Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I'm thinking of buying...

Strangerville
Eco lifestyle
Island Living
Realm of Magic
Other packs I'm sort of interested in but not sure if I'll enjoy them are; Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Paranormal, Movie Hangout. Also with Eco Lifestyle is the fart thing excessive? Cause I like to play with full autonomy on!

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The fart thing in EL? I may be missing something. The only fart thing i am aware in my game (and i like it) is after eating beans in Outdoor Retreat.

It's hard to advise in any of the packs you mentioned because they all are amongst my favourites. All your first choices and Parenthood and Jungle Adventures are very very worth while imo.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Out of your choice I can recommend Island Living, Realm of Magic and Parenthood.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Take Parenthood. 100% worth it. This is good stuff right there. Toddlers make it worth it, trust me. One of the best additions to SIms 4.

Strangerville is alright, but you will probably most likely only do it's content once. But the story is nice.

Island Living is all about that beautiful world of Sulani. If you want really good looking world - this is for you. Everything else is unfortunately and afterthought.

Eco Living adds many gameplay elements that do take getting used to. It is complicated but can be rewarding. Can't argue with that view, can you?

FXpCgUM.png

Realm of Magic is disappointing. If you are into occults take it. Otherwise think several times.

Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat are okay, but are notoriously "do it once and never bother again".
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 2021
    I just want to add my two cents about Movie Hangout! Because I think it's actually a very fun stuff pack. :)

So the Build/Buy and CAS from the game are all very boho-type style. Very busy patterns with a lot of bright colours, pretty unique. I mostly use it to style my teenager rooms and I use it for my outdoor, summer-vibe patio's. For example it comes with a little ottoman which I think is the cutest.

But what I like most is the gameplay that comes with it. So the new gameplay object is a popcorn maker, which is fine. It's a popcorn maker, it does exactly what you'd expect it to do :p. But it also comes with movies that your sims can watch. There's around a dozen different movies you can pick from when clicking your tv, and they are actually pretty wel executed. Your athletic sims might prefer an action movie, your anti-social sims won't like a romantic movie etc etc. Your sims will react to the movies based on their personality, and after watching the movie they will get a special moodlet. They can be happy, sad, inspired, bored or angry depending on whether they had a good time or not.

If you like family play (and I do!) the movies are pretty awesome, because you can pick [watch x movie with...] and have a cute family activity. I prefer it over letting them just watch TV, because that does exactly nothing for them. This is imo a better way to get their fun and socials (if they watch together) up and it actually affects the way they are feeling afterwards. They also won't do it indefinitely, the activity will simply end after a couple sim hours. And afterwards they can discuss the movie with each other.

Unfortunately cinema's aren't a lot type, but I make them anyways. I make a little café/lounge in front and set the lot to coffeeshop. It's a nice location for your sims to go on a date. IDK what your playstyle is, but I welcome any new activity that my sims can go out and do.

All in all I think it's a pretty good stuffpack that is easily incorporated in your gameplay. It's not anything major or GAME-CHANGING but it's just a harmless, fun activity for your sims to do.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I think the best packs for you will depend on your individual play style, but my personal favourites from your options are Paranormal, Parenthood, Movie Hangout, Jungle Adventure, and Island Living.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2021
    The only farting I know of comes from the Parenthood pack when your Sim has low manners. They belch too.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I love the Eco Living pack. It adds so much gameplay and new possibilities as well as cool build stuff. I like the whole idea of the pack and Evergreen Harbor a lot! But I am also very eco-conscious IRL so maybe I am a bit biased.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have to admit I mostly read the comments to see if anyone had an answer to the "fart thing" in Eco Lifestyle. I then did a Google search and found a post on Reddit that claimed "I just started Eco Living (!) and these townies will not stop farting!" and most of the other comments came from players getting very excited about the prospect. So this was time well spent!

