March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Know Any Simmers IRL

Comments

• TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Unfortunately nobody. I dont share that kind of information with everybody though. I wish I knew irl some adult people who play the sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes my neices.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    My little sister plays religiously! Funny enough we both pretty much own all the packs the other person doesn't haha.
    I have two friends who play, but only every now and then.
  • Lotus26Lotus26 Posts: 23 Member
    My sister and niece play occasionally. I wish I had friends that played.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Back in 2000, I got my mother and sister both interested in the original Sims. My mother has since passed away but enjoyed her sims until about 6 months before she died. My sister and I have both continued to play and we are totally invested in this series. It's really great having someone who you can go to for advice when the game glitches out, lol. I wish I knew more people who play too.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Nope. Then again, most of my IRL people don't know I'm a Simmer. Maybe lots of them are Secret Simmers!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I never really discussed it with anyone before, but a few years ago I was interviewing someone with my co-worker for a job we had available in our department. They had Sims 3 on their resume for some miner production work. My co-worker pointed it out and said "Cool, I played that game." I then confessed to still playing that and other Sims games, which turned into a brief conversation of the three of us talking about the sims for a bit. That was the only time I discussed Sims irl outside my home.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited April 2021
    My family and co-workers all know I play the Sims 4. I'm always telling them about new features and packs that I'm looking forward to.

I've met people who play the Sims; it comes up in conversation the same way my enjoyment of hiking, animals and other things come up. Plus, my family members will tell me about other relatives or people they know who play. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    My best friend used to play TS2 but didn't play beyond that because her laptop wasn't working and she couldn't afford a new one. She was the only person I knew who played the mobile version though. We'd be out for a night on the town and she'd check in on her sims! However, she did like hearing my stories about TS3 and 4 but she never repaired or bought a new computer and sticks to tablets and phones these days.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I know three simmers that live here in Beachlands and who I am friends with. The first is the daughter of my best friend, she has been playing since sims 3 but I have lent her my sims 2 copies before to give a go and she loved it so much she got her own copies now. The second is a fellow scouts leader, I used to be a scouts leader and the one day I wore my sims shirt to a campout and we got talking, she has been playing since sims 2. The third is a fellow worker, we are friends now, we used to work together, I used to wear my sims shirts and one day she mentioned she plays sims as well, she has been playing since sims 3 :) I have several shirts from the threadless store and have had people come up to me and say something like sul sul or happy simming. I had a few ask me how long I have played and I even had one person who asked my forum name and when I said mcrudd, she said Oh my gosh I use your baby outfits :) That sure made my day <3 I am a true simaholic and show it to the world with all my sims merchandise I order from the threadless store ;)
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    A couple of my friends growing up played it just a little but no one that Ive met has ever played it to the extent that I do.... I wish I did have someone in real life that played as much as me. Honestly, sometimes when people ask me if I play games I am a little embarrassed to say I play the sims.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    When The Sims 1 first came out, it seemed like all of my friends at the time were playing it. But we were all kids. Now all of them have outgrown gaming, and I am the only one who stuck with the game. I think it's rare to find IRL simmers in my age group. But as @Clousinators mentioned above, I am, too, a bit embarrassed to admit to people that I play TS extensively, as it's not a "proper adult" thing to do. So it's possible there are other incognito simmers among the people I know.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    This tweet got me to thinking about how I've been playing the Sims for 20 years and in all that time I've only come upon two other people outside of my household who played the game. Both were preteen children of coworkers.

Does anyone know any devoted Simmers in real life?

I got my best friend into Sims but she doesn't play anymore. We've known each other since October of 2006 and have been best friends ever since.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    My cousin had the sims 3 and the sims 4. He stopped playing it when he said he "beat the game" by having a male sim get to the top of a career, and die as an elder. I told him, that you can't "beat the game" but it's hard to convince him that he can actually continue playing by having the sim get married, have a family along with the job and carry on the family in other generations.
    I think he only had the sims 4 base game though. I gave him my double copies of my sims 3 packs. I had a lot few of those because I would by the compilation sets that had a game that I couldn't get any other way.
    He only plays on console now. I think he has it for Xbox but I'm not sure. I haven't seen him sims 2019.

I have a friend who plays casually. she has the sims 3 and sims 4. I think she has sims 2 also, but that one is difficult to play on newer computers. She went to a game convention one time and got an autograph and a picture from someone who did the baby sound effects for sims 2. Talk about making me envious.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited April 2021
    figglene wrote: »
    I am, too, a bit embarrassed to admit to people that I play TS extensively, as it's not a "proper adult" thing to do.

The only person who has ever said anything snotty about me playing games is my mom, because she thinks of it as a kids thing. I told her it was a hobby and left it at that. But ALL of my friends and family who grew up in the 80's or later play games of some sort. (For reference, I'm 42).
    We grew up with games and now we are all adults and have money to blow on them. And our children are all growing up with them. My youngest son is currently sitting behind me planning a Fallout themed birthday party.

Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    @mcrudd that's fantastic. Looks like I need to purchase some Threadless tees. 😄
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member
    I saw at work today, that one visitor had a plumbob face-mask :) (Black mask with green plumbob )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I saw at work today, that one visitor had a plumbob face-mask :) (Black mask with green plumbob )

OMG I would have spoken to him / her! <3

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone except my sister (who brought me to the Sims). But she no longer plays and we are no longer in contact.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd that's fantastic. Looks like I need to purchase some Threadless tees. 😄

Hahahaha. My two favourite shirts are the three plumbobs and the freezerbunny seasons ones. I wear them almost everyday, My llama head plumbob has lost the top part of it allready from being washed a lot so I wear it as a Pj shirt now. I can only order when they offer free shipping, otherwise the shipping costs more than my actual purchase :o
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    a friend of mine who i met in college is the one who got me into the sims. i had heard of it before but never played until i mentioned it to her and she let me play on her computer. i was instantly hooked and eventually i got my own computer to play on. we’re still friends, but i haven’t seen her in awhile because she lives in a different state than me.

i met a surprising amount of people in college who played sims. i think most of them were more casual players than i am, but it was cool finding other people who enjoyed it. i never hid the fact that i play sims, either, and even if people didn’t play themselves they never really thought it was weird.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have never met anyone who does (or admits they do). I will drop it into conversations in the hope someone will say me too but no one ever does. I would love to have real life simming friends .
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No one has volunteered the information to me on whether they play or not and I have never asked.

I'm wondering if that might be relevant. Are people hesitant to reveal they play The Sims? 🤔 I always find a way to bring it up in conversation hoping to find other players.

I'm embarrassed to admit I play The Sims, being a 49-y-o 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No one has volunteered the information to me on whether they play or not and I have never asked.

I'm wondering if that might be relevant. Are people hesitant to reveal they play The Sims? 🤔 I always find a way to bring it up in conversation hoping to find other players.

It probably is. I was under the impression that everyone plays or has played the sims in one part of their life. Mostly when I hear about people talking about the Sims it's more like admitting a guilty pleasure. Nobody ever goes in depth on their gameplay.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I have one simmer friend who I met at work. She loves TS4 as much as I do.
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Yes, several. But I've been playing since the start at the beginning of 2000, and I've been very active in the community when I was younger.
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife