Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite place for CC hair? (that looks normal)

I just gotta say it, what is up with the default hairs in this game? lmao. It's such a hassle to find good hairs for my sims, I'm going mad just scrolling up and down and settling for something. There's a few that look OK, but doesnt always fit the style. But a lot of them are so extra. (The Supernatural ones? aahahah)

Anyway. I've got a few CC hairs but they often feel too "unnatural" or something. Does anyone know any really good places for just, normal hanging-down, natural hairs? Normal ponytails, or sidesweeps etc? Most of EA's hairs either look too stringy or they've got this weird narrowness to them. I dont know how to explain it. It's weird, but even most of the default Sims 2 hairs look better than EAs sims 3 hairs.

Comments

• Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't really have a favorite place to download from but I do have my favorite hairstyles. I spent a lot of years looking for good hair and I only have a dozen or so that I truly love. I think Newsea has some of the cutest hairs.

Some look really cute till you put it on your sim and then it's like ugh..how'd they make their sim look so good in it? And long hair...it will stick out and look like it's hovering around your sim. I stick with shorter styles.

A couple of my favorites are Peppermint (newsea), Lavender (newsea), Foam Summer (newsea), Gravitation (newsea), Tsugumi (kijiko) Short? Medium? (unisex) (kijiko). Kijiko has quite a few cute short styles for both sexes.

R2M has some hairstyles that are resized to fit sims heads better - http://r2mcreations.blogspot.com/search/label/female hair#/page/1
    https://chazybazzy.tumblr.com/tagged/hair:-female is a good place to get/find hairs cause there are a lot of them.
    http://kijiko-catfood.com/category/the-sims3/ts3-malestyles/ts3-female-hair/
    https://pocketfulofdownloads.tumblr.com/retextures - good to find by creator

Peppermint

W6Z4fv9.jpg
    Post edited by KatyFernlily on
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

Most of TS3 hair I can find a Sim who can complement the style. Just like in real life, face shape plays a role in what looks good or best while still paying attention to fashion. Personally I like the way TS3 hair looks and is what I use most often.
    Selfie_at_Greenbeard_s_Fishing_Spot2.png

Lucille4.png

Screenshot-161.jpg

Screenshot-147.jpg

Screenshot-2660.jpg

Screenshot-636.jpg

Screenshot-1834.jpg

Screenshot-520.jpg

Screenshot-326.jpg

Screenshot-241.jpg

Screenshot-87.jpg

Screenshot-40.jpg

Screenshot-339.jpg

Screenshot-559.jpg

Screenshot-552.jpg

Screenshot-341.jpg

Screenshot-337.jpg

Screenshot-712.jpg

Screenshot-626.jpg

Screenshot-760.jpg

Screenshot-2009.jpg

Screenshot-1924.jpg

Screenshot-1517.jpg

Screenshot-635.jpg

Screenshot-614.jpg

I tend to like exact conversions of TS3 hair because most hair construction and textures I don't like despite using it at times. Besides, with a lot 3rd party custom hair some creators don't care about the poly count and I have to facepalm when some cry how horrible TS3 runs but has all this kind of cc which indeed will hinder TS3 performance. But no, it's the "The Sims 3 is a laggy game." excuse almost every time though there are some who realize the issue and doesn't blame the game for their own error in playstyle/gameplay pertaining specifically to that.

I try not to use too many high poly hairs, though I really would like more of a selection for braids, dreadlocks, Afro's, wavy, curly hair textures and styles, etc. Truth is I don't need to have all that in my game at once, especially when there are not any Sims using it. So I mostly follow my rule of only keep what I am using. And still try to keep it minimal.
    Screenshot-5632.jpg

Screenshot-489.jpg

Screenshot-2094.jpg

Screenshot-1921.jpg

Screenshot-1310.jpg

Screenshot-493.jpg

Screenshot-482.jpg

Screenshot-85.jpg

Screenshot-363.jpg

Screenshot-3958.jpg

When it comes to cc hair I don't have any favorite sites and rather just sometimes search cc finds sites to see if there's anything of interest which for me is rare. Like some, I don't care for most cc hair as it's not to my aesthetic. Good thing I actually like TS3 hair, mostly. <3

=======

Maybe not the right place to ask this but does Craven LeStat not use the forums anymore? I always enjoyed looking at his screenshots though I can look through his old ones. Hopefully all is well. Not many I find who are creatively inspirational.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    albertguineapigalbertguineapig Posts: 1 New Member
    I recommend looking up Buckley's hairs on MTS, she has a great collection of redone EA hairs so they fit the style of the game perfectly.

Also, I really like a creator called 'PoisonFireLeafs' on tumblr. I find that the textures she uses fits really well with the game.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Deshong04 Those are some lovely and unique sims, and I've never seen some of those hairs look so good. Craven comes around occasionally, mainly when we bug him to death with DMs that we miss him. :) In fact, I think I'll send him one now.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Deshong04 and @ZeeGee I occasionally come across a new YT video he's put up but I haven't checked for a while.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I recommend looking up Buckley's hairs on MTS, she has a great collection of redone EA hairs so they fit the style of the game perfectly.

Also, I really like a creator called 'PoisonFireLeafs' on tumblr. I find that the textures she uses fits really well with the game.

Oh I just did and they were lovely! I got em all. haha. Just a shame that loads of EAs hairs are already so....extra. I dont get who keeps designing these wonky hairs. There's so much 60s-prom-hairdo, "used a whole can of elnet", "my hair is propped up like wet spaghetti in the back" etc etc. LIke, omg just make hairs that people have IRL. Like a normal ponytail etc. Ahhh I'm losing it thinking about it.