To contribute something helpful:
    - I have not noticed any farting in my game and I had EL since release. NAPs can become annoying and I would suggest turning off NPC voting. The world is nice, but should have been bigger. But I love the community spaces, the crafting and the Maker trait, so overall I think it is a good addition
    - StrangerVille comes with a beautiful world. The story is nothing you would want to play constantly, but I have 10+ saves and just played it for the third time recently and had fun with it. The visuals are amazing. CAS and BB are both solid
    - Sulani is a very chill world to take your Sims to vacation and relax, as singles, couples or families. The CAS is very nice, in my opinion. The is not that much new gameplay, but I do really enjoy the beach lots and off-the-grid living in Sulani
    - Realm of Magic is a lovely addition if you want to play Spellcasters
    - And I have to agree with many posters about Parenthood. It is a great addition. And I don't even consider myself to be a family player, but when I do play families, it just adds so much good stuff, interactions between parents and children and the character values. The CAS is not my favourite, but BB is pretty great and I use it all the time
    - I like Jungle Adventure. Selvadorada makes for a more fun holiday than Granite Falls, especially if you prepare the rental lots accordingly
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited April 2021
    I really enjoy everything that comes with Eco Lifestyle. It's my most played world and pack.
    Second is a tie between Seasons/Cats and Dogs/Island Living.

My least played are Strangerville and Realm of Magic
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I use things in outdoor retreat all the time, tents lawn chairs, ice chests, tree stumps and stones you can sit on a put items on. It has an herbalism skill as well as a secret lot. Some of my children sims also collect insects. I also like the tarp if toddlers want to play outside.

Jungle adventure is a pretty jungle world, and the archeology skill is cool, and it comes with a couple of few new plants too, besides exploring the jungle and pyramids, it’s led a nice jungle holiday. You can use Outdoor retreats tents, ice chests and things there too while exploring the jungle.

Sulani is a beautiful world with a lot of things to do... an active conservationist career, an couple of part time rabbit holes and you can even do little errands for people and get paid for them, kind of cute. With the pack you can make sand castles in dirt in any world, use the jet ski’s in any big pool too. You can beach comb for little treasures and collect shells, it has a few new plants, and there are a couple little festivals.there too. As well as swim in the ocean, you can become a mermaid if you want, and it has a half way decent amount of lots.

And if you are looking for lots stangerville has quite a few for a gamepack, and it is a pretty desert world. It does have some nice build items too.

Realm of Magic has some pretty furniture I like, and a nice little forest world you can actually live in.cute wands to use and brooms to ride.

Movie hangout has some cute colorful furniture, lets you watch movies on tv and has a popcorn machine. I like backyard stuff as well.as movie hangout.

If you play a lot with families with children you will want parenthood, if you don’t, cleaning up their messes can be annoying.... lol.

If you like ghosts and seances and want a paranormal career.... paranormal is packed with stuff!

I’ve just started playing Eco lifestyle, and have been spending time setting up for it. But, I guess you either love it or hate it. It has a community space lot where you can set up 4 lots. Comes with candle making and a juice still, and a fabricator machine you can make things at, and a dumpster you can find things in.you can influence beautiful worlds, or smoggy ones, your choice.
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    I would suggest the Eco Living pack. One of the best packs I bought. I like how you can change the entire surroundings. There should be more maps that can change the look ad feel of the world
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I think what you are talking about has to do with parenthood, not eco lifestyle/living or whatever the pack is called XD I think sims with not enough mannersims will do that but i dont know how exccesive it is. Out of the packs you listed i would suggest eco living/lifestyle because it has more activities and i like those.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Strangerville
    Eco lifestyle
    Island Living
    Realm of Magic
    Other packs I'm sort of interested in but not sure if I'll enjoy them are; Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Paranormal, Movie Hangout. Also with Eco Lifestyle is the fart thing excessive? Cause I like to play with full autonomy on!

I love Strangerville, it's a small beautiful and different world, good for storytelling even if you don't focus on the scripted mystery.

Eco I sort of regret. It's not bad, but too much content is based on eco living (surprise!). I want to play other parts of the game, so I hardly use those eco features. Still, BB and CAS are good, and it comes with several new ways to work from home.

Island living - I love the world but I will mainly use it for vacations. I hin it's well made, and I never played the mermaids.

I don't own RoM.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Of the packs you listed, Jungle Adventure is my favourite. Lots to do, sometimes challenging, and when you max out the archaeology skill you have a lucrative income source. Some of the relic combinations can spice your game up a good bit.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    IMHO, I believe any of the packs you've mentioned would be a good buy, depending on your playstyle. Lately there has been a debate raging Occult vs Realism. All the packs you mentioned are sort of explanatory. It's just depends on how you play your game.

