Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That moment when you forgot its a bug and the game truly terrifies you!

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So I have new AMD 6800XT video card I managed to grab from a local indie PC shop and because it hasn't been widely adopted (high price and low availability) it takes longer for bugs to get reported back to Maxis and AMD (since fewer people are using it).

Its now widely reported mirrors aren't functioning correctly in the Sims 4 with AMD big navi cards (such as 6800's) and show the reverse side of the mirror (in their reflection) rather than whats directly facing the mirror as it should. Hopefully the Sims team gets it patched or AMD does in a driver update...my solution has been to removing most mirrors from homes as its annoying to see reflections from the outside in.

Anyway I recently moved my sims to Strangeville and legit had "a what the plum moment" honestly freaking me out when I glanced passed my sim and saw well...

SJAKTna.png

and for reference, where he is actually standing though it took me a minute to put 2 and 2 together lol (in case its not clear how this bug works lol...)

39HMfcr.png

Just wanted to share my moment of terror.

Comments

• Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    That's funny. It looks like your sim has a magic mirror on the wall. Maybe she's the fairest of them all. :D
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    I apologize, but I had to laugh when I saw the first picture :joy: Creepy but oh, lol :joy:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited April 2021
    I apologize, but I had to laugh when I saw the first picture :joy: Creepy but oh, lol :joy:

Ya I laugh now seeing it, but during that moment of gameplay it totally freaked me since it was so unexpected and that expression...just ya...lol
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Your game graphics are *chef's kiss* perfection.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Ya I laugh now seeing it, but during that moment of gameplay it totally freaked me since it was so unexpected and that expression...just ya...lol

Yea, those eyes are creepy. Totally agree with that. I don't play Strangerville because of those eyes.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yup, kinda scared me too. :D Nice graphics btw.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Oh my goodness. I started giggling, and what we are watching isn't funny, so I got a weird look.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member

It’s Zoltar!! 😂

0-B24-EF06-A6-DA-41-CD-86-BD-7-C19-AC7-E3-D48.jpg

Quick! Make a WISH!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    It’s Zoltar!! 😂

Quick! Make a WISH!

I'm already Big... so I'll wish for money.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    That was a great funny movie. :D
    It’s Zoltar!! 😂

Quick! Make a WISH!

OMG!!! lol
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Whoah, that is seriously freaky!!
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well, I can't say I blame him really, although...peering through the mirror like that through some weird quantum physics is beyond creepy XD.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,953 Member
    edited April 2021
    bruh spooped the heck out of me too

even more spoopy when he says the tag line "welcome to neighborhood"

yup. we moving. this house cursed.
    ghosts in the attic don't even need to come out to terrorize my dumb family this is enough we leaving. :lol:

I have enough phobia of people showing up to my door uninvited but even showing up to bathroom mirrors when i dont answer the door :scream:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @TOLKIEN OMG, this is one of those posts that makes one almost spew "drink of choice, at the moment" on the monitor, lol. @CAPTAIN_NXR7 's post about Zoltar certainly compounded the issue :) My first thought was that your sim looks to have conjured a genie from a mirror, rather than a lamp.

Congrats on the new card...I think :)
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,340 Member
    :fearful::joy: Wow! @TOLKIEN That would totally freak me out as well! His expression is just too perfect too. :joy::joy:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Oh my god. This is golden forums content. Someone make this a meme :D
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited August 2021
    So originally when I posted this, it was very haha look at this creepy picture caused by a bug I expected to see fixed since its pretty straight forward. However Maxis has not fixed or addressed it and it now been months! Despite 30+ posts and people across the internet, reddit ect confirming it effects ALL new AMD gpu models.

Now I feel I should bring it to the attention of other simmers that if you plan to buy ANY new AMD 6000 gpu card model (be it the cheap budget model or high end or anything in-between) in the coming months or years - YOU will have this issue too as it effects ALL mirrors 100% of the time with anybody running new AMD gpu's.

That means that unless you plan only to buy old gpu in the future, that until Maxis fixes this - it will effect you too.

I have contacted AMD and they replied its a developer issue (as they deal with performance or incompatibility fixes) - meaning Maxis needs to patch a fix.

Which basically means, you will never want to place mirrors in your game again - because they literally don't work properly 100% of the time.

What confuses me is how easy this bug should be to fix since it effects ALL new AMD 6000 and future gpus. Its not like they have to try to replicate it, its a literal visual bug that is 100% present all the time if you use a new AMD card.