Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love you Maxis but you are working my last nerve

I don't post that often because I'm happily playing my Sims. I've been here since Sims 1. I have spent TONS of money on this game. I got a new video card, spent a day downloading my game because I reformatted my hard drive. I log into my game, which I haven't been able to play in 6 MONTHS (withdrawal is hell). And it crashes every time I hit the "Play" button. After some researching I go back and look at everything my game has downloaded. It says I own all my games except 1. The Sims 4 Deluxe, which I remember pre-ordering an ETERNITY ago, paying a full, ridiculous price for, and now it's telling me I don't own that game, even though it shows I've played it for thousands of hours. How is it possible to play for years and years a game that I purchased and had downloaded but never owned. I paid like 70, 80 dollars for it when it first came out and digitally downloaded it but don't own it now? Ya'll need to fix this. And I mean now.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Have you contacted EA support?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/
  • Lady_ElurinLady_Elurin Posts: 129 Member
    I'm trying everything I can to fix the problem before I talk to anyone.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I have that issue too and now it says some content wont load in houses because I don't own the expansion pack, but I don't use cc or mods
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm having a similar issue. When I load some of my houses, it says that objects have been replaced. Usually it's the objects from a specific pack, could be a column or windows. Sometimes if I shut down the game and restart then the stuff is there. Sometimes it never comes back, but I still have access to the objects in build mode. It's weird.

I'm sorry that you're having this issue. I hope you are able to get it sorted out. Have you tried restarting your computer? Making sure Origin is up to date? Clicking repair the game?
    edited April 2021
    It's telling me that my EA Play membership has expired and I have to buy the base game again. I pre-paid 69.99 for it when it first came out years ago. Why do I have to buy it again?

What is an EA Play membership?
    Thanks. I have to delete it then download the base game again. I'm not paying to pay when I bought it years ago. Thanks!!!!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    Delete these file, then repair game and see if that helps you out.

51113471220_e06740c029_m.jpg

If that doesn't it could be a broken mod or CC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited April 2021
    Origin updated today, I wonder if that could have anything to do with it? I haven’t been able to play for nearly two and a half weeks now so I haven’t looked to see if I have this problem but it sounds similar to what happened with kits shortly after launch. That was right after an Origin update too.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Lady_Elurin

I am sorry you are having issues this reminds me of when I downloaded the complete series of the S3 version of the game on steam and never thought no more about it until I went to fire up that game instead of Origin to test something out only to find I had no games showing up despite payment showing in paypal. It was eventually resolved but it took a while and I had to send proof of my purchases so i am wondering do you have proof as if so get onto EA customer chat to explain. I have never had an issue with EA if one of my games suddenly disappeared for no reason they simply gave it me back..It sounds like origin suddenly thinks you are a subscription member that has expired so you really need to resolve this by contacting customer service.

@Mstybl95

I have had the same message recently about missing objects and I am thinking what do you mean I own every pack??

@Scobre

Thanks for posting that list of files we can delete as there is one on there I had no idea we could delete. I am in the habit of deleting files soon as I shut the game down which I think started with S3 :)

@Pamtastic72

You haven't been able to play for 2 weeks??? I know I have had recent issues with the gallery but not origin itself thankfully..
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I had to take out a very expensive video card because the game just wouldn't work with it. There''s a good chance it's not your computer, not mods, not the fault of the makers of the card---it's The Sims 4 that has compatibility issues. I just play with substandard graphics now.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    I just bought an expensive video card because my old one died. I hope I don't have to replace it with another cheap one. My other games look amazing with it. I haven't played my Sims in 6 months and I've been patient. I'm never patient - just ask my husband. But I want to play my game!!!
    edited April 2021
    Scobre wrote: »

I will try this. I'm repairing my game now. But I'll remove those files and repair it again. Thanks for the help, guys. You guys are awesome!!
    Just looked. I don't have any of these in my files.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I will try this. I'm repairing my game now. But I'll remove those files and repair it again. Thanks for the help, guys. You guys are awesome!!
    SimGuruNick honestly helped me a lot of figuring out which ones are ok to delete or not. So always nice to pass on the information to others.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited April 2021
    My game sometimes says I have objects missing from houses too, but I have never really noticed objects missing. I play a big rotation, so I can’t always remember what objects are there. I was having a problem moving furniture in one of the houses I made a long time ago..... not sure why when the spots looked open and clear. I tried to delete the walls, but I wasn’t able to make them diagonal again..... I just figured I would put that family in a new house later. Oh, and I have all the packs too, including the kits, and I don’t use CC or mods.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there @Lady_Elurin and everyone else who has this issue, if all the great suggestions these lovely people have shared don't solve your problem, may I suggest that you hop over to Answers HQ and post your issue there? Since that's our support platform, you may be able to get some more help there. :)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Lady_Elurin

I am sorry you are having issues this reminds me of when I downloaded the complete series of the S3 version of the game on steam and never thought no more about it until I went to fire up that game instead of Origin to test something out only to find I had no games showing up despite payment showing in paypal. It was eventually resolved but it took a while and I had to send proof of my purchases so i am wondering do you have proof as if so get onto EA customer chat to explain. I have never had an issue with EA if one of my games suddenly disappeared for no reason they simply gave it me back..It sounds like origin suddenly thinks you are a subscription member that has expired so you really need to resolve this by contacting customer service.

@Mstybl95

I have had the same message recently about missing objects and I am thinking what do you mean I own every pack??

@Scobre

Thanks for posting that list of files we can delete as there is one on there I had no idea we could delete. I am in the habit of deleting files soon as I shut the game down which I think started with S3 :)

@Pamtastic72

You haven't been able to play for 2 weeks??? I know I have had recent issues with the gallery but not origin itself thankfully..

Oh, lol! @SPARKY1922 My inability to play isn’t due to Origin. It’s due to a massive spring cleaning project I am doing. I just don’t have time right now. But I am suffering terrible withdrawals. I can’t wait until I am done with everything!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Pamtastic72

Oh apologies lol mmm i can see the hard choice between spring cleaning and playing sims hahaha I hope you are able to get back to your game soon :)