Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does camera jump up and down by a floor on some houses not others?

So on some houses (but not on others), whether it's in build mode or live mode, the camera when it gets to it seems one of the outside walls of the house, the camera will jump up a whole floor then down again as you move over it. If you move the camera just enough to be over the wall, you jump up a floor's distance and sty there until you rotate or move the camera.

Some houses it does things like this, others it does not. Is there a way to have this no longer happen? (Live mode is the biggest issue not so much a concern about it during build mode). Anyone know what causes this that can be avoided?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I do not know how to avoid it, but I certainly has some camera problems recently. It wasn't that jumpy before. But I was thinking it's just my issue. Interesting to know others have this problem as well.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I always thought it had to do with houses on foundations and 2-story or higher buildings. I have it happen all the time, unless I'm playing in a single floor house with no foundation. It used to do the same thing in TS3, only I think it actually might have been worse.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2021
    Houses with more than 1 floor, the camera is jumping to the top grid you can only see when in build mode. As soon as your camera pans to one of the grid's edges, it jumps to that floor. It basically acts like you're manually selecting the floors with those arrows. I'm not sure it's supposed to do that.

Foundations basically add a floor, as they take one underground floor away(limitation: You can't raise the height of the house and keep all the basement floors at the same time)
  • ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    Thank you for the replies.

When I created a new mini house on the same lot, even after destroying the house (but not the lot), I get the same "raise up camera" issue on the external house walls even with no foundation.

But as soon as I "bulldoze" the entire lot after saving the individual rooms and rebuild the house from scratch with copy/paste of the rooms, the issue is no longer present. Definitely a bug of sorts it seems.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've been getting a lot of jumping on a one-story house provided by Maxis in Mount Komorebi. Maybe I'll try saving it to the gallery, deleting it, and replacing it to see what happens.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    It happens to me every time, and it's incredibly annoying---this is a glitch that Maxis should've fixed eons ago.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have a house in Windenberg that is difficult to play because of this. It is next to a raised area and keeps jumping there instead of inside the house.
  • Smallfries535Smallfries535 Posts: 2 New Member
    This happens to me all the time.. I think it has something to do with large trees within the lot or even if there is a large hill or tree in the world close to the lot I'm building or playing in. The camera with jump up and down from the height of whatever is around instead of staying level with the floor I'm playing or building on. This is my first comment so I hope I'm in the right place and doing it right😳
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I have this problem with houses higher than two or three stories. Did not bode well for my lighthouse build...
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    There actually is an open bug report on this issue at AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Camera-bouncing-uncontrollably/m-p/6675969#M59298

I clicked "me too" and posted in it back in 2018. Page 2 of the thread suggests edits to the camera.ini file but I never tried them. I'm just not very comfortable with editing game files. Just wanted to share report link in case anyone wants to click "me too" or post in it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I clicked "Me Too" and I also changed the camera .ini file to see if that helps.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited April 2021
    yes extremely annoying.

i wanted to build tall house in hidden grotto lot but I had to bulldoze it and build one storey mini house instead because there was absolutely zero angles i could see inside the house to play in it due to camera jumps

mostly its because there is some tall terrain though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Chicklet453681 I would be interested in knowing if you find the edits to the camera.ini file helps. Hope you'll let us know.