Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Woooooo Abby is ok!!

Aww so sweet their reunion. <3<3

What *is* the wizard trying to tell her, now???
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill I was really excited to see your update this afternoon! I loved reading it.
    Poor Sebastian so emotional hollering for Harvey when he arrived with her.
    Umm, not a good idea to keep information from a medical doctor that is trying to figure out what is wrong with your girl. I understand why Sebastian didn't tell.
    Wonder why Rasmodius needed her unconscious to teach her. He could do the same in her sleep.
    Sebastian was very sweet staying right by her side waiting for her to wake up.
    I'm glad Abigail woke up knowing Rasmodius had given her more info. Look forward to finding out what.
    Loved the two of them finally declaring their feeling for each other.
    I knew Sebastian would accept her magic. Its a part of her and he loves her.
    Yeah for the star!
    Yea girl, not time to think about Rasmodius. Just enjoy Sebastian's kisses!!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

I have been busy yesterday and today so not had time to
    give comments to this amazing chapter yet.
    I loved how well written it was, and those kissing poses are amazing.
    Seb and Abigail are cute together ( though one of my SW chars would be fuming since she is married
    to him lol :D ).
    Great job on this chapter.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @KevinL5257
    Woooooo Abby is ok!!
    ^Yep. She is. :blush: (Did I have you worried for a little bit there? :smirk: )

You commented quick boy! :grin: I posted it and next thing I know there's a comment notification from you. ;) I wasn't expecting such a fast response to it, but I loved it. <3
    ^That is a good question. ;) Are you wondering if he'll reveal that to her that he is her real father? Maaaybe, but probably not since that's something her parents, him, and her need to get together and discuss. That would be the proper thing to do, but who knows? Rasmodius kinda likes to do what he wants to do. :p (Sounds like his daughter is the same. :lol: )
    More will be revealed in the next part. :) Thanks for the comments. <3 Glad you enjoyed it. :)

@bekkasan I was so excited to share this one. :mrgreen: I knew that you especially would love it. :blush:
    Poor Sebastian so emotional hollering for Harvey when he arrived with her.
    ^I know. :cry: I can't even imagine being in a situation like that...
    Umm, not a good idea to keep information from a medical doctor that is trying to figure out what is wrong with your girl. I understand why Sebastian didn't tell.
    ^Yeah, it's really not a good idea and he knew that and that's what had him feeling conflicted. But then he was thinking, "Abby couldn't even tell me she has magical powers so how can I just up and tell Harvey her secret?" Especially with the others in earshot. Anyway, you get it. ;) I was hoping everyone gained a little respect for Seb in that moment and I think I succeeded. :blush:
    (He definitely gets the best boyfriend award as the scene goes on. ;)<3 )
    Wonder why Rasmodius needed her unconscious to teach her. He could do the same in her sleep.
    ^Oh he very much could. ;) More of that will be explained in the next part.
    I knew Sebastian would accept her magic. Its a part of her and he loves her.
    ^Yep. <3<3<3 #Truelove
    He feels like he has secrets too, ones that make it hard for people to understand him so he frequently feels misunderstood...so I think those feelings helped a lot - along with his love for her - in accepting her gift so fully.
    We all got to SEE the star this time! :lol:
    Yea girl, not time to think about Rasmodius. Just enjoy Sebastian's kisses!!
    ^Hee hee! Right!? :mrgreen: I still can't get over how hot that pose turned out at the end. :love:
    I love how much you loved this part and thanks for the comments. :kissing_heart:

@Silverofdreams30
    I loved how well written it was, and those kissing poses are amazing.
    ^Thank you. <3
    Seb and Abigail are cute together ( though one of my SW chars would be fuming since she is married
    to him lol :D ).
    ^Lol! :joy: So many love interests these characters have had in the past few years huh? I bet it's in the billions! Emily4331 said the same about Haley kissing Alex because her character was married to Alex. :p
    Thanks for the comments. :kissing_heart: I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5257
    Woooooo Abby is ok!!
    ^Yep. She is. :blush: (Did I have you worried for a little bit there? :smirk: )

You commented quick boy! :grin: I posted it and next thing I know there's a comment notification from you. ;)I wasn't expecting such a fast response to it, but I loved it. <3
    ^That is a good question. ;) Are you wondering if he'll reveal that to her that he is her real father? Maaaybe, but probably not since that's something her parents, him, and her need to get together and discuss. That would be the proper thing to do, but who knows? Rasmodius kinda likes to do what he wants to do. :p (Sounds like his daughter is the same. :lol: )
    More will be revealed in the next part. :) Thanks for the comments. <3 Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I just happened to click on this forum last night right after you posted, so of course I read it. :D Naw I'm not too worried, I know you won't kill your main characters. I'm just happy that she woke up quickly rather than keep us in suspense. :) I wasn't thinking anything specific, just wondering what he is trying to tell her with his cryptic non-responses.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@emorrill Great update!

omg I don't blame Seb at All, how can he possibly tell Harvey when all his nosy concerned friends are probably listening in! :o

''Hear me Abigail. It’s Rasmodius…
    He could feel that the connection had been made, but obviously Abigail couldn’t respond. That was okay because he had much to teach her.
    It was time.
    '' oooo i really liked that!!!

