better save some of that...you just never know. Too bad that guest lecture went on so long and Jules had to cut it short. Those professors are always so long-winded, right? And gee, what a decision for Jules - crash or party...um...party! lol Ahhh...I kind of feel sad for Jules...thinking that because she has a child that no-one will want her, except for a quickie. Ahhh....pats Jules on the back. However, Terrell in the towel in a steamy shower...oh yeah! woot!

@Karababy52 - I agree with @permanentrose - look at Essa's bling!

@AnnoyingTiger - Apr 11 - Yeah, Astrid sold something on plopsy to the freezer bunny! lol A beanie. lol And look at little Penelope eating her peas. What a great kid. And they are in Mt. Komorebi, with the remove the shoe warning coming at Duane. hehehe

Apr 10 - Congrats to Astrid for maxing the painting skill. And that is a pretty sexy painting that she did. :)

Apr 9 - And Astrid gets the Llamacorn Scout Award! And also wins a new computer at Geekcon! Wow! She's on a roll here. I see that she was milking the cowplant, who did the cowplant eat?

@Ellupelluellu - I think that is hilarious that Melody has a hugging curse. Too funny! I guess that is a good one to have. Melody made a delicious looking meal there for her and Malcolm.

Commenting on the challenger's kids - OMG! Sakura and Bryon's kids are soooo cute. And wow, Essa's kids as teens are gorgeous! Jules' little child Rasmus, is so adorbs with the cute cheeks! teehee Actually, all the kids turned out really well. Good matching there!

@Kanindota - Wow! That was quite a chapter...so River went back in time, so to speak, but now everyone's memories are wiped clean of him. Poor River.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hope I hit on everyone's gameplay & stories and didn't miss anything. It's weird jumping back and forth for too many days lol.

@lilypadmeulin Wow, I've read from learning about Jenny's pregnancy until now where she's trying to figure out how to tell Rohan's parents about Celeste and Iris. When Rohan blocked her that got me upset more than anything. I'm willing to give two young parents the benefit of the doubt and let them take time to try to digest things but grrr completely blocking. I hope Rohan come's around and is able to be a good parent eventually though. Jenny has a good support system with Morgan so that's good.
    Lol, I have to tell you that I just wondered if you just wanted Jenny to be a little plump when she got older so the gradual weight gain before the reveal was a great touch.

@Skeilah So the hole in his heart is that Naoki was gone right? I had to laugh over Bryon test kissing everyone, great way to do the serial romantic aspiration... and omg Naoki is getting sent back with a little extra baggage! Where's it gonna pop out from?? LOL.. sorry had too!
    Yahh for the great grades on the first term also :).

@Karababy52 Yahh grats on the stellar grades. The debate glitch was hilarious...and the disappearing jet ski! Josh is pretty good at hogging the spotlight!
    Awww the engagement post was so sweet, the sentiment is wonderful also.

@Ellupelluellu Lol the towel hugging curse is great and better with Malcolm in a towel!

@Soulgal7 The fights were great... smart working in the Mischief aspiration with them!
    Ahh the story of the love triangle is heating up. I'm much more on Wolfgang's side for so many reasons now.. not just that Sakura seems to feel more for him but because of the way Kiyoshi twisted some things at the party also set him even more in the hole for me. River was hilarious by the way hehe.

@permanentrose Was laughing over making out with River and later Melody. I think it's great that you are doing the serial romance ... oh and Farah is gorgeous! Late to the party but if you want Roxanne in on it that's great too. I agree though you don't have to make them all one night stands lol.

@AnnoyingTiger Astrid looks like she's doing great with scouting.. and photography.. and painting... and gardening!
    egTcBMc.png
    *Updated my April 13th post above! I apologize for how long it took me to update it this time and the lack of comments on your posts. I had a few delays for a variety of reasons. Anyway, I'll get started on comments next! I might not be able to post them right away though since I still need to play for today's post. Ugh, I keep getting behind and scramble to post at least the Daily post pic. Sorry about that... hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! Hopefully be back sooner rather than later. <3
    @Skeilah
    Ah, okay. I figured it was a dream. :) Makes sense about not using those two spells to bring Sims back to life. I hadn't really thought about it that way about Grim being the only one to be able to do that. I probably won't use them myself with Essa, unless Josh dies or something. God forbid! o.O Yep, it's nice having additional Sims to play other than our challenge Sim, makes it more interesting I think. Glad you like that little exchange about their trip. It's fun these two have things between them that only they (and a very, very select few others) know about. ;)

