Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Cohesive World

I noticed that when I play, I basically stay to the same 3 neighborhoods, Willow Creek, San Myshuno, and Sulani. I'd like to make a cohesive world where I can play everywhere and kind of force myself to use the rest of the worlds. I mostly have the other worlds filled with random types of lots that I end up not using and houses that I never even see.

Anyone interested in helping me think up some lot types and different things I can put in these neighborhoods that would get me out of my comfort zone? I made maps for each world and I have some things that are already predetermined lots. What else can I put in these neighborhoods? I always hate having gyms in every world because it seems like a waste of space. How about vacation type things? Help

vxPQMbN.jpg

cOlW0UP.jpg

uyGOaHx.jpg

WtasL4e.jpg

QJV5JjS.jpg

ZcfDTML.jpg

oRd4akW.jpg

UBdi7Q6.jpg

WXcnWBF.jpg

3y8vm0k.jpg

w2pRkGo.jpg

3tqvW5k.jpg

bP23CsT.jpg

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    Oasis Springs should have a pool. I say this so definitively because that place gets HOT in the summer and it has no pools anywhere because no pools in base game at launch.

Other ideas:
    A board game cafe
    An outdoor theater
    You could have libraries and museums that are designated that way by default but set up to be art centers/schools or commercial office work spaces, or like an Internet cafe or a city hall.

A roller rink
    A bowling alley (maybe some sort of Rec center)

A community center/shelter/motel that provides free beds and showers (for if you ever do a Rags to Riches challenge)

Community garden (which could even be like, you could have an orchard on one lot and just a flower garden on another - depends on how much you and your Sims like gardening)

A wedding venue (which could either be a religious building or a city hall or community center type building)

Restaurants if you have dine out

Spas using combo SE and SD

I’ll come back if I think of more.

ETA: not sure how your Elementary school operates but you could do a building (perhaps another school or this same one) where it’s set up with skill building for children and teens like a tutoring center or somewhere to go after school or on the weekends.

A music academy for learning the music related skills (and possibly dancing).

If you have fitness stuff you can do a gym specifically with a rock climbing wall area.

Perhaps Magnolia Promenade could have bars/restaurants.

DSV could have a nightclub or lounge.

Some form of retail like an electronics store or furniture store or a toy store.

Some sort of factory for skill building the handiness/woodworking skill and doing the Eco Lifestyle crafting stuff.

Vacation activity ideas is very tough for me to think of. Sulani can have the water activity stuff. When I have gone on vacation IRL, I go to restaurants and shop and go to historical sites or natural sites or museums or large shows at venues. I’m not really sure how to translate that into gameplay. I suppose you could add national parks and have activities for like the wellness skill, or pools that look like lakes/ponds, ways to obtain certain harvestables, etc.

Oh, maybe some sort of amphitheater or stage location for musical performances.

Maybe some sort of social club with the intention for Sims to gain Charisma skill.

(Basically I like to think of all of the skills that Sims can gain and how that can translate into gaining those skills on a community lot, that way you can make use of different kinds of community lots that also help your Sims, and you don’t have to fill their houses with all kinds of objects specifically for the skill).

Some sort of science museum for the rocket, for example, would be more fun to me than having a rocket on a residential lot.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @NationalPokedex - wow! Thanks for all of these ideas. I never even considered some of them. The board game cafe...what a great place that would be to take my families. A rock climbing gym for my super athletes or just for a night of hanging out...these are really awesome ideas!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Those are great ideas. There was a recent thread on Community Lots and I've been searching but haven't found it yet.
    @Mstybl95 No problem! I find brainstorming fun, and I want to make over all of my worlds one day too, so I've been thinking of some of these ideas.

Also, I'm going to assume you don't have Jungle Adventure based on not including its map, but if you did and if it were possible, a dance academy could be cool because JA comes with a new cultural dance.

Maybe some sort of place for toddlers to gain skills also, like a makeshift preschool.
    I do own every pack, I just didn't include the vacation worlds due to their "scripted" gameplay. I've never really played on them so I'm not sure if they can be redone. I'm guessing they can since you brought it up.

Ooh...I was thinking about making a daycare center for toddlers. Like you, I'm trying to create places for my sims to skill in natural ways without having those ridiculously huge objects at their houses.

Most of my lots are just full of skilling objects when clubs show up and where my own sims can go to learn things.
    Oh okay.

Maybe you could have a dog park (I know there's already one in BB but I'm assuming you'll be having all sorts of pack mixing and matching across worlds anyways so a dog park in another world wouldn't be strange, I think).

Maybe a garden/store that sells the OR plants so that you can make the herbalism skill more accessible.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,841 Member
    I like some of those ideas up there already listed I have a lot of builds I don't use all the time that I place depending on the families I play the most, like kids restaurants for different age groups, one with toy decorations, another with a play area inside and I believe one that has a nap area, unless that's just a hangout. Can't remember now but it's fun to also make tiny little changes here and there as if your main worlds are adapting over the "sim years" with your family. One of my favorites is still the bowling alley we got I like to clean up the top part and make it a restaurant so with the bar and that, entertaining one group anyone younger can bowl and play at the arcade machine. Just a thought, I'm not as creative but I enjoy my nonsense.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Idea that feeds this. No computers, hobbies, pools, side activities at your home lot. Finding more fun, have to go out and interact with the world. Pools, skating rinks, movie theaters are my top useless, but fun much.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I almost always put my bowling alley where the Oasis Springs business area is because it just goes there to me.... with the beach there you've given me the idea to add fun things, maybe a rollerskating rink and retro diner. Keep it kind of retro cool looking with the beach below. Maybe one rental there for people that want to go/hangout and collect... not sure about that one but there are only 4 lots.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Either Oasis Springs or Windenburg could have a dig site that gives tours to visitors (zoned museum, perhaps with a little cafe).