I ADORE the full face pic pf Seb!!! <3 what is that color of eyes? steel? He is Lovely! 💖💖💖

yeah, get out Doc, they need to be alone so I can get some Answers! :D

Oh I really like the pose on the bed kissing! and I usually am the only person in the entire place who dislikes poses! so that is saying a lot!!! this one is so sweet and lovely! Beautiful! And looks so natural! <3<3<3<3

Also I didn't know today was their first kiss!!!!! <3

Brava!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Oh my! I just binge read the whole of this today and wanted to say thanks for a great story. I love Stardew Valley and The Sims so the title really drew me in and I didn't get out until I read that last chapter. I'm going to have to follow this now because I got quite invested....great job on transferring Emily over from 2D, she was always my favourite out of the ladies....must be the blue hair :D Anyway thanks again for sharing and for bringing two of the best things ever into a collision that brightened up a chronic pain day.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@emorrill
    Might not be the wise decision not to tell a doctor everything, but in this case a good choice

Could she be dreaming of him
    Sorry lad, I don’t think so.

“Just looking at your beautiful hands,”
    ohh sweet, the way he tell her.

she didn’t feel hopelessly alone anymore.
    So wonderful that she is no longer alone with her secret.

It was time.
    Such a short sentence – yet so important
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    edited April 2021
    @KevinL5275
    I'm just happy that she woke up quickly rather than keep us in suspense. :) I wasn't thinking anything specific, just wondering what he is trying to tell her with his cryptic non-responses.
    ^Indeed. :lol: I couldn't keep her in a coma for chapters on end like I did with Sam Beckett in my Quantum Leap story. :lol: (Any of y'all remember that? ;):p )
    I see about the Wizard. He's a mysterious one. Even is in Stardew Valley so I had to keep that going. ;)

@DivaDoodle Hey lady. :smiley: Thanks for coming over here and reading. :kissing_heart:
    omg I don't blame Seb at All, how can he possibly tell Harvey when all his nosy concerned friends are probably listening in! :o
    ^Very true. ;)
    Thanks for the compliments on my writing. <3 I had to get a close up shot of Seb smiling for all the fangirls. :smirk:
    I wish I knew the exact coloring of his eyes. (I could find it for you if you want. :) ) However I have cc eyes and they have to be colored a little differently than normal to look good. If that makes any sense. :lol:
    yeah, get out Doc, they need to be alone so I can get some Answers! :D
    ^Ha ha, right!? :lol:
    Oh I really like the pose on the bed kissing! and I usually am the only person in the entire place who dislikes poses! so that is saying a lot!!! this one is so sweet and lovely! Beautiful! And looks so natural! <3<3<3<3
    ^Thank you. :blush: When I put them together in that pose I stopped and stared at my screen saying, "OMGosh that looks so hot!" :grin:<3 I couldn't believe how great it looked when the other poses that come with that set don't look as great because they don't line up well.
    You don't like poses!? :open_mouth: I did not know that. :lol: But it's okay. <3 You like the capture the real moments in game and you do it SO well! :star: And posing takes a bit of practice because if you don't do it *just* right, it can really look fake and awful. :confounded: So I get why some people don't want to mess with it.
    Yep. This is the first time they've kissed. :blush:
    Thank you for your sweet comments. I enjoy them so much! <3<3

@Bloosmoo
    Oh my! I just binge read the whole of this today and wanted to say thanks for a great story. I love Stardew Valley and The Sims so the title really drew me in and I didn't get out until I read that last chapter. I'm going to have to follow this now because I got quite invested....great job on transferring Emily over from 2D, she was always my favourite out of the ladies....must be the blue hair :DAnyway thanks again for sharing and for bringing two of the best things ever into a collision that brightened up a chronic pain day.
    ^Oh my goodness, wow! I hardly know what to say. :blush: Your words made my evening last night. :star: Thank you so much! And you are very welcome. <3 It has been an absolute joy writing this story and reading how much others love and enjoy it makes all the time I've put into it well worth it. <3
    My heart is so filled with happy that this story could provide you some entertainment while you're not feeling so great. <3 I'm sorry to hear that. :cry: My husband suffers from chronic pain so I kinda understand how miserable it can be. Is it just a flare up? I hope you'll be feeling better very soon. :star:
    And thank you also for the compliment on Emily (I like blue hair as well. :mrgreen: )
    Which guy character is your favorite? :)
    Feel free to comment on anything, anytime. Thanks again. :kissing_heart:

@Tamijo Yep, Seb be like, "It is SO wrong not to tell the Doctor what happened...but..." ;) I'm hoping he earned some brownie points in people's books because of that (especially those who aren't really fans of him to begin with. ;) Like myself honestly - when I first played Stardew Valley - but since writing this story I've grown very close to all the characters and love them all. <3 )
    Thank you for the comments. <3

I wrote a bunch more of the Chapter last night and still have a bunch more to go. :lol: Thankfully I'll have quite a bit of time to write today so hopefully I can finish it up, fine tune it, and get it posted within the next few days. Thanks again everyone. <3 And stay tuned. :blush:
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    @emorrill . Hi, lol, this may seem like a wierd answer but my favourite guy character in Stardew has to be Linus. He rescues you from the mines all the time, looks out for you and just seems so pleased with the little things in life. I also like Marlon, but that's because in my head he's a tall, rakish, silver fox with a sense for adventure. Bachelor wise I'm a bit team Elliot, his character is so kind and everything he does, he does with you in mind. I also like Sebastian and Harvey. Reading your story I even like Shane, and I know he has a great character redemption arc but he's so grumpy! You made him much more forgivable and I like that. Soooooo maybe next time I play I might actually befriend him. The chronic pain thing, I feel for both yourself and your husband, it's hard to live with but it's also very hard to ask for help. For that reason it can be really hard if you're a carer (I'm also in that catagory) because there's nothing worse than watching someone you care about suffer....and we aen't always the easiest of patients lol. Mine's an ongoing thing but I've lived with it longer than I've lived without it so it doesn't bring me down. I found your concern really touching. I'd also missed the last chapter so today I was frantically scrolling back and it was worth it! I'm curious to know what Rasmodius downloaded into Abby's head.
    edited April 2021
    @Bloosmoo Hey there. :) Thanks for the reply. <3
    Hee hee, I've actually heard of quite a few players that like Linus so you aren't alone there. ;) I commend him for living off the land cause I'm not sure if I could do it. :p (I'm a lazy camper. I want an RV not a tent! :lol: )
    Oh Marlon is totally a Silver Fox underneath that eye patch and grunge!
    Elliott is very sweet. <3 He just reminded me too much of Fabio to get my character interested in him. :lol:
    Harvey was my instant bachelor love. :love: (I think you could tell already. ;) ) Simply because I do kinda flock to the nerdy type, what can I say, I'm a nerd too, and then he reveals he's the town Doctor and I'm like, "Yep. He's the one." <3 (Why I have this thing for attractive Doctors I'll never know. :lol: )
    Reading your story I even like Shane, and I know he has a great character redemption arc but he's so grumpy! You made him much more forgivable and I like that.
    ^Thank you. <3 And oh my gosh yes he IS grumpy! :confounded: I'm playing Stardew Valley for the very first time, getting to know everyone, and his first words to me were, "Why are you talking to me? Go away!" And I was like, "Geez, no problem bub!" :angry: I mean, that comment made me instantly hate him...until I dug deeper into his story. ;)
    For that reason it can be really hard if you're a carer (I'm also in that category) because there's nothing worse than watching someone you care about suffer....
    ^This. 👍 I am a carer also and it is indeed difficult to watch those you love suffer, especially your spouse or a family member. :cry: Hubby will admit he's not the best patient either. :lol: And it's always been hard for him to ask for help. He has a rare autoimmune disorder that reared its ugly head after being exposed to something in Iraq. (He's former Army and was deployed during the surge back in 2007). Yeeeah, it took a whole year to finally get a diagnosis - it's called Mastocytosis or MCAD - and it's been kind of a rough ride ever since. Most of the time the doctors don't even know what to do for him cause it's so foreign, but more awareness is spreading so that's awesome. :star:
    It's taken me the better part of a decade to come to terms with the fact that this disease will limit the longevity of his life, but with this new medicine he's been on for 2 years now helping to chill the mast cells down better than anything else to date is making me very hopeful that he'll be around long enough for a cure. <3 🙏
    Anyway, I'm sorry you've had to suffer with yours for so long (you, hubby, and others with chronic health problems are such strong people :star: ) and I continue to send healing vibes your way. Hang in there. <3
    Yay! You've seen the new Chapter. :mrgreen: I'm getting excited to reveal more in the next part and hope to have it posted tomorrow. 🤞
    @emorrill

Do you prefer comments here in this section or over at the big thread?
    Already gave a comment on the recent chapters but for future reference hehe.
  • PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    I am a huge stardew valley fan, having ‘completed’ it a good few times and seen all the heart events etc. I read all your story so far and it’s fantastic. I think your depiction of the characters matches up well with their stardew valley ones and of course I loved Harvey and penny in the hot air balloon, that is one heart event I always remember!

The first time I played stardew valley, he was his rude self so I decided to stalk him and of course my character ended up marrying him! I was so surprised by his alcoholism...because I myself am married to a recovering alcoholic, typical that I ended up picking the one character with drink issues 😳 you did really well covering Shane’s withdrawals and beginning his recovery.

Now I’m sad there isn’t more to read, but I will be subscribing so I can see when you have updates! Well done 👍
    @Silverofdreams30
    Do you prefer comments here in this section or over at the big thread?
    ^Either place is fine with me. :)
    I haven't been on the main thread as much and I feel bad. :pensive: It's just been a bit much for me to handle lately. But mostly, I just haven't had a lot of time to devote to catching up on there. I'm either spending time with hubby and daughter, buoying hubby up cause he's struggling, and writing my story (for my own self care). So it leaves little time for the main thread. I won't stay away from it for long so don't worry. <3

@PurpleThistles Hi there. :grin: Thank you so much for popping in, reading and commenting. <3 I love gaining new readers. :blush:
    I loved Harvey and penny in the hot air balloon, that is one heart event I always remember!
    ^When I popped down the hot air balloon while making the festival lot better, the idea just came to me to illustrate Harvey's 8 heart event in the story with Penny. I grinned brightly and was like, "BRILLIANT! You must do it!" :mrgreen: So I did. ;) Thank you. :)
    The first time I played stardew valley, he was his rude self so I decided to stalk him and of course my character ended up marrying him! I was so surprised by his alcoholism...because I myself am married to a recovering alcoholic, typical that I ended up picking the one character with drink issues 😳 you did really well covering Shane’s withdrawals and beginning his recovery.
    ^Thank you. <3 His character was a challenge to write, but I enjoyed every minute of it.
    (In italics) Aww that's okay. 🤗 I've found that many of us who have a caring and compassionate heart, flock to those that we recognize - even if they never show it - are hurting or suffering because we want to help. It's just in our nature. Really, it's a great gift to have. My best thoughts and wishes to your husband has he continues on the road to recovery. :star: It's not easy and it takes a lot of strength. It also takes a lot of strength to be their love and supporter through it all. <3

Thank you again and for "subscribing." :blush: I'll have more posted today. :)
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@emorrill No no the Only reason I don't like poses is because i am always trying to figure out sims and their body language, to find out what are they really thinking! LOL that is the only reason I don't like poses!

I even try to figure it out in stories that use poses!!! LOL I am so bad! I know I'm supposed to just be immersed in the story and I am usually, but there is always a little part of me that LOOKs! 👀 "wait! is that girl's eyes thinking something other than what she is thinking in the story at this point?" <--- like that! hahaha😁🤣

No I'm not too good at the pics and I have to make Huge close ups but that is just cuz I can't see very well! hehehe
    Hey friends. <3 You have no idea how many times I edited this part of the chapter to get all the wording right. :confounded: So much is revealed and I had to make sure it coincided with all that's happened and will happen (of course throwing in some SDV Lore as well. ;) ) It was a major brain workout! 😅 Then the staging took a couple of hours so.....I hope the pics look good and realistic with what I had at my disposal. ;) Enjoy! :kissing_heart:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 14

“So what were you doing out there at the graveyard?” Sebastian finally asked her, allowing her to sit up and take a breather, while he took his place back in the chair. “When I found you I saw you talking to yourself.”

51115998601_32bd9f4678_c.jpg

Chuckling, she rubbed at her forehead again. “I was venting to the Wizard. Trying to get him to talk to me. Again.”
    “Again?”
    “Yeah...”

She explained to him all that had transpired since the Wizard first spoke telepathically to her in this world. Sebastian may have called him a “B**tard” for ghosting her, which she laughed at, but she went on to say, “As much as that was true...in his mind he had a good reason for not answering me.”
    Sebastian folded his arms and arched an eyebrow at her. “How do you figure?”
    “Because he spoke to me when I was in the coma and told me why.”
    His brows shot up. “Really?”
    “Yeah. He told me that it was necessary for me to discover the solutions to all my magical struggles on my own because it would make me a better and stronger witch. He was confident that I would in time, but when I became a little more persistent about it then he thought I would be, and did something very rash that almost cost me my life - to which he had to step in and save it - he felt it best to communicate with me again and teach me a few things.” She smiled, grateful once again for his care and generosity. “And he may have expressed he could’ve handled the whole situation better himself too.” She smirked. Wish my dad would fess up like that, she couldn’t help thinking.

Sebastian nodded, taking back calling the Wizard a b**tard and thanking him tremendously. That’s when he realized, “Wait...that faint, green bubble I saw appear around you. That was from him?”
    “Yep,” she nodded. “It was a protective shield. He cast it just in the nick of time...”
    “Thank God.”
    “I know…It seemed he created the barrier to have a defense mechanism. Obviously keep us in, but also to keep others out; particularly other magic bearers.” She sighed, looking down at her hands. “I didn’t think about the dangerous repercussions of firing at it and let my anger and frustration get the better of me. Which is a huge no no because my magic is so deeply tied to my emotions, but at the time I didn’t care.” She sighed again as she raised her head. “He told me that just because we discover we’re a magic bearer, doesn’t automatically mean that we can cast any spell we come across with ease. It takes years, decades even, of careful study and practice to master certain spells. Even though he did say I possess more power than he did at my age...”
    “Right on!”

51115750439_f9661ce5c2_c.jpg

“...and really I should’ve known that, but how was I supposed to?” she asked, spreading her hands apart. “I’ve never known much about my magic at all because no one was around to teach me about it. And of course for the first little while after I discovered I had it I was scared to death of it...because you know what we were always taught...”
    He gloomily nodded. “When did you first discover your magic?”
    “When I was ten.”
    “What!?” he grinned. “That long ago?”
    “Yeah...My parents got into a nasty fight one night, I don’t even remember what it was about, and it scared me so I ran out to the graveyard to be near my grandma who died a couple of months earlier. She was always so sweet and knew how to cheer me up when I was sad. I began to mourn greatly for her and that emotion, on top of all the others, made me scream in anguish and somehow this fireball shot out of my hand at the same time and broke off a piece of one of the other headstones. Needless to say, I was shocked!”
    Sebastian gasped, while keeping his grin. “I remember my folks talking about that broken headstone! Saying, ‘kids these days have no respect, even for the dead!’”
    Abigail laughed. “That’s hilarious!”

51115998651_835de7c8d9_c.jpg

Sebastian took her hands in his and rubbed them again as they sat in silence for a moment.

“I’m really sorry you had to go through all that Abby. Keeping such a secret for so many years. I can’t even begin to imagine how hard that was.”
    “Thanks,” she smiled.
    “And your parents don’t know?”
    “No. No one does. Except you. And I’m so relieved!”
    He kissed her hand, glad to hear it. “I really wish you would’ve told me sooner...so you wouldn’t have had to carry all that alone.”

51115431607_156ae22f25_c.jpg

“I know...me too.”
    They kissed again.

