Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I disable supernatural?

I just bought supernatural, but I don't want zombies and other supernatural stuff in my realistic saves. I tried sims game selector, but it didn't work because when I opened it all the pack options were greyed out. Is there another way to turn off specific packs? I'm playing on steam if that makes any difference.

I also tried playing with the pack just to see if it would be intrusive, and on the first night I had a full moon and 4 zombies on my lot so I had to quit without saving.

Comments

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    You can set the moon to any other phase so they wont spawn, and also in the options there is a way to stop other supernaturals.
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited April 2021
    If you go into your options, you'll have an "Advanced Demographics" tab that allows you to allow/disallow certain sim types:

gNGGc3t.png

Also, your lunar phase is in Options under the Seasons tab. You can set your lunar phase to a fixed, non-full phase to avoid full moon shenanigans.

I'm pretty sure this will apply across ALL saves though. I don't know away to enable/disable supernatural sims on a town-by-town basis without mods.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I used this when I had Supernatural installed. This mod with the selections unchecked as posted by vexingquery should do it. Unfortunately sim game selector does not work with Steam. :cry:

https://modthesims.info/d/486695/no-more-zombies-generated-at-full-moon-2-flavors.html
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I have found that some options, and I don't know which ones, are save (or maybe world) specific. So I always check my options if it's important to me. I've noticed this because most of my saves have multiple worlds in them and I sometimes wonder why things are happening that I thought I'd turned off but when I travel to a different world in the same save they are on again. But revert to being turned off when my sims return to the original world.

Disabling all of the occult types will stop the game turning your townies into supernaturals, but if you already have supernaturals in that world it is possible some of them might turn others to their occult state. I have had this happen only once that I know of, and it was in Moonlight Falls which is the world that came with Supernatural. One of my sims got turned into a vampire when I changed households for a short time. I cured her easily enough, so it wasn't a huge problem but it did make me wonder how it happened. I finally worked out one of the vampires that came with the world must have done it to her. If it had happened to a townie that I wasn't playing at all then I probably would have never noticed.

I don't tend to worry about the zombies so haven't changed the phase of the moon but that is the only way I know of that will keep zombies away. They only arrive when it's a full moon.

I hope you are able to find a solution that suits you.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2021
    @SeashoreLivia,
    Disabling Supernatural is easy. Just shut off all of the occults in the story progression options and set the lunar cycle to a single phase besides the full moon, or disable Supernatural entirely via the game launcher every single time you plan on playing with one of your realistic saves. If you choose the latter option, you won’t be able to use any supernatural content in those saves, and some of it is stuff that pretty much does exist in the real world. I’m guessing The Steam version also includes the game launcher? Please let me know if I’m wrong. I’ve never played the Steam version of the Sims 3

Keep in mind through you won’t be able to disable certain occults that come with other expansion packs, such as the mermaids and aliens without the use of mods. That said, those creatures don’t seem to reproduce much even when story progression is on.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
    @Damienf519 The beauty of Steam is you don't have to use the launcher. You can, but you don't have to. It's still on the 1.67 patch so you can boot from the TS3W.exe file, which 1.69 took away.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Thanks for all the tips!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @SeashoreLivia,
    You’re welcome. Glad we could help
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Oh my gosh @ZeeGee thank you for sharing that mod that I forgot existed! :grin::kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've been using my own version of a pack selector with my Steam install: I delete the registry entries for the packs I don't want loading. (The pack selector does the same thing, but it doesn't recognize the Steam registry entries; that's where I got the idea.) I saved the two relevant sections of the registry before I ever did this, and when I want my packs to load again, I restore those sections, which is as simple as double-clicking a couple of files I have sitting in Documents.

I did not save the entire registry, I mean I did but I don't restore it, since that would revert any changes made for other apps as well. And I wouldn't recommend this for someone who's not comfortable with the possibility of breaking stuff. But it is a lot easier than constantly uninstalling and reinstalling the packs, which would involve cleaning the registry anyway.
    @puzzlezaddict Are you on Windows 10? Just wondering because I used that method for awhile but then it changed. Every time I restarted my computer it restored the registry edits. :rage: So I just haven't purchased Supernatural on Steam cause I can't disable it.

And also that is a great suggestion about only backing up those files instead of the whole registry. Never thought of that!
  • YourHero029YourHero029 Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks this helped me, but is there w way of removing existing supernatural or transforming them back. I just want the content, im fine with witches and vampires but the rest can go
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Thanks this helped me, but is there w way of removing existing supernatural or transforming them back. I just want the content, im fine with witches and vampires but the rest can go

There are several ways to remove the occult type from your sims.

In the game you can get an elixir to cure them. I'm not sure if it has to be a Potent Cure Elixir or if a Cure Elixir will do. Often the Potent version of elixirs is needed to make the effects permanent.

Or, if you have Master Controller, I think you also need the MC Cheats module, you can choose 'Intermediate | Occult Remove' and then choose whichever Occult states are marked at True.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Just unclick them in the options menu.