The suggested pool in Oasis Springs could be ancient bath (roman, arab, whatever culture you use) themed.

You already made Strangerville all military (cool idea), otherwise I'd suggested a botanical garden.

For the travel regions maybe train or bus stations? I have a cafe in Mt. Komorebi right across the slopes that is built like a train from the inside so that I can let my sims travel there. However, from the outside it looks like an equipment renting shack.
    Great ideas! Thanks for the inspiration.

I want to have a seedy town. Where do you think I should put the criminals? I usually put them in Oasis Springs because I hate the desert and rarely go there. LOL...but I want to actually play the criminals and I want OS to be a party town like Las Vegas.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited April 2021
    I always planned on redoing worlds at some time. One thing I discovered that really is a bummer to me is that you cannot use the off the grid trait for rental lots. I was planning to send some of my Sims on vacation on off the grid lots, because I would not like to play on those on a regular basis, but would like to experience the lot trait during a vacation. Well, it just wasn't possible.

My ideas:
    - Youth Centre for teenagers to socialize after school with basketball, foosball and the like
    - disco with an ice skating rink
    - a museum dedicated to science interactions (kind of like the idea of an Art Center in San Myshuno)
    - lot with make up table, stylist objects, massage and such things where the future bride can spend a day with her besties to prepare for the wedding
    - lots that can be rented to seize vacations there (like decorated Halloween, Chrismas and Thanksgiving lots, maybe also on specified for birthday partys
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    For criminals

You could have a seedy bar or like a lot that looks like a storefront and maybe has a basement or attic for them to do criminal activities. I guess it depends on what your criminals do.

Like an underground lair or PC cafe for hackers. Or an abandoned warehouse for thieves. Or a rundown gym. Something like that.
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

@Mstybl95 For the criminals/seedy world idea, I think you can consider having a warehouse in the Spice District of San Myshuno (to take advantage of the seafront location and the relatively gritty-looking background). It could have a bar/nightclub as a front but really functions at the HQ of some form of smuggling operations or something.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 163 Member
    edited April 2021
    I could imagine criminals in the industrial part of Evergreen harbour! I just found a runt down old factory nightclub from the gallery and it fits perfectly to the lot where the bar used to be. It really gives me shady vibes : P

Thanks for the ideas, I have also started to renovate my neighborhoods since I realised that I always use the same few places when taking my sims out. So if there is places I never visit I don't have to keep them. I can change it for something else that interests me and my sims more. But I also struggle with keeping neighborhoods cohesive, it's hard to make a vision of some of them and deside what kind of things would fit best there...

So far I have made/downloaded a knitting cafe to Newcrest, a movie theater/bowling/game corner to Oasis Springs, a magical community garden to Windenburg island (I'm going to make it the island of spellcasters, since Glimmerbrook is already full...) and fine dining sushi restourant to Mount Komorebi. Still planning to make at least more spaces for kids and teenagers...
    Post edited by SanniSilli on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    edited April 2021
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    I could imagine criminals in the industrial part of Evergreen harbour! I just found a runt down old factory nightclub from the gallery and it fits perfectly to the lot where the bar used to be. It really gives me shady vibes :pensive:

Criminals that are running a trash recycling business as a front sounds a lot like the Sopranos. :lol:

In may game I like making restaurants specific to each neighbourhood. I have a 50s diner in Oasis Springs and it serves hamburgers and cola type drinks with jukebox for entertainment, in Magnolia Promenade I have an icecream parlour and it serves icecream, in Windeburg I made an German beerhouse type restaurant that serves steak and beer looking drinks with karaoke for entertainment, in Sulani I have a pirate ship restaurant with sword duels and ship steering for entertainment, in Newcrest I have a pizzeria, in Willow Creek I have a fancy formal dress restaurant with piano music as entertainment. The pizzeria has a herb garden at the back that I planted with the Outdoor Retreat herbs. In Del Sol Valley I have a restaurant that is styled like an airport, with departures and arrivals area, restaurant and bar. In Brindleton Bay I have seafood restaurant with aquariums filled with fish. I haven't got around to it but I plan on making a sushi restaurant in Mt. Komorebi.
    In my game Magnolia Promenade is a shopping area with shops that have apartments/living quarters above and also skill objects that can be used by any sim, like a couple of cupcake machines in the workshop (cooking school) above the pastry shop, the flower shop has the flower arranging table and the pumpkin carving station. The bookstore has a new age type massage parlor above. I still need to build a furniture shop for the hidden ECO lifestyle furniture and add the furniture making equipment in a workshop above.
    Post edited by crocobaura on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Great ideas! Thanks for the inspiration.

I want to have a seedy town. Where do you think I should put the criminals? I usually put them in Oasis Springs because I hate the desert and rarely go there. LOL...but I want to actually play the criminals and I want OS to be a party town like Las Vegas.

How about San Myshuno? Major cities are famous for being hood magnets.