Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just remade the entire 101 Dalmatians movie with The Sims 4!

Hey all! Wanted to share this with you.

So I have a 2 year old son who absolutely loves animals and enjoys watching pet movies and so on. So I attempted to try him with the original 101 Dalmatian movie by disney. Unfortunately, he is a little reluctant to watch anything 2D and just won't sit and watch it. So I decided 'what if I can make a sims version, would he watch it then?'. I had made a part of it some time ago and tried him with it. Safe to say he was hooked. So, in lockdown and genuinely searching to find a toddler something new to watch, I decided to make the entire thing using the sims 4. It's got good points and low points (in my critical opinion), no cars is an issue which I had to work around; I have this lag occasionally on long shots which can be a pain. But overall, this 1hour17minute movie was a joy to make. Looking at it, I'm happy with how it turned out and now my son has watched it twice. So the job is pretty well done here!

Check it out, let me know what you think. Heck, maybe I'll make some of the older disney classics! What's your favourites?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9areeOFQveQ

Comments

• Lilacsky22Lilacsky22 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2021
    very clever!!!!! I love it!!!! Wonderful job!!!! So neat!!!It reminds me of the 1950's. I loved it so much I subbed to your channel, I just loved it. <3 Also Excellent editing, very very cool.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Sims4DisneyStuff
    I absolutely love this kind of dedication. Brilliant job for recreating the entire movie for your son. It looks really good too!
    It must have been challenging indeed, but it’s obvious that you enjoyed working on this project. Bravo!

How about recreating classics like The Aristocats or Lady & The Tramp? Or if you need a break from pets , perhaps Peter Pan or the Sword in The Stone could be fun to work on and something your boy might enjoy?

TS4 offers sword fighting, enough building components to create a pirate ship and the Sulani world that could be used as Neverland. Or Spellcasters and medieval CC for The Sword.

Of course all of them present their own set of challenges but perhaps worth a try? I think it’s great the way you found a work- around to implement cars so I’m sure you’ll figure something out! Good stuff good stuff. Looking forward to seeing more from you! 👍🏼
  • Sims4DisneyStuffSims4DisneyStuff Posts: 143 Member
    Thank you so much both of you.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    I'd love to do all of those if I'm honest. Peter Pan is high up on the list, I'm just struggling finding a hook, but I may have to try and find someway to CGI a hook onto a sims hand as I'm not amazing at making custom content. I did recolour Cruella's coat and car, but that's as far as it goes!
  • magpieprincemagpieprince Posts: 25 Member
    That's AMAZING! I can't imagine the amount of skill not to mention patience it takes to make a machinima like that. Keep up the good work!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    It says it's blocked here (I'm in France) ;(

I made Roger, Anita, Pongo, Perdita and Cruella in my game for fun.

8EIFwhK.jpg
    YBnUjix.png