It must be so surreal for Bryon to remember everything now, and even those around him too, like River mentioning the kiss and that others are gossiping about him. I bet Naoki will freak out if he ever finds out, I hope he doesn't. o.O But knowing your love for drama, he probably will. :D Love that analyzer Scientists get as a career reward. Too bad it doesn't work anymore after they quit or retire from that career. :( So Naoki suspects he was abducted. I don't know if that's good or bad. I guess we'll see soon.

Aww, Randi is such a good Mother, getting them a tree, putting it up, preparing a Grand meal for everyone, etc. She reminds me a lot of my MIL, she was thoughtful like that. Uh oh...o.O And it begins. I wonder how long, if ever before the baby(ies) is born, before Naoki or Bryon figures out it's not just a big gut he's got now. I don't think exercise is going to work to get your boyfriend into shape Dude. :D

@permanentrose
    Yeah, getting their snow sports skills up was part of the reason I sent them to Mt. Komorebi, but the proposal was the main thing. Josh maxed all of them out, but Essa still needs a bit more time. They'll be back again though, so I'm not too fussed about it. :) It is nice being able to take my time getting these skills maxed for them without the pressure.

Oh yeah, about the hot springs, it did get dirty from their, er, 'fun' in there, but Essa did throw in a cleansing tablet before they left. I just didn't show that screenshot.
    HV8zSOm.png

I figured that out about Yuki's costume. It was the only explanation I could think that made sense. :D Good luck with the aspiration. I've never tried that one and I most likely never will. If I did, the Sim would need to be a player or a very free spirit, like maybe my hippie, Sunshine Beam. I'm sure you'll be able to write it in such a way it makes sense for Jules.

When I played Uni previously with other Sims living in the dorms, I didn't bother to edit any of their dormmates, except maybe the absolute worst offenders and one that ended up being the girlfriend of my guy, Carter Grant. He was a member of Essa's club. The last time I played with him after he'd graduated, he and his girlfriend were going to be parents. Farrah is very cute. Love her hair! I'm partial to purple though. Nice set-up for their dorm room. The bunkbeds work so well for that.

Gah! They really need to tweak those 'Congratulations' text/cell phone calls. All texts/calls our Sims get need to be tweaked in my opinion. I've had some weird ones like that including one where one of my Sims' ghost Mother called to send their condolences over the death of a family member. SHE was the family member that died. Sheesh! How is she calling from...wherever in the first place?

Thanks about Josh and Essa's engagement! I had planned for the proposal to happen on the mountain top right from the beginning of their relationship. It's probably the only thing I had planned that far ahead. :D The bats were a fun surprise, I didn't expect that to happen when they were woo hooing in there. :D And yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see the things they'd left behind from the first trip were still there. Both trips to the summit were special to them in their own ways and always will be, of course. There's only one thing I forgot to do for this trip and I could kick myself for it. They didn't take any photos! GAH! I purposely had Essa take her easel to paint as well. Oh well... However, I do have a TON of screenshots so that'll have to do.

Yeah, Essa was out jogging and I purposely paused just right so her ring would show. :) I don't know if others do this, but when my Sims get engaged or married, I always try to give them the appropriate rings for it. If I remember. Sometimes I forget. :)

It's just silly Sims logic with the spray bottle cleaning the statue. Should just be an animation showing them pulling the TP off the statue instead. Oh well... Ah, I forgot they can get dazed from the keg if they drink too much. Saw her encounter with Terrell from a mile away. ;) I see she's starting to feel a bit remorseful for her actions though. That's a good thing.

@SoulGal7
    Joaquin and Sergio are such sweethearts and protective big brothers for Sakura. I love that! Oh boy, the convo between Wolfgang and Kyoshi was tense. Wolfgang picked up on it right away that Kyoshi was telling him to back off, that Sakura was HIS girlfriend. Pretty slick (like Wolfgang said) how he twisted it around to make it sound like a Dr. said it could jeopardize her health if anything should 'happen' to her emotionally. Tsk! Kyoshi is real piece of work. I don't blame Wolfgang for getting angry like that. Poor guy. :( I'm still rooting for him to be the one Sakura ultimately chooses. I can't help it.

Oh my, and then Kyoshi's convo with Luna! o.O That certainly opened some eyes eh? Luna wasn't fooled and then Wolfgang overheard as well. Wow, things are going to come out and get messy at some point. The writing is on the wall Kyoshi, Sakura will find out what you did and then, sorry to say, you're toast Buddy!

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I got a kick out of how Kyoshi kept changing between two different party outfits. :D

Thanks about the proposal! I have to say, it's about time too and it's one of my favorite posts. Very surprised it only has one like, but no bother, those really don't matter much. I'm in love with love, as you know, and these kind of love filled mushy posts are what I love the most. :) About the cabin, I had read that too! The only reason I can think why it didn't happen is the first time they did the excursion, Essa was the leader. This time Josh was the leader. Maybe it has to be two times with the same leader? Or perhaps there needs to be nothing on the 'hidden' lot for the little cabin to appear? I don't know.

No worries about the comments for other challenge stories. It's not a requirement, I just enjoy doing it myself because I enjoy giving feedback. Even if I do sometimes go overboard and write novels. Opps! :D

Ohhh Wolfgang, clever boy with the birthday song surprise! I love this Sim! River being three sheets to the wind though almost blew it though with his 'juice' induced comments. o.O Love seeing the band members all together again though. I still think Roxanne looks the best. She looks fanfreakintastic in that outfit, like a real rocker! Gah! And then River shouts out 'Kiss her, we wanna see THAT kiss.' O.O Nice way to cover for it all Wolfgang by having Kyoshi come up there and kiss her. Too bad it didn't work and Kyoshi suspects even more now there was something between Sakura and Wolfgang. Well, I don't know, maybe that's a good thing though, it'll get everything out in the open eventually.

Thanks about Essa's new ring! She had to show it off, it's a big 'ol rock eh? :D

@lilypadmeulin
    Thank you! I'm extremely happy they are officially engaged now! :) No, that was in reference to any future children they may have together, not a hint. :)

I'm so glad Jenny tried to tell the Grandparents about their new Great Grandchildren. I absolutely LOVED the story about the Mother bird, so, so cute! I understand why she decided not to send it to them though. This must be so hard for her knowing she has to let them know about their Grandson and how she's been treated and about their Grandchildren, but not knowing how exactly to do it. Good luck to her in finding a way to do it.

@Hermitgirl
    Wow! Go Roxanne, she's on a roll! Got a new robot boyfriend, promoted on the soccer team and all A+ for grades. Yay! \o/ Be careful with that sharing of information on the Research machine. They can die from doing that if they do it too much. o.O

Thanks for the comments on my posts! Essa is doing extremely well, I'm happy for her. Josh is such a show-off with his skills eh? I'm having fun playing with him when Essa is busy. :) Thanks about their engagement too. I LOVE the Mt. Komorebi sentiments! They're so well thought out. Wish all the other ones were just as good, but I'm not complaining, not really. I'm glad they added the sentiments!

Whew! Okay, think I'm all caught up! If I missed anyone or something, I apologize and please let me know. I'm off to play my game now and get a Daily post pic for today at least. I doubt I'll have time to post the story part until later. But I'll try! Have a great rest of your day/night! <3
    @Skeilah
    Poor Randi, spending her whole day in the kitchen, just to have Naoki vomit up her meal :D Well we all know the reason he's sick, but I'm sure that will come as quite a shock when Naoki gives birth :D And Kristine was just too cute having a chat with Father Winter <3

@Karababy52
    Cute that Josh's brothers were in on the proposal :) And I love it that Josh keeps taking down the Foxbury banners, haha. And Essa's really killing it with those grades! This will be her final semester, right? Gorgeous screenshots as usual :)