“So...the whole gemstone eating thing?” he asked with a smirk.
    “Oh my GOSH!” she laughed, hiding her face in the palm of her hand.
    “Seriously, what is that rumor all about?” he chortled. “I always found it difficult to ask you about it because I didn’t want to offend you, but...since I know you’re a magic bearer now I figure it had something to do with that.”
    “Well,” she started, giving him an impressed smile. “You would be correct.”
    “Yes!” he cheered, raising his fists.
    She giggled at the gesture. “I was in a bad mood one night; felt like flying away, getting the h*** out of Pelican Town, and leaving all my problems behind, you know?”
    “Oh yes. We’ve ALL been there!”
    “Well, my favorite mythical creature is a dragon, as you know. So when I found a spell that might turn me into one temporarily...I had to try it out.”
    “Get out! You didn’t?”

51115909828_0b284588bb_c.jpg

“I totally did. So one of the things I had to do was eat some gemstone dust before reciting the incantation, which had words that were quite difficult to pronounce and it was very frustrating!”
    He chuckled at how cute her brow and nose scrunched up while saying that.
    “Needless to say, after numerous attempts and an upset stomach, I didn’t turn into one,” she ended with a twisted mouth. “That was some pretty advanced magic, that I obviously didn’t know at the time, and I’m still not at the point where I could make it happen.” She paused. “Although maybe a little more though, since the Wizard taught me a few tricks while I was in the coma as well.” She grinned. “Even the remedy for my headaches after spellcasting.”
    “Awesome!” he expressed with a thumbs up. “What is it?”
    “Just four simple words that I have to recite in my mind right before casting any spell. Then I inhale deeply, and say the spell as I’m exhaling. Voila! No impending headache.” She threw her hands wide apart as she asked, “it had to be something as simple as that didn’t it!? Gah!”
    He patted her arm in sympathy. “I’m especially glad he taught you that one. Headaches su*ck!”
    Yeah they do! Especially the spellcasting ones. It’s like,” she snapped her finger, “instant migraine afterward!”
    “Ugh!”
    “So who the h*** started that rumor anyway?” she greatly wondered. “Because, as you now know, it was never a rumor, but a fact. So who saw me doing that?”
    He shrugged. “No clue. But I wouldn't worry about it because they obviously didn’t see you do any magic or the rumor would’ve been about you being a witch rather than you simply eating gemstones…”
    “True,” she bobbed her head, but she still couldn’t help wondering. It kind of frightened her that someone might have possibly seen her practicing magic in - what she thought was - the privacy of the graveyard. However, he was right; she just couldn’t worry about it.

51115431632_921b496d3b_c.jpg

“So your sword fighting,” he went on. “What made you get into that? Did you ever turn your swords into elemental ones?” he winked.
    “No,” she chuckled, “but I sure tried! Mostly I got into it because it always appealed to me, and it was a way to make me look more like a normal girl...same with learning to play the flute.”
    “I see. You really do have some epic sword fighting skills!”
    “Oh really?” she threw out a smirk. “Cause you didn’t seem to think so when I kicked your butt during that duel we had near the entrance to the cave.”
    “Hey! My pride was hurt. Especially right there in front of Sam. It wasn’t the time to admit how righteously better you were at it than me.”
    She playfully rolled her eyes.

“You should really get a load of your hair right now,” he grinned. “It changed right after you got struck.”
    “What?” she asked, pulling a clump of it over her shoulder to study. She gasped, then studied the other side. “Oh my gosh it looks like it’s greying!” For a moment she feared this is how her new “magical hair color” would be for a while.
    “Guess you’re graduating into that old, scraggly witch look; with moles on the nose and everything,” he joked.
    “Shut up you!” she swatted at his arm, looking at her hair again. “Ugh, this is awful. I look like I have a skunk on my head!”
    He laughed. “Skunks aren’t purple…”
    “True, but,” she purposely paused. “I’m kinda tired of my hair even being purple to be honest. It’s time for a change...”
    Sebastian studied her questionably, especially due to the mysterious smirk that appeared on her face.

She kept the smirk before closing her eyes, breathing in deeply, and then whispering a spell as she twirled her fingers above her head. Sebastian’s eyes widened at the sparkles that came out of them and showered over her, turning every strand of hair into a rich blue on their way down. It was mesmerizing!

She lowered her arm and opened her eyes, giving him a beaming smile.

51115431652_96a2d80b9b_c.jpg

“WOW!” he gasped. “You’re a bada$$ witch Abby!”
    “Thank you,” she blushed. “The Wizard taught me a universal spell that does what my mind wishes for it to do, but only with very simple things. I wasn’t completely sure if it would change my hair color, but I’m so excited it did! It’s pretty rad!” she squeaked.
    “I’ll say!” he grinned. “It’s a great color on you. You look gorgeous!”

He couldn’t help leaning in while giving her those same, dreamy eyes he had before and pressing his lips upon hers. She expressed a tiny, “Mmm,” as she kissed him back. He was too sweet.

“Now I wanna see what your hair looks like in pink!” he smirked, knowing she very much disliked the color.
    “No freaking way!” she responded as they both laughed.

Then came a light knock on the door.

“Come in,” Abigail called.

Harvey entered the room wearing a little grin. “Sorry to interrupt you two. Sebastian,” he addressed, “I’d like a few minutes alone with Abby now if that’s alright?”

51115431662_750725a674_c.jpg

Sebastian shot a quick glance at Abigail as if to ask her if she was okay with him leaving because no doubt the Doctor was going to have questions and he wasn’t sure if she needed his support.
    Abigail’s eyes expressed her appreciation, but she gave him a dismissing nod, letting him know she could handle it on her own.
    He acknowledged, then turned and nodded at Harvey, before getting up from the chair and leaving the room. When he closed the door behind him, he stayed near it to listen just in case. He was her protector now, and ever would be.

Abigail could feel her brow start to perspire as Harvey approached her. She glanced down at her hands in nervousness, knowing he was going to want some details on what happened and she wasn’t sure exactly how she was going to respond to it.

Then she realized that her hair color looked completely different then when he was last in. Cr*ap…

51115998756_6850d10c28_c.jpg

Harvey didn’t seem to notice because he was too busy going over her blood test results again on a piece of paper before stopping before her.

“I take it you’re gonna give me the once over before allowing me to go?” she asked. It was to be expected; and maybe she was hoping that voicing it would encourage him to do just that and forget about asking any questions.
    “No I don’t think that’s necessary,” he replied, tucking the paper into his sweater pocket. “Your vital signs have been good this entire time. You look good,” he lowered his head to study her. “I can see a little more color in your cheeks.” He smiled.
    She cracked a smile in return.

Wasn’t her hair lighter earlier? he thought, then quickly shook his head, not even wanting to think about possibly losing his mind at his young age. Perhaps I need some new glasses when we get back home. Anyway...

“Also the blood sample we took didn’t reveal anything abnormal,” he informed.

51116793640_4305449798_c.jpg

“Well that’s good, right?”
    “It is...,” he replied in a restrained manner, sitting himself down in the chair before continuing, “but it has me a little puzzled because you were in a coma and after examining you I found no signs of trauma, which meant it had to be the result of something internal so that’s why I took a blood sample to dig deeper. Now that that’s come back normal,” he paused, “I’m not sure what to make of all this.”
    “Maybe it’s a miracle,” she simply said with a shrug, still not fully meeting his gaze.
    “Maybe…” He chewed at his bottom lip while scrutinizing her, knowing there was something she was not telling him. He sensed that from Sebastian earlier too.

“Let’s talk about what happened,” he started, positioning himself more comfortably in the chair. “Or rather what is the last thing you remember happening before you passed out?”

51115750629_ca3aa58c98_c.jpg

Abigail could feel her pulse racing, no doubt Harvey could see it pumping at the base of her neck. The man was no dummy; she knew he could sense that she wasn’t being very forthcoming. She debated within herself, trying desperately to not look nervous and keep herself composed. However Harvey could see the internal conflict written all over her face. It’s not like he hadn’t seen it in other patients before.
    “I just want to make sure you’re alright Abby,” he said, placing a caring hand on her arm. “This has been a trying time for all of us lately, having not returned home yet, and wrestling with the unknown about this quest. We all cope in different ways and I want you to know that...there’s no judgement here. That ‘doctor-patient confidentiality’ still applies in this world as much as it does back home,” he winked.
    That got her to crack a smile. “I haven't been dabbing in foreign 'substances' if that's what you’re getting at,” she said.
    He shrugged. “I’m not sure what I’m getting at. I just know that something happened to you that put you in a coma and I have no physical explanation for it when there should be.”

51115431737_d1e6227824_c.jpg

His eyes implored her to reveal what happened.

Abigail found herself batting her eyelids to hold back the tears. She wasn’t sure if she was ready for this; to tell another. Harvey always seemed to be a very kind and compassionate person, not one that angers easily or takes sides. The well being of every person in town back home was always his top priority, even over his own well being. Everyone could see that; most everyone praised him for it. Perhaps that’s why he was so quickly accepted when Doctor Harris retired. So knowing that, and learning even more about him as a person since landing in this world, she had no reason to believe she couldn’t trust him with her secret. Why then, was it still so hard to reveal?

Sebastian handled it well, surely he will too, she tried to convince herself, not realizing her breath was developing into rapid gasps.
    “It’s okay,” Harvey soothed. “You can tell me.”
    She shook her head. “You wouldn’t believe it,” she said to test him.
    He gave her a firm look. “Try me.”

Closing her eyes now, she valiantly took that leap of faith. “Something from the magical barrier came down and struck me, like a bolt of lightning.”
    His brow furrowed. “How did that happen?”
    “Because...I fired at it.”
    “Fired at it with what?”
    She swallowed as her eyes met his. “...with magic. I possess magic.”

Harvey’s eyes widened, pushing his eyebrows above his glasses, as his mind worked to process that revelation.

51115750659_c5bff402c3_c.jpg

“I can show you if you want me to,” she asked, not knowing what else to say.

His eyes finally blinked. “Uh...sure.” He was genuinely curious.

Abigail conjured up a ball of light in her hand, causing Harvey to gape in awe. With just a flick of her wrist it turned into a ball of fire, then a ball of ice, then she clasped her fingers over it, making it disappear.

Instinctively, the Doctor grabbed her hand to examine it, which made her chuckle.
    “It’s okay Harvey,” she assured. “It doesn’t hurt or leave a mark on me.”
    “That’s incredible!” he gasped, at a loss for words for a second. “That would certainly explain why there wasn’t a mark on you after you got struck.”
    “Wellll...sort of. It’s kinda hard to explain all the Wizard told me about it, but apparently I possess some internal healing properties from being a witch.”

51116793725_9bb5f477a3_c.jpg

Harvey wasn’t sure if he exactly liked that term to describe her, but what she said fascinated him nonetheless. “Might this explain why you never seemed to get sick?”
    She bobbed her head. “I guess it would.”
    “Wow.” He’d forgotten how curious he’d once become - when he first heard about the Wizard - as to how magic and the human body were able to coincide together. So much so, the inner scientist in him exploded with excitement; craving to learn everything about it. However, the last thing he ever wanted was for Abigail to feel like a test subject while in his care. It's possible she held fears of becoming one by revealing herself and never would he allow that to happen.

“How long have you been keeping this to yourself?” he asked her.
    “Eleven years.”
    His eyebrows bounced. “Well you did a pretty da*mn good job at it!” he chortled. “Never would I have pegged you as someone who is a magic bearer. Sorry, I don’t mean that the way it sounds…”
    “I know.”
    “Well tell me all about it,” he happily asked, “so I can better understand my patient.” He winked.
    Abigail smiled and was more than happy to do so.

Sebastian let out a breath of relief on the other side of the door and smiled.

51116793395_036f04408d_c.jpg

Just as Abigail figured, Harvey was just as receptive and accepting of her magical abilities as Sebastian was and she began to regret being so worried about revealing herself all this time. True it was natural for her to be, due to the culture back home, but maybe...this new generation was beginning to feel differently about magic. I mean we did ALL heed the Wizard’s call to come to his tower and go on a quest, she thought. If the others really abhorred magic - and the Wizard - why then did they choose to answer the call? It really made her wonder, and gave her hope that the others wouldn’t shun her either because of her gift.

“Does casting magic strain you in any way?” Harvey asked. “Or do you experience any side effects from it?”
    “Not usually,” she replied. “I would always get these nasty headaches after casting a spell, but the Wizard finally taught me a trick on how to prevent those from happening, so I’m good now.”
    He nodded. “I’m glad. Wish you would’ve told me about the headaches, but I understand.”
    “Yeah, Seb suggested I should, but at the time he didn’t know I possess magic and why I felt like I couldn’t see you about them.” She lowered her eyes for a second. “I was afraid you might throw out a bunch of tests at me because they were so frequent and find out the truth. I’m really surprised my blood didn’t reveal anything.”
    “You and me both!”

51115750354_a4a2454862_c.jpg

Then she gave him a heartfelt smile. “I really appreciate you and Seb being so accepting and kind about this. You have NO idea what a relief it is! I guess I was worrying a whole lot about nothing…”
    “No, you had every reason to worry. I’m just sorry you had to endure it all alone. And that I couldn’t help you in times when you needed my help.”
    “Thanks.” She smiled even brighter. “Now I don’t have to endure it alone.”

The two stood up and hugged.

51115909673_24b0803cee_c.jpg

“Thank you,” Abigail expressed again, giving him a squeeze.
    He patted her back. “If you feel any headaches, nausea, or anything else out of the ordinary this evening please let me know,” he said as they broke their embrace. “But for now I’m giving you the okay to be discharged.”
    She nodded with a chuckle.
    “That being said, I do want you to take it easy this evening. No going anywhere or casting any magic alright?”
    “Yes doctor…,” she playfully groaned.

51115431422_3410c2f573_c.jpg

The two headed for the door and just as Harvey was about to open it for her she stopped him. “Harvey?”
    “Yeah?”
    There was a pause. “Do you think it’d be alright if I told the others the truth about me?” She wasn’t really sure why she asked, mostly knowing the answer, but maybe it was because her soul longed for a little advice from a fatherly figure; someone she looked up to and who’s opinion she valued.

51115998496_7f5ceaf2af_c.jpg

Harvey pondered on that for a moment. “I think only you can answer that question Abby. Ultimately it’s up to whether you feel like that person is ready to know that about you. Confident that they will be accepting of it, however also being prepared for the fact that they might not be.”
    She nodded. That’s pretty much what she’d been thinking, but it felt nice to get some validation on it.
    “We can’t control how others are going to feel and react to something that is unique about us,” he continued, “but we can control how we respond to it, and not allow it to negatively affect our personal growth.”
    She nodded again. “Thank you Harvey.”
    “You’re welcome.” He smiled. “You’re an amazing person Abigail; a born leader. Don’t ever forget that. Never change who you are simply because others choose not to accept you for who you are.”

51115909613_545c2a6142_c.jpg

With a touched heart, she assured him, “Don’t worry...I won’t.”

:star:

An ending song here that I didn't plan on sharing, but for some reason felt like I should. It kind of applies and carries a good message. <3 Enjoy.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Awesome update! <3 I enjoyed reading it when I got home from working.
    I'm happy you kept on with Sebastian and Abigail to answer the questions and of course see the lore from SDV since I don't play the game.
    I'm glad she explained everything to Sebastian and he is so understanding and accepting of it. She doesn't have to hide anymore! That's awesome.
    Sweet hand kiss!
    I'm guess the gemstone is lore :grin::open_mouth:
    So she eats gems, wants to be a dragon, plays the flute, sword fights and is a witch. Sounds like a power ranger in training! :grin:
    Her new blue hair is gorgeous! Wish we could do that in real life so I could be normal for work and funky for home. :heart:
    Harvey...I wondered if he would show up. :smiley:
    haha, such an observant doctor, wondering about her hair being lighter. Duh!
    Tell him! He would be forever trying to figure out what happened to her.
    Yaay, she did. Love that picture of Harvey. He's so much cuter with his 5 oclock shadow look!
    Harvey gave her some awesome advice about telling the others and to not let any negativity affect her.
    I enjoyed the song too! It was a good fit.
    Woo!! Awesome!! So great that Harvey is ok with her magic-using too. Lets hope everyone else is accepting too.
    edited April 2021
    @bekkasan Hey, you were FIRST! :mrgreen:
    Thank you for the sweet comments and compliments. <3 They always fill my heart with joy. :kissing_heart: I'm very glad to hear how much you enjoyed reading it.
    I'm guess the gemstone is lore :grin::open_mouth:
    ^Yes. :p I mentioned it briefly in the first Chapter and it's okay that you don't remember because I wrote that over a year ago! :open_mouth:
    Flashback to Chapter 1 here:
    (Abigail just left the house to find help for Penny)
    When the door closed, all the girls stood in silence except for Hailey who was leaning against the bar picking at a fingernail. “Five pieces of Gold she doesn’t make it back before sundown,” she bet them.
    “HALEY!” they all cried.
    “What!?” she asked, turning towards them. Their face expressions rather surprised her. “Oh c’mon girls, we all know she’s a freak! I bet the first thing she finds is a Graveyard and won’t be able to resist waiting until sundown at the chance to see a ghost, especially one from this mysterious new world.”

