March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like World kits?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind World kits. o:)

I am still waiting on an Italian-themed world like Monte Vista. :#
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Would you like World kits? 108 votes

Yes
74%
Akl500PMstybl95GalacticGalgrevilliabluePlayerSinger2010imhappydanacnbrettIsb917AuroraBoreallisSageRainWillowelanorbretonsimgirl1010cchant86robyngravesluthienrisingalanmichael1goodcakebaker62catloverplayerToriegreydonn 80 votes
Yes
7%
Bloosmoobarracuda1574Finvolasillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtImSandsjohnjetfiggy 8 votes
Justine Keaton
18%
IceyJJueJueTheSpotted_CBluelleKhrisstynephantasmkissSelinaKylesSigzy05QueenMercyScobreDoodlyDoofusMDianaSimsColton147147dreamprisonerOugonmusoulogionpermanentrosehaisinthatpinkcoconutEternalSunshine 20 votes

Comments

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Yes
    Ya know I would do anything for new worlds so yes for me but Justine Keaton sounds good too it gonna lie for vote for both 👍🏻 😂
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I also love Monte Vista, but I don’t think there’d be anywhere near enough content in a kit for something like that. It’d probably be better off as a game pack. A kit would probably just be the pizza oven.
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I'm still waiting for them to fix all the game breaking bugs.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yes
    I love the idea, but for a kit budget, I'd be more likely to expect a 5 lot empty "neighborhood" (like Glimmberbrook or Forgotten Hollow, but with no new build/buy) rather than something Newcrest-sized.

If they hadn't already stated that they don't plan to use Kits as DLC for DLC (I don't care what others say, I don't have a problem with it) then maybe they could do "add on" neighborhoods for some of the worlds that could use them (cough Del Sol Valley cough) by referencing assets already in the game.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Yes
    That's a kit I would actually buy but only if it wasn't an empty world. I wouldn't be too bothered if it only had 5 lots or so...just not empty.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Yes, an empty world, different from any world we already have.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited April 2021
    Justine Keaton
    Kits seem to be too small for an entire world. The choices at the moment are workout clothes, a kitchen, and vacuuming. Just saying.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    No, Why would I pay for additional worlds when they were free to make in previous versions and in time those worlds will consume more resources (I have plenty of resources on all of my systems so this is not an problem for me) as some were complaining about in Sims 3. For this to happen, it would be kind of shady but then again this is EA/Maxis and they can do what they want with their product but me I will hold on to my money and spend it somewhere else. :|
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I would buy every single world they might come out with.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'd like to say yes, but I don't really want themed mini-worlds. That's probably about all we could get in a kit.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don’t care for new worlds.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes
    Yes most defienly.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited April 2021
    No. I still like them to be included on expansion and game packs. I don't need so many new worlds that they'd have to start selling them on kits too. I'd like the kits to concetrate on new CAS & bb ojects and gameplay.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yes
    Yes and No. Having new locations would be nice, no argument there, but my "YES PELASE!" would be expanded Forgotten Hollow.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yes
    100% yes. Making worlds without new assets isn't really that hard, players could literally do themselves in past games. Worlds aren't the most complicated thing for them to make and probably take up less than a quarter of expansion budget so I see no reason why they couldn't sell worlds separately between 5 and 15 bucks depending on how big they are.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    No, I don't think kits have the budget to make a world that's actually interesting.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Yes
    I think that new worlds are the best direction for Kits. Some people think that their saves are huge enough, some think that current worlds are too small. I totally like the conception of new, empty worlds available to buy as a Kit. I assume that we can not counting on something more attractive that Newcrest, Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, but I'm ok with that.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Yes, but don't get your expections too high. A world at kit budget could be a secret lot like the Grotto, with some special effects and maybe 1-3 new fish or plants (but only if they're feeling generous - remember the kitchen set doesn't even come with new recipes). The entrance would be either in a basegame world or a buyable, freely placeable (maybe even portable?) object and buildable space in the secret world (with cheats only, obviously) would be very small, something like 10x10 grid spaces.

If it was well done and a theme I enjoy, then I'd take this over workout clothes and kitchen furniture anytime.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Yes
    I also think it sounds like fun! But wasn't Monte Vista like 20,- on the Store? So I highly doubt they'll add them for 5 bucks haha.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    No. I don’t support the idea of kits.

—T
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes
    Maybe a new little world, like just a couple of lots, that you can modify yourself, like a little mini Lego kit.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yes
    I'd buy it. Honestly I would pay for software to make my own worlds, though. I'd prefer that.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Yes I 100% want more worlds
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Take my money now!!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Justine Keaton
    I sometimes think I already have too many worlds in my game and I doubt a world in a kit would be interesting enough, so I say no.

I wish new worlds would have something that would make them really unique places and there would be special things to do such as the waterfall in Sulani or winter activities and hiking in Mount Komorebi.