There's something in all the packs that I use almost every time I play. I know OR has a not so well liked pack that I use a lot. My sims, non magical, use the herbal remedies, plus you can sell them for a little extra spending cash.

The way I look at packs, other than the B/B, is it going to be replayable or will it fall by the wayside, used only for the decorations. So far, MFP is that pack, I only use the coffee table and end table, which is a very expensive furniture!

I think which ever one you choose, you will be entertained. Happy Simming! :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like Parenthood for the ability to just play as the parents and instruct the children. Once they become adults they may gain bonus traits depending on their upbringing.

However you may tire of the advice chance cards (especially if your sim has many children) and some of the negative bonus traits have been nerfed.

Though they do get whims based on the bonus traits.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2021
    Movie Hangout is awesome. Sims can cuddle, too. EDIT: If you are a story teller, the social is the bomb com. Simder is a silly little movie, advise you to sit down and watch with your sims.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2021
    Strangerville
    Eco lifestyle
    Island Living
    Realm of Magic

What is your gameplay style like?

I'm an occult player. I also play with full autonomy on I just wish we had both smart autonomy and more autonomy in the game.

I don't recall farting being big in Eco Lifestyles and I have all the DLC for the game. If you are talking about making the areas green or industrial being either too simple or some of the community voting being annoying then yes that is true. The Parenting pack if I recall correctly has more added burning and farting added in but I could be recalling things incorrectly.

I personally love Realm of Magic despite it being with zero real consequences for using magic and like every DLC pack, it feels incomplete. They should have consultedEnchantments NYC or Panpipes when making the game I feel. They should have gained inspiration from Supernatural, Charmed and comic books/ graphic novels like (bleep)Blazer with John Constantine, Doctor Strange, Mandrake The Magician, Books of Magic (by Neil Gaiman), Doctor The Midnight Sons. Dr Fate, Zatana... the list goes on. I would have loved to have a saying spells backwards as a curse or a quirk for spellcasters. I love the 3 Sages and don't have a favourite but until I downloaded 2 mods I had the changing of Sages sometimes several times in a life stage for my sims which I found incredibly annoying. I love the custom Sages, familiars and spells for the spellcasters. I love the mod I have from Zulf which allows kids to learn magic. I love the duels my sims get into.

Island Living is fun I just think the mermaids should have been better done. They should have had songs that they could sing to influence different emotions and give other sims buffs. I don't like that they get dehydrated so quickly. In this last update, it seems like I have to keep them either in the bathtub or swimming and really can't take care of other needs efficiently. I love Sultani as a world. I never get bored building in that world.

Strangerville is fun to build in for me but I only did the Strangerville mystery once and didn't feel compelled to solve the mystery again since. I like the Build/buy items in the pack and do use them a lot when building in Oasis Springs and Newcrest. When I do the occasional historic game the Build Buy items are good for doing a wild west style build for both Oasis Springs and Strangerville.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2021
    drakharis wrote: »
    Island Living is fun I just think the mermaids should have been better done. They should have had songs that they could sing to influence different emotions and give other sims buffs. I don't like that they get dehydrated so quickly. In this last update, it seems like I have to keep them either in the bathtub or swimming and really can't take care of other needs efficiently. I love Sultani as a world. I never get bored building in that world.

Cheat the Piper reward trait onto mermaids for this ability (it's the reward trait from completing the Musical aspiration.)
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Island Living is another I'm curious about, but I have questions. I don't want the mermaids at all. A Hawaiian-inspired world with a beach sounds awesome. But like, if I go in and delete all premade mermaids, are there consequences? Will the game keep adding them? Will my Sims constantly have Moodlets to meet a mermaid or something while they're in Sulani? I just don't want to deal with any of that personally.

Also, I love Eco Lifestyle. Might be my second favorite after City Living. But I think you have to have some RL enthusiasm about the environment to get into the gameplay. Some people don't care for it at all.

I also love Strangerville, but I love the desert, mystery, and weirdos. lol