Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

any one else have Stupid sims

does anyone ever feel like they have the stupidest sim?! I do Like when mine go to work all he or she want to do when I tell them to do their job is either play on their phone or read or if there hungry they'll make food but won't eat it then complain about being hungry are anyone elses as stupid as mine? :D:p

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yep. Especially with the routing and actions canceling themselves out a lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    They’re all stupid. Even the “smart” ones. Maxis programmed them all that way.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Most of my Sims can autonomously take care of themselves (except eat, because it's bugged right now), but I have some stupid ones who would die quite fast if I didn't guide them through their life.
    I find it hilarious sometimes, it's funny when a Sim wakes up in the morning with a bladder need on red and decides to go watch TV instead of going to the toilet. Then she pees on herself and complains about the pee on the floor.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sees that Brandi VI needs to eat, so clicks on her "eat" need and she proceeds to make herself dinner.
    Puts plate on the counter.
    --crickets--
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yep. Especially with the routing and actions canceling themselves out a lot.

I have to say, the constant action cancelling is starting to get to me. I hope that gets fixed.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited April 2021
    The Sims that I keep, manage to take care of themselves just fine after they learn how to. I have had quite a few Sims that would rather play the violin until they pass out or wet themselves. This group also tends to cancel almost anything that I direct to do in favor of dancing, washing their hands, browsing a book,, or letting their bladder, hunger, or energy go red before they take action. This group never lets Fun or Social go slightly below full. Sims in this group very often become random townies or they're just deleted. I've accumulated a group of Sims that has consistently had good or great AI so I use them for everything.

There is currently a problem with basketball hoops. Sims will stop painting or cooking to run outside and play basketball. That's on Maxis though not the Sims.

My advice - get rid of the stupid ones. Or if you spent a lot of time in CAS perfecting their look make a genetic twin first and then use MCC to copy/paste the original onto the twin. I have had several genetic twins that turned out to be a lot better to play than the original base Sim.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    They have definitely got worse with the last few updates. They don’t eat when they’re hungry without being told to and they rarely go to the bathroom without being told to. They have got so bad at taking care of themselves. Honestly I think it’s partly why I’m taking a break from the game. The autonomy is messed up.

I hope it will improve in the near future.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    I had a sim that kept swimming in winter and nearly freeze to death, I'd get them to go inside, just for them to head straight for the pool again. After doing the same routine 5 times in a row, I let them have their way and they froze.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    Absolutely. Oddly enough, it seems to be mostly my female sims who pull that stupid $#!&.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes, but I namely feel it is 4's systems or bugs rather than anything truly purposeful.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited April 2021
    Honeydew wrote: »
    does anyone ever feel like they have the stupidest sim?! I do Like when mine go to work all he or she want to do when I tell them to do their job is either play on their phone or read or if there hungry they'll make food but won't eat it then complain about being hungry are anyone elses as stupid as mine? :D:p

Yes, sims are just not smart. At all. Also, I seem to get irrationally angry at the male sims I'm playing when they do dumb stuff, but totally relaxed when playing a female sim. Almost like I'm expecting more from the males. In reality they do the exact same things. When I realized this I though "omg, I might be a bit sexist! :o "

That's probably a lot more than anyone needed to know, haha :D

Seriously though, the breaking of animations lately is a bug. My sims have repeatedly stopped in the middle of cooking, eating, painting, writing, doing yoga, etc., to do something else while I have full autonomy on. Combine that with the stairs issue, the cooking, and we have a very broken game atm. :(
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    edited April 2021
    I get frustrated when my hungry Sims, who have a fridge stuffed full of leftovers, choose cereal or peas instead of a proper meal. :s
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Yessss, my sims are dumb. :D Reminds me of my Sim Leander....dude has 19 babies and two more on the way, and a whole lot of them were autonomous. My sims in Sims 3 were especially dumb. I loved them but the fires in World Adventure were liked magents attracting my sims to their death.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    True but these sims are the only thing that makes me feel smarter.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I love my dumb sims though, even though they would rather get a drink at the bar than go pee. I mean, we have all been there amiright?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Some of the bugs related to this have made me consider turning off autonomy so at least there's an excuse when my sim starves to death next to a plate of freshly-cooked food.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have played with autonomy off for years. Makes life peaceful 😌😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have played with autonomy off for years. Makes life peaceful 😌😌

I play with autonomy off plus added 108 no autonomy lines in McTuner, and my sims still manage to do stupid things on occasion. But I agree, it's peace of mind. If the sims manage to slip something stupid in despite the reins I've set up, then I can find it funny, because I'm not bombarded with sillyness all the time.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2021
    So I haven't had a problem getting my sims to eat but I have seen it mentioned a lot so I know it's a problem. It's funny, I use a lot of custom food and food mods. I wonder if they are preventing this bug in my game. :o I usually have the sim I am controlling with autonomy off and leave the rest autonomous.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I recently had a sim die from playing in a thunderstorm. I kept trying to save her, but after the 5th time of me bringing her inside just for her to turn around and go back outside, I finally just let her go. And yep...she dead. I also had one that kept swimming in winter. Poor dude froze to death during his vacation with his family.

I have noticed that they're not reacting to weather events properly. For sure. And beyond that, there are a lot of bugs.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    I don't have the eating problem, or not going to pee ones, but I know I have gigantic Mods folder to thank for that :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I had a sim that kept swimming in winter and nearly freeze to death, I'd get them to go inside, just for them to head straight for the pool again. After doing the same routine 5 times in a row, I let them have their way and they froze.

Build an indoor pool and put a thermostat in it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member

That story has to fall under the heading: You Give Them Everything …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Cloud gazing during a thunderstorm seems to be a favorite choice for some of mine. But I lock the doors so they can't get out. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    It's been a lot more micro-managing but a lot less eye twitching since I turned off their autonomy. Also don't trust the auto-resolve that's suppose to happen when you click on the needs, so often they'd they'd do something like cook a meal then just leave it sitting on the counter. And that I can't really put more than a couple of actions into the queue at a time because they're likely to just dump the whole thing isn't quite eye twitch inducing, but it's definitely getting frustrating.
    The cake is a lie