Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my child wearing this helmet thing?

2...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    I never see inactive kids dressed like that in my game though, so it might have been a glitch. I do hate (HATE yes, hate) how sims that have the robot fan trait (or what is it called) always always always walk around covered in boxes. Might be fun for your own sim but it's a nuisance for inactive sims.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I never see inactive kids dressed like that in my game though, so it might have been a glitch. I do hate (HATE yes, hate) how sims that have the robot fan trait (or what is it called) always always always walk around covered in boxes. Might be fun for your own sim but it's a nuisance for inactive sims.
    (sheepishly hides box cutters and special chemicals that dissolve cardboard behind back) Not fun, you say? :p

Just kidding, I've heard of that one but have only seen it once, on one sim and actually in Oasis. There's probably a better solution out there, but I bet most players suffering from that issue just get the sims into some version of CAS or another and replace the trait, or use MC to do so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    (sheepishly hides box cutters and special chemicals that dissolve cardboard behind back) Not fun, you say? :p

Just kidding, I've heard of that one but have only seen it once, on one sim and actually in Oasis. There's probably a better solution out there, but I bet most players suffering from that issue just get the sims into some version of CAS or another and replace the trait, or use MC to do so.
    Please don't hide those, hand them to me! :D
    One of my heir's sisters had the trait. Her looks were hidden for evermore once he had left the household and started his own life. Whenever I'd see a walking box I knew it was her. I simply changed the trait, that solved it of course. But sigh, EA and overdoing stuff...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Oh gosh... Their joyride outfits, and their outfits when they preside the court - it would be OK if they change out of it as soon as they've finished playing... I use MC anyway to change, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Here are Taïga and Derek joyriding:
    thegreywitches-12-08.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited April 2017
    My kids once aged after joyriding :D

Dorian_718.jpg

(triplets so yeah, all three ;))
    (I like how they all have different helmets btw, including @jillbg 's kids)
    5JZ57S6.png
    I think that the helmets may depend on the child's fave color, like the IF doll given to them.
    I'll check ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't actually mind the outfits that much. What bothers me is that the "royal court" seems to be able to cancel out any action that I try for them. It especially bothers me when I'm trying to gather up the family to go on an outing.

The game where one of the kids constantly held royal court I started leaving them behind and not bothering to direct them to do anything. The rest of the family went to an older sibling's graduation and then out to eat or they went on a picnic (don't remember which of these usual after graduation activities they did) . The royal court kid held royal court and not sure what they did after that. Since I wasn't really playing this kid any more I was about to "totally annihilate" them when I found and installed the mod instead. :)

ETA: I've never had a kid that constantly went on joy rides so have no mod to stop that from happening autonomously.
    edited April 2017
    I did the test!

tumblr_nd35neloJ71rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Éowyn (with the pink/blue (lavender like)/white helmet): favourite colour blue
    Linden (with the red/blue helmet): favourite colour purple
    Finn (with the green/grey helmet): favourite colour coral red

So alas, no connection :disappointed:
    I also took out their IFs.

Voorkeurskleuren_sims_geen%20verband_zpshfpnfkqj.png

I don't see any colour based connection there either?

5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited April 2017
    @JoAnne65 Taïga's favorite color is blue, and Derek's is black... No connection to their pink and blue helmets neither. And their dolls were yellow and dark blue... :|
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    My current bad habit (other then simming too much) is yelling at the plumbot "let the baby SLEEP!" My nanny equipped plumbot is constantly waking up the toddler to play... when said toddler REALLY needs to sleep instead.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    My current bad habit (other then simming too much) is yelling at the plumbot "let the baby SLEEP!" My nanny equipped plumbot is constantly waking up the toddler to play... when said toddler REALLY needs to sleep instead.

Random family oriented+nurturing townies are better nannies than the actual nannies.

yesterday, my family - two YA and two babies - tok a stroll somewhere. Arrived at their location, they put the babies on the ground ( can't do anything else..) and a r1ndom townie picked one of them up and played with him while the parents were karaoke singing.

