Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you create ancestors ?

2...Next

Comments

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    No
    The closest I've come to giving a Sim ancestors is making a single sim and then creating parents for them so that their future children have grandparents. Creating historical ancestors for a Sim sounds like a neat idea, but personally there's too much unavoidable "modern" aspects of TS4 that I can never get immersed enough in any kind of historical gameplay.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    No
    I don't yet. But it is something I consider doing from time to time, especially with pirates, as my real-life lineage contains an actual pirate.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No graveyards in the game Sims would not remember them so no I don't
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I have an ancestral game save, if that's what you mean. As far as my main save is concerned, I only have the parents and kids. I do make parents for their eventual spouses, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    No
    No, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea I guess??
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I admit I don't. But as I play along Sims become ancestors and the Sims age and get older.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yes, other civilization
    I'm actually playing with "Greek gods"!
    They're just glorified spellcasters with the immortality trait + bonus traits depending on which god/goddess I've created.
    I have MCCC which lets me have siblings/relatives marry each other (they're gods! They technically don't have genetics, HONEST) and so far I have Ouranos + Gaea as the ancestors, most of the Titans (still have work to do), Helios and Selene, the Olympians, their children (eg: Persephone, Despoina, Rhodos, Eros, Harmonia, Enyo, Hebe, Triton, etc.), and a few Neriades/Oreads/other Nymphs.

The Family Tree is definitely a mess. :D
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Yes, from several eras
    In 2, yes for custom neighborhoods. I don't go back to the middle ages, but maybe 2-3 gens back. In 3 and 4 I don't bother unless I'm doing a legacy challenge that goes through different eras, and at that point it's less creating ancestors and more just playing through a family tree.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »

welp good then @Missmagoo2 that means you really do have some proper Greek mythology drama going on there!

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    No
    I get super paranoid about the kids being taken away so I usually avoid having any of them at all. If I do they’re usually raised by a sim outside the active household. I don’t need overly sensitive notifications implying that I’m a horrible monster for not knowing what I’m doing.

Lol

I mean, you’d have to be pretty bad to be getting notifications all the time. Kids are basically short adults and look after themselves in this game.

—T
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yes, other civilization
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »

welp good then @Missmagoo2 that means you really do have some proper Greek mythology drama going on there!

Unfortunately (but also expected), the game/mod glitches and some of the sims lose their place in the family and I have to manually add them back in.
    I have to keep a wiki page up, just in case I forget who's related to whom! :D
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    No
    Hi,

How much do you customize the family tree ? Do you create ancestors ?

If I progress long enough into a family I let the first generations become the Ancestors. I made it to five before my game screwed me up with a sim marrying his cousin's half-sister and the constant fires happening because of a known glitch. I restarted that save and instead of one child, my founders have two: a son and a daughter, so there will be cousins in the next generation. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited April 2021
    I created a generations family with 2 sets of grandparents and a nuclear famiky.

I have also created a grandmother and
    granddaughter, by making the girls parents snd them deleting them. That’s about it.

But nothing like you are talking about.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Not usually, but I’ve started making a 5-generation extended family. When I’ve finished everyone and built a house for the main ones I’m going to play, I might post a screenshot.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4