@SoulGal7
    Omg, your daily photo <3 It's just too sweet. I feel like Wolfgang and Sakura are just meant to be. Nice that the Plumbobs could come play at her party too, and River and his "juice" was just too funny. And uh oh, Kiyoshi does not look pleased...I feel like he has no right to be this upset though, when he was messing around with Kaori...a confrontation is on the horizon, and I'm very curious to see how it will all go down 😬

@lilypadmeulin
    That update was so heart wrenching, from Jenny's failed attempts to contact Eleanor and Ekrim, to that sad little story she wrote to try to explain to her daughters while their dad isn't a part of their lives. I hope things start looking up for Jenny soon. But at least she has those two beautiful girls to love <3 A very well written update :)

@Hermitgirl
    Good to see you back! I miss Roxanne! Looks like she's thriving at uni, and I love that she's been romancing a servo bot :D So on brand for you and Roxanne. Can sims have babies with those things? I hate those classes that are back to back, it's impossible for sims to get to the second on time. It reminds me of my college days when I had to run across campus to make back to back classes though :D
    edited April 2021
    April - Day 14: "A promise is a promise."

KQruIfD.png

Notes
    GORjejD.png
    Essa's first class the next day wasn't until 11 a.m. so she took advantage by doing some painting, taking some photos and played a little violin. Josh started working on his Debate skills, he was determined to beat Essa. Josh is a Super Sim, but he's not perfect. Everyone has their flaws. His was that he hated to be beaten at anything. He always wanted to be the best.

When Essa returned from class she immediately started on her homework. Josh wandered out into the living room, bored from staring at and arguing with himself in the bathroom mirror all day.

"Hey, I have an idea Beautiful. Why don't you put that homework away and come upstairs with me?"
    "Sorry Babe, can't. Class starts in 10 minutes."
    "That's enough time. We can just have a quic..."

MROQYeb.png
    "Nope, much as I'd love to, I need to finish this."
    "Oh..." *Big Sigh*
    "Later though, I promise."

P61rwYS.png
    After Essa's last class, the couple walked back to campus so she could give her final presentation. Josh decided to do some research on A.I. Robotics. He'd learn about Robotics and increase his Debate skill at the same time.

UjAbPRp.png
    Essa joined him after the project presentation and used the other machine in the Commons to share her knowledge.

B2eGXIC.png
    "Are you okay Beautiful? That sounds very painful."
    "I'm...fine....AHHHHHHHH!"
    "You don't sound fine."
    "AHHHHHH!"

BWHTkuF.png
    She ended up very, very dazed and in need of a nap. Her mental energy was drained dry. If your Sim ends up like this DO NOT have them share their knowledge again while dazed. It WILL kill them! o.O

DA0KfcS.png
    Essa stumbled her way over to a couch and tried to sleep. However, I had a better idea!

uTNmsVW.png
    *chugs down potion of emotional stability*
    "Oh yeah, much better! Man I love being a Spellcaster!"

FNFX1aG.png
    The Debate Guild was having another meeting, at least they were trying to have one. But it was the same scenario as before. Everyone just stood together in their uniforms, nodding and 'uh huh'-ing at invisible debaters. Essa challenged Josh to another debate with her which he readily agreed to since he'd been practicing his debate skills. This time, he would beat her, he was sure of it!

The topic for debate was, "Are swimming pools inherently deadly?" Josh chose to argue they weren't and Essa would argue they were deadly.

He started out strong and gave some very good arguments. The Debate Guild watching them nodded their heads in agreement.

zmGdz4F.png
    Essa took her turn and gave her arguments why they were deadly. Which of course all made perfect sense. It seemed it might be a tie.

e3wTqml.png
    But in the end, Essa gave more realistic reasons why they are deadly and won again. Josh was devastated, hiding his face. The Debate Guild members wandered away and Essa walked over to Josh.

MXm8eyJ.png
    "It's okay Babe, maybe you'll beat me next time. But, hey, I know something that will cheer you up. Remember my promise this morning?"
    "Your promise? What prom...Ohhhhh!"

QYQktTD.png
    cf0CPrT.png
    IdcbP6n.png

5QxR7fw.png
    "Oh yeah, Beautiful, I feel MUCH better."
    "Ugh, I'm getting a headache."
    "Too late, we already...oh, wait, from the research thing. Let's go home so you can rest."

