Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who should I play/write about? (story done)

mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
I want to write another story, but for some reason I feel lost who it should be about. Please help me pick by telling who seems most interesting to you :)

1. Lugia and Ilja - magic shop
Lugia has opened a bookstore/bakery in Strangerville with her son. They would like to expand selling some wands and brooms if they can find a way to get them.
L9qzLAT.png

2. Yrjö and Jalo - student life
Jalo is about to start university with his friend Yrjö. Where will the boys apply and how will they do? Jalo has exchanged promise rings with Evie Delgato, will his promise hold?
NrMThvK.png

3. Lyyli and Salim - end of love?
Lyyli is an alien and Salim is a vampire. His uncontrollable hissing has already destroyed his relationship with everyone in the family. I don't think Lyyli is going to watch it much longer.
MpH6vdw.png

4. Secret - guesthouse Sulani
Secret owns a big house and has decided to rent out some rooms. How long will each of the guests stay and what will they bring to the house?
0eUnGmP.png
Post edited by musteni on

Who should I play/write about? (story done) 39 votes

Lugia and Ilja - magic shop
23%
TheSpotted_CDevSims91Glimmer50foxybillytexxx78RedShoe7joRN1414Auroraskieshaisin 9 votes
Yrjö and Jalo - student life
0%
Lyyli and Salim - end of love?
25%
Colorist40cchant86monjr8302ToriexXPandoraXxannaliese39RedDestiny92ScobreSERVERFRAtatselk 10 votes
Secret - guesthouse Sulani
51%
GalacticGalAnnie2008imhappyBloosmoosimgirl1010greydonnKatiardguezfiercephoenix91DoloresGreyNationalPokedexEnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsEvie0602WolfiumQueenofMyshunoKimmerDuvelinaZoeyevesterBookBearLazzial 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I chose the guesthouse because I like large character casts, but the magic shop sounds pretty cool too! :)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, guest house sounds interesting! You could have a comedy chapter one day, and a serious one the next, things would always stay fresh.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the comments and votes! It seems that guesthouse Sulani is leading with 4 votes, but end of love? and magic shop aren't that far behind. Last time I made a poll I ended up writing two of the stories.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I voted for guesthouse Sulani, but all of them would make great stories. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I like the unpredictability of the Sulani guesthouse. Never know who might want to rent a room. Someone trying to escape a painful past? A single pregnant sim disowned by her family but determined to make a good life for her child? A newly divorced sim who relied on her spouse and now needs to make it on her own? So many possibilities.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    You can do many saves in your games and play and write about each one going back and forth between saves. Just use Save as for each game give it a name you'll remember then load the game when you decide to play. It's what I do when I'm not sure what I want to do. I usually play a few saved games going between them to keep myself interested in the game so I don't get burned out on any one game I'm playing. I also do multiple saves when I'm not sure which direction I want a game to go. Do I want Judy with Billie or do I want her with Ted or do I want a "harem" game where she can choose both. THen have 3 separate saves and see what the outcome shall be.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I like your sims. The magic shop seems interesting; but roommates are a lot of fun too.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    They all sound fun! :smile: Salim and Lyyli look interesting, but I think I'd like to see some magic! :star:
  • Options
    Thank you all! I started to write about the guesthouse. Really got some new ideas from this thread how to approach it :) I may do another story later on. @drakharis That's a cool suggestion, but I enjoy having my sims in the same save, so they can interact with each other and the progress made is all there. Sometimes I just have too many characters to pick one for a story :smiley:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I believe you'll have the greatest leeway for gameplay/storytelling in this scenario, as the guests could come and go and you'll never quite know what they'll bring with them to the household. Best of luck! And happy Simming!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    "His uncontrollable hissing has already destroyed his relationship with everyone in the family. " This made me laugh. Poor guy. :smiley:
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The story sort of reminds me of a Beauty & the Beast story.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    You should play and write what you think is best and what your own gut is telling you, not something that feel you should, but don't want to.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    You should play and write what you think is best and what your own gut is telling you, not something that feel you should, but don't want to.

My gut says I want to write about all of them, I left out some options that interest me less. I can only concentrate on one at the time ;)

The guesthouse story is coming along nicely. I found out I already had quite a lot of material for it. So for this part I'll be putting it together, but looking forward to play more of it.
  • Options
    For anyone who might be interested I finished the first part of Guesthouse Tiny Turtle. Not sure yet when I'll write a second part.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    For anyone who might be interested I finished the first part of Guesthouse Tiny Turtle. Not sure yet when I'll write a second part.

That was really good! 👍
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Great start! Please let us know when you update. 🙂

Love the guesthouse name.
  • Options
    @BookBear & @simgirl1010 Thank you! It's always nice to get comments :blush: I could bump this when I get to the next part, but I also have a thread on the forums (which I need to update).
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it. 😊
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    You didn't put it, but you should play a bum. Couch hopping, scraping up dirt to pay back many, many loans... Only the shirt on their back, and charisma to lead their life.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really like the third and fourth stories.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller