Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Found What I Need Thanks! Can Delete This) Mods For Get Famous?

LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
edited May 2021 in Gameplay Mods
Hello Simmers,

Since all the sim things are on sell, sans kits, I was thinking of finally getting Get Famous.

However, I was wondering what mods were needed?

What mods do you use for this expansion to make it run and function as it should or better?

I also wish to use one of the mods that makes celebrities stay in Del Sol Valley only, I know there is a few, to whom that use them, for lack of better words (not meant to be rude) but do they keep celebs from ruling the area you sims are in that is not in Del Sol?

Thanks for all the help guys, the sell last until the 20th and I have to decide if this pack is right for my game! :)

(Please only answer if you use mods, I'm already set on using them, I just want opinions or reviews on ones people may use in their games for this pack, thank you again).
Post edited by Lyrie on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't use mods for Get Famous and don't feel the need for it, but i haven't played with it from release. I think that the game was a bit unbalanced back then. I only bought it when it was already kind of nerfed.

Sometimes a celebrity shows up at community lots but it's not disruptive, at least not to my playstyle... But if you want to find celebrities, it's really easy. There's a lot trait that you can add to any community lot that makes that place a hot spot for celebrities.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I don't use mods for Get Famous and don't feel the need for it, but i haven't played with it from release. I think that the game was a bit unbalanced back then. I only bought it when it was already kind of nerfed.

Sometimes a celebrity shows up at community lots but it's not disruptive, at least not to my playstyle... But if you want to find celebrities, it's really easy. There's a lot trait that you can add to any community lot that makes that place a hot spot for celebrities.

Thank you for your input, but I am looking for mods sans the title.

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have a custom lot trait by littlemssam that filters the kind of people you want to allow on certain lots. So I sometimes disallow paparazzi, fans and/or celebrities. I also used to have a mod that would force celebrities to wear their disguise but I found it was not needed anymore. I would also recommand a mod that prevents Played Sims from being used as bouncers because it's quite annoying when grandma supervises the security at the starlight accolades. I'm not on my computer right now but I can try to find the links and post them later.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
    Lyrie wrote: »

Sorry, but i don't answer just based in the titles ​:) in your original post you asked: "What mods do you use for this expansion to make it run and function as it should or better?" And i told you i don't think this pack needs mods to function better...
    But i know Bienchen and Littlemssam have a category in their sites dedicated to Get Famous, if you want to have a look. Their mods are all very good and you can choose which make sense to you.
    edited April 2021

Sorry, but i don't answer just based in the titles ​:) in your original post you asked: "What mods do you use for this expansion to make it run and function as it should or better?" And i told you i don't think this pack needs mods to function better...
    But i know Bienchen and Littlemssam have a category in their sites dedicated to Get Famous, if you want to have a look. Their mods are all very good and you can choose which make sense to you.

Listen... I am not trying to argue here but the point of this thread is to ask for mods only, not opinions on if I need them. In the sentence you quoted, I still ask for mods that helped run it to make it function and be more fun, not if it is functional and fun without mods.

But I will edit my post and make things clearer.

Thank you again for contributing.

@Amandèle Thank you for posting! Links would be great by I will surely look into it :)
    Sorry, just trying to help. Anyway i would have a look at the modders i mentioned. They both have great mods and folders dedicated to GF. Hope you find what you need.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I haven’t tried this mod since I don’t mind seeing celebrities walking around (much), but it looks like it could help:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/gf-celebrities-30592478
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I haven’t tried this mod since I don’t mind seeing celebrities walking around (much), but it looks like it could help:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/gf-celebrities-30592478

Thank you, I’ve was looking for something like this.

Sorry, just trying to help. Anyway i would have a look at the modders i mentioned. They both have great mods and folders dedicated to GF. Hope you find what you need.

It is okay 🙂 thanks again for the help!

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    As far as I'm concerned Get Famous runs just fine. I use a mod to allow for a singer Sim. The drawback being, the only way he's ever been able to earn a Starlight accolade Award was joining the Entertainment Career and one level (might be 4, 5 or 6) his boss will suggest he submit some of his music for consideration. Then you get another popup that he's won the Accolade. No ceremony, no moment of him receiving it at the Award Show. I was happy he was finally recognized, but had I not put him in the Acting Career, prior (I've had to restart this family many times) wherein he won it for acting, I wouldn't have images of him accepting the Award. I keep hoping for a mod to allow for a Music Award Show, but so far, nobody has come forth with it. Oh, well. That mod is Sacrificial's Road to Fame. Presently, it has yet to be updated for the latest patch, however. KawaiiStacie has one called Showtime that's been updated. It's also a good mod.

But as far as the pack needing help to play right, I don't believe it's necessary.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @GalacticGal Thanks for the information on RTF, I used to use it, I can live with it not quite syncing up with the games award show but would be awesome if that was updated too :) I'll wait to put it back once it is updated.

As for it working fine without mods in the game, thanks for your input, but I am using the mods, modders offer for this pack, I trust their creations more than EA and every game is different with bugs and the gamer's preferences on what is annoying or needed, etc. Thanks though :)
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I use mods. I recommend that you look at the Get Famous mods by Bienchen. https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/
    I know that there are others, but I have not used those. I do use other mods by LittleMsSam, but her Get Famous mods are not what I was looking for. However, you may find something from her that suits your gameplay style.
    Monet11 wrote: »

I use mods. I recommend that you look at the Get Famous mods by Bienchen. https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/
    I know that there are others, but I have not used those. I do use other mods by LittleMsSam, but her Get Famous mods are not what I was looking for. However, you may find something from her that suits your gameplay style.

Thank you! 🙂 I think I am all set with all this help ❤️

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    @GalacticGal Thanks for the information on RTF, I used to use it, I can live with it not quite syncing up with the games award show but would be awesome if that was updated too :) I'll wait to put it back once it is updated.

As for it working fine without mods in the game, thanks for your input, but I am using the mods, modders offer for this pack, I trust their creations more than EA and every game is different with bugs and the gamer's preferences on what is annoying or needed, etc. Thanks though :)

Just got word moments ago. Road to Fame is updated! Yay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Just got word moments ago. Road to Fame is updated! Yay.

Yesssss! Thank you for the info!!!! I have also gotten Get famous! 🙂 Loving it so far~
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your new pack @Lyrie !
    @Monet11 Thank you for the kind words and happy simming! :)