2jwizf2.png
    Sometimes I wonder if the A.I. in this game was set up purposely so our Sims would try to kill themselves. When it was warm, neither one wanted to eat outside. Now that it's Winter and bitter cold, they always want to eat outside.

"Has that fence wall always been there? I swear it was a hedge yesterday."

Essa finished her breakfast of leftover Chicken Stir Fry and then left for class. Thankfully she didn't freeze to death.

peGXnyl.png
    While Essa was in class, Josh once again practiced his Debate skills.

javAR2P.png
    Later he went for a jog. Though he has a high metabolism, as does Essa, eating all the rich dishes he prepares is bound to catch up with him at some point if he doesn't do something to make sure it doesn't happen. Can't have my handsome hunk getting flabby. Nope, No Way Jose!

x7nsOOw.png
    After Essa's last class of the day, there was no need to head back to campus this time. No tutoring, no presentations or lectures either. All she needs to do now is graduate and get a job using her degree to finish the aspiration.

So, what do these two like to do ALL the time whenever they have the time? A very rhetorical question. I usually don't show screenshots like this, but this one is VERY special. Up to this point, every time they've ever woo hoo'ed in the bed, there was NO fireworks, it was starting to bug me BIG time for some reason. They woo hoo, a lot! This time though, they were both very flirty and Essa had hung a flirty painting on the wall next to the bed. BINGO! Fireworks galore! Yay! Congrats you two! <3

ydGDi5v.png
    So what does a very flirty guy that likes to cook bake? A delicious batch of Flirty cookies, while half naked, of course.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my April 14th post above! Be back in a few... :)
    @permanentrose
    He was setting it up in an earlier chapter when I showed him chatting with Joel. ;) LOL Yeah, just another little something for him to do. Again, I wish they actually did reach up and physically take them down instead of just using the handy dandy swipe animation though. Oh well... Yes she is! I'm very proud of her. This is her last term. The next day is Friday in their world and then it'll be another free weekend for them. Monday she'll take her last finals and be done with Uni! Hopefully she'll end up with straight A+s and graduate with honors! Cross your fingers! 🤞
    edited April 2021
    Update 104 - Back on track

WtoxELs.png

Notes:
    After her questionable decisions the night before, Jules decided it was time to lay off the juice for a bit and really focus on her studies.
    pXkNCzi.png
    vR6DIHQ.png

After class, she decided to brush up on her debate skills. Essa Ellington, a girl she recognized from around campus, agreed to practice with her. They debated about if swimming pools were inherently deadly, and Essa won. Guess Essa's the debate queen in my game too, lol :D
    5WNJ79Q.png

That evening at soccer practice, she fell and hurt her wrist (nice touch that the game will add a bandage for the duration of the injury).
    vpOTF4y.png

These two girls, Isabelle (blonde) and Everly (brunette) have that hidden clingy roommate trait, and follow her almost everywhere, lol. Whatever, they're usually easy enough to ignore if I'm not in the mood, but it's also nice for Jules not to have to do her homework alone.
    gz5fLhu.png

Jules stayed a bit later at the commons to work on a term paper, and Mario showed up as well, though they didn't end up interacting.
    a7PnCeq.png

She came back after soccer practice to work more on editing her term paper, and Essa was in the background being studious as well.
    OTVqNUN.png

The next day, before soccer practice, Dell and Ruby made a surprise visit to campus and joined her for dinner.
    225FpQZ.png

It was so wonderful to see Ruby. Jules missed her terribly. Though she was enjoying some parts of dorm life, and the ease at which she could dictate her own schedule, it was very hard for her not to be a part of Ruby's daily life.
    QFgbmI5.png

She injured herself again at soccer practice, I probably gotta stop picking that practice hard option...

Since Jules has so many reward traits, she actually hasn't had the need to sleep yet this semester. Well, finally this evening, the night before finals, her energy bar slid down into the red, so I gave this girl a restful night sleep.
    PhcQgnr.jpg

Grabbing a drink after finals might be our tradition at the end of each term now. And I laughed when I saw that the lobster mascot was Terrell...
    pue1DCV.png

And since Jules got her act together, it was a very successful semester.
    T2LgNuh.png

Some extra photos and thoughts:
    Some screenshots of your sims :)

Bryon popped over to the Britechester campus for some reason, finally smiling for the first time haha.
    ho8wA2I.png

J4gHESS.png

Z0aF0NU.png

Ummm...where is all this food even coming from? :D
    dls5ahW.png

Well hello there...lol. Looks like someone wanted to check in briefly with Jules. She was at soccer practice though.
    uqqLsRl.png

My verdict on dorm life - I honestly don't think Jules spent enough time in her actual dorm for me to see how annoying it could be, and her needs also decay really slowly now, so I think that definitely helped curb some of the potentially annoying parts of dorm life. I tend to rearrange my households a lot so I can control the sims I need to for my updates more easily, and I could not do that and save my game without risking messing up Jules' roommates and stuff for this semester, which was probably the most annoying part for me personally. I did enjoy only controlling Jules for a bit instead of a bigger household, so that was a nice little break. But I'm moving her back with Dell and Sofia for this next semester - it's just gonna make my life easier for her to be living on a normal lot again, and I want her back with Ruby <3

Jules will have two more terms before she graduates. I decided each term can loosely represent the four year college experience.
    edited April 2021
    @Karababy52
    I also like to give my sims an engagement ring in all outfit categories once they get engaged, as long as there's bit of an engagement period so it's worth it to go into CAS to add it. I think it's a nice touch. Rose and Carrie also wear wedding rings in each of their outfit categories too :) I definitely have been noticing Essa's ring in a handful of your screenshots, and I appreciate the detail.

Aw, too busy for quickie, lol. I'm sure they'll appreciate the free time once Essa graduates though! And that's a funny animation for "sharing knowledge." I've never done that before, made me laugh to see your screenshot of the screen literally pulling info from her brain. And I did not know that sims could die from being too dazed, noted...

Haha, Essa won that same debate in my game too! I don't think Jules has won a debate yet, despite being up to a level 6. Poor thing :D
    Sometimes I wonder if the A.I. in this game was set up purposely so our Sims would try to kill themselves.
    Now that is an interesting thought...the amount of times I've seen sims autonomously go swimming and turn blue in the swimming pool in the dead of winter is ridiculous....Gunther Munch actually died this way in my game since I didn't end up intervening, LOL

Aw, nice job getting the fireworks, haha. And I figured we didn't get every screenshot of them woohooing LOL. I do enjoy the different mood based foods they can cook, and the flirty heart cookies are definitely one of my favorites.

I'm honestly not sure why I bothered to edit all her dorm mates. Kind of a waste of time, since I didn't even really have Jules interact with most of them. It was kind of nice to see normal looking people walking around the area though instead of individuals who should get the fashion police called on them, haha. I'm definitely enjoying using the bunk beds for things like dorm life too - loft and bunk beds were a staple part of my college experience, haha.

Yeah, Jules is just trying to figure things out, she definitely doesn't feel like herself, which I think is the big warning sign that she needs to take a step back and reevaluate her choices. However, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to experiment in college, especially if you're single and you're not hurting anyone in the process. Jules just personally isn't cut out for that kind of casual intimacy, but some people are. Also the sims really doesn't make casual intimacy an easy thing to achieve either, haha. Any variations in sims romantic feelings for each other often have to take place in the player's imagination since the game isn't gonna differentiate between someone like Lydia and Terrell once that pink bar starts building up, haha - I guess that's where the sentiment system could have the most potential, to be honest, to really start making more committed and long term relationships a bit more unique and varied. I feel like I'm definitely cutting corners a little bit when it comes to this aspiration (I don't love that the BF/GF stuff is happening behind the scenes in my story), but to make this fit into this big narrative I've made, I gotta be a little bit creative and flexible. I'm not cheating any aspiration milestones which I feel like is what counts in the end. It's just super easy to plow through romantic interactions and get sims to be in a relationship in like 5 minutes, as you know lol, so even if it's not appearing in my actual story, Jules has indeed been able to get a few boyfriends/girlfriends with ease. That beguiling trait definitely helps :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top