Maru folded her arms and shook her head at Haley in displeasure. “I didn’t get the freak vibe from her at all,” she voiced. “She’s worried about Penny just as much as we are and is acting on it. And as I recall you didn’t jump at the chance to venture out there and find help.”
    Emily’s eyebrows rose at the audacity.
    “Whatever,” Haley disregarded, “y’all know I’m right,” and turned around to pick at her nail once more.

The remaining three girls shot glances at each other with pursed lips. They’d certainly heard all the gossip in the past about the strange, young, purple haired daughter to the local store owner and all the odd things she’d been seen doing – nibbling on gemstones as one example – and expressing belief in. They could only hope Abigail would not be tempted by new fascinations and stick to the task at hand.

They may have all resided for years in the same tiny town together, but there was still so much they didn’t know about each other.
    So she eats gems, wants to be a dragon, plays the flute, sword fights and is a witch. Sounds like a power ranger in training! :grin:
    ^Ha ha!!! :joy: And don't forget to add Gamer to that list. :smirk:
    Her new blue hair is gorgeous! Wish we could do that in real life so I could be normal for work and funky for home. :heart:
    ^OMGosh I KNOW, right!? That would be rad! :star: Thanks. :blush:
    Yuuup. The suspense was really killing Harvey. :p And you'd be correct when you said this:
    He would be forever trying to figure out what happened to her.
    Love that picture of Harvey. He's so much cuter with his 5 oclock shadow look!
    ^I had a feeling you would. :smirk::blush:
    I'm glad you liked the song. :grin:

@KevinL5275 Guess you weren't as quick responding this time. :smirk: Just kidding buddy! <3 Hee hee!
    Thank you. :blush:
    Yeah there's so many different personalities amongst the group so it makes you wonder exactly who will be accepting of her as a witch and who won't be... :grey_question:
    @emorrill

This was a good part of the chapter, I'm glad she now told Seb
    and also Havey about her powers, that way they can try to help her if she needs it again.
    You always find these cool poses.
    @Silverofdreams30 Yes. It's very good she let them in the loop for those reasons. ;)
    Thank you. :kissing_heart:
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 Guess you weren't as quick responding this time. :smirk: Just kidding buddy! <3 Hee hee!
    Thank you. :blush:
    Yeah there's so many different personalities amongst the group so it makes you wonder exactly who will be accepting of her as a witch and who won't be... :grey_question:

Nope, not this time, I saw the post at 11pm at night but I needed to go to bed. I responded in the morning. :)

Haley is the one I am most worried about, but I would hope her sister would support her! (or am I confusing Haley/Emily as the sisters? Ooops!)

The old Shane might be fearful of her but I think the new Shane would be ok. I'm only familiar with them thru your story here.
    edited April 2021
    @KevinL5275 Haley and Emily are sisters, yes. :)

Shane and Haley made things right with each other earlier, and Shane was never afraid of her to begin with. :lol: But she sure was afraid of him. :p (It wouldn't seem so the way she approached him a chapter or two back, but that was all power that surfaced due to the love she has for her sister. ;) )
    Now that she's seen how much he's changed and treats her sister well, she isn't afraid of him so much anymore. <3

Nope, not this time, I saw the post at 11pm at night but I needed to go to bed. I responded in the morning. :)
    ^Oh it's all good, I totally get it. My stories are LONG and are probably not ones to get started on late at night if you really wanna pay attention to it. :lol:

:kissing_heart:
    Ok, I messed that up. Haley and Emily are sisters, not Haley and Abigail. So I'm still worried about how Haley would react to Abigail having magic, since they're NOT sisters.

I am also worried about how Shane would react to Abigail's magic, but mostly the old Shane. The new sober Shane would probably be ok with it, like the others.

I wasn't referring to Shane and Haley this time. :)
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Ok, I messed that up. Haley and Emily are sisters, not Haley and Abigail. So I'm still worried about how Haley would react to Abigail having magic, since they're NOT sisters.

I am also worried about how Shane would react to Abigail's magic, but mostly the old Shane. The new sober Shane would probably be ok with it, like the others.

I wasn't referring to Shane and Haley this time. :)

@KevinL5275 I see. Sorry I misunderstood. :p (Gotta love my brain these days...)

Definitely normal to feel concerned about how Haley will react to Abby being a magic bearer. Shane......you might be surprised. :smirk:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top