• newrtynewrty Posts: 25 Member
    i also can't find it in retuner to disabled it. only the royal court, though i have a different mods for that installed as well.... wish there is a mod to disabled autonomous GO FOR A JOY RIDE.
    also disabling talk to object whenever you have the lowest social bar even if you are not with the insane or a fairy.
    edited May 2017
    newrty wrote: »
    i also can't find it in retuner to disabled it. only the royal court, though i have a different mods for that installed as well.... wish there is a mod to disabled autonomous GO FOR A JOY RIDE.
    Okay, let's try this again. Hi, I'm from NRaas. We make Retuner. And yes, the option is there but it may not be where you think it is. When I last checked, I don't think I could find it in the general XML myself but it's on the object menus.

Are you using Retuner's objects menu feature? That's where it shows up for me, anyway.

On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > Retuner > Settings > Show Object Menus > True (is False by default)

On a sofa, loveseat, etc. (you may have to do it for each class of object that allows joyrides) with a child as the active sim,
    NRaas > Retuner > General > Go For a Joy Ride > Autonomous > False

If you aren't getting a Retuner menu on objects after just having set the Object Menus feature on, you may have to save (as), quit, reload, and make the game clock run for a few sim minutes to get them to appear.

Edit: Just checked in-game with a teen as the active sim and the option to adjust is still there on the Object Menu.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Lol, have to quote myself here, because yesterday my sim visited a family in Egypt and the little son of the inhabitant first did the court thing and then, after a while, changed into the joy riding routine. As if to say: "What exactly did you say never happens in your game..?" :D
    5JZ57S6.png
    @newrty- Instead of re-re-editing my previous post, I'm adding a new one. It was still bothering me that everyone is saying there is no mod (besides Retuner) that stops autonomous Joy Rides when I felt sure I had seen one someplace, somewhere along the way.

Found it again, it's TwoFtMama's Autonomous Play on Furniture mod available at The Sims Asylum. It comes in different flavors -- more, less, and no autonomous Joy Rides and Preside Over Royal Court.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor omg! thank you soooo soo much... i happened to be playing again right now, and again, i was trying to look for that mod again, even though i know it won't show up on google search. i tried so many times... until i got in this forum again. i am going to try it now. ill update you. =)
    sorry for many > @newrty said:
    > @igazor omg! thank you soooo soo much... i happened to be playing again right now, and again, i was trying to look for that mod again, even though i know it won't show up on google search. i tried so many times... until i got in this forum again. i am going to try it now. ill update you. =)

ps. my apologies for writing too much "again" lol. was kind of excited. wish there is a edit button for the comment though. lol
    @igazor i just tried the mods. it was the mod that i really needed, i wont be needing the other single mod, royal court (can't remember where i got it) cause the mod is already into two from twoft'smama. thank you so much again! i have been looking for this for a long time. wish i have re-checked this forum sooner. =D
    again, thank you so much.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    There's another issue. Those goggles and helmet are tied to the everyday outfit they wore on their first joy ride (and saved as special outfit). Which means even after a complete makeover they'll revert to their old clothes once they go for another joy ride.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    igazor wrote: »
    newrty wrote: »
    Okay, let's try this again. Hi, I'm from NRaas. We make Retuner. And yes, the option is there but it may not be where you think it is. When I last checked, I don't think I could find it in the general XML myself but it's on the object menus.

Are you using Retuner's objects menu feature? That's where it shows up for me, anyway.

On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > Retuner > Settings > Show Object Menus > True (is False by default)

On a sofa, loveseat, etc. (you may have to do it for each class of object that allows joyrides) with a child as the active sim,
    NRaas > Retuner > General > Go For a Joy Ride > Autonomous > False

If you aren't getting a Retuner menu on objects after just having set the Object Menus feature on, you may have to save (as), quit, reload, and make the game clock run for a few sim minutes to get them to appear.

Edit: Just checked in-game with a teen as the active sim and the option to adjust is still there on the Object Menu.

hi, its been a long time, im back on playing, and tried to find my lost email and password, upon going back to the game, i still recall how to use some mods, and sadly forgot about what i even downloaded, but retuner is still the best, i just explored more on retuner, upon playing again, I LOVE THIS MOD. thank you for the advice. :